5 favorites for bns cosmetic contest?

Shun

I find it very unfair that they classify only 5 for voting of the 11 finalists, and even more that within those 5 finalists the costumes are equal to those that already exist in bns not to say copies with different color and that one arrangement, it seems to me an arrangement of the developers just to facilitate the work, they will never do something innovative ? Every time they pull out a new suit, it’s an old one with a different color. Several have said that there are suits that, if they are worth being on the ballot, should put the 11 to the vote and not just manage between you to facilitate the work. They should even put up to 30 designs and have the community choose the one they like the most because we enlejiamos innovation and true creativity, the judges always choose the same style and the ones of highest quality in design, why don’t you think of the community of bns who are keeping the game alive so far instead of making things easier for you eh ignore all the complaints that have been made about the subject, give anger:grrr: to anyone and even more to those who participated in the contest.

• Like 1

You know your action means losing players....you don’t respect your players at all, at least to whoever that participated in the contest who didn’t even get the chance to show their work to the public.

14 minutes ago, DeeDeeI said:

You know your action means losing players....you don’t respect your players at all, at least to whoever that participated in the contest who didn’t even get the chance to show their work to the public.

If i remember good, once voting is finished, they always make a post with the winning design and all the runner ups from the 11 chosen.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb MassiveEgo:

So your dev team gets to have a say on what we get to like? Get out of here!

Well it works quite well for them. They know what the community likes thats why they are doing a great job.

PVP 1v1 = barely enough players

PVP 3v3 = not enough players at all

BR = without event not possible to play it due to the lack of players

6v6 = barely enoug players

PVE in general: current dungeons cannot be played via LFP and old dungeons take some time to get a group aswell now.

They did a great job since they know what we want ! We get a lot of new players and not alot of people leave the game. They listen very much to our needs and have a good solution to all our problems ! (For everyone who didnt get it yet its sarcasmn)

vor 12 Minuten schrieb DeeDeeI:

They dont care about playerbase if you are not a new player you should have known that. They write down stuff in their announcements and change it at their need.

Just take a screenshoot of patch infos if you see a backlash of the community alot of times they change lil stuff in it so they can say "it was announced that way" or they post stuff which can be interpreted completly diffrenrent.

To get back to the topic the only reasons i can imagine why we cannot choose from all 11 outfits is either 1. to sexy for the game, 2. to much work (lets face it they dont wanna pay anymore money for this game) or 3. There is someone in dev team who wants one outfit but is not allowed to say it so he/she creates this farce.

To my experience with BNS its Number 2 the fact that all outfits and Weapon skins look pretty much like already existing stuff makes my beliefe stronger.

• Like 1

We think we have to talk.

As already said, the designs really look like some of the costumes that we have in the game.
My friends and I feel pretty pretty sorry, if we say so, ripped off.
We all make so much effort and even work nights, because it means so much to support your game, to make other players happy with new designs. Unlike my friends, it was the first time I had participated in such a contest. I drew characters and weapons for the first time, I'm used to flower illustration and thought that my design was actually pretty good, but then I want to describe how it feels for my friends and me. We are simply not considered worthy of your choice and we only have to choose from what you like. ever thought that the community might not have the same taste as you. Best of all, you are not under the top finalists  , but you will still get something. Ever thought that people do not participate in the competition because of any prize, but because they want to share your love for the game and develop something with. That they enjoy supporting the game and getting a chance to see their support in the game. How do you answer these people, they are not shown, they do not get a chance and you feel like kicking them in the heart, that's just how it feels for one of my friends and he's not the only one who thinks like that. Why participate in your contest at all? Then your people can design something. To ignore the community the way you have dared is already a big step.
We love the game and have liked to support it so far but it works less and less and the community that keeps a game alive is increasingly ignored or skipped we need a little break from this support and wait until the competition is over.
We wish  all finalists the best and thank you for your effort, as many others have done to design a design.
We hope it changes. As it has gone now, things are not going well, we think.
top 5 finalists, the designs you have created are great, but please also understand the other participants, the chance you got was simply taken us.
We wish you every success and apologize if our words ever anger or hurt you.
This entry is written by my friends and me and includes all of us, the opinion of how we feel and what bothered us.
We ask for your understanding, thank you.

English is the 3th language of us . So please excuse, if we write anything wrong and hope you understand what we meant.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

To provide a little more transparency, we made the change to simplify the contest process internally and externally. We reviewed each and every entry received, and along with the dev team selected our Top 11 and subsequently the Top 5 that we wanted you to vote from. There is no doubt we have a lot of talented and creative artists in our community, but since there will only be 1 Grand Prize winner per category, the goal was to provide better focus on selecting the winning design.

"To provide more transparency"?? Is this a joke? You decide to not follow the own rules that YOU POSTED and then be all "wE oNLy HaVe 5 oUt 11 FoR yOu GuYs To cHoOsE fRoM" This makes NO sense whatsoever. How can anyone possibly see that you would only be giving us 5 to choose from when you told us "There would be 11 Finalists"??  You know what's really sad, however? I'm actually not surprised this has happened.

