Are you deliberately trolling with these events?

FinalLight

4 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

One last Word @Grimoir

I think its quite rude and outrageous to asume people are either not able to play their class or just to lazy to farm their gear just because they cant contribute at the current event. In my Opinion they have every right to be frustrated and to complain, and there are way to less bold enough to open their mouth.

Actually no, its not rude, its just calling it what it is. Granted its not everyone but a majority. you would be suprised how many players i see daily that have for example hongmoon points in skills that are useless or that complain that Mao is too hard, Hong is too hard....and that is not true, they can contribute to the current event, as you only need stage 3 for the materials.

Frankly compared to what gear progression used to be, players are being far more spoiled now. Every event is practically freebie rewards as you dont need to do anything hard or complicated, the past few events alone were enough to get at least 1 character geared enough to sustain 1m dps for stage 4.

4 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

1. its a community problem, players requesting redicolous AP for even the most simple dungeons. A friend of mine is a 1450AP Blackwing WL desperatly trying to find a MSP multi group on weekends, but no one accept him or joins his party for Stage 1-6. I took him with me, telling people who recruiting, i will join, but only when they also accept my friend. Or recruited by myself. 
Also a lot of people have problems finding groups for BC to farm the gloves.

These are just 2 examples

2. its an NC-Soft problem. Again as Example the Gloves and Mao-Neck.

a) Droprates of the Gloves are realy beyond not existend, i bought mine with the 100 run archivment. Till today i have 200+ Runs BC and NEVER saw the Gloves dropping

b) you need 2 Gloves from DEN for Breakthrough. Again droprates are beyond FUBAR. I saw people with over 150 Mao-Kills and not a single Glove drop.
Hello? Thats a freaking Breakthrough assesouir. Even Breakthrough Assessouirs for TT ring / Earring are dropping in nearly every run.
Just add the chance to drop a Alpha Coin instead of salvage the Glove and increase the droprate of the glove.

c) Farming MAO-Neck. At the beginning of June (a few weeks befor trove) NC-Soft decided that the Droprate for Alphacoin fragmets is way to high and reduced the droprate by aprox 50%. let alone i didnt get a fragment every 2nd or 3rd run from Boss 1 or 2 but every 6th - 7th run.
In addition comes that DEN is a pain in the ass for Range classes, at least for FM. Do i Iframe or not? If i dont iframe im dead, if i iframe im also dead cause my iframe positioning me 8m behind the Boss, im to far away and the boss Charge at me and killed me in an aircombo. I dont know how many times my own iframe killed me when i start farming DEN.
These are things that quickly start frustrating players Dont get me wrong, I dont say its not doable, but its frustrating like hell, when you get killed by your own iframes.

Farming is one thing. Same was when master hong was released until someone made a video and basically proved that all you needed to clear him was 80k DPS (or around that number). As for dungeons, the biggest issue there is that they all complain they cant "find" a group, no one wants to make their own, thats why they are being left behind (i am ignoring MSP because what ppl ask for it is basically dumb and stupid but i do understand its for faster farming)

Drop rates on some items could be better, i agree.

8 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

c) Farming MAO-Neck. At the beginning of June (a few weeks befor trove) NC-Soft decided that the Droprate for Alphacoin fragmets is way to high and reduced the droprate by aprox 50%. let alone i didnt get a fragment every 2nd or 3rd run from Boss 1 or 2 but every 6th - 7th run.
In addition comes that DEN is a pain in the ass for Range classes, at least for FM. Do i Iframe or not? If i dont iframe im dead, if i iframe im also dead cause my iframe positioning me 8m behind the Boss, im to far away and the boss Charge at me and killed me in an aircombo. I dont know how many times my own iframe killed me when i start farming DEN.
These are things that quickly start frustrating players Dont get me wrong, I dont say its not doable, but its frustrating like hell, when you get killed by your own iframes.

The first time i beat her took me about 4-5 minutes, i had barely enough dps , and almost 3 hours of learning her rotation, i died over and over and over.

Only farming the first two would have never crossed my mind, that would have been a waste of time.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Arohk:

The first time i beat her took me about 4-5 minutes, i had barely enough dps , and almost 3 hours of learning her rotation, i died over and over and over.

