Huge Performance Issues with newest Nvidia Driver

Horanjo

Dear Team Bloodlust,

Dear Players,

Since I started playing the game a few days ago after 2 years of inactivity, i have noticed very bad performance.

After some digging around all of my settings, I have pinpointed the problem down to my Nvidia Graphics Driver Version 431.60.

tldr: you will get way better performance if you use the driver version 418.91 or something older and maybe a little bit newer.

So here is how I tested my theory, that it would be my driver having an issue:

First some specs of my PC:

- Windows 10 Ver. 1903
- Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

- i7 8700K

- 16GB DDR4 RAM

- 100Hz Monitor

I had about 35 Frames on average and medium graphic settings, which i figured was inacceptible with the power i have.

So i looked at the task manager and saw, that my graphics card wasn't even at 10% usage.

After some fiddeling around in the Nvidia settings and not getting any useful results, I tried to uninstall my graphics driver and reinstalled it, because it may be broken, but the issue did'nt vanish.

So I tried installing an older Version of the Nvidia Driver (Version 418.91) and voulà, it worked! Now I can play at 100fps at all max settings.

It's probatly an issue with some kind of communication of game data not getting loaded correctly with the newest drivers.

I also confirmed my theory about a driver issue not only being a problem for me, but also for all other players with nvidia cards by also installing an older driver version on his pc, because he also suffered from very bad performance (only having about 2 frames/sec).

He has a Nvidia GTX 1070 and is playing on Windows 10 64bit.

In his case I tried another driver version (Version 417.35) but it also worked and now he's playing at a constant 60 fps.

At some point Nvidia probatly added some "feature" in their driver which broke the communication and compatibility with the game.

This has probably happened somewhere between the Version 418.91, Released 2/13/2019 and Version 431.60, Released 7/23/2019.

I hope you guys understand that it's not my task to check with Version it exactly was.

I also hope that this will help with all the performance issues i read about in the forums the last couple of weeks.

Greetings,

Horanjo

Edited by Horanjo
added fps after fix

First off: With the myriad of possible hardware combinations it is very unlikely that your sudden issue accounts for everyone else as well. 

But yea, newest driver does not always equal best.

With Nvidia and an "older" GPU, you often reach a point where there are no additional gains to be expected from new driver releases, possibly even setbacks. Then again, when playing the latest games, you might want the driver support for them. So what to do? Well, check for yourself what works best OR check the work others have been doing for you already. In your chase - GF 10xx user - this guy has some valuable info for you:

https://www.esportstales.com/tech-tips/should-update-nvidia-gpu-drivers-benchmarks-by-version

It should be clear that BnS is one of those "older" game titles.

I myself, GF 1080Ti playing at a 1600p resolution, I7-9900k @ 5150, Windows7, fast m2 SSD (matters for content streaming), find the 399.24 driver to work, indeed, very well for me in BnS. I know miracolous performance enhancements are claimed often by people here... But honestly, using the extremely GPU-intensive (but also pretty!) 2x SSxAA i am playing at a surprisingly stable capped 100 FPS, occasionally dropping to 80ish with a decent number of PCs on the screen or when new visual content is being streamed. In Mushins, i barely manage to squeeze the FPS to 50 standing closeup in the middle of the crowd. Settings are almost at max with the exception of shadow quality lowered to 3, shadow visibility at 4, effects for others to 2 and the advanced water, "physics", motion blur effects disabled. Enhanced lightning and ambient occlusion enabled for justice. This may or may not be a similar case for you.

Yet again: One result is basically none. There is just too many other potential disturbance which can occur with different hardware combos and, in particular!, software/background process combos. As an avid gamer, you still want to keep your system clean of slackware, same as back in 1999. :P

Edited by weaponzero