Edited by Kumikuro
  • Like 4

bns community is getting increasingly smaller, so we get one contest instead of 2 seperate contests for each region, and that makes sense. there still will be 11 winners, just 5 finalists to choose from, that was also specified. they also said their judges get to choose the winners and finalists, and we all entered knowing that full well, didn't we? 

for the top5 thing, it was specified in the rules, but as the announcement never changed it's no wonder it caused a misunderstanding and, eventually, a backlash. if the dev team had changed up the announcement saying "you will vote from top5 but top11 will get the runner-up prize" it could've been more clear- and if the community had something to say, they coulda said it before the voting period then maybe something would change... high doubts, though, for the rules were already written down. still, honestly, i don't think calling them runner-ups and not giving them a chance to showcase their work is fair.

as an artist, one thing you want the most is for the people to see your work. the result of my effort to be appreciated is what i want, win or lose. that's what it meant to be in top11 to me, not the prize. i wanted to get out there and see if what i made actually appeals to the community, and how much. though, for one, this is how contests work- some win and some lose, as i've also lost twice in this contest before. in any contest, it's about the judges and not the community... well, unless you give community a chance to see ALL the entries and vote for the top10 themselves- which would make it a little... confusing, at best. so being in top11, top5, any winner category, is based on the judging criteria and is something to be accepted when entering a contest with rules. 11 finalists, up to 5 to vote from- it WAS written in the rules. changing the voting rules and not making it clear in the announcement post by changing/adding a few words was not cool, still. 

one more, i don't think art and/or design has to be bedroom-fantasy level revealing to be good, nor would it mean "this game is 8yo friendly" for a winning outfit to actually be less revealing for a change. best designs this year might have been less revealing going for a cool/badass concept for appeal and you never know. creativity can come in all shapes and colours, it can be all-revealing or completely covered, and saying if it's not sexy it's not pretty is quite offensive to the artist, imo... but what do i know, haha

• Like 2

No one's going to spit on me and tell me it's raining, that's not happening.

It should be 11 choices posted. Not 5. There's more I want to say, but simply can't.

You put both us voters and the artists themselves in an awkward situation with this.

Because I don't want to sound like I'm slapping certain people who I'm sure worked very hard on their submission but at the time it's hard to say what needs to be said without doing so.

When I went back to find the previous contest posts, they were deleted. But at least some can be seen talking about it.

The fact is that every year we choose from 11.

The first year, the CM's chose. That was how the Alice one was the winner. This caused a big fuss of anger/irritation.

If you google "Costume design winner is disappointing blade and soul" the topic comes up.

After that first year, they gave the choice completely over to the players since having them (the CM's) choose didn't go over well at all/wound up being such a disaster.

I bring this up to say that what you're doing now is very similar to that. You are for some reason re-taking most of the decision making.

You don't play this game. I've seen one or two of you stream it and I can say with ease that you are not frequent players. So your opinions on what is and isn't good to be frank, are not very stable. Again, I'm not trying to be mean. But what I'm saying is let us decide. You do not know what's best. Post 11, not 5. Those 5 are not enough.

Edited by Showta

As someone who entered into the weapon design contest for the first time, I was anxious to see if I was going to be a finalist. Not seeing my design up for voting is one thing, but knowing that there are 6 other designs floating around unseen is awful. I would hate to know that I was a "finalist" but wasn't chosen for the top 5 because of whatever reason. It would feel like a punch to the gut. Like them saying your design was good enough, but wasn't. I feel so bad for those 6 people who never got a chance. I know mine wasn't good, but there are some amazingly talented artists that were straight up denied. I know the rules say what they do, but was there a reason to change the rules in the first place?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

2. The other 6 are all too sexy. NCW doesn’t have the capability, or don’t want to, see them in game to create false illusion of being family friendly

what do you mean other 6 are too sexy? have you seen the 4 design "Glint of Aura"?
that's one of the sexiest designs on a girl in this game...

they just went for the most easiest designs to transport and bring into the game so they have less work to do

Edited by raisensix

18 minutes ago, raisensix said:

what do you mean other 6 are too sexy? have you seen the 4 design "Glint of Aura"?
that's one of the sexiest designs on a girl in this game...

they just went for the most easiest designs to transport and bring into the game so they have less work to do

Lol. If you think "glint of aura" is overly sexy you obviously haven't seen the other entries. You think a tummy-revealing dress is more sexy than almost naked with pasties or a tube top?

This is gold. People think that more skin automatically eq to more sexy.

If entry 4 is one of the more sexy outfits in bns in same category as the black widow outfit or Zulia outfit or the qipao outfit then being naked is more sexy than lingerie then. Time for lingerie industry to go bankrupt...

Beautiful? I am not commenting on it, but sexiest???

I hate being a downer but i'm disappointed to see this turn into a 'what's popular around the ncsoft office' contest, i would've thought that was every other outfit we got year 'round.

Feels bad for the bait and switch on the artists though it seems just as likely at this point that we could've only been given a vote between the top 2 for the grand finals.

At the very least i hope this was to ensure the art team would have to make a design they were happy with because most previous contest winners suffer from very poor implementations. Admittedly i have low expectations but the chance does exist that the art team can turn this around by producing a fantastic outfit.

Voting for heterochromia even though i know it's the kind of "small detail" accessory that wouldn't make it past the art team :/