5 favorites for bns cosmetic contest?

Shun

The Blade & Soul team will select 11 finalists for each category—costume and weapon illusion—with the players voting for the Grand Prize Winners from August 7 through August 14 via the forums. The Grand Prize Winner and Finalists will be announced the same day after voting as closed on August 14.

can someone explain?

s5Eju0x.png

Edited by Shunya

i honestly made me mad. the fact that they just decided to forget about their own rules they set out for the contest and just do whatever. it honestly sucks because it just makes it harder for other people to have a chance at placing at all

• Like 1

I’m so disappointed to see that they changed the rules last minute. If the devs wanted 5 finalists, they should’ve made that clear in their contest post. 

Quote:

”The Blade & Soul team will select 11 finalists for each category—costume and weapon illusion—with the players voting for the Grand Prize Winners from August 7 through August 14 via the forums. The Grand Prize Winner and Finalists will be announced the same day after voting as closed on August 14.”

why not give everyone a fair fight? only giving 5 entries out of 11 to have a chance to be the grand winner feels so low

"lets give a consolation prize to those other 6 outfits because why not"...

Edited by raisensix
  • Like 3

Hime, then where are the others? Also, give all the finalists a fair fight like the years prior. Y’all are making it really hard for me to support your game anymore. None of this makes any sense. All you’ve done is made a lot of people angry. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hime said:

There will be total of 22 winners-- 2 Grand Prize and 20 Finalist. What you're voting on is the Top 5 from the Top 11.

sucks we couldn't vote from the top 11. out of all the weapon skins and outfits, no offense to the artists but only one weapon really appeals to me, and all of the outfits are too family-friendly for me to even want a single one of them. it's like ncwest is doing whatever they can to manipulate a select few to be winners already. and seriously I saw a lot of good outfit entries on reddit which I would've voted on, but can't because apparently they aren't 8-year-old-friendly enough to be finalists. please remind me why we have to enter our age to access the website for this game? 'cause apparently you guys seem to think the majority of your playerbase are children or something.

Edited by Smo
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hime said:

There will be total of 22 winners-- 2 Grand Prize and 20 Finalist. What you're voting on is the Top 5 from the Top 11.

But isn't last year we were able to vote for the winner out of top 11? The top 6th -11th artists do not even get to know if their entries made it or not.
Isn't the reward is the same for 2th-11th?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Hime said:

What you're voting on is the Top 5 from the Top 11.

pgkXZ4i.jpg

Do I need to link all the previous contests. It's never been done like this.

We've always chosen from at least about 10.

What is even

Why are we only choosing from 5 if there's 11, I-

• Like 3

Whats the issue here? Does no one read the posted rules?

The Winners of the Contest will be determined in a two-stage process. In the first stage, a panel of judges (“Judges”) appointed by the Sponsor will review each of the Designs that are properly submitted, and then rank the Designs based upon the following criteria, allocated equally: (a)originality; (b) creativity; and (c) overall theme and style(collectively, “Judging Criteria”). Using the Judging Criteria, the Judges will select at least five images from each category (each a “Finalist” and collectively, the “Finalists”) to move on to the second stage of the Winner-selection process. In the second stage, the Finalists will be posted on the Contest Website and eligible for voting by the public during the Voting Period,

clearly says 5 will be selected for Player voting...

• NCSOFT

Hi all,

To provide a little more transparency, we made the change to simplify the contest process internally and externally. We reviewed each and every entry received, and along with the dev team selected our Top 11 and subsequently the Top 5 that we wanted you to vote from. There is no doubt we have a lot of talented and creative artists in our community, but since there will only be 1 Grand Prize winner per category, the goal was to provide better focus on selecting the winning design.

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

To provide a little more transparency, we made the change to simplify the contest process internally and externally. We reviewed each and every entry received, and along with the dev team selected our Top 11 and subsequently the Top 5 that we wanted you to vote from. There is no doubt we have a lot of talented and creative artists in our community, but since there will only be 1 Grand Prize winner per category, the goal was to provide better focus on selecting the winning design.