Only farming the first two would have never crossed my mind, that would have been a waste of time.

Did i ever, with just a single word, mentioned that i only did Boss 1 and 2? Not that i know about.
I was talking about the droprates of the fragments from Boss 1 and 2, which have neen reduced by about 50%, nothing more, nothing less. And this means you need way more runs or spend lot of money for trove ;) 

Thats how NC-Soft works. Just reduce ressources and add them to trove / RNG Boxes / Daily offer
Anyway Solo Dungeons are just quite unfair in my opinion and dont belong in a multiplayer game. Some classes have greate advantages like Destro and warden, whil other classes have lot of dissadvantages like some range classes. As i said, at the beginning i got killed many times by my own iframes which should have protected me but instead triggered the range check. Dont iframe -> Dead, Iframe -> also dead. Quite frustrating during the learning of DEN or even the other Solo Dungeons.

Also i never Claimed its not doable but NC should finaly take into account that there are not only Meele classes but also Range Classes and that most range Classes get out of range when using their Iframes.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Actually no, its not rude, its just calling it what it is. Granted its not everyone but a majority. you would be suprised how many players i see daily that have for example hongmoon points in skills that are useless or that complain that Mao is too hard, Hong is too hard....and that is not true, they can contribute to the current event, as you only need stage 3 for the materials.

Frankly compared to what gear progression used to be, players are being far more spoiled now. Every event is practically freebie rewards as you dont need to do anything hard or complicated, the past few events alone were enough to get at least 1 character geared enough to sustain 1m dps for stage 4.

Its not only rude, i think its quite offending to the majority of the playerbase. I know there are a few players who dont know what they do or who are to lazy to farm, but thats the minority. Thats the same as i would claim all BMs, KFMs, Wardens cant tank just because i had a HM24 GC6 warden who couldnt hold aggro while a HM16 Warden with Aransu 6 took 25 point in aggro after the first boss and tanked the rest of the dungeon.

Anyway these things are Off-Topic.

I can do the Event, I got my Wings and i will also get the title within the next days (if im not to lazy to continue doing the event, cause there are no real benefits from doing it)

Its the most booring Event i ever did and i had to watsh some interesting science documatation to not fall asleep while farming my wings.

Nevertheless these kind of events are just plain stupid crap in my opinnion.

1. they are not realy challenging. Just Brain-AFK dps a Boss down i can do in any existing dungeon, at least after every damn dungeon got nerfed to the ground, some even in HM

2. These events are just a Plain DPS-Check and just made to tempt people to cash in trove, rng-boxes, daily offer. Admittedly, from a econemy side of view quite smart.

3. You dont get anything worthwhile from it, the only worthwhile things are hidden behind an DPS Check. Even its lowered for western Player.

4. Everyone, at least at Level 60, should be able to contribute in an event, regardless of their gear. Events should be fun and a variety from daily booring routine.

I already made some suggestions how NC-Soft could add some interesting Events.

But thats just my opinnion ;)

Event is doable with aransu 9, bt tier accessories, vt badge, event soul/heart, and 3/5 tt/vt ss, and full triangle gems as a madness warden, since there's no downtime trying to cc/counter the boss with ward. It still needs full buffs though, dumpling, charms, etc. My clear rate is about 60-70%. The thing that really sucks is he becomes immune to all damage once he enrages. They should let us at least kill him during enrage. Hopefully, the weapon will help, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I wouldn't try it on any of my other classes though. Frost WL can just play keep away because of their move speed, but their dps is garbage in comparison.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:14 AM, MassiveEgo said:

@Draknalor They obviously want the wings. Albeit I don't understand what's so nice about wings that behave like cheap theater props, I do understand the frustration that comes with having an event thingie in a GAME, locked behind a dps check.

Like a cheap theater props? Nah...those wings just like skybloom wings (pink ones) act like real wings, not just a decoration. And yeah...all other wings are just decoration. Only those and skybloom are worth investing your time.

many say that keeping the dps with aransu 9 and 1600 of ap is very easy. but it is not if the ping is not good .. because I know my character I have a ping of 280/290 ms and I can not get to hold 1m / dps and not because I do not know how to play my class ..

