[Suggestion] Add another Battleground Chest Key source

Ozonek

Hi there. I'm a player that enjoys playing battlegrounds, but I've ran out of keys to open the chests, so there is no point to play anymore until quests reset.

I understand that many veterans have thousands of those stashed from "old, good times", but fresh players right now are limited to around 20~ keys per week, counting in Solar Energy ones and Clan BG extra ones. That's less than 40000 Battle Points, which is done easily just in Clan fights, not even entering regular battlegrounds! 

And that's only considering 1800 Sparkling Chests, the quest ones are basically a dead slot in storage. 

Please add Battleground Chest Keys to dragon express for a couple gold or something, because battlegrounds are dead enough already and that only magnifies the issue.

Edited by Ozonek
  • Like 1

Or just make the chests more expensive and patch the keys out of the game. One item less ingame and no limitation for pvp players, a request that‘s not heared for months.

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nemises said:

Or just make the chests more expensive and patch the keys out of the game. One item less ingame and no limitation for pvp players, a request that‘s not heared for months.

Every content is meant to interact with each other to make players try out different aspects of the game on a weekly routine.
By implementing the possibility to get said boxes without key, it would make gamers spend less time on pve to obtain keys instead.
Less time in pve means less time in-game, since the gold income in bg is higher than mats + quest reward in dungeons.
It also prevents gamers from getting bored of certain content and dropping the game, due to diversity, regardless of the few that only enjoy this content and quit.
And less time in-game means less money for the publisher.

On another note an additional source for keys will probably make bg livelier, but this change will only cater to higher geared players and cause a bigger gap between gear in the long run. Limiting it, is a way to give less geared a chance to queue. Otherwise they would always meet xy player with max gear.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ren36 said:

Every content is meant to interact with each other to make players try out different aspects of the game on a weekly routine.

Usually open pvp is the interaction between pve and pvp. The thing is, they never implemented SSP 2, which should have been done years ago.

31 minutes ago, Ren36 said:

By implementing the possibility to get said boxes without key, it would make gamers spend less time on pve to obtain keys instead.

This and you could open as many boxes as you can buy with battlepoints/zen beans.

33 minutes ago, Ren36 said:

Less time in pve means less time in-game, since the gold income in bg is higher than mats + quest reward in dungeons.

Good Point, but it also means less people queuing at the same time, in a mode that’s already underpopulated, since  the players are trying to get some keys.

44 minutes ago, Ren36 said:

It also prevents gamers from getting bored of certain content and dropping the game, due to diversity, regardless of the few that only enjoy this content and quit.

Forcing players in certain content shouldn‘t be the right way either. A game should make fun and there is a huge diversity of people out there. So wouldn‘t it be best for a MMO offering a huge diversity in which people can choose their most favorit playstyle?

If the game get’s boring players can switch/try out another playstyle, the way he/she wants it and not how the system decides it for the player. The current system forces in a way to play multiple playstyles. There‘s no way to break the daily routine, as you‘re already into every playstyle everyday. At least that‘s how I feel, there is no real choice, regardless of the fun I have in this game, if you want to reach a higher gear lvl.

1 hour ago, Ren36 said:

Limiting it, is a way to give less geared a chance to queue. Otherwise they would always meet xy player with max gear.

I would say it is fighting the symptoms and not the cause of a rotton system. The matchmaking has been a problem since the beginning.