When do things get fun?

CryrieIrving

Hi new BnS player here.  Im wondering when do things actually get fun?  Or do they ever?  For example im a big lover of character customization and cool weapons and cool armor.  Turns out theres no armor?  I guess the soul shields replace that right?  And you cant even level up your skills or attack & dex or int points or anything like that?  Im reading around and it says you wont even be able to do any of that stuff til like level 50?  what is the point in that?  its basically a single player game until end game.  and i cant even do some of the low level dungeon quest because no one even joins and im still kind of weak.  and im someone who really loves making new online friends and running dungeons together.  im not really complaining i just would like to know when does it get fun?  because i love the aspect and gameplay of BnS but ive been grinding the main quest until level 25 and its just getting really repetitive and boring now.  i know some people would be like "well then find another game"  well there arent many games like this and id like to give it some more shots.  

Game came to the na/eu region officially on January 2016. You're not gonna find anymore low levels, because they've basically made getting to endgame easy. If you're already bored because of repetition, then endgame won't be any better cause that what it is. No such thing as fun unless you find a "fun" guild and do endgame content with them.

tldr; it's pretty much doing main quest until you finish it, find a guild and do endgame content. Fun is different for everyone.

Well as you already noticed, the begining areas and dungeons are empty cause there are not much new players and for those who play for a while there is nothing they could benefit from. Thats why you dont find any players. You can try to go F8 and start a search using the chat search, not the looking for pary button, with some luck someone will join and "carry" you through the old content dungeons, but honestly (and sadly) you are about 3 years to late.
What you can do now is just rush to the story quest untill you reachLevel 60 from that point you can do the dungeons from starstonemine up to shadowmoore using LFP Button.

With some luck you might even find someone for Naryu Sanctum, Irontec Forge or Ebondrake Liar.

I know that feeling from leveling an alt about 8 month ago and its sad to see all those areas empty and all those dungeons unused it was a lonesome way :/
Anyway, it will take about 30-40 hours from your current Leve to the current end of the story (The story is stil not finished and will continue in later updates).

Enjoy the story and watch the cutscenes the story is realy interesting. sadly thats the only advice i can give for now. 

As soon as you can, start doing the daily quest in Heavns Mandate and Cold Storeage, it will give good gold

You get to lvl60 And then you do same couple of  dungeons (most of the other dungeons no one is doing as they give you close to nothing for completion) and raids over and over again because there is nothing  else to do in this game. And when you have a event in the game in most cases it involves doing, wait for it! YES same dungeons you are doing every single day. One thing I can agree on is that having a clan makes playing this game much better. But you can say that about any other game when you have bunch of people you like to play with and have some fun.

The key issue with old dungeons is in the term. Old - outdated+nerfed, dungeons - unchanging environment with a practical limit to challenge, usually going downhill after some time, due to nerfs making it more braindead than it feels after 20-30 clears in hard mode. If dungeons weren't just corridors with 2-3 bosses that don't really server a purpose but to be defeated, they would burn people out much slower. Sadly, production values of the content tend to show nowadays.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:38 AM, CryrieIrving said:

Hi new BnS player here.  Im wondering when do things actually get fun?  Or do they ever?  For example im a big lover of character customization and cool weapons and cool armor.  Turns out theres no armor?  I guess the soul shields replace that right?  And you cant even level up your skills or attack & dex or int points or anything like that?  Im reading around and it says you wont even be able to do any of that stuff til like level 50?  what is the point in that?  its basically a single player game until end game.  and i cant even do some of the low level dungeon quest because no one even joins and im still kind of weak.  and im someone who really loves making new online friends and running dungeons together.  im not really complaining i just would like to know when does it get fun?  because i love the aspect and gameplay of BnS but ive been grinding the main quest until level 25 and its just getting really repetitive and boring now.  i know some people would be like "well then find another game"  well there arent many games like this and id like to give it some more shots.  

You love character customization? Then this game is perfect for you. You can wear any outfit you like (they have no stats) without worrying for it to be replaced by higher tier. Same applies to weapon skins. Got weapon from boss and you like how it looks? Use it as appearance item for your current one. Third type is pets. You can choose one you like. They basically appearance item too. Weapon skins can be bought for like 20+ gold. Outfits and pets start at ~200. Or you can get them from bosses/events/in game store. There are also books to change skill appearance, but those are hard to get. You either get them from treasure trove events...which needs lots of keys and cash shop currency to get, or you can buy them from market for like 2000 gold.

Dungeons aren't hard at low level. Just learn patterns and use 2x dragon blood before each boss. Still, if you find it too hard to solo, try asking nearby people for help. Especially low levels. Chances are they are new (check their HP. If they are new they'll have similar to yours) and wish to run same dungeon but are scared to enter alone.

Still...most important thing: you don't need to do any dungeons till you reach lv60. Unless you wish outfits or gear from them. Or maybe as new player you're just curious how those dungeons look.

All you need to do until you finish story are those:

Yellow quest

Purple quests for old man Cho. Those increase your windwalk time (it's amount of time you can run fast or fly fast), gives you skills like ability to climb walls

Orange quests. Those are side stories. In the end (last chapter) they ask you to kill raid boss. You need 12 people group for it. And at least 1100 attack power (unless other members are insanely powerful so they could carry you). Still...don't rush to finish those last chapters. Enter only if you're strong enough or have good group. They have orange dragon icon next to quest, so you'll be able easily tell difference between previous chapters and last one. Currently there are 4 side stories leading to 4 different raids.

