[Suggestion] Buying NCoin Gives Bonus+ NCoin

Snowyamur

As a game consumer, I often like to get more bang for the buck. In other words, knowing that I will get extra for what I initially spend is, to me, thinking that I'm getting my money's worth in the form of a better deal. To keep it simple, I think that getting free bonus NCoin that comes with initial NCoin purchases would make buying NCoin more consumer-friendly.

Looking at initial NCoin values, most have been set such that even if a player spends at maximum 10 or 20 USD on NCoin, they can't be overpowered. I use "overpowered" because this game is unfortunately Pay-to-Win, but the fact that it's Pay-to-Win will help explain a point I have later on. For my explanations, I will use the USD because I'm most familiar with that currency value. 

So, the current NCoin trade values are as follows:

• 5.00 USD - 400 NCoin
  • 10.00 USD - 800 NCoin
  • 20.00 USD - 1600 NCoin
  • 50.00 USD - 4000 NCoin
  • 100.00 USD - 8000 NCoin
  • 250.00 USD - 20000 NCoin

which is 0.8 NCoin/ 0.01 USD (1 cent). So, you're getting below 1 NCoin unit for every cent you spend on NCoin purchases, which means you're paying more for less.

Hongmoon Store items usually average pricing around 950-1430 NCoin, and this is exclusive to items players usually want, like cosmetics, event loot boxes, and Trove, but that's the minimum for Trove to be used effectively (unlocking item slots, buying keys). That's quite expensive for in-game items because this means you're spending at least 10+ USD for one item.

The fact that there are players spending 20+ USD on NCoin and only getting the raw NCoin is anti-consumer considering how expensive in-game store items were designed to be. This discourages players from buying NCoin knowing they pay more for less. To alleviate this, I was thinking of having bonus NCoin be handed out with large dollar purchases to tell the consumer that you will get more for spending more.

I have updated the NCoin trade values with bonus+ NCoin that can be included, which are as follows:

• 5.00 USD - 400 NCoin
  • 10.00 USD - 800 NCoin (+80 NCoin (+1.00 USD) bonus) = [880 NCoin] {earn 10% more NCoin off purchase}
  • 20.00 USD - 1600 NCoin (+320 NCoin (+4.00 USD) bonus) = [1920 NCoin] {earn 20% more NCoin off purchase}
  • 50.00 USD - 4000 NCoin (+1400 NCoin (+17.50 USD) bonus) = [5400 NCoin] {earn 35% more NCoin off purchase}
  • 100.00 USD - 8000 NCoin (+3200 NCoin (+40.00 USD) bonus) = [11200 NCoin] {earn 40% more NCoin off purchase}
  • 250.00 USD - 20000 NCoin (+9000 NCoin (112.50 USD) bonus) = [29000 NCoin] {earn 45% more NCoin off purchase}

From these conversions, you'll get an increasing percent value as you spend more money on larger NCoin bundles, which reinforces the fact that you're spending much more to receive a lot more in return. So, I would like to point out that I'm not an economist, but I know what's considered consumer-friendly vs. what isn't, and these conversions are what I believe to be more consumer-friendly than what's currently given.

It's highly probable that NCSOFT can lose profit if they do this, mainly because they'll be giving free NCoin away with larger purchases, but I don't think this is immediately the case because:

• the game is Pay-to-Win, and impatient players will spend thousands regardless; even if it's a little less, they're still spending a lot more.
  • Hongmoon Store items are expensive to begin with; the extra boost helps to compensate for that, but players will still need to spend about 10+ USD to get what they want; at least they're getting extra, though.
  • the game has its annual Trove events, which is the official money sink and money-maker.
  • the NCoin unit/ USD value doesn't change from all this, so players are unfortunately still losing a bit, but will earn more if they spend more.
  • having great deals like this will increase the number of players that are willing to spend money on the game, improving the total pool of spenders over increasing how much a limited pool of spenders will spend.
  • more items can always be added to the Hongmoon Store to encourage these great deals, resulting in more spenders.

