Hae Mujin Event - Opinions/Feedback

milkycharm

hi! i just wanted to post to say that despite previous reservations about this event, i think it was relatively well done but could use some small changes and wanted to put some feedback in a place ncsoft might see. opinions listed here belong to myself, clannies, friends and raid members. 

pros

- outside of perhaps rt the dungeon choices for dc were selected well (glad MSP is only one day).

- large selection of rewards to choose from, fairly priced

- easy to do weeklies, stage 1+2 hae mujin, dailies on potato alts and still make a good amount of currency

- nerf to 4th stage hae mujin was good, i think it reflected the communities gear level decently as the 'high tier' reward. however (continued in cons) **

- can't farm hae mujin stage 4 for event currency just because you're a whale, erases the unfairness that turtle event had there which is good.

- soul/heart rewards are a nice touch to help you with dailies or help meet the dps req for the next tier of hae mujin.

- not including brand new scarlet conservatory weeklies in the weekly rewards, avoids people below the recommended gear level trying to get in/trapping or missing out.

cons

- this is the big one - 5 oil limitation per week. not necessarily because we are losing 15 of the usual potential 55 oils on an 11 character no life roster, but because it forces you to hand in your rewards every single week or lose out. it has caused a lot of stress for those actually doing the event, and made the majority of people i know skip this event entirely. you can easily forget to claim your 5 oils and that's it, your event currency can't be used for what you intended anymore. i suggest if NC intends to keep this system, they either implement a character limit  or just max event limit. no one likes being forced to math out how to make sure they can get their rewards every week, and it just feels like a push from NC to whale for all our oils rather than playing the game. i would personally be much happier with a hard limit per character than a weekly stress timer.

- no white currency from log in rewards when red currency is arguably much easier to get

- same costumes repeated over many events, erases feeling of specialness or newness

- ** people just barely making enrage or just below enrage missing out entirely. people don't like missing out on cosmetic rewards, perhaps just title or something less sought after would be a better reward for stage 4. 

- hae mujin stage 4 drops absolutely nothing and feels underwhelming to complete - could at least implement some kind of counter announcement or something to know it registered ?

- would have been much nicer for souls/hearts to come in a box so you can open at your own time, you can save the daily for that day if you plan to do something later but you can't stack them to help you with something more difficult eg raid. (which i know is not intended to be for that, but it really helped with taking alts/new players to nightfall sanctuary last event when they could just make the event weapon and learn much easier with the safety net of more dps/lifesteal) (plus, it's not like they're going to be particularly helpful for people doing scarlet conservatory, only lower tier content).

feel free to add your own suggestions to this thread! i'll post more if anything else comes up :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you except on the below 2 points:

- Weekly Limitation - In my opinion it is a good thing. THe fact you need to spend it per week is not a problem, and essentially it levels the playfield between those who play one character and those who play multiple in terms of materials. You can still get cosmetics which do not give an advantage.

- No white currency from login rewards - It doesnt need to be there, especially since you can get them from the dynamic quests in the weeklies, which you can reset 3x each, and you get them from the daily special boxes.

On 8/4/2019 at 12:05 AM, milkycharm said:

Weekly limit--They can do the character limit for event menu prizes(wings are char limit), so thats a plus in the new system, and would remove the  clarification/weirdness around the question, will the limit reset each week after the event ends, but the redemption period is still happening.  So going forward I hope to see fewer weekly limit and more char limit things, as you would.

Login rewards- first time in an event that I wasn't psyched about bonus currency in them.  But, as Grimmy said, you can reset Snowransu School for an extra x7 each dynamic (if you really wanted to, x3 for each halls).  At least we're getting the kind of dual currency thats most bottlenecky and we have ways to snag more of what we need to use the Crisis coins from login.

Am 4.8.2019 um 06:05 schrieb milkycharm:

- outside of perhaps rt the dungeon choices for dc were selected well (glad MSP is only one day).

Where is the Problem with RT? Its an easy dungeon doable even with crap alts.

