HIGH END PC but low FPS

Darcyys

Hello, i got a google cloud VPS with this spec:

Nvidia p100 16GB (this gpu cost around 3.5k usd)

8 cores at 2.3ghz

30GB ram

SSD

And my fps are crap and i dont get why. 
My GPU is NEVER at 100% of usage, always something like 20%, 30%, but never more than 50% of usage.

My fps goes from 60 to 120 SOMETIMES, but in combat less than 40 (with ctrl F), doesnt matter if i turn graphics at low or at maximum, the same.

video proof:

Is this a UE3 problem? a bns problem? nvidia problem? what is going on.

Just for testing purposes i updated the VPS with 12 CPUs

Video proof with 12 cores:

Anyways its not a CPU problem because most time they are at low usage.

Sory my english does not exist.^^

You realy use an NVIDIA Tesla P100?

When yes your ptoblem ist, hat this GPU is not for gaming. The NVIDIA Tesla ist an productivety GPU desight for CAT an desighning Software. The GPU have no codes for rendering an gaming 3D system. The Next point is, that the Unreal 3 Engien uses only 1-4 Cores of an CPU an need an high single core preformance. That means atm high clock and Intel core i on the 1151 soket platform.

Your system is not desight for gaming, sorry.

On 8/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, Darcyys said:

google cloud VPS

Wait, does this mean you are running the game client on a cloud server, like Google Stadia will do, and not on your local machine?  If so, I don't think the game was meant to do that.  The bottle neck probably would be the video stream to your local machine.

On 13/8/2019 at 12:09 PM, Buzzirk said:

Wait, does this mean you are running the game client on a cloud server, like Google Stadia will do, and not on your local machine?  If so, I don't think the game was meant to do that.  The bottle neck probably would be the video stream to your local machine.

yes, a "gaming" cloud pc like stadia. It is running windows 10 server, so i dont think the game have problems with that.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:19 AM, Elyarusch said:

Sory my english does not exist.^^

You realy use an NVIDIA Tesla P100?

When yes your ptoblem ist, hat this GPU is not for gaming. The NVIDIA Tesla ist an productivety GPU desight for CAT an desighning Software. The GPU have no codes for rendering an gaming 3D system. The Next point is, that the Unreal 3 Engien uses only 1-4 Cores of an CPU an need an high single core preformance. That means atm high clock and Intel core i on the 1151 soket platform.

Your system is not desight for gaming, sorry.

Dont worry, my english sucks too :P

Maybe you're correct, the Tesla P100, P4, K80, etc. are not designed for gamming, thats true. But in a game like black desert with full graphics on, it works very well.

And for some reason bns doesn't use all gpu, just around 20% of usage, that doesn't happen with black desert, bd uses around 80% GPU.

Maybe the problem is unreal engine 3 with the 4 cores as you said. But in the videos i recorded i saw all gpus was being used at the same time, not just 4 of them.

Anyways, i don't think something will change until ue4, so thanks for the responses.

7 hours ago, Djabamiad said:

I will check that, thanks <3