event weapon, and alts (or not)

Vyd

im just wondering why the previous p2w event gave us basicly free weapon to clear quest stages relatively easy with no gear 

and this event basicly kokblocks you at stage 1, or maybe 2

since soul and heart is useless for alts(in its current tier form), and makes no difference for mains :HongWhat:

would be nice if the weapon cost was reduced to like 1 token each and no achi lock. :HajoonCheer:

but maybe some1 can enlighten me

Simply no this event is already way to easy i mean you need like 400k dps. The difference between last event and this one is that you could farm stage 4 with the turtle but the current event does not drop anything at all so there is no need to farm it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Simply no this event is already way to easy i mean you need like 400k dps

but alts dont have 400k dps  :HongWhat: thats 2nd main or twink

alts are just storygear r3 eventslaves :HajoonWow:

o well

6 hours ago, Vyd said:

o well

I upgraded all my characters quite a bit, i just don't enjoy being weak i guess. 

9 hours ago, Vyd said:

o well

Thats exactly what they are fixing, they are sick of people complaining about storyline gear trash chars spamming lfp just to leech events, so they are walling the main part of it so you now need to bother putting stage 1 acc. on your alts. (also all my alts do over that, doesn't cost anything to give them stage 1 acc. and make them usefull instead of making them heal things)

Weapon is also nice for mains to help them push some extra damage in ET.

Edited by Bobthemonk

On 7/31/2019 at 6:31 AM, ImoutoMaster said:

Simply no this event is already way to easy i mean you need like 400k dps. The difference between last event and this one is that you could farm stage 4 with the turtle but the current event does not drop anything at all so there is no need to farm it.

Different events?
Stage 4 takes 1-1.2 million dps.
The weapon is gated behind stage 4 iirc?
"Early Retirement:  Defeat Admy Hae Mujin 10 times at the Outlaw Arena"
i.e. kill stage 4 event mujin 10 times

Generally events are made so everyone can enjoy them.
I can understand that people who already got to 1 million dps feel like others should do it too however the point that it is a badly designed event is a strong one.
Ungeared players dont feel rewarded because they only get to do half the event at most.
Geared players believe the entire thing to be trivial and faceroll it after the time spent amassing gear to reach that damage output.

Maybe drop a guide somewhere of how people get  the 470k dps required for stage 3 within 1 week somewhere.
Newer players/returning players with 800ap avg would be grateful

1 hour ago, htdexhdfg said:

Ungeared players dont feel rewarded because they only get to do half the event at most.

The past 3-4 events literally gave you everything to upgrade weapon and accessories and soul to a stage where you can easily do 1m dps....if people chose to slack off thats on them, doesnt mean the event is badly designed.

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

The past 3-4 events literally gave you everything to upgrade weapon and accessories and soul to a stage where you can easily do 1m dps....if people chose to slack off thats on them, doesnt mean the event is badly designed.

Events should not be a requirement for in game character progression. And yes it is badly design. 

1 hour ago, Ikimino said:

Events should not be a requirement for in game character progression. And yes it is badly design. 

they arent, but players dont want to progress unless there is a event and they can get freebies for basically doing nothing. Still it doesnt change the fact that those events gave you a lot to basically get very nicely geared which was more than enough for this event.

1 hour ago, Ikimino said:

Then you are definitely playing the wrong game.. It's very much required for all players who want to progress to make optimal use of events.. 

I mean some events in the past if you did it on all your characters (which should be at least 11 at this point) You could get 5 sacred vials per character after the event ended, that would be 55 vials in total.. completly free just from doing event stuff. 

Tho now they have added this "Only 5 per account per week" rule so you can't farm that many vials anymore, but you could in the past. 

Am 3.8.2019 um 11:34 schrieb htdexhdfg:

Maybe drop a guide somewhere of how people get  the 470k dps required for stage 3 within 1 week somewhere.
Newer players/returning players with 800ap avg would be grateful

Step 1: Finish Story

Step 2: Get Weapon with 8 Slots

Step 3: Change this weapon to Raven 3

Step 4: Run BT and get your Ring and Earring (basicly free cause litterly no one need this)

Step 5: Get a guild

Step 6: Run VT and get Badge + Necklace (Free aswell cause most guild dont need this stuff anymore) Now you should have like 250K - 300K atleast.

