Regarding Sudden Change in rules of Outfit Design Contest

Sahib111

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

In the contest rules it clearly states that only the top 5 will be selected for player votes out of 11 finalists chosen by the judges.

Here he comes to save the daaaaaaay!! In his shining armour.  Im actually impressed at this point that you can defend every single *****up of this company with this game. You sure you dont work for them ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ikimino said:

Here he comes to save the daaaaaaay!! In his shining armour.  Im actually impressed at this point that you can defend every single *****up of this company with this game. You sure you dont work for them ?

Whats there to defend? Did you even read the contest rules? In case not here you go:

Using the Judging Criteria, the Judges will select at least 2 and up to 5 images from each category (each a “Finalist” and collectively, the “Finalists”) selection process for determination of the Costume Grand Prize Winner and Weapon Illusion Grand Prize Winner.

"The Blade & Soul team will select 11 finalists for each category—costume and weapon illusion—with the players voting for the Grand Prize Winners from August 7 through August 14 via the forums. The Grand Prize Winner and Finalists will be announced the same day after voting as closed on August 14."

This is from official website, one you mention is from Official Contest Rules file. 

Can you see any difference, somethings missing perhaps ? 

Thats the whole problem, discrepancy between those two.

But you missed the point as you normally do.

1 hour ago, Ikimino said:

"The Blade & Soul team will select 11 finalists for each category—costume and weapon illusion—with the players voting for the Grand Prize Winners from August 7 through August 14 via the forums. The Grand Prize Winner and Finalists will be announced the same day after voting as closed on August 14."

This is from official website, one you mention is from Official Contest Rules file. 

Can you see any difference, somethings missing perhaps ? 

Thats the whole problem, discrepancy between those two.

But you missed the point as you normally do.

No, 11 are the finalists the judges picked, out of those 11 the top5 were chosen to be voted on by players. 2 step process. There is no discrepancy.

Even if they spoke up on the front page when they first posted it to the public emphasizing that we would only be picking from 5 like they should have done in the first place which they didn't do, it still would have been wrong because there's no way we should be picking from such a small amount selected by people who for the most part could not care less. Because they're employees their opinions are going to be whimsical at best with maybe a lazy dev or two chiming in on the "harder" to make ones probably putting them down for obvious reasons.

If they just wanted to choose themselves they should have said so so that artists would have known not to play themselves like that and draw up these submissions for it to not even matter because the majority of the community will never see or know about them.

@Grimoir But there are no 11 finalists. A finalist is someone participating in a final in which the winner is chosen or decided. We only got 5 finalists because the places 11 to 6 got chosen before by NCSOFT. In the semifinals so to say. Those participants don't even have chance at wining thus they are no finalists.

5 minutes ago, Ikimino said:

Wall of text

What they post on the website in news posts etc, is pretty often just wrong information/bad spelling and such. Never believe that stuff. So only believe the actual rules. 

3 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

What they post on the website in news posts etc, is pretty often just wrong information/bad spelling and such. Never believe that stuff. So only believe the actual rules. 

Oh believe me, I dont trust a word that they say.  And the fact that misinformation happens to often should not be acceptable.

Just now, Ikimino said:

Oh believe me, I dont trust a word that they say.  And the fact that misinformation happens to often should not be acceptable.

Not "acceptable" ofc, but they get called out on it every time and no change is made.. So what else can we do other than just say "Well meh, it's just like always" 

1 minute ago, Uldrum said:

Not "acceptable" ofc, but they get called out on it every time and no change is made.. So what else can we do other than just say "Well meh, it's just like always" 

The moment you go "Well meh" you give them a reason not to change anything or improve upon. Sadly people dont see it that way. 

10 minutes ago, Ikimino said:

The moment you go "Well meh" you give them a reason not to change anything or improve upon. Sadly people dont see it that way. 

Well, it's like if your "Supplier" starts spiking the stuff with cayenne pepper, so everytime you use the stuff it makes you mad, but since this person is the only "Supplier" you like you keep going to that supplier for more all the time. 

Basiclly the inconvinience of the pepper dosen't outweight the need for the stuff.  

Edited by Uldrum

1 minute ago, Uldrum said:

Well, it's like if your "Supplier" starts spiking the stuff with cayenne pepper, so everytime you use the stuff it makes you mad, but since this person is the only "Supplier" you like you keep going to that supplier for more all the time. 

Basiclly the inconvinience of the pepper dosen't outweight the need for the stuff.  

Until some new supplier opens his shop and starts to sell exactly what you want. :D:

1 minute ago, Ikimino said:

Until some new supplier opens his shop and starts to sell exactly what you want. :D:

Yeah, and that was BnS for me. made me play a lot less WoW which i had been subbed to between 2006 and 2016. 

If BnS goes away, there is nothing else. 

Edited by Uldrum

Neh there is always another way :D 

I stopped my BnS sub more than a year ago.

I got the FFXIV sub now and in my opinion value for money in BnS is close to 0 at this point. 

Everyone has there own needs, even in gaming, I get that. If you like BnS thats absolutely fine. It is a good game in its core with massive potential being diminished by  NCWest poor handling and involvement with community.

What I cant stand is that some people are defending obviously wrong and missed decisions all the time. Its absolutely mind boggling.

Finally some good conversation around here. Thank you Uldrum :D

Solution? Don’t ever waste your time in the future designing art for a game that spits in your face for your effort and rapidly waning respect for it.

I’m sure the number of artists who are interested in participating next year essentially halved or even less. Good job NCW as usual at helping to worsen publisher-player relationship. I would say this is even worse than ripping off whales cause artistic talent and time is worth way more than swiping $100 from hongmoon wallet.

10 hours ago, Ikimino said:

Website- (The Blade & Soul team will select 11 finalists for each category—costume and weapon illusion—with the players voting for the Grand Prize Winners from August 7 through August 14 via the forums. The Grand Prize Winner and Finalists will be announced the same day after voting as closed on August 14.)

Rules- (Using the Judging Criteria, the Judges will select at least 2 and up to 5 images from each category (each a “Finalist” and collectively, the “Finalists”) selection process for determination of the Costume Grand Prize Winner and Weapon Illusion Grand Prize Winner)

In your opinion its the same right? 11 is the same as 5. 

What interests me more is the fact that this discussion is happening now and not when everything was posted. It just proves no one read the rules, if they did this discussion would have came up the moment the design post was posted in July.

and you are comparing it to some kind of tournament which it isnt, this is a publisher contest that has rules the publisher put in place, that means 11 finalists who all get a prize, and top 5 according to rules that judges picked to be up for player voting.

Next year they should just pick a winner themselves rather than put it up to a vote because it would save them a lot of time and trouble.

Edited by Grimoir