Help Me Corrupted File

Giez

Hi! i have the same situation when i tried complete the mission "The Legacy of the Hangmoon" i cant complete it because that error.

The error: Message-> Package files are corrupted. Use Check Files to restore them. (C:\Program files(x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin64\..\contents\Local\ncwest\english\CookedPC\00028826.upk)

I have already do"Check Files" but the same error continues.

Just wanna add that myself and my friend are also having this issue, Got to the point that we cant even log into our characters now due to insta crash error on loading screen. We sent tickets and hopefully it's fixed soon. :x

Edit: I tried the game in French (i cant read French xD) and i was able to log in a do the quest so as @oOkyo mentioned seems to be an issue with the English files. 

Edited by Mandii

For anyone else having this issue this is a reply from Support to fix the issue, Tested it myself and things work again!

Hello,

As a workaround for the issue you are encountering, please follow the steps below.

1. Delete "0028826.upk" file stored in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC
2. Login to the Launcher.
3. Start the game without performing a file scan.

Once done, the issue should be resolved. If you have other questions, please let us know.

Regards,

@mods if this is not allowed, feel free to remove ^^

Im getting the same problem. I havent played BnS in a while and felt i should hop back on i did all the updates and everything even installed the new launcher so i thought it was a problem on my but now i know that this is a current issues hope it gets fixed soon.

• NCSOFT
il y a 15 minutes, Upii a dit :

Im getting the same problem. I havent played BnS in a while and felt i should hop back on i did all the updates and everything even installed the new launcher so i thought it was a problem on my but now i know that this is a current issues hope it gets fixed soon.

Hi Upii,

Have you tried the solution Mandii got from Customer Support ? 

Citation

Hello,

As a workaround for the issue you are encountering, please follow the steps below.

1. Delete "0028826.upk" file stored in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC

Once done, the issue should be resolved. If you have other questions, please let us know.

Regards,

On 8/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, Mandii said:

For anyone else having this issue this is a reply from Support to fix the issue, Tested it myself and things work again!

Hello,

Regards,

I don't have that file, any other suggestion? :/

On 8/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, Mandii said:

Hello,

Regards,

I was having the same problem, this solved it. I didn't find the file at first, because there are a few CookedPC folders scattered around, but simply searching for the name in the whole game folder solved that too :) 
The culprit file was 0 bytes, that should be a clue even if it's a different one for somebody.

8 hours ago, Hyunkel said:

Hi Upii,

Have you tried the solution Mandii got from Customer Support ? 

yea it worked took me sometime to find it but deleting 0028826.upk actually fixed my error THANKS!

Edited by Upii

42 minutes ago, zP3rs0n said:

can't find the file :HajoonConfused:

Go to your installed game Location in search blade and soul section type : 00028826.upk (the person above you wrote it wrong)

0M0BdSm.png

Hope it helps.

But if you still have problems I have added the 00028826.upk File in Dropbox, Download the file and put it in CookedPC Folder -  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vievoss70o1zali/00028826.upk?dl=0 , My Friend was also having this problem, I sent her my file to her and she replaced it, and everything is working since. 

Edited by SayhaSeer

• 8 months later...