Step 7: Start upgrading some stuff till yet you didnt use more than 100G in total.

Step 8: Do the daylie everyday

Step 9: Farm Gold for example PVP 1 day = 300 - 700 Gold usually Just an example cause it earns alot.

Step 10: Upgrade Weapon to Aransu

Finished now you should be able to beat Stage 3. Stage 4 still not needed cause it DROPS NOTHING and is just a huge TIME WASTE !

This should be doable in like 1 Week but of course i dont expect everyone to play like 10 Hours a day so i would calculate 2 weeks which is still like nothing in Blade and soul.

Am 3.8.2019 um 21:41 schrieb Grimoir:

they arent, but players dont want to progress unless there is a event and they can get freebies for basically doing nothing.

Let me think about just a few seconds.

- We have just a pimped version of Hae Mujin from Bloodshade Harbor with the exact same attackpattern.

- At least the Wings are gated behind an DPS-Check

- you nead at least 1M DPS and you can braindead dps the Boss down, just evade the AOEs every now and then.

- Even the Wings are loocked to one per char, even they are acountbound tradable. Why the hell? 

- First time Limit to 5 oils per week. Why?

Yeah realy great designed event. Even its realy easy, its just a timesink and overal still loocks a lot of players out due to the DPS-Check

Other Events like tower of memories have been also easy as hell and doesnt had any limit in buying mats.

Lets See

Soul: from 1 to max.: 221 oils

Heart: from 1 to max.: 144 oils

Amulette: from 1 to max.: 370 oils

============================

overall: 1105 oils

1105 Oils x 430 Gold = 475.150 Gold

Not included the oils needed to upgrade/fuse Badges and Assessoirs-Breakthrough from Stage 9 to 10

Also comming up is Ancient Weapon Stages which will give your Weapon and Soul some Boss AP, Crit and Mystical DMG which also need oils and at least in asia can fail

unknown.png

We might not get the RNG Version, but if not, every update will cost a ton of oils

But yeah keep pretending we get everything for doing nothing and keep defending such bad events...

Edited by Merlin DE

21 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

Let me think about just a few seconds.

- We have just a pimped version of Hae Mujin from Bloodshade Harbor with the exact same attackpattern.

- At least the Wings are gated behind an DPS-Check

- you nead at least 1M DPS and you can braindead dps the Boss down, just evade the AOEs every now and then.

Correct. nothing wrong here.

22 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

- Even the Wings are loocked to one per char, even they are acountbound tradable. Why the hell? 

- First time Limit to 5 oils per week. Why?

Because of alt abuse like in past events. Tho the wings i agree, doesnt make sense if they are account bound. But as for oils and pet packs, i like the fact that its limited per account. That way players cant just go all out on the materials but have to take other event rewards aswel. This way you dont need to do the event on any alt just a main character which in return evens out the playfield for those who only focus on one character vs someone with 11 alts.

25 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

Soul: from 1 to max.: 221 oils

Heart: from 1 to max.: 144 oils

Amulette: from 1 to max.: 370 oils

You miss one important point:

For this event you dont need any of those maxed. tou even get per cleared stage a higher version of these to use for the clear per day. So your oil calculation is heavily exagerrated and has nothing to do with the current event.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

Because of alt abuse like in past events. Tho the wings i agree, doesnt make sense if they are account bound. But as for oils and pet packs, i like the fact that its limited per account. That way players cant just go all out on the materials but have to take other event rewards aswel. This way you dont need to do the event on any alt just a main character which in return evens out the playfield for those who only focus on one character vs someone with 11 alts.

Whats wrong with doing an event with 3,4,5 or more chars to farm oils / Pet Pouches? NOTHING, Players who do events invest time, when i decide to invest time doing an event with 11 Chars i want to take what i want without any freaking limit.
Thats not abusing alts to get an advantage, everyone have the chance to do so.

There is exactly one reason, why they limit the Oil / Pet Pouches to 5 per Week per account and you still didnt get it. Let me Help

MONEY, MONEY and even more MONEY

They are scared they will loose income from Cash-Events. Thats the only reaso why they limit importent ressources.

Give me one good reason why they changed assessouir breakthrough stage 9 to 10 from PTS to Vial Oil which made it much more expensive and raised the need of Oils further.

vor 58 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

You miss one important point:

For this event you dont need any of those maxed. tou even get per cleared stage a higher version of these to use for the clear per day. So your oil calculation is heavily exagerrated and has nothing to do with the current event.

