Forums

Returning Player looking for a Beginner's Guide

(This was in Player to Player Support but there seems to be little traffic there-1 response-so after 5-6 days, I thought I'd post this here in General.)

Hello all, I have not played in over a year, and would like to play again. 

However, it has been so long-and I have played another game, with completely different systems, in the interim-to the point that I do not remember even some of the basics. I have a Level 50, HM 9 ForceMaster (Gon) and  a Level 46 ForceMaster (Gon) and would like to pick up where I left off with them and not have to start all over. If there is an ingame guide that explains the basics, that might do or a step-by-step guide in forums. I did look here in forums using various search terms, such as "guide" and found nothing, aside from a few dead-end links and seemingly outdated or irrelevant material. 

Examples of the BASIC knowledge that I do not remember include panning the camera view quickly which obviously is important in any combat, PvP or PvE. My first time back the other day, I saw that the mouse keys were tied to simple attack skills so the mouse keys don't control turning the camera unless I press the 'alt' key while simultaneously pressing the mouse key and manipulating the mouse. This seems unnecessarily involved, using both hands, not even able to use a skill comfortably, so there must be a better way. How does one make the character walk, not jog? That is trivial, granted but an example of the baby steps I may need to take and my guild is dead and I really don't feel like asking  such silly questions in chat as response is somewhat hit or miss as I see no "World Chat."

A guide with any updated material from the past year or so might also be helpful as I see that my weapon is not only outdated but unusable and my skills have mostly been removed and the system to add skills looks quite different. (Bearing in mind, my last time actually changing skills might have been as far back as late 2017.) So, again, a primer that explains basic stuff and the newer content would be appreciated. (I've been told that I must salvage the older weapon but would like some confirmation before doing so. Other games seldom gave back a BETTER, NEWER Weapon when you salvaged, just "useful" junk.) Worst case scenario, I suppose I could start a third character and relearn the basics with the tutorials given to newer players when they create their first character. That won't teach me anything about endgame content but would at least remind me of how to do simple things such as panning the camera, movement, and likely how to add skills, though perhaps not what Bangle I should be using now for my two current cL50 and L46 haracters.

Slight update, I went back in game since originally posting this topic this past Saturday, to check menus, maps, etc., is there an FPS Issue? I'm getting 6-10 FPS just standing around in a market area with few other players.

Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to give.

à la prochaine, Michelle<3 

Hey there Michelle, as you could witness yourself, the game is in a bad shape right now regarding optimization. Every player is going to tell you the same, that no matter what kind of PC do you have (be it NASA setup or Potato setup), you're gonna have a bad time having stable FPS, specially in crowded areas/raids.

If you are really thinking in playing back again, I'll recomend you to watch some videos of EvilDoUsHarm. He gives pretty neat tips and he even has a sort of "guide" for returning players. If you still need more information, feel free to DM me here so we can get in touch somwhere more user simpler and easy to use, like Discord, for example.

Other than that, I hope this helps.