disdome

Blade and soul Simple Mode

disdome   

So, I have been playing for a while and i have been wondering is the Ncsoft is ever going to fix the bugs with simple mode. ive been denied raid runs because i use simple mode instead of macros or even normal play but because i have high ping i cant. so im wondering when their going to fix the bugs with it having trouble with dps. take blade dancer for example(since its my main) the simple mode says its a flicker to a lighting flash. but what it actually does is flicker flicker lighting flash and it just lowers dps since lighting flash is your main source of dmg. i want to know when their actaully going to fix it for normal players who have high ping

Viblo   

Blade Dancer’s Thundering Blade specialization gain a lot on using manual mode over Simple Mode, regardless on if the ‘Flicker>Flicker>Lightning Flash’ issue is resolved.

Grimoir   

Despite your ping etc, personally i would never take someone into a raid who uses simple mode o.o

disdome   

it isnt the problem is the fact that its still the fact that it lists as a flicker lighting flash and only does flicker flicker lighting flash and i rest about 170 -180 ping and some times i spike to 300 so simple mode is actually easer for me to dps then just causing my self pain trying to play a time base game so i can focus on position and movement and i framing i think if they fix the simple mode for the bd and some other classes would increase their dps 

Grimoir   
14 minutes ago, disdome said:

it isnt the problem is the fact that its still the fact that it lists as a flicker lighting flash and only does flicker flicker lighting flash and i rest about 170 -180 ping and some times i spike to 300 so simple mode is actually easer for me to dps then just causing my self pain trying to play a time base game so i can focus on position and movement and i framing i think if they fix the simple mode for the bd and some other classes would increase their dps 

simple mode is there to ease repetitive key presses, its not meant to fully replace or even be as good as / better than a normal manual rotation.

And thats why simple mode isnt "broken" it just has a specific rotation built in.

If you dont want certain skills in it try disabling them.

disdome   
11 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

simple mode is there to ease repetitive key presses, its not meant to fully replace or even be as good as / better than a normal manual rotation.

And thats why simple mode isnt "broken" it just has a specific rotation built in.

If you dont want certain skills in it try disabling them.

Well with simple mode on lighting bd is 2 abilitys just the flicker and lighting flash

Ikimino   
3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Despite your ping etc, personally i would never take someone into a raid who uses simple mode o.o

Personally I would be greatfull if you didnt, if you think that way.

Grimoir   
1 hour ago, Ikimino said:

Personally I would be greatfull if you didnt, if you think that way.

You miss the point entirely. Ping is one thing but i simply would not trust a person who uses simple mode with mechanics and other things.  In raids i attent, everyone needs to pull their weight, and simple mode just doesnt cut it regardless how you look at it. now if its a person from the clan, we can basically do a carry run for him, but we certainly would not take him as a member to a new progression raid.

disdome   
1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

You miss the point entirely. Ping is one thing but i simply would not trust a person who uses simple mode with mechanics and other things.  In raids i attent, everyone needs to pull their weight, and simple mode just doesnt cut it regardless how you look at it. now if its a person from the clan, we can basically do a carry run for him, but we certainly would not take him as a member to a new progression raid.

Well you have to understand i play alot of high active button pushing games so im just caring for my hands not destroying my fingers

Ikimino   
1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

I dont know what experience you have but simple mode never stooped me in executing mechanics in  raids or dungeons. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Grimoir said:

m2O1ofp.jpg

That's my dps on ET first boss with simple mode.. Like really.. why do you dislike simple mode so much?

Edited by Draknalor

disdome   

yeah some times for people who dont want to strain them selves simple mode actually might improve their dps cause if i dont use it i can lose about 50-60k dps

cause of my speed

Grimoir   
3 hours ago, Draknalor said:

That's my dps on ET first boss with simple mode.. Like really.. why do you dislike simple mode so much?

I dont really dislike it, but experience resulting is some level of trust issues with people using it xD I mean, if using simple mode, gives you better dps than manual press because of ping etc, i mean use it, go ahead, as long as it benefits you dont let anyone stop you. 

But yeah, stereotypes, experience, thats the main reason i at least am very sceptic towards it, also why most good clans ask for parses without simple mode.

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, Grimoir said:

i dont see what simple mode has to with mechanics.

no one knows if your using it or not , what matters is ping and a good pc ...mechanics has to with brain ... you have people out there who dont know rotation but have gear .

i personally use to main bd .....and my fingers for 1 hated me ....every since simple mode i never went back ... its just a game ...fat dps today doesn't do anything and doesnt  follow you to the future but damaging your fingers will. 

am just grateful for it .... the game today is consumed by power and bash on others.

your dps can be affected by alot of things in 2019 ..can have all the gear in world and bad dps...because of class.

just have fun and enjoy the game ... mechanics etc. 

Edited by Miggy Miggs

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I dont really dislike it, but experience resulting is some level of trust issues with people using it xD I mean, if using simple mode, gives you better dps than manual press because of ping etc, i mean use it, go ahead, as long as it benefits you dont let anyone stop you. 

But yeah, stereotypes, experience, thats the main reason i at least am very sceptic towards it, also why most good clans ask for parses without simple mode.

what are you skeptic about?

Tbh, i dono what kind of dps the "Good clans" do. So i dono if my graft titan dps is lightweight to you guys.

Edited by Draknalor

MCWang   

who doesn't let someone in their party/raid because of simple mode?  that's the same as not letting somebody in because they macro, which is just stupid (if this is the case, WLs would never be able to get in any groups).  I can see a group not allowing someone in because of a lack of DPS (apparently in the case of TC) or inability to do mechs, but nobody actually cares whether someone uses simple mode or macro.  to get back to the topic at hand, if TC is pinging 180 normally but up to 300 during encounters, I would question whether or not optimized graphics settings are being used?  bns ping takes into account everything, including fps, instead of just the relay time, so if you're experiencing that big of a gap in ping, is your fps also dropping drastically?  

you can also try macro-ing and test out different intervals for flicker.  while nothing will beat manually cancelling with full concentration, it's not always easiest depending on the content you're doing.  I ping normally at about 130-140 and it goes up to 180-190 during encounters, and I found 650ms in between flickers to be a decent spot (the macro is literally just LMB), so I just hold F and macro if I'm using it.