On 26/7/2019 at 2:14 AM, Bassam711 said:

your mistaken  warden pvp dmg for pve dmg  holding 1m/sec dmg is not that simple with my gear cant go beyond 920-960k /sec steady dmg and btw my rotation is perfect my ping is low its just not possible

PVP. That's the problem.

On 26/7/2019 at 1:11 AM, Astarae said:

Can't do it on my gunner or FM.  Both are over 1900AP depending on HM point allocation.  Sure gunner might start over 1M, but hold?  Lately its been holding around 700-800K on simple mode -- similar with FM but w/o the burst.    No, can't get mao gloves, can't get ET (never been in a TT run where I was fighting).  Gunner got close down to <20%.

So what is the stupid weapon for?  Does anyone at NCsoft listen?  It wouldn't help me anyway.

1900 AP and you can't? I deal 1.4-1.9kk depending on how perfect I play it, Are you sure you are 1900 AP ? And what gear you're having? Can you link your F2 ?

https://bnstree.com/character/na/Astará (with either all points in offense or with potions/edibles).  Seriously greater than 1900 with both.

https://bnstree.com/character/na/Astara FM 

(with both, since with points-only, she's only @1899 AP)

I have complained to support about low damage on gunner lately -- seems maybe since last update (when this event started) are down hits, but was told "many factors affect damage"...etc etc etc.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:14 PM, wefhqweig said:

I'm not defending the event, I'm against a dps requirement for something like this. But that aside, 1900 AP, gunners and FMs are definitely capable of doing this fight with relative ease. Yes, gunner is a bursty class with obviously lower sustained, but the fight isn't be so long and mech-heavy that your sustained should be falling that low with the kind of gear you should have at 1900 AP and honestly they should probably be doing 900k+ sustained anyway.

I'm assuming you have high ms, need to work on your rotations,

ms=127-133 rt now, have seen as low as 99 in wee-morning, and recently 160-180 under loads.

refresh was 70FPS in windowed 1600x900 and 100FPS in full window 2550x1600 mode (weird).  Idle (indoors, by self, 120FPS norm).

As I mentioned above, I was using the "Simple Mode" in both cases as a baseline, since it will send the same keys with the same timing each time I do it.

I really use an assisted simple mode, meaning I'll manually crank out a 4VTAB on my GS at the start of a battle or if I see the corresponding skill timers @0 (have my SM (SimpleMode) on CAPSLOCK, so its easier to reach typing normally).   On FM, if especially when I'm buffed, I'll try to make sure to hit 'Z', before adding '2' to SM(Simple).  My non-simple mode damage is notably lower, and at least for gunner, I'm told, should be optimal.  Ideally, if given a chance, I'll time my GS rotation to start when soul is @ 0 (not on CD).  As for FM,  not sure of DD vs. Inf. order, as I usually use Simple mode.

I find that my GS sometimes doesn't use BS when it should be -- so I'll hit 'f' during those times to start it.  Usually get around 5-6 rounds unless I miss the start or don't have my counters sync'ed for some reason.  But again...usually using SM

1 hour ago, Astarae said:

https://bnstree.com/character/na/Astará (with either all points in offense or with potions/edibles).  Seriously greater than 1900 with both.

I have complained to support about low damage on gunner lately -- seems maybe since last update (when this event started) are down hits, but was told "many factors affect damage"...etc etc etc.

One tip I can give you already is to add all points to HM Focus, especially as a gunner. If you prefer Offense because you like to see higher AP, then that is your choice. But, if your goal is to have better damage, then you go with 25 points in HM Focus. The bonus for reaching the thresholds in Offense doesn't at all compare to the amount of burst you gain from HM Focus. Some just think it's 50 Boss AP for 10 seconds and they'd rather go with the static Offense + bonus, but the extra AP toward your opening burst in just about every situation will provide the greater benefit.
That aside, the rest would come down to improving gameplay. Both your gunner and FM are capable of clearing even with ping on the lower end. Can you send a parse next time you attempt so I can look at your counts and see if I can help from there?

