Sign in to follow this  
FlCosmin

Why is this a thing?

Recommended Posts

FlCosmin   

So every event I have the habit of keeping every token up to the event of the event then used them after that but now a friend of mine attracted my attention and tiled me that they have changed that, now I got extra tokens that I can't use them for what I have planned for because of this...
sc8etv.jpg

Are they trying to kill the last remaining player base that is in a decline by placing limitations on something that is it hard to get in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kindynos   
54 minutes ago, FinalLight said:

there are only limitations to vials etc.
Which is fine cuz people with 10 alts whatever can't abuse it.

How is it abusing if they're actually playing the game and using their time to get the rewards? I'm genuinely curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can still get full vials from up to 9/10 chars since it continues to refresh the limit each week until the currency expires, although yes the idea was to stop people taking no-gear alts and farming oils on them like every other event. Probably done mostly to stop people complaining about "no gear" characters in lfp or "leeches" in lfp but for the most part those are the same people who cry the dungeons are to hard and nobody will accept them simply because they are to lazy to run it properly without someone carrying them.

 

On the plus side (I guess) it means they are listening to complaints from previous events... even if it's the wrong complaints...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlCosmin   

Sure I got alts but I'm not using them to "abuse" events since I don't see what can I abuse from them since last few ones were trash in regards of sacred vials gain and what I decided to do on my alts with those events I chose to upgrade the gear on them, since January up to now all my alts are to Aransu 6 maxed BT acc and bracelets (old ones) so again what am I abusing on my play time of 3-4 hours a day? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you have 11 chars or plan to login before maint on wed to do weeklies on some chars to get that final extra oil, you can still get the max oils from 10 chars on this event if you claimed each week. I guess you could get up to 35/40 since you never claimed first week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
12 minutes ago, FlCosmin said:

Sure I got alts but I'm not using them to "abuse" events since I don't see what can I abuse from them since last few ones were trash in regards of sacred vials gain and what I decided to do on my alts with those events I chose to upgrade the gear on them, since January up to now all my alts are to Aransu 6 maxed BT acc and bracelets (old ones) so again what am I abusing on my play time of 3-4 hours a day? 

Last few ones were trash? So 50+ vials from Fishing is trash according to you? o.o 50 vials for basically nothing xD

Edited by Grimoir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlCosmin   
3 minutes ago, Bobthemonk said:

Unless you have 11 chars or plan to login before maint on wed to do weeklies. 

Would be nice if I didn't have to go to work but oh well, since this evemt turned out to be a a failure AGAIN!! I think I will get the Diabolical costumes on all ofy 10 characters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlCosmin   
2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Last few ones were trash? So 50+ vials from Fishing is trash according to you? o.o 50 vials for basically nothing xD

To much of a grind that's why is Trash, I don't really mind the grind but when it gets excessive then it's not a good thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FlCosmin said:

Would be nice if I didn't have to go to work but oh well, since this evemt turned out to be a a failure AGAIN!! I think I will get the Diabolical costumes on all ofy 10 characters 

Sure, throw away the 30 more oils you can still collect and blame the event because you were to lazy to read the event... next people will complain they didn't know they had to kill the old man for red coins to buy stuff and say trash event...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlCosmin   
1 minute ago, Bobthemonk said:

Sure, throw away the 30 more oils you can still collect and blame the event because you were to lazy to read the event... next people will complain they didn't know they had to kill the old man for red coins to buy stuff and say trash event...

Explain me how can I get those 30+ oils since you are limited to 5 a week and I got tokens now to get like 15 more oils... now that I have to wait for next week to get another 5 more... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 more weeks of the event + 4 more weeks before the currency expires = 6 weeks / 6 resets. Now feel free to pull out a calculator because we are about to use some big numbers. 6 x 5 = 30.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlCosmin   
2 minutes ago, Bobthemonk said:

2 more weeks of the event + 4 more weeks before the currency expires = 6 weeks / 6 resets. Now feel free to pull out a calculator because we are about to use some big numbers. 6 x 5 = 30.

 

 

You just told me what I already know about but what about the additional ones? That's what I'm asking since I started using the token this week because only now I have found out about the limitation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dlacik   

I don't understand why anyone sees the limit as problem.

 

With 11 chars you can farm 3344 outlaw coins if you run everything that gives them.

 

During event itself and the redeeming period (4+4 weeks) the limits allow you to get:

40 sacred vials = 2200 outlaw coins

80 pet packs = 2000 outlaw coins

Yes, you can't use all the coins to get sacred vials but you can still spend them effectively by getting the pet packs with the rest of coins.

Edited by Dlacik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your realise your currently complaining that because you didn't bother to read the event your only getting 30 oils instead of 40 and therefor the event is a "failure"... What do you want them to do, give you 5 vials a day for logging in and collecting login bonus?

 

Also, it will reset on August 14th, 21st, 28th, September 4th, 11th and then 18th before maintenance if you login between the daily reset and the server coming down for maintenance. That's 6 more resets you can collect on...

Edited by Bobthemonk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlCosmin   
2 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

I don't understand why anyone sees the limit as problem.

 

With 11 chars you can farm 3344 outlaw coins if you run everything that gives them.

 

During event itself and the redeeming period (4+4 weeks) the limits allow you to get:

40 sacred vials = 2200 outlaw coins

80 pet packs = 2000 outlaw coins

Yes, you can't use all the coins to get sacred vials but you can still spend them effectively by getting the pet packs with the rest of coins.