Sure you dont need max Soul / Pet / Heart / Amulette but you miss one importend thing. They start limit importent ressources  and as i just showed you need tons of Oils and even more when we get the Ancient Weapon Stages.

Did you read the Article? Someone calculateted the amount of tries you need, based on the published chances.

~ 6.8 BILLION tries to reach max stage.

Since i guess we dont get the RNG-Version, cause western players would go on rampage, these updates will cost tonns of Oils. 

17 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

Whats wrong with doing an event with 3,4,5 or more chars to farm oils / Pet Pouches? NOTHING, Players who do events invest time, when i decide to invest time doing an event with 11 Chars i want to take what i want without any freaking limit.
Thats not abusing alts to get an advantage, everyone have the chance to do so.

There is exactly one reason, why they limit the Oil / Pet Pouches to 5 per Week per account and you still didnt get it. Let me Help

MONEY, MONEY and even more MONEY

They are scared they will loose income from Cash-Events. Thats the only reaso why they limit importent ressources.

Give me one good reason why they changed assessouir breakthrough stage 9 to 10 from PTS to Vial Oil which made it much more expensive and raised the need of Oils further.

No. Everyone is always crying on forums how hard it is for players and new players to catch up, so they limit the amount you can get from the event so that people with 11 characters cant get an advanatage over new players. they are in a way honoring the player's wishes.

As for pristine oil, the oil didnt replace the premium stone, the oil replaced the accessories you needed to buy from the merchant for 500-1k gold. And since its easier to get vials from events and use it to make a pristine oil, that change was actually a huge improvement.

20 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

Sure you dont need max Soul / Pet / Heart / Amulette but you miss one importend thing. They start limit importent ressources  and as i just showed you need tons of Oils and even more when we get the Ancient Weapon Stages.

Did you read the Article? Someone calculateted the amount of tries you need, based on the published chances.

~ 6.8 BILLION tries to reach max stage.

Since i guess we dont get the RNG-Version, cause western players would go on rampage, these updates will cost tonns of Oils. 

You are talking about a system which we do not have yet and which we may not get at all or if we get it it might be completely tweaked. so unless its announced and introduced to our version,  THEN we can go o0n a discussion about it, so far its just what another version has which we dont so no point sweating about it.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Grimoir:

No. Everyone is always crying on forums how hard it is for players and new players to catch up, so they limit the amount you can get from the event so that people with 11 characters cant get an advanatage over new players. they are in a way honoring the player's wishes.

Lets limit the amount of the other mats like moonstone / soulstone / elysian and scared crystals to maybe 10 per day and account to help others to catch up even further. [/zynism]

You are realy serious with that logic? The only thing they honor is the monthly income from Cashevents dude...

That argument (logic) is even more hillarius then every flat earth argument i ever heard LOL

Edited by Merlin DE

22 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

Lets limit the amount of the other mats like moonstone / soulstone / elysian and scared crystals to maybe 10 per day and account to help others to catch up even further. [/zynism]

You are realy serious with that logic? The only thing they honor is the monthly income from Cashevents dude...

That argument (logic) is even more hillarius then every flat earth argument i ever heard LOL

elysian orb, monstones etc...are not event items. The vials / packs you can get for the coins are. Previous event by doing it on all 11 chars you could get 50+ vials.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

elysian orb, monstones etc...are not event items. The vials / packs you can get for the coins are. Previous event by doing it on all 11 chars you could get 50+ vials.

And? Where is the Problem?
You need over 1100 Oils for all Items and people (except those who swipe their credit card or sacrifice their kidney or first born) struggle to catch up while requirements for even the most easy dungeons break through the sky. Just to mention MSP 1,8k full TT just to clear it fast while low AP people struggle to find a group.

I had to make my own party just to get a friend who took a break into msp or "blackmail" partyleader by saying i will only join when they also accept my friend cause no ne accepted him even hes a BW WL

So Limiting ressources, even from events, is for sure the wrong way...

8 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

You need over 1100 Oils for all Items and people (except those who swipe their credit card or sacrifice their kidney or first born)

If people have money to spend, let them, its their business not yours, not to mention because of those players you have a lot of things available on the marketplavce and some even at a fairly low price due to the people that spend money.