1 hour ago, Astarae said:

ms=127-133 rt now, have seen as low as 99 in wee-morning, and recently 160-180 under loads.

refresh was 70FPS in windowed 1600x900 and 100FPS in full window 2550x1600 mode (weird).  Idle (indoors, by self, 120FPS norm).

As I mentioned above, I was using the "Simple Mode" in both cases as a baseline, since it will send the same keys with the same timing each time I do it.

I really use an assisted simple mode, meaning I'll manually crank out a 4VTAB on my GS at the start of a battle or if I see the corresponding skill timers @0 (have my SM (SimpleMode) on CAPSLOCK, so its easier to reach typing normally).   On FM, if especially when I'm buffed, I'll try to make sure to hit 'Z', before adding '2' to SM(Simple).  My non-simple mode damage is notably lower, and at least for gunner, I'm told, should be optimal.  Ideally, if given a chance, I'll time my GS rotation to start when soul is @ 0 (not on CD).  As for FM,  not sure of DD vs. Inf. order, as I usually use Simple mode.

I find that my GS sometimes doesn't use BS when it should be -- so I'll hit 'f' during those times to start it.  Usually get around 5-6 rounds unless I miss the start or don't have my counters sync'ed for some reason.  But again...usually using SM

Just got to reading this, my bad.
No one playing any class should full rely on Simple Mode, that's not its purpose. It simply does the tedious, repetitive rotations for people, but everyone still has to use other important skills alongside Simple Mode. So you're correct on Gunner, 4 > V > Tab > Simple Mode. With your ms you should be able to sometimes cast 7 Bullet Storms, which would show 35 hits in the parse, each one hits 5x. 
As Fire FM, Simple Mode doesn't prioritize using Dual Dragon before Inferno, so Inferno does not get the extra 15 second reduction needed to completely reset the cd.
My Simple Mode is binded to RMB for me, so for me the correct way to start off would be something like LMB>RMB>2>LMB>2>1>4>X>Hold down RMB(Simple mode).
The second LMB+2 gets me 5 Ember Stacks, so I can use Shock Fire for the Inferno insta-cast, then Simple Mode starts off with Dual Dragon(lowering Inferno's CD by 15 seconds), the additional Inferno cast and Blazing Wall(which also lowers Inferno CD by 15 seconds as well as resetting Dual Dragon), then it'll use Dual Dragon again, which lowers Inferno CD again allowing me to immediately cast it 2 more times. This maximizes your burst and it's how you're supposed to start every time you get a weapon reset. You want to get 1>4>X off before using Dual Dragon all the time. It can feel awkward and clunky, but get comfortable with it and you'll notice an improvement. The purpose of me using 4 in between is because often if you just try to use 1>X, the Inferno won't be instant, you have to give it a slight delay for the Shock Fire buff to actually work, but I prefer using 4 in between instead.

For gunner, your opener is the same as mine, except I start with a stun for Hae Mujin, so 2>4>V>Tab, then I just hold down simple mode, during my 2nd Bullet Storm, I start spamming X and immediately after, continue holding down Simple Mode. If I'm fast enough, I can still get the 7th Bullet Storm before Tombstone is off, then immediately use my C, and continue on with Simple Mode. For gunner, you should almost never release the simple mode button. I try to line up my CDs, I don't like to use C if I don't have my badge up, so if the V is almost off CD, or I have a reset coming, I'll sometimes wait for Carpet Bomb before using Firefall.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Astarae:

Well my FM is nearly the same Gear, the difference are, i have awakend Prophecy Neck Stage 3, Awakend Skyreach Gloves Stage 1, a lower Soul / Heart and ~100 ap less than you.

I can do Hae Mujin Stage 4 without problems (even in simple mode) and need about 2:20-2:40 Minutes depending how the weapon proggs.

My ping normaly is between 90 and 120ms. 

So if you cant beat Hae Mujin, you seem to be extrem unlucky regarding your weapon-progs or you might have selectet the wrong skills  / set bonuspoints to the wrong skill or there is a problem with your rotation.

Check out F11 -> DEN Class Ranking and compare the skilling of those FMs with your skilling, also check where they have put in the bonus points.

When you are playing manualy, try activating the Simple-Mode, its not perfect, but usable for FM and works good enough to kill Hae Mujin.