As I said I  the guy who keeps his event token up to the last day of the event and then use them all at once but now I can't do that and I have not collected anything for these past two weeks and now I'm left with additional tokems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also normally wait till the end of the events to use my tokens, but there was plenty warning before hand including for people like me who don't read 99% of the patch notes and instead checks the event store in-game to see what they can buy.

 

Waiting till 2 weeks after event launches to take a look at what you can get with the currency is not the events fault.

 

As they also pointed out to you, you can get pet packs. Unless you have maxed your talisman + pet, but at that point I would assume your heart + soul are also maxed making this entire thing pointless since you can't use the vials either...

Edited by Bobthemonk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dlacik   
1 minute ago, FlCosmin said:

As I said I  the guy who keeps his event token up to the last day of the event and then use them all at once but now I can't do that and I have not collected anything for these past two weeks and now I'm left with additional tokems

But you can only blame yourself for that. The limits were described in the article that announced event and i think they've mentioned them in the update preview stream. It is also visible when you open the event currency exchange tab in dragon express. It's not that the limits were somehow hidden to make everyone waste their event currency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlCosmin   
5 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

But you can only blame yourself for that. The limits were described in the article that announced event and i think they've mentioned them in the update preview stream. It is also visible when you open the event currency exchange tab in dragon express. It's not that the limits were somehow hidden to make everyone waste their event currency.

True I don't bother reading changes unless they are game changes not events related ones but still it is a stupid thing adding that limitation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dlacik   

I don't think it's a stupid thing.

The limit allowed to give more vials to players who can't complete event on that many alts while not giving too many vials to those who can do event on 11 chars.
On the other side the players who can do event on 11 chars will get the worthy rewards because thay can get pet packs with the rest of coins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlCosmin   

Well now at least I know one thing, not gonna rely on this forum anymore because I'm asking for something and get a different answer from people that are still OK with this which is not and it's still and will remain stupid because I still can't get all the things I want on the last day of the event and can't stack up the token in order to do that. 

Hope you all have a good day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 11 Stunden schrieb FinalLight:

there are only limitations to vials etc.
Which is fine cuz people with 10 alts whatever can't abuse it.

Well by now you need 1100+ Oils for Soul/Heart/Amulett and assessouirs breakthrough which are normaly gated behind a paywall.

Why is it abusing to do an event on multiple alts? you dont get it for free, you still have to invest time. Your argument is bullshit cause evereyone are able to do do it.

 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dlacik:

I don't think it's a stupid thing.

The limit allowed to give more vials to players who can't complete event on that many alts while not giving too many vials to those who can do event on 11 chars.
On the other side the players who can do event on 11 chars will get the worthy rewards because thay can get pet packs with the rest of coins.

Thats like saying
The Paywall allow to give more Oils to those with an unlimited credit card  while not giving any to those without a creditcard. great logic, just because you cant, or just to lazy to do the event on multiple chars doesnt mean you have to limit those who can and want to do it.

 

You still dont get it and keep defending NC-Soft with stupid excuses.

The ONLY reaso for limiting Oils / Pet Pouches in events is not to "prevent abuse" by multiple alts, its MONEY, they fear they wont sell enought RNG-Boxes / Trove Keys

 

As i said, you need 1100+ Oils for all your gear right now and there is comming up even more.

In Asia they added "Ancient Weapon Stages 0-19" which will give your weapon even more powerfull stats. With every higher stage transform will have a lower chance to success and when you fail you will loose up to 6 currently upgraded stages. When you fail upgrade from 18-19 you will get back to Stage 13.


I'll guess we wont get the RNG-Versionbut instead a version with rising amount of oils per stage and i dont want to know how many oils the higher stages will cost. Overall the last 2 stages that have only a 5% success rate in asia.

So yeah we will need a ton of oils and even more in the future and you keep defending Crap events and Limiting people from farming with multiple alts.

 

We had 3+ years less time to upgrade our stuff than asia had (since BNS started much later in west and we are now only 3 or 4 month behind asia) and jet in asia its more easy to farm your stuff even with the rng-effect they have.

 

For Example in Asia you can trade in fishing pearls for moonstone/soulstone/elysian and scared crystals, not yust "useless" outfits, they get or at least got Oils from dailys and so on

 

But Yeah, keep defending every crap from NC-Soft

 

 

Edited by Merlin DE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, FlCosmin said:

Well now at least I know one thing, not gonna rely on this forum anymore because I'm asking for something and get a different answer from people that are still OK with this which is not and it's still and will remain stupid because I still can't get all the things I want on the last day of the event and can't stack up the token in order to do that. 

Hope you all have a good day. 

In all fairness you have no one to dislike or be upset about but yourself. Limits were known even before the event started, and saving the currency was purely your own decision.

Asside from that, its a public forum, people do not need to agree with you on anything, they can voice their own opinions and views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uldrum   

This information was given to you through the patch notes, the event page on the website and the update live stream.. and also ofc the event store window in game showing 0/10. 

and with all those sources of information you still somehow "Missed" this new fact for this event? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Merlin DE The way I see it I would prefer they put a cap than ban a large chunk of there player base for leeching events on 10 storyline alts every day. F8 is way less toxic this event than previous events with the limit in place, and not sure what other limits they could do other than putting higher gear limits onto all the dungeons to search for them in F8 and ruining F8 in the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this