Freya Ryye

Blade and Soul Beginner Guide

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

I have been working for the past few months (on and off) on a general guide for Blade and Soul targeted mostly at new players/returning players where I'm trying to explain the basics of this game, so that people can have an idea of how things work.

There is also a glossary with all the common abbreviations and terms that might be seen while playing and an explanation of the combat basics.

The guide is already pretty big, but since the more I work on it the more I notice things that should be added expect more to come in the future.

Anyway, I think there's enough content to finally share it here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19-7hGXgsa8ZavEKU30a7ntpKyfeeoQrzPJQa4AsCpiY/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to point something out or ask for clarification, my Discord handle is in the doc, I don't check forums that often so I might reply late.

Enjoy!

Edited by Freya Ryye

MCWang   

not too many people are willing to take the time to put together something like this to help new players, and I hope your work can be appreciated by many people.  I did wanna point out under the disabling skills portion, you can actually disable up to 5 skills not just 3.  I would personally also add in a note for PVE that new players should disable their knock up skills.

If only they added links to this guide in the actual game tho.. not many players go to reddit or the forums in search of information like this.

Grimoir   

Really impressive! But i am wondering if you will also include a guide on progression, most questions i see flying around are "what should i do after story" and so on.

For the rest the Guide you made is brilliant!

18 hours ago, MCWang said:

not too many people are willing to take the time to put together something like this to help new players, and I hope your work can be appreciated by many people.  I did wanna point out under the disabling skills portion, you can actually disable up to 5 skills not just 3.  I would personally also add in a note for PVE that new players should disable their knock up skills.

Thank you! I'll add that note to the guide.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Really impressive! But i am wondering if you will also include a guide on progression, most questions i see flying around are "what should i do after story" and so on.

For the rest the Guide you made is brilliant!

Thanks! I didn't include a guide on progression because there already is a pretty good progression guide on what to do on most gear levels. I've linked it in the "Further resources" section of my doc.