9 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

requirements for even the most easy dungeons break through the sky. Just to mention MSP 1,8k full TT just to clear it fast while low AP people struggle to find a group.

I had to make my own party just to get a friend who took a break into msp or "blackmail" partyleader by saying i will only join when they also accept my friend cause no ne accepted him even hes a BW WL

And? If someone wants to make a party with players 1800SP, he has the right to, if someone wants to make a party for avalanche den with Thornbreaker stage 6 weapon, he has all right to.

You should not be looking at "this sux i cant get into that persons party because he wants something i dont have", you should make your own parties and clear the runs.

Party / Raid leader is the one who has any say in who he lets into his parties. If you dont meet the requirements, make your own and accept players that match your criteria, its really simple.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

If people have money to spend, let them, its their business not yours, not to mention because of those players you have a lot of things available on the marketplavce and some even at a fairly low price due to the people that spend money.

Dude you dont get it dont you? Is it realy that hart to understand? I Dont mind when people ruin themself or even sell their kiddney to the russian mafia to buy their gear, at least as long as i can farm mine in a resonable amount of time.

1100 oils / 5 per week = 220 weeks or 4 years while more and more stages are added which need more and more oils so basically you dont have any chance to catch up or get max gear, but trying to explain it to you seems as useless as try to explain a flatearther why the earth is a globe and not a flat plane ....

Simply deny every evidence / arguments agains NC-Soft.

Just a reminder:

Zitat

Our Philosophy

We believe in letting everyone play the game as it’s intended to be played – skill-based progression throughout all the available content. No paywalls will hold you back, and no amount of money will give you an unfair competitive advantage over other players. We don’t like pay-to-win, so what we are offering are cosmetics, convenience, and consumables – not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases. We’re also going to make sure that we have a regular schedule of content updates that everyone will be able to enjoy.

June 23, 2015 https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/business-model-revealed/

Not that they broke their own Philosophy, now they even Limit ressources for those who play for free, premium members and those who ocassionaly spend some money, making it impossible to catch up.
But yeah, everything is ok...

8 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

1100 oils / 5 per week = 220 weeks or 4 years while more and more stages are added which need more and more oils so basically you dont have any chance to catch up or get max gear, but trying to explain it to you seems as useless as try to explain a flatearther why the earth is a globe and not a flat plane ....

And again you are just looking at one spot. you are not supposed to get all 1100 oils from events, events should be a little help, be a variety ooff from the daily routine, but you are still meant to farm and make the materials for upgrades.

All you do is focus on one point and not the overall, you focus on the max soul, max heart, while you do not even need it maxed, having them all maxed is for the rich, there is literally no content in the game that requires you to have a maxed soul or maxed heart. The game is meant to be played and farmed to progress. If you only base your progress on when events happens then sorry but you will never get far in the game.

12 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

June 23, 2015 https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/business-model-revealed/

Not that they broke their own Philosophy, now they even Limit ressources for those who play for free, premium members and those who ocassionaly spend some money, making it impossible to catch up.
But yeah, everything is ok...

I personally dont think they quite "broke" that philosophy. Maybe went a bit off from it but there is no item you can buy with money that you cant get with investing hours into the game except maybe cosmetics.

Pet packs, Oils, various currencies can all be gotten in-game. True it will require time, but its not money exclusive. Now its true by spending money you can progress faster.

But according your view, someone who played the game since launch, hoarded a lot of items, made amazing amounts of gold during the moonwater update, who can spend that gold now to literally max everything he can is a whale / p2win, even tho he did not spend a single $ on the game asside premium membership (and yes i know quite a few of players like that and i also made tons of gold in the old days), so its a problem because a new player wont be able to catch up to him?

It occurred to me that this game is quite different from many of the other MMO games I've played due to its events.

In most of the games I play, participation in events is not based on, for example, the age of the player account or the strength of the characters.

In general, in-game events are meant to bring a whole gamer community together have fun, regardless of the value of the accounts. Sometimes events are also seen as expanding the game lore and enabling new or old achievements. 

Some of the mobile games I've played offer these types of events such as this ongoing event, but those games are usually heavily P2W. That is why I don't see why that type of event model should be imported into this particular game.