Another tip, from what i have seen, you have a good crit rate, but your accuracy is only 112.39%, thats a bit low and you should try to get it to at least 120%

It can cause DMG loss at higher level bosses.

(Some even say you need 125% but i see no difference between 120.x% i previously had and 124.x% i have now)

Hope it helps ;)

Anyway, the GC Weapon, even on Stage 9 is the bigges crap weapon i ever upgraded to.

Without starting with the Ulti you have no burst, Weaponprogs are totaly RNG. I even had once that i dont get any weapon reset and didnt get more than 3 or 4 stacks during a complete fight TT- Boss 1 and i got outdps-ed by an Aransu 9 FM.

In my opinion GC Weapon is just pure rubbish and not even worth half of the costs you need to upgrade. 

6 hours ago, Astarae said:

Like others said, you should invest in HM focus, 25 points there is like a "3rd soul" with 250 boss attack power every 30s.

Also you dont have the Prophecy Necklace and Skyreach Gloves, which are 30%+ Crit Damage extra and a set bonus aswel.

A gunner in my clas thans almost the same gear as you, but with the prophecy necklace, and skyreach gloves, but Gc6 and lower soul, seems to be doing more damage than you say you do.

I had a lot to say but then deleted it all thank god.

If I ever turn into the type of person to focus entirely on gearing to the point where I tell others to stop liking fun and cosmetics please burn my computer and open my front door.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

Just got to reading this, my bad.
No one playing any class should full rely on Simple Mode, that's not its purpose. It simply does the tedious, repetitive rotations for people, but everyone still has to use other important skills alongside Simple Mode. So you're correct on Gunner, 4 > V > Tab > Simple Mode. With your ms you should be able to sometimes cast 7 Bullet Storms, which would show 35 hits in the parse, each one hits 5x. 

On a gunner, most seem to think that simple mode is going to get you near optimal without killing your hands/wrists.  I appreciate the info, but your info seems like the polish that goes on after building up a base.  I.e. we are looking at averaging 60% more damage and even with a 7th BS out of 6, that's still only 17% more damage.  But working on such fine tuning now just frustrates the *bleep* out of me given how much time I've felt like I'm standing still.  Most of my recent efforts have been on my FM who I started maybe last November though really, in linear time, that's more like early Feb, since I couldn't get the game to run for about 2 months in there (spent weeks w/support and they finally gave up saying there was nothing more they could do).  But I've felt pretty much stuck on the gunner due to no ability to progress in a way I can see any consistent difference (my GS, BTW, I started after thanksgiving the previous year(2018)).  Anyway, I keep working on variations above/beyond SM, though I wish they'd let me choose what key to put it on rather than taking away my mouse key.  I have a 4 button mouse with 2 keys that pretty I can't make much use of because BnS doesn't allow alternate inputs (like Mouse3 & Mouse4).  Working with variations was partly my reason for putting the SM-toggle on CAPS-LOCK, where it's no harder to hit than tab, sometimes less, unfortunately if I don't make the reach for tab.

Thanks for the tips, though not sure when I'll be ready for them.

22 hours ago, Grimoir said:

A gunner in my clas thans almost the same gear as you, but with the prophecy necklace, and skyreach gloves, but Gc6 and lower soul, seems to be doing more damage than you say you do.

Fps matters a lot when doing dps too. When I finally got my event weapon, I thought I could afford to do other stuff like rendering video in the background. As a result, my fps got cut in half. 1.3m dps at full fps turned into barely hitting 1.1m at 30 fps. So even if he's supposed to hit a certain dps with his gear, there's no way to guarantee he will actually get that.

Also, from what I figured so far: My normal sustained is around 800k (rounded). Full buffs with crit dumpling, charms, soju, and pills, gets me about 950k. Clearly not enough to finish. Going from ascending awakened soul to the event awakened tiger gives just enough to be able to kill him just as he enrages. Still fails too often though thanks to the dumb mechanic of the boss magically surviving even a strong burst with 1 hp left no matter what. Event weapon + no event soul gets me about 1.3m. This is as a warden though, so I could just stand in place and just wail on him. Any other class that has to drop dps to iframe/cc even for a split second wouldn't be anywhere near as successful.