Hi I desperately need help. BnS runs at only 15 - 20 fps for me during boss fights (in dungeons and raid). What is causing this?

I get around 30 - 40 fps running around in the field with the "optimized for low end PC" option, but during boss fight in dungeons or raids my fps drop down to 15-20ish fps and it gets worse in MSP where I only get 8 - 10 fps when fighting the turtle boss. Is this because of my PC? Is my PC too outdated? My PC specs:

-AMD A10 6790K APU with Radeon HD graphics 4.00GHz.

-Window 7 64 bits.

-16 GB DDR3 RAM

Is there anything I can do to improve performance? Or do I have to get a new PC?

Thank you!

Edited by ComputerMonitor

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ComputerMonitor:

-Window 7 64 bits.

-16 GB DDR3 RAM

Considering the game optimization thoose FPS should be normal. You can try some tweaks like disabling third Spec animations but i dont think that will help a lot.

I know this CPU was advitised as "Gaming" but it actully never was the A10 was always a pretty weak CPU which cant even compete with an I3 from 2011. One thing you could try is a cheap used Nvidia GPU and some overclocking. I recommend the GTX 660 if it needs to be cheap (30€ max) and if you decide to overclock watch out for an option to only overclock one core some and crank it as high as your CPU and CPU cooler allow it. (please dont do this if you have no idea what the settings do in your Motherboards bios ask a friend cause it can destroy your CPU)

If you decide to buy a completly new build look out for an I5/I7 or Ryzen 3xxx if you get a good deal the 2xxx add for example the GTX 1650 and you are good to go.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

I had a GTX 660. It ran around 15-20 FPS during boss fights. Now I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660, and the game still runs at 15-20ish FPS during boss fights. I don't think it really makes a difference unless the game is WAY heavier processor based than a lot of PC games out there, which I guess is possible, but I have no real way to confirm or not. Otherwise I have to conclude that the only other thing I can think of is that B&S simply doesn't run well on pretty much anything. Here is a link to that thread where I detail all of my testing:

vor 28 Minuten schrieb NorbertTheOpinionated:

I had a GTX 660. It ran around 15-20 FPS during boss fights. Now I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660, and the game still runs at 15-20ish FPS during boss fights. I don't think it really makes a difference unless the game is WAY heavier processor based than a lot of PC games out there, which I guess is possible, but I have no real way to confirm or not. Otherwise I have to conclude that the only other thing I can think of is that B&S simply doesn't run well on pretty much anything. Here is a link to that thread where I detail all of my testing:

may I ask your CPU specs back then? If it was the the Haswell i7 something must been running pretty wrong

Edited by Belido

On 17/07/2019 at 3:41 AM, ComputerMonitor said:

I get around 30 - 40 fps running around in the field with the "optimized for low end PC" option, but during boss fight in dungeons or raids my fps drop down to 15-20ish fps and it gets worse in MSP where I only get 8 - 10 fps when fighting the turtle boss. Is this because of my PC? Is my PC too outdated? My PC specs:

-Window 7 64 bits.

-16 GB DDR3 RAM

Is there anything I can do to improve performance? Or do I have to get a new PC?

Thank you!

Your Computer is the Problem, It's time to Upgrade, Even if Blade and Soul have optimisation problems, it's still time to upgrade.

I wouldn't go any Cheaper build then this for example (1080p Gaming) -> https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zBkCMZ  Without PSU included as I don't know, your Old one Might be good enough, You should run BnS on 30-100+ FPS and Little More FPS if you went with Intel i7 for Single Core performance, But price would rise and if rising the price I would then just go with R5 3600x Build.

I've Tested Blade and Soul With this build, Was having 30+ FPS in Raids with All Characters Enabled and Almost maxed Graphics, and Up to 100 in Normal Dungeons. My OLD computer used to have 30 FPS too, but 30 FPS with This build felt way more smoother and barely any lagging compared to OLD PC 30 FPS. So Don't let the 30+ FPS put you down.

My Current Build is this -> https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TXyd3b - While Streaming and Playing I have 70-100+ fps runs smoothly.

Edited by SayhaSeer

On 7/21/2019 at 9:50 PM, SayhaSeer said:

Your Computer is the Problem, It's time to Upgrade, Even if Blade and Soul have optimisation problems, it's still time to upgrade.

I wouldn't go any Cheaper build then this for example (1080p Gaming) -> Build Link  (Without PSU included as I don't know, your Old one Might be good enough), (You should run BnS on 30-100+ FPS and Little More FPS if you went with Intel i7 for Single Core performance, But price would rise and if rising the price I would then just go with R5 3600x Build.

I've Tested Blade and Soul With this build, Was having 30+ FPS in Raids with All Characters Enabled and Almost maxed Graphics, and Up to 100 in Normal Dungeons. My OLD computer used to have 30 FPS too, but 30 FPS with This build felt way more smoother and barely any lagging compared to OLD PC 30 FPS. So Don't let the 30+ FPS put you down.

My Current Build is this -> Build Link - While Streaming and Playing I have 70-100+ fps runs smoothly.

Hi! Can you re-post links to those PC builds?  I am unable to access them. 

On 25/07/2019 at 4:22 AM, ComputerMonitor said:

Hi! Can you re-post links to those PC builds?  I am unable to access them. 

Oh, Seems like Forums are broken on this function. I updated the Previous Posts, hope the link works now.

Btw, The first build is Micro ATX Mobo because this build was aimed to be as cheap as possible while still maintaining a decent build for modern games, If Micro Mobo bothers you or there are some functions not included with micro, then +£20 more and you can get an ATX Mobo, I thought I'll point this out since I forgot in my previous post.

@Cyan Can you please check why making a Texted-Link is broken? also pressing on a Link is Broken too example -> Link

Edited by SayhaSeer

• NCSOFT
1 hour ago, SayhaSeer said:

Oh, Seems like Forums are broken on this function. I updated the Previous Posts, hope the link works now.

Btw, The first build is Micro ATX Mobo because this build was aimed to be as cheap as possible while still maintaining a decent build for modern games, If Micro Mobo bothers you or there are some functions not included with micro, then +£20 more and you can get an ATX Mobo, I thought I'll point this out since I forgot in my previous post.

@Cyan Can you please check why making a Texted-Link is broken? also pressing on a Link is Broken too example -> Link

Links in posts on the forum are deliberately disabled to avoid fraud, scam, and phishing. Only certain domains which are deemed secure, like Imgur or Twitter, are whitelisted. You can still post a full URL, but it will remain not-clickable and you won't be able to mask the URL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baskerville said:

Links in posts on the forum are deliberately disabled to avoid fraud, scam, and phishing. Only certain domains which are deemed secure, like Imgur or Twitter, are whitelisted. You can still post a full URL, but it will remain not-clickable and you won't be able to mask the URL.

Oh I see, Thank you for explaining the reason behind it.