Doing this will help the following in the long-run:

• encourage and improve trust growth between consumer/ player base and publisher/ developer.
  • reinforcement and promotion of consumer-friendly practices.
  • fairness in spending and avoiding scams of all kinds.
  • improvement of reputation when it comes to fairness in pricing.
  • allow players to know they're getting more for spending more.

I would like to know what people think of this idea. I think something like this would at least tell me that I'm not being ripped off for what I buy, while also giving me confirmation that I'll earn more by spending more. What do you guys think?

Note: I will abstain from making any response to anyone's feedback to avoid tone, mood, attitude, and drama. However, I will respond to any corrections that need to be made.

• Like 2

There is a reason their prices are like 4410 Ncoin they want us to buy 4800 Ncoin instead of 4410 which is extremly anti consumer but i dont see them changing it since it is a way to earn money and i dont think its just a few bucks.

P.S if you calculate with $ thats totally fine but i have to add Europeans have to pay € which is worth a bit more: 5$ are 4,47€.

400 Ncoin = 5$ = 4,47€ would be correct right ? No we have to pay 400 Ncoin = 5€ = 5,59$. just some cent but now lets look at 100 Trove keys.

4410 Ncoin = 4800 Ncoin (cause we have to buy that much) = 60$ = 53,63€ or the other way around: 4800 Ncoin = 60€ = 67,12$. So Europeans pay 7,12$ per Trove Key more than Americans. I can somehow understand it with physical stuff since you have to import it and such but i dont see why it has to be on Digital stuff that much.

If i buy Ncoin (rearely) i buy them on some site where i get cheap Ncoin card codes. There i pay American Prices or atelast a price which is somewhat close.

For everyone who thinks "they cannot give us the current price for our money" why cant they give us the price in American Dollars ? we can pay with Paypal and Paypal changes your money automaticly to Dollars if you are in need to but well its a way to earn money.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

34 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

There is a reason their prices are like 4410 Ncoin they want us to buy 4800 Ncoin instead of 4410 which is extremly anti consumer but i dont see them changing it since it is a way to earn money and i dont think its just a few bucks.

P.S if you calculate with $ thats totally fine but i have to add Europeans have to pay € which is worth a bit more: 5$ are 4,47€.

400 Ncoin = 5$ = 4,47€ would be correct right ? No we have to pay 400 Ncoin = 5€ = 5,59$. just some cent but now lets look at 100 Trove keys.

4410 Ncoin = 4800 Ncoin (cause we have to buy that much) = 60$ = 53,63€ or the other way around: 4800 Ncoin = 60€ = 67,12$. So Europeans pay 7,12$ per Trove Key more than Americans. I can somehow understand it with physical stuff since you have to import it and such but i dont see why it has to be on Digital stuff that much.

If i buy Ncoin (rearely) i buy them on some site where i get cheap Ncoin card codes. There i pay American Prices or atelast a price which is somewhat close.

For everyone who thinks "they cannot give us the current price for our money" why cant they give us the price in American Dollars ? we can pay with Paypal and Paypal changes your money automaticly to Dollars if you are in need to but well its a way to earn money.

You shouldnt look at it the way you do.

You need to look at it this way: America pays 5 of their monetary currency compared to their market, EU pays 5 of the EU monetary currency. Those are 2 different economic markets you should not convert it. You need to compare it as US to US and EU to EU not US to EU.

• Like 1

A lot of the NC Shop freaks me out... honestly

Like why are we still doing "Dragon Trade Pouches", when KR droped them years ago, and now everything on their server is expanded through basic currency? (gold)

The price pattern hasn't changed in forever, including where the 'discounts' are placed and how much. There are still materials on the shop that are beyond obsolete due to patch and content... that are at their same price as when the game originally launched.

There are always 'discount' sales, on account of season events, summer sale, winter sale etc etc. on the same types of items, at the same time

All this seems kinda patterned and... deliberate
I begin to wonder if NCWest even has the jurisdiction to make changes to the shop, they seem so specific and articulated around a one dimensional trend, that anybody with a sic of care in the world would've changed to a more agile method in accordance to their market/audience, to either motivate people to return, or bring new players in.

Oh well, a change would be great! SOME change would welcome!

Edited by kakikookie