That's a change nobody wanted (except you guys I guess). may as well just say you made the change because of laziness. But even that doesn't make much sense, it's not like it takes much extra effort at all to just provide more options for people to choose from. I mean you guys already supposedly chose 11 "finalists". if anything choosing another 5 "finalists" out of those 11 only does the opposite of what you're saying, it makes stuff less simplified and more complex if anything. Reducing the options people can choose from doesn't simplify anything, it doesn't change any of the process for how the contest works, it just gives people less options to choose from.

I'm assuming that the actual truth is that the other "finalist" costumes were just deemed 'too sexy' for your adult playerbase.

If you have 1 grand prize winner, and 10 runner-up prize winners, then why aren't all runner-ups treated as runner-ups meaning all of them having a fair chance at the grand prize? The way it's being done is more like 1 grand prize winner with 4 runner ups and then 6 honorable mention lol. Being a "runner-up" generally means to be in the running for the grand prize, so why are you calling 6 of them runner-ups when they aren't actually being treated as so?

Edited by Smo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

isnt "better focus" already being done by selecting 11 out of the total of entries for this contest? if the idea was to only have 5 entries to vote, wouldn't it be better to have only 5 winners (1 grand winner and 4 runner ups)?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

There is not point to separate the 11 finalist in 2 parts if at the end only one is the winner.

Edited by Bladessin

I also participated in the contest and I'm a bit confused, but I think it's a pity the designs I've seen on Twitter are not there. One thing I would have liked, even though I've entered to the contest, is not in the top 5. Now I do not even know if I should choose, of course, all the designs are great, but everyone has their own taste. For me, there is nothing of the top 5 apart from one and because you also want to choose somehow you choose that the majority choose or what maybe look good , but you not really want this for your character . Well, just a pity, but still wish all top 5 good luck <3

[Sry for my bad English I tried my best ,hope you understand what I want to say.No hate to the finalists or someone else . >\\\<

I just wanted to say that I'm a bit sad but that's all,  maybe next year they will do it like the years ago. :3]

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Whats the issue here? Does no one read the posted rules?

clearly says 5 will be selected for Player voting...

At "least" 5, not only 5, so could be more as well. And they could've updated the event page as  well to actually reflect on it only being top 5 to vote for, not top 11.
But eh, what's done is done..

• Like 1

If y’all are gonna change the rules that have been in place for the previous contests, why not just choose what costume you want to make and be done with it. You’ve taken away more power from the community, yet again, and it further backs people’s reasons to leave the game. A studio that does not listen to their community will kill the game. As we all know, y’all have done exactly that and that’s why the population has reduced. I hope y’all realize the mistake you made and will decide to correct this in the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

Please undo the change is what we're saying, because it   ...you're very lovely. You're a nice person so I, I'm really not trying to talk down or swat at you like you're a kid.

But this is a bit disappointing to hear is what we're trying to communicate. The way it worked before is what we're used to and feels a lot better, if you don't mind.

Especially considering we've already seen what a few of the others look like and we like them enough that we're confused as to why they're not being shown. Most likely they're in the top 11, but not your personal top 5. and that's the problem. We're not really fully choosing anymore. Choosing from 11 oh that's plenty. Choosing from 5 though? Ehh

All you'd have to do is include the other 5 or 6 images in the post, it's not too late to go back and add them so please reconsider

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

So your dev team gets to have a say on what we get to like? Get out of here!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

So your dev team gets to have a say on what we get to like? Get out of here!

I actually missed that part about the dev team

I'd hate to think that some of the top 5 chosen were selected merely because they would be very easy to implement considering they do look quite a bit like a few things we already have. This wouldn't have anything to do with laziness on the development teams end would it..? Please release the other 6 choices if not!

• Like 1

In the meantime,  @Hime & @Cyan You haven't announced the 5 finalists yet on  Blade & Soul website, even though last year you sent a statement that the vote began, but this year was not even deign to be announced. Are you trying to keep the voting period secret?. I hope; So maybe there may still be a change about the 5 finalist to 11 finalists.