Dead refuse to die

Know your enemy part 1

Know your enemy part 2.

• 11 months later...
On 8/2/2019 at 7:38 PM, CryrieIrving said:

I'm 100% with you as I'm in the same boat.  I'm actually considering starting a guild that focuses on every dungeon pre level 60 for this very reason; focusing the recruiting efforts on those that are building Alternate Characters (Alts), or need some help carrying people through the lower level dungeons.  I also make a good faith effort and use the systems provided every time and sometimes I get lucky with a helpful citizen willing to go back a few Acts to help me out.  Best of luck!

12 hours ago, SigurdsGramr said:

I'm 100% with you as I'm in the same boat.  I'm actually considering starting a guild that focuses on every dungeon pre level 60 for this very reason; focusing the recruiting efforts on those that are building Alternate Characters (Alts), or need some help carrying people through the lower level dungeons.  I also make a good faith effort and use the systems provided every time and sometimes I get lucky with a helpful citizen willing to go back a few Acts to help me out.  Best of luck!

Never gonna understand why people do this tbh..

You do not need to do the dungeons before end game, You have nothing to gain and there is absolutly no reason whatsoever to do them.. So why bother? Why do you want to spend time on something that gains you nothing?

"Fun" is not the awnser to this question btw.. Because you can just spend the time going to max level then explore all the dungeons you want after you gotten a bit of gear and can easily clear it all.

12 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

Never gonna understand why people do this tbh..

You do not need to do the dungeons before end game, You have nothing to gain and there is absolutly no reason whatsoever to do them.. So why bother? Why do you want to spend time on something that gains you nothing?

"Fun" is not the awnser to this question btw.. Because you can just spend the time going to max level then explore all the dungeons you want after you gotten a bit of gear and can easily clear it all.

Fun is the answer to this. The main quest already gives so much exp that you are overleveled when reaching the dungeon during story. So if you do them at endgame they just become dull. Like all the other endgame dungeon that are beaten by using cheese mechanics or charms.

You do not need to do the dungeon but you can. Some do have some nice mechanics for instance that almost none of the newer players has ever seen.

1 hour ago, Shekinah said:

Fun is the answer to this. The main quest already gives so much exp that you are overleveled when reaching the dungeon during story. So if you do them at endgame they just become dull. Like all the other endgame dungeon that are beaten by using cheese mechanics or charms.

You do not need to do the dungeon but you can. Some do have some nice mechanics for instance that almost none of the newer players has ever seen.

So you are basiclly looking for a "Challange" ? Why not try out the new IA raid then.. or doing something like Warped citadel or Hanger on Hard mode.

Edited by Uldrum

Depends on how you like a challenge and how accessible it is. The lower dungeons can be challenging and fun when doing them during story.

IA and hard modes require quite a lot of gear that you have to work for in advance. Getting into an IA raid is really hard if you are not max geared.

On some days in the past I had worked on soul shield collections achievments just for the purpose of doing something differently than the usual grinding routine. It was fun for me beacuse it was refreshing to do something else that had no value in materials or whatever. Also had some nostalgia fromt he time the game wasn't about running the same dungeon thousands of times.

5 minutes ago, Shekinah said:

Depends on how you like a challenge and how accessible it is. The lower dungeons can be challenging and fun when doing them during story.

IA and hard modes require quite a lot of gear that you have to work for in advance. Getting into an IA raid is really hard if you are not max geared.

On some days in the past I had worked on soul shield collections achievments just for the purpose of doing something differently than the usual grinding routine. It was fun for me beacuse it was refreshing to do something else that had no value in materials or whatever. Also had some nostalgia fromt he time the game wasn't about running the same dungeon thousands of times.

Well, since you can't stop the bonuses from the Unity system.. i'm pretty much a god if i were to create a level 1 character due to all the health and stats you get from it.. and i've been slacking a lot so i'm only at 118 so far.

So nothing will ever be a challange when you have these bonuses active always

pHK4VSG.png

Even before the unity system you could still send gems and stuff to make the killing stuff go slightly faster.

Edited by Uldrum

Yes Unity makes Alts from an old account a God in lower levels. But the thread was about new players originally and unity plays no role in that regard.

The difference is: With gems there was a choice to use them or not. With unity there is no choice. It's applied no matter what.

Btw, I am just 116. Because I only play my main and only do weeklies on one twink that doesn't do much else.

1 minute ago, Shekinah said:

Yes Unity makes Alts from an old account a God in lower levels. But the thread was about new players originally and unity plays no role in that regard.

The difference is: With gems there was a choice to use them or not. With unity there is no choice. It's applied no matter what.

Btw, I am just 116. Because I only play my main and only do weeklies on one twink that doesn't do much else.

The thread was also from august 2019.. and i have no idea why you felt the need to bump it.

3 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

The thread was also from august 2019.. and i have no idea why you felt the need to bump it.

You may want to check the thread again. The post that necroed this thread, and which you replied to, was not from me. I only aswered something you said.

But now it detoriates from the actual topic so I stop here.