I am sorry...

Aulann

As of late I've taken noticed that as my gear/damage has grown, so had my ego and it has turned me into the people I hate. An elitist. three months ago I was just a brand new player with no gear and even though I knew how to do the fights and my gear/damage wasn't too bad people would still ignore or kick me from their group. It was then that I met a special person who took me into their clan. Taught me, geared me. Was nothing but nice and I returned that by telling them that they couldn't bring their undergeared toon to a dungeon. I knew we had the damage to do the dungeon on our own and bringing them wouldn't be a problem but all I cared about was getting it done quickly without any problems. When I saw how I hurt them it was then that I finally looked at myself in the mirror and I didn't know the person who was looking back at me and then I remember those 3 months where people threw me to the side and how my friend picked me up and got me to where I am.

To those who I pugged with and made fun of or treated you like trash. I am truly sorry. I promise to be more humble and a better person/player.

We were all noobs at one point and we shouldn't forget all the people we've played with and friends we made along the way. Gear does not make the player

Edited by Aulann

Have no idea who you are but good job writing that here, everyone makes mistakes and i can see you regret and recognize you were wrong. I wish more people could be like that aswell. Well done, hope everything works fine with you and your friends

Aulann, it is very admirable that you are openly sharing your story and admitting your mistakes, which is definitely not an easy thing to do. That was extremely humble and mature of you, and I commend you for that. Thank you for being a good example in the B&S community, which hasn't always had the best reputation. I hope others can learn from this and take after your example to be a kinder player if they aren't already. Be the positive change in the world, because by golly, this world needs it! Your post was an encouraging read, thank you and blessings.

Edited by MerryCherry

Glad you realized what kind of person you were becoming and decided to better yourself. I don't think my ego went up so much as I geared, but much more so, my patience just diminished over time. Between bots, leeches and just all kinds of toxic players, I have much less tolerance for mistakes that are easy to avoid. And I am aware, something that may seem easy to avoid for me now, may not be easy for someone else or a newbie may not know, I'm not talking about things like that, I'm talking about things that even newbie me would have done right once someone actually was willing to run with me. I.e. driving TSM's 1st boss into a crystal 3+ times after being told mechs several times or to just stay away from the boss.

I can understand one accidental aerial on occasion, I've done it seldom before awakening. But, people often do it multiple times, Idk when they added the option to disable skills, and I don't care if I'm wrong, this is something that pisses me off and is way too common. I believe it's more because of laziness/trolls than that we just have so many new players coming into the game that it's just common(Sarcasm). Even though I like to get things done fast, I don't expect newbies to know everything, like in Naryu Sanctum if I'm on an alt and everyone has so little dps that I can't carry enough to skip the phase, I get annoyed when they kill a guard out of place or pull them away and run, but, I just sigh and say I guess they didn't bother to look up mechs like I did when I was new, but it's ok. I'll just explain what not to do for next time.
I'm fine running with players who have sufficient gear and not overkill, as long as it's enough to get through. I don't mind a wipe and teaching mechanics, carrying or helping with rotations for classes I know or at least directing to where someone can learn if they're willing and actually improving. I learned to just check gear, if they have no Heart/Talisman, then they're more than likely a bot or someone who can't be bothered to finish story and probably can't be bothered to pull their on weight, so I kick. The only time I want overkill gear is for MSP or WC if I'm running all day. If it's just one run or a few runs, I'll take anyone as long as we can clear it ok.