- large selection of rewards to choose from, fairly priced

Do you have another selection then i do? Except for the Outfit Chest its the same you get in every event

- nerf to 4th stage hae mujin was good, i think it reflected the communities gear level decently as the 'high tier' reward. however (continued in cons) **
- ** people just barely making enrage or just below enrage missing out entirely. people don't like missing out on cosmetic rewards, perhaps just title or something less sought after would be a better reward for stage 4. 

Yeah, one of my alts misses the enragetimer by ~15 seconds and i realy would like to have the wings on it, but:

1. Those realy smart devs thought it would be a good idea to hide the damn, weapon tha could help, behind a 10 kill archivment of stage 4

2. to make it even more worse they got the absolut fantastic idea to limit rewards, yay, something we always needed and wanted.

- this is the big one - 5 oil limitation per week. not necessarily because we are losing 15 of the usual potential 55 oils on an 11 character no life roster, but because it forces you to hand in your rewards every single week or lose out. it has caused a lot of stress for those actually doing the event, and made the majority of people i know skip this event entirely. you can easily forget to claim your 5 oils and that's it, your event currency can't be used for what you intended anymore. i suggest if NC intends to keep this system, they either implement a character limit  or just max event limit. no one likes being forced to math out how to make sure they can get their rewards every week, and it just feels like a push from NC to whale for all our oils rather than playing the game. i would personally be much happier with a hard limit per character than a weekly stress timer.

Yeah due to a decreasing playerbase NC-Soft must ensure to get their money, Next will be a nerf of the evolved stone droprate.
Did i mention the Ancient Weapon Level the introduced in Asia, Another piece that will need tons of oils as its not enough you already need over 1100 oils for our current gear. Hey NC-Soft, why not limit oils to 1 per week per account or even better, remove them from events [/zynism]

- same costumes repeated over many events, erases feeling of specialness or newness

Surprise surprice, next event will have the same Hae Mujin Outfit chest

Am 13.8.2019 um 07:55 schrieb Grimoir:

- Weekly Limitation - In my opinion it is a good thing. THe fact you need to spend it per week is not a problem, and essentially it levels the playfield between those who play one character and those who play multiple in terms of materials. You can still get cosmetics which do not give an advantage.

Wouldnt expect any different from you since you celebrate every crap NC-Soft does.
Also why we need a level between Players with one char and players with multiple chars?
How about a level between players with an unlimited creditcard and casual players?
Why do they need to limit my abillity (which everyone have btw) to farm my stuff on multiple chars while casher still can buy everythng they need?

Make sense doesnt it?

Oh and the most desireble cosmetic is hidden behind a 30 kill archivent of stage 4 and there are still way to many people who cant beat stage 4, just to remind you ;)

Am 14.8.2019 um 00:59 schrieb ElectricPotato:

Weekly limit--They can do the character limit for event menu prizes(wings are char limit), so thats a plus in the new system, and would remove the  clarification/weirdness around the question, will the limit reset each week after the event ends, but the redemption period is still happening.  So going forward I hope to see fewer weekly limit and more char limit things, as you would.

These limits already frustrated the majority of the playerbase (to tell it the nice way) The reputation of BnS / NC-Soft is not the best and they are not realy working to improve it.

Keep adding such crap like limits will cause more players to quit amd at the moment it feels like NC-Soft is working very hard and do everything to ruin BnS completly so the can shut down the EU/NA servers

5 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

Wouldnt expect any different from you since you celebrate every crap NC-Soft does.
Also why we need a level between Players with one char and players with multiple chars?
How about a level between players with an unlimited creditcard and casual players?
Why do they need to limit my abillity (which everyone have btw) to farm my stuff on multiple chars while casher still can buy everythng they need?

Make sense doesnt it?

Oh and the most desireble cosmetic is hidden behind a 30 kill archivent of stage 4 and there are still way to many people who cant beat stage 4, just to remind you ;)

I am not the only one liking the limitation so....

One of the problems in this game is everyone expects to be on the same gear level as someone who played since beta or someone who spends money, the sooner they accept the fact that thats not going to happen the better it will be for them.

