Forums

too afraid to run dungeons or ask for help

kitty2929

hello! i just completed the main story and i'm trying to get better gear. i need to get the other pieces for my soul shield, then get my first mystic badge. the problem is i can't solo the dungeons for the quests. i want to ask for help or just apply to a party, but i can never get myself to do it. i'm afraid that i'll let my party members down, mess something up, or i just won't be good enough. no one i know plays b&s, i'm not in a clan and i don't talk to my faction, and i'm too afraid to talk to the one friend i have, who i don't see online often anyway. i don't know what a lot of the abbreviations or anything are either, so i'm afraid i won't understand something and then mess up.
what are some tips for not being so afraid? any help is appreciated. thank you!

I've been in your position before. Biggest thing is to prepare yourself as much as you can by researching mechanics and looking at videos of a dungeon before going in. Then, realizing it's not as bad as you think it is to mess up, and it helps a lot to let your party know it's your 1st time and/or that you're new. People tend to be more lenient of newbies if they're made aware you're new and not just a trap. We've all been there, so don't be afraid to speak up, people get more irritated when nothing is said and they're punished for it.

If you want, you can send your in-game name and I'd be fine helping you learn dungeons from time to time.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb kitty2929:

what are some tips for not being so afraid? any help is appreciated. thank you!

1. dont be afraid asking for help for example in fraction chat. Just ignore those who make jokes or talking stupid. There are still some kind and helpfull players out there

2. as Cor already said, up to "The Shadowmoore" you usualy dont need mech in normalmode anymore.

Just press LFP in F8. Most time you will be lucky and find a decent group

3. To learn mechanics for the higher dungeons, Raids and Weeklys Challange-Raids check out:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdZ_vbPUXSCg1p2nHeFad3Q

Eckogen does realy good guides on BnS.

8 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

1. dont be afraid asking for help for example in fraction chat. Just ignore those who make jokes or talking stupid. There are still some kind and helpfull players out there

2. as Cor already said, up to "The Shadowmoore" you usualy dont need mech in normalmode anymore.

Just press LFP in F8. Most time you will be lucky and find a decent group

3. To learn mechanics for the higher dungeons, Raids and Weeklys Challange-Raids check out:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdZ_vbPUXSCg1p2nHeFad3Q

Eckogen does realy good guides on BnS.

I wouldn't suggest not bothering learning mechs for any dungeon. Albeit, lower dungeons, some things are just like QoL things to know, but I still see people getting bashed for killing guards in Naryu Sanctum on boss 1. And I've had a few groups that dismantled in TSM because someone would constantly drive boss 1 into a crystal after being told what to do and what not to do. People still wipe on RT, and it is very annoying on boss 1 in ST when one clueless person is too far from the group for the sandtrap and dies while getting everyone frozen. I've even had a wipe in DD when I was unfortunate enough to get a full group of newbies/bots/leeches and was on an alt too undergeared to pretty much solo and couldn't solo CC the boss for mech damage. He healed and we hit enrage.

And before anyone replies with their useless "You should be bursting before mechs" comment, obviously that doesn't always happen. Sometimes on alts, you get full groups low dps alts/newbies/bots/leeches who can't do that.

And before anyone replies with their borderline useless "Find a clan or I run with friends so I don't have that problem" comment, yeah it's nice to have a clan or friends to run with. But it's stupid to assume that doing this should apply to everyone. Some have too many alts to get a familiar group to run with on every toon everyday, some are newbies and still meeting people, and some just are more reserved and play on their own a lot.

2 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

I wouldn't suggest not bothering learning mechs for any dungeon. Albeit, lower dungeons, some things are just like QoL things to know, but I still see people getting bashed for killing guards in Naryu Sanctum on boss 1. And I've had a few groups that dismantled in TSM because someone would constantly drive boss 1 into a crystal after being told what to do and what not to do. People still wipe on RT, and it is very annoying on boss 1 in ST when one clueless person is too far from the group for the sandtrap and dies while getting everyone frozen. I've even had a wipe in DD when I was unfortunate enough to get a full group of newbies/bots/leeches and was on an alt too undergeared to pretty much solo and couldn't solo CC the boss for mech damage. He healed and we hit enrage.

And before anyone replies with their useless "You should be bursting before mechs" comment, obviously that doesn't always happen. Sometimes on alts, you get full groups low dps alts/newbies/bots/leeches who can't do that.

And before anyone replies with their borderline useless "Find a clan or I run with friends so I don't have that problem" comment, yeah it's nice to have a clan or friends to run with. But it's stupid to assume that doing this should apply to everyone. Some have too many alts to get a familiar group to run with on every toon everyday, some are newbies and still meeting people, and some just are more reserved and play on their own a lot.

It depends on class, as a Gunner I am pretty much expected to always be mark whenever its needed. I am so sick of being mark in BC I don't even run it anymore.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb KlausFlouride:

It depends on class, as a Gunner I am pretty much expected to always be mark whenever its needed. I am so sick of being mark in BC I don't even run it anymore.

thats the curse of choosing the most easy and mobile class, brain-afk start with v 4 tab rmb, holding rmb and press 3 when it is active. When you are lucky yo have a gunner in your group, who is even able to CC when nessesary.

As FM i dont know how many times i did Far-Mark in Naryu Sanctum where most dont even remember there was a Mech at Xanos beside of stunning him.
I also dont remember how many times i had to do Far Drag in Hollows Heart cause most Gunnersm dont want to do it, Even its much more easy for them then for me.

And guess what, i realy miss the times where you need to do mech in those dungeons. I loved the Mech in Desolate Tomb or Naryu Foundry / Sanctum before it was nerfed.

Sadly NC-Soft decided to make things more and more Easy :/

Anyway @kitty2929, learning the basics of the higher dungeons would always be appreciated, at least for Ransack Treasury, Broadchamber and higher Dungeons,

Learning the Mech for the Solo Dungeons and for Raids, at least for TT / ET is a must, when you want to do it.

If you have any specific problems/questins, or want to try some of the higher dungeons and no one would take you there, feel free to send me a privat message :)