BOW IN WEAPONS CONTEST????

Woah64

The weapon illusion design submission must include all weapon types: Sword/Lynblade, Gauntlets/Bracer, Bangle, Axe, Dagger/Razor, Staff, Pistols, and Greatswords. Since this category is to highlight weapon designs, only the weapons can be showcased, and no characters should be included within the image. If it helps to better display your design, especially for weapons like the gauntlets/bracer, a hand and/or arm may be included at your own discretion.

And after this said, i see 3/5 pictures with bow??

I fell like that is not okay with other two contester from top 5....

i know lots of ppl that will play archer and i think that 2 contesters that didnt make bow ilusion weapon are in big minus from voting...

ppl mentality is like that, they see bow they say uhhhh so nice cant wait to play archer, nice skin.

u didnt even said that bow is required, and i think that its not fair to take pictures like that in finale.

cuz it distracts ppl from real voting, hell if u said u can make bow i would too.

now im just 1 of 2 ppl in top 5 that didnt make bow and fell damaged.

if u dont belive me see that 2 pictures whitout bow have much less votes.

and i dont think its coincidance!

i hope u will rethink this, cus it is not fair. i think bow makes advantage in voting.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Rhiakath:

Don't be so presumptive. 

Well he got a point. But i am pretty sure the votes would still be in favor for the ones with the bows even if the bow wouldnt have been in there. For me all of thoose skins are ugly and the only one which got actully a completly new Design (the one with the clocks) get like no votes while the Skin we already have ingame just with another colour gets the most.

Soul fighter/Kung Fu Master here we got like one or 2 decent skins ingame.

I also like ur clock theme, and it looks nice.

and i would love to see your bow theme for it :)

but my point here is not for someone to type liking or disliking.

there is voting for that.

my point was that no bow was ever mentioned for this contest.

and i regret that i didnt make one...cuz i was thinking if i  made one i will be disqualified...

So u set rules, and dont folow them...

i am happy that i am in top 5

but i would be even more happy to be with all 11 designs , so ppl can vote on all. not only top 5.

this thread was created cuz i want response from NC and not some critic salty ppl wo say its ugly

thus i wont reply anymore on it, cuz im better person than to argue.

ps. sorry for bad english.

• NCSOFT

First of all, congrats making the top 5 :)

All entries this year were amazing and great in their own rights. It is also fair to criticize and comment on the designs, but please refrain from negative and unfair critique.

Back to the point — In the end, we had to make a decision to either allow Bows as optional submission or disqualify all entries including Bows. Since the latter seemed overly harsh and since we already had a similar case last year with Greatsword skins being submitted before the Warden's release, we decided to allow Bows, but not making them a requirement. As always if you are uncertain if something would get you disqualified, you can reach out to the Community Team at any time.

thank you!! i like your colour theme a bunch, very catchy :3 sad to say i'm not into wild/cursed designs, i'd be biased if i comment on that QQ 

but yeah well honestly bow is also a weapon design and by the time the chosen design is made into an in-game skin, archers and bows will be a thing. the rules said only weapons should be showcased so adding bow, which is another weapon, wouldn't get you disqualified. wish you added that too! i personally didn't add bow because i was pressed for time, i still don't think my final submission was quite refined as it should be but i thought it's just good enough and portrays the idea well enough so i posted anyway, because i liked the idea. previous contests i sent in costume designs pretty refined but wasn't in top11 hhaha, now i'm delighted to be in top 5. 

oh and about the ugly comments, everybody has their own personal taste. some people wouldn't like any skin in top5. some would love all of it and couldn't pick one to be their fave. gotta take every comment as it is, that is art, can't expect everyone to think everything is good. i'm sure they have ideas on how to make each design better by their own taste too, would take forever to comment it all though. just respect opinions ^w^ 

i feel super bad for everyone else in top 11. win or lose is one thing, but it's upsetting to not get a chance to show off the hard work even though the name is technically "winners" and all 11 will get the prize. i doubt anyone did this just for the coins. i personally simply wanted to see my design and my art in a game i like, or at least people to see and judge my design. i know for a fact that there are people who are better designers than me, more experienced and lot more refined, so i was prepared to not be chosen. this is what a contest means after all- judges pick who wins. i'm lucky my art is being seen right now, but i'd hate to be in top11 with nobody seeing my art. is like winning and being denied at the same time. would feel so bad QQ 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Baskerville:

Back to the point — In the end, we had to make a decision to either allow Bows as optional submission or disqualify all entries including Bows. Since the latter seemed overly harsh and since we already had a similar case last year with Greatsword skins being submitted before the Warden's release, we decided to allow Bows, but not making them a requirement. As always if you are uncertain if something would get you disqualified, you can reach out to the Community Team at any time.

So we all know many people looking forward to the archer and would of course prefer skins that include a bow.

While i agree to the point not accepting entries with a bow would be harsh this problem could have been solved easily without giving anyone an maybe unfair advantage.

Two simple Soulutions:

1. you should have made the Bow skin a requirement cause archer will for sure be released before the skins are released.

or

2. when there are entries with and without Bow-skins in the vote, just hide the Bow-Skin and just show the defalut Skins for the voting so every entry in the final voting wil only show the required weaponskins

Easy as hell and no one would have an advantage cause he/she added a not required weaponskin for a class we dont have jet but anyone is waiting for.

Is it realy that hard and complicated?

To be honest, there are very rare wepons that look good at BnS. Mainly Swords for BM/BD, Axe for Destro and some Staff for the Sum while most Gauntlets - KFM/SF, Dagger- SIN/WL, Bangles - FM and overall Guns for Gunners (most look like a hillarious toy/waterpistol but not as a weapon sta seriously can deal dmg) are looking crap. I addition NC-Soft have removed som realy good looking skins (Swords) from the game, but thats another story. 

So as a Player, who is quite curious about the Archer, of course i would prefer and vote for a skin that contains a good looking Bow, in the hope to get it for my Archer, even there are other skins that might be looking better for my current main-class.
So yeah its quite unfair for those participants who dont made a skin for a bow.

Edited by Merlin DE

28 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

So we all know many people looking forward to the archer and would of course prefer skins that include a bow.

While i agree to the point not accepting entries with a bow would be harsh this problem could have been solved easily without giving anyone an maybe unfair advantage.

Just because a bow is included in the design, doesnt mean they will actually create it, same as just because a bow isnt included in the design, doesnt mean the devs wont create one matching it

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Just because a bow is included in the design, doesnt mean they will actually create it, same as just because a bow isnt included in the design, doesnt mean the devs wont create one matching it

Thats completly irelevant for the voting while people who looking forward to the Archer  wouldnt think about this and definatly would prefer a entry which has a good looking bow skin over an entry without a bow-skin.

Wether the devs will create a bow skin or not is a complete other question and is completly independent from the voting.

And the advantage / disadvantage of the voting itself is theme, not wether the devs will add a bow skin or not.

I see you answering in nearly every thread and lot of times stuff thats completly miss the point. So i start asking myself (without any intention of harassment), do you even read/understand what people are writing, or do you just post to keep your postcount rising?

Edited by Merlin DE