Its also obvious if someone took a longer break or is a new player shouldnt actually be able to do stage 4, and that is in no way the fault of the publisher or the event itself, purely on players.

Then you have those who simply dont want to upgrade gear and basically live from event to event without actually playing the game and grinding materials. With the current way you can achieve things and get gear, literally not being able to hold 1m DPS is purely the players own fault.

Look at the next upcoming event.

Also in a way regardless how you look at it,  1 char vs multiple chars, multiple chars per event causes a huge imbalance vs someone who is only investing in one main character, who may not have so much time to play (since this is also one of the arguments players use). Hence limitations so everyone can take the exact same benefit of events.

And we should really not even talk about players who throw a ton of money at the game because that will not change, and you should not expect to keep up with any of them.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

I am not the only one liking the limitation so....

You want a limitation, well in that case i demand i total limitation of obtainable oils to 5 per week per account INCLUDING oils from

- Marketplace

- Hongmoonstore

- TROVE

- RNG-Chests

WTF is wrong with you? You are whinig about people grinding events on 2,3,...,11 chars taking advantage of those events.
Funny thing, no one of you complain about not limiting the Oils / PetPouches in general.
After every new stages introduced a friend had max soul, heart, amulett as soon as there is a trove / rng-box event, why not complainig here. 

Limiting items from events is beyond stupid. It might close the gap between players who only play one char and those with multiple chars, while the gap between cashers and casual players will skyrocket.

I can imagin only 2 reasons why they introduced the limitation.

1. because the ancient weapon level is comming up soon, (thats why prices for oils and mats neede to craft oils are raising), and they dont want people raise the level to fast. And those Ancient Weapon Levels will for sure cost a ton of oils

Well cahsers are not affected by this, they wil have max level as soon as the next trove will come in autum

2. they want to force people even more to spend money on their rip-off events. You Remeber the 3-Star Drop from last trove?

unknown.png

But Yeah, keep defending a total useless limitation that will just increase the gap between casuals and casher.

When i cant farm my stuff in a reasonable time (and a few years are not reasonable to catch up with cashers) i have to look for another game and im not the only one consifering cancel my premium and went on to another game. Maybe i should go back to Ark Survival.

Its time NC-Soft start rethinking when they want to stay at the western market.

I just borrow it from @Ren36

Zitat

For those who are interested CEO Kim continues as following:
"These regions are very competitive, so we must do more to keep the player's interest on our games. For Blade & Soul, I believe the wrong steps were taken in the beginning, and our second attempt to reorganize our western branch was not very successful. We will be undergoing another reorganization later this year, and bringing our western branch closer into our Korean operations." Kim stated that this reorganization was intended to close the gap between localization releases and patches, while also facilitating western player's feedback better so they reach the dev teams with minimal delay. NCSoft seemed to signal that if the third attempt to reorganize their western branch wasn't successful, then they would have to consider if continuing to operate in North America and Europe would be wise. Aside from this, very little was discussed of Blade & Soul 2, other than a nod towards more information being shared at G-Star in November.

source: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/246405-what-do-you-think-of-our-publisher-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=2067040

At the moment NC-Soft continue doing the exact opposite and continueing taking the wrong steps...

tick, tick, tick, you hear that? the clock is ticking...

Oh and by the way, SCS-Soft just showed how to keep players interested in an awfull way.

1. They created a new Tuning DLC (Goodyear Tires) for Euro Truck Simulator

2. They advertised it at World Of Trucks telling the DLC will only be released when 300.000 deliveries of Goodyear tires are made in ETS.

3. everyone who deliver at least 10 deliveries got a.) the DLC for free (worth 2.99 EURO) and b.) a few cabin assessoirs

4. Those who didnt finish their 10 deliverys befor the goal was reached had ~2 days bonustime to finish the "quest" and still get the DLC and Assessoirs
It only took a few Days from announcing the DLC until it finaly was released

They  have events of that kind on a regular base, at christmas time you could get christmas paintjobs for your truck for free (worth 1.99EURO) by delivering  christmas presents and so on.