It is also very clear, this current type of event model is likely to tear the gaming community apart and increasingly divide the gaming community into elitists and ordinary players. I firmly believe that most players do not want this phenomenon in the player community. However,  I understand there are exceptions, as certain types of players enjoy a hierarchical gaming community. Still, I hope that support for this type of development would cease and be understood to be detrimental to the very existence of the game.

Edited by MwiWIx

1 hour ago, MwiWIx said:

It is also very clear, this current type of event model is likely to tear the gaming community apart and increasingly divide the gaming community into elitists and ordinary players.

Its not really the event tearing the community, its the community itself, because you dont even ened to be an "elitist" or an old character to actually do all 4 stages of the event.

An orderinary player can easily do it too, provided he does have some upgrades in his gear.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

I personally dont think they quite "broke" that philosophy. Maybe went a bit off from it but there is no item you can buy with money that you cant get with investing hours into the game except maybe cosmetics.

"Maybe went a bit off from it" Thats the best joke i ever heard pmsl

Zitat

We don’t like pay-to-win, so what we are offering are cosmetics, convenience, and consumables – not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases

Weapon Materials, Badges, Assessoirs and Gems from RNG-Boxes / Trove  are for sure consumables or cosmetics, not Gear not Power, not permanent stat increase, Yeah sure they just went i tiny bit off. Let alone fusing Gems to gilded is so expensive most players never will get them and next comming up are gems for the Pet...

Unity Stones, at least the shimmering on the left side are pure pay to win, you cant upgrade them and you cant drop orange ones, with quite some luck you might get a violet one from daily / weekly

And again you are just looking at one spot. you are not supposed to get all 1100 oils from events, events should be a little help, be a variety ooff from the daily routine, but you are still meant to farm and make the materials for upgrades.

And even here s a limit since you need leeser deamon spirit stones fron CS which you can only do once a day or you need to buy resets

All you do is focus on one point and not the overall, you focus on the max soul, max heart, while you do not even need it maxed, having them all maxed is for the rich,

Yeah for those with an unlimited credit card

The game is meant to be played and farmed to progress. If you only base your progress on when events happens then sorry but you will never get far in the game.

aa2cpkix.png

I would say thats quite good gear for a free to play player

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Its not really the event tearing the community, its the community itself, because you dont even ened to be an "elitist" or an old character to actually do all 4 stages of the event.

An orderinary player can easily do it too, provided he does have some upgrades in his gear.

My alts are all full VT Aransu 3-6 and none of them are able to do stage 4.

The average Player is BT Ring /Earring , VT Neck / Badge and aransu 6-9 and even most classes with aransu 9 will have problems to do stage 4.

With the event weapon it might be possible to do stage 4 for at least one of my alts, but

THE FREAKING EVENT-WEAPON IS GATED BEHIND A FREAKING 10Kill ARCHIVMENT OF STAGE 4

What exclude even more People who might could do stage 4 when they could get the weapon.

And dont tell me "You dont need stage 4 its only a cosmetic" cause thats what is most importent to most players.

Conclusion:
Crap Event for most of the players cause again a nice cosmetic is hidden behind a DPS-Wall and it seems NC-Soft didnt learn at al from mistakes made in the past

Edited by Merlin DE

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Merlin DE:

Conclusion:
Crap Event for most of the players cause again a nice cosmetic is hidden behind a DPS-Wall and it seems NC-Soft didnt learn at al from mistakes made in the past

Even for thoose who can do stage 4 without a problem its crappy cause its litterly one item you cannot get anything else usefull from stage 4. You got the Wings = you are no longer interested in Stage 4.

When i read about this Event i was hoping i could farm thoose 5 oils and 10 Pet packs by farming stage 4. I was hoping stage 4 drops 1 or 2 coins so i could just spam him to get my weekly ouls/pet packs but again 2 Dungeons + Stage 1-3 while stage 3 needs around 420K dps which i would have to upgrade my trash alts for.

This wouldnt be a problem if you could choose the daylies yourself but why is MSP 1-3 in there ? why is Ebondrake Lair in there ?

Thats why again i dont take part on this event other than taking one oil per week with my main. Even tho i am one of thoose who cant understand why so much people are raging about stage 4 cause it litterly gives nothing and needs only 1 Million DPS which is totally ok cause Stage 4 is not meant to be for Alts or new players.