What do we get at christmas?  TROVE... and 2017 we they dont even bother to add a christmas decoration like the did in 2016 and due to the shitstorm again in 2018

I dont even want my stuff for free, but dont cut / limit my oprotunities to farm my stuff in a reasonable time...

Edited by Merlin DE

8 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

You want a limitation, well in that case i demand i total limitation of obtainable oils to 5 per week per account INCLUDING oils from

- Marketplace

- Hongmoonstore

- TROVE

- RNG-Chests

WTF is wrong with you? You are whinig about people grinding events on 2,3,...,11 chars taking advantage of those events.
Funny thing, no one of you complain about not limiting the Oils / PetPouches in general.
After every new stages introduced a friend had max soul, heart, amulett as soon as there is a trove / rng-box event, why not complainig here. 

Limiting items from events is beyond stupid. It might close the gap between players who only play one char and those with multiple chars, while the gap between cashers and casual players will skyrocket.

First off, limiting on market place is a NO, because what you sell on market is what players farm and craft has nothing to do with event freebies

Hongmoon store - Is already limited, you can buy vials which are account bound and only a total of 3

TROVE - I wouldnt mind a limitation on PAcks and Oil, but i wouldnt work, simply because you pay money for a key that allows you to choose anything you goet from that key, limiting this would actually be a crime and false advertising.

RNG Chests - There is nothing to limit since the amount of oils you get is scarce, Vials, sure limit them i dont mind.

Now in terms on people spending money and gearing up through it:

It is what it is, if someone has money to spend, its their choice, let them.  Everyone is so focused on players spending money and getting ahead instead of looking at themselves and progressing at their own pace. Thats why Clans mostly look for players their gear level and only do content together, that way everyone else can progress at their own pace.

which isnt even hard. 100 Evolved stones from 300 MSP boxes  during the weekend is not bad, it takes time, sure but its a decent farm since you get those + materials.

If you dont have that much time to spend farming, too bad, you shouldnt expect to be on the same gear level as others playing for hours long.

If you dont have the money. sucks, but thats why the game lets you buy HM coins for gold, so get HM coins and you can buy some of the trove keys or rng boxes

(This is where i think the limitation should be highly increased, so HM coins can have the same possibility to buy Cash shop Trove keys and rng boxes like ncoins do and in the same bundles)

Game events should be equal to everyone so regardless how many hours you can play or how many characters you can make, everyone has the same playfield and can get the same amount of items. Thats why the limitation is good in events.

Events should only provide a part of what you need to upgrade and not be a reliable source of items or materials.

Let cashers do their own thing and you do yours. IF you cant bring yourself to get enough materials by grinding, there was a perfect guide someone posted how to easily make a large amount of gold within a month with just a few alts and minimum effort, do that and buy what you need if you cant farm it.

For you the limitation might seem stupid, i acknowledge that, but it doesnt mean everyone needs to think the same way, and there are players who dont think the same as you, if you read the forums most of them even stated that they like the limitations and their reasons for it.

21 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

At the moment NC-Soft continue doing the exact opposite and continueing taking the wrong steps...

tick, tick, tick, you hear that? the clock is ticking...

Oh and by the way, SCS-Soft just showed how to keep players interested in an awfull way.

1. They created a new Tuning DLC (Goodyear Tires) for Euro Truck Simulator

2. They advertised it at World Of Trucks telling the DLC will only be released when 300.000 deliveries of Goodyear tires are made in ETS.

3. everyone who deliver at least 10 deliveries got a.) the DLC for free (worth 2.99 EURO) and b.) a few cabin assessoirs

4. Those who didnt finish their 10 deliverys befor the goal was reached had ~2 days bonustime to finish the "quest" and still get the DLC and Assessoirs
It only took a few Days from announcing the DLC until it finaly was released

They  have events of that kind on a regular base, at christmas time you could get christmas paintjobs for your truck for free (worth 1.99EURO) by delivering  christmas presents and so on.

What do we get at christmas?  TROVE... and 2017 we they dont even bother to add a christmas decoration like the did in 2016 and due to the shitstorm again in 2018

The difference here is NCSoft has no power and no say on what content we get, its all the KR devs that decide, its their game. They are developing BnS, all the other games have their own development teams, if its a game owned by NC then very likely its NC's devs that do the work which means more control.

For BnS NC is just a publisher, they have a license to publish the game which is owned by someone else, not to make content, fix bugs.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

If you dont have that much time to spend farming, too bad, you shouldnt expect to be on the same gear level as others playing for hours long.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

Game events should be equal to everyone so regardless how many hours you can play or how many characters you can make, everyone has the same playfield and can get the same amount of items. Thats why the limitation is good in events

You know you contradict yourself?
Everyone can create 3,4,5 and more chars, level them and use them to equip their main. So why i should be limited when i willing to spend the time and efford to do an event on multiple chars? 

Zitat

Its your problem when you cant or just to lazy to invest the time to do an event on multiple chars. This limitation makeing Alts obsolet and people who spend a lot of time grinding through events will spend less time cause you dont get anything worth for your efford.

This will cause less people doing the event dungeons, cause what for, i cant buy oils and the other crap i dont need.

So ill do my daily on my main and maybe on one alt and thats it, spending 2 hours instead of 5 or 6 i usualy did when there was no limit.

You still dont get it, the only reason they limit the amount of Oils / Pet Pouches is to force people to spend more money.

Please go on explain that logic, Who will help that limitation?

Anyway, when crap like this contine i soon wil be done with BnS and start looking for another game.

Hire an Ark server instead of paying a not worth premium getting more and more attractive anyways

1 hour ago, Merlin DE said:

You know you contradict yourself?
Everyone can create 3,4,5 and more chars, level them and use them to equip their main. So why i should be limited when i willing to spend the time and efford to do an event on multiple chars? 

Becasue then you will have those complaining "i dont have that much time tio play so its unfair because i am being left behind and cant get max profit from this event". the making chars isnt the issue, its more the time that is.

You technically stil lcan do it on another alt and get Oils on one character and Pet packs on another. Its just that you cant blindly get 50 oils per character going up to 500 oils from a single event.(cause that would just simply be outright broken, why play the game if you can login every X weeks for an event and get your stuff maxed out)

1 hour ago, Merlin DE said:

Its your problem when you cant or just to lazy to invest the time to do an event on multiple chars. This limitation makeing Alts obsolet and people who spend a lot of time grinding through events will spend less time cause you dont get anything worth for your efford.

This will cause less people doing the event dungeons, cause what for, i cant buy oils and the other crap i dont need.

So ill do my daily on my main and maybe on one alt and thats it, spending 2 hours instead of 5 or 6 i usualy did when there was no limit.

I see your point, but on the other hand its also that you dont have to waste time on alts doing the event all day long, you can do it on one character and then focus on grinding other materials, run dungeons etc.

Limiting event items like this certainly wont increase any money spending, so that argument is not a valid point. If someone didnt spend money when there were no limitations they certainly wont start spending now.

I mean why should they do the event dungeons especially since you can do them once a day per character, the rest of the event currency comes from weeklies, random dailies etc...

you spend more time doing the daily routine than doing the event dungeons itself.

This event was cool and all, but felt recycled. Fighting Hae Mujin in swimming trunks was no different than fighting the Sacred Longgui with evolving purple horns, where every round you go up, they get a huge health boost.

Rewards for this event were definitely better than the Sacred Longgui event months ago, as late-game players can make use out of the resources they could buy, but the 5 oil limit, that's something I disagree with. Considering most high-gear item upgrades cost around 7-15 oil, why make an event that lasts 2-3 weeks long have a 5 oil per week limit? The design is intentionally trying to convince people to buy NCoin to P2W their way to victory, and this game is P2W already. It's not as P2W as it was about a year ago, but it's P2W enough.

We need variety; this is just another Sacred Longgui event bottled up and labeled differently.