How to Make 3v3 Popular again

Baez

Hello,

I just wanted to start this topic by saying that I knowledge the developers attempt to please the 3v3 tag team players by limiting the days we can participate, I understand that was done to create traffic for that PvP mode and make sure that people wanting to participate in it could on those specific days, I just wish one of those days was Saturday or Sunday but that is beside the topic.

As for the Improvements, they are changes that in one way would greatly please some, while hindering others. What I propose is for the reduction of premade teams down from 3 to 2, or its elimination completely in this specific mode when attempting to rank up. The benefits of doing so would push more players towards the mode, randomizing teams fully. This would encourage not only more team compositions but less stress on the already stressed PvP community that have to fight premade teams at the top and would create a feeling of fairness.

Just take Leauge of Legends as an example, the Rank mode only allowed premade teams of 2 players while the other 3 members were fully randomized base on the individuals rank, the game never lost its identity or popularity for many years despite never allowing full premade teams on its ladder.

In short, I think 3v3 is a really enjoyable mode in the game, but it really lost steam when LFP became a thing of the past and American players started to recruit or create premade exclusively. I was there at the beginning when I could LFP to join a team, the joy of working together with strangers to win was great! or carrying a whole by yourself felt empowering.

#Make3v3tagGreatAgain

• Like 2

Not gonna happen PVP dosent give money. (Prove me otherwise NCsoft)

Since we no longer have esports in this game i would like to see something like this. Currently every team got atleast 1 Top 5 player often even 3 which makes it really hard to get to gold and i am by far no PVE pleb. Now think about guys who are just looking into it. They cant even do 5% damage and it frustrates them. Guess what ? They will not play PVP anymore.

NC should have never restricted the time atleast not to that extent. Why cant we play tuesday ? why cant we play thursday ? ..........  there is litterly no reason. I admit matches are found much faster thou.

Even if i know they probably wont even read this thread since Baskerville and all the other mods seem to ignore the PVP players i would like to see something like this to happen.

No, tags are supposed to be competitive, and disabling premade groups will kill that. You already have 6v6 if you want to play with random players, you don't have to bring down 3v3 too.

Just change so it's available every day for 5-6h.

Edited by Radeyz

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Radeyz:

Just change so it's available every day for 5-6h.

Thats exactly what i told nc multiple times there is litterly no reason to restrict us so much. @Baskerville i ask directly well knowing you do a good job but why are you and all other moderators ignoring everything about PVP ? If some players are furious about some PVE stuff you guys usually write something or try to speak to the department responsible for this stuff. Why are you and your colleagues just silent about everything if its about PVP ? I mean its definetly not me i am just one of the loudest ones who whines about this cause i have alot of time to be in the forum.

NC announces PVP related stuff and you guys get to know pretty fast what the PVP base thinks about this well knowing it could worsen the PVP in this game even more. We told you not to release Awakening into PVP what did nc do ? they released it anyway and now they are like "Pikachu Face" and think its players fault. What do they do next ? restrict our playtime and then again "Pikachu Face". There are litterly only like 10 Players in PVP everyone else quited. why ? cause NC dosent listen to us.

Again: @Baskerville i ask you cause from nc staff you are the only one i actully belieave if you say you want this game to be succesful. You are the only one i actully think plays the game and should know atleast a bit about BNS.

Why is NC just silent about PVP and worsens the state of pvp with every pvp related patch ? Dont tell me KR makes the updates ! NC dosent have to take everything KR does they can just say no we dont want this update its probably not much programming to remove awakening from PVP.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

• NCSOFT

Hi all,

On 19/07/2019 at 9:25 AM, ImoutoMaster said:

i thought so @Baskerville  guys thats the reason it dosent make sense to create a topic about pvp related stuff they simply dont care not even baskerville and he is the one who listens the most to the community.

Sometimes, I simply just won't respond to threads that require no immediate action right away. I see, I read, I only respond when it makes sense.

On 17/07/2019 at 1:28 PM, ImoutoMaster said:

Thats exactly what i told nc multiple times there is litterly no reason to restrict us so much. @Baskerville i ask directly well knowing you do a good job but why are you and all other moderators ignoring everything about PVP ? If some players are furious about some PVE stuff you guys usually write something or try to speak to the department responsible for this stuff. Why are you and your colleagues just silent about everything if its about PVP ? I mean its definetly not me i am just one of the loudest ones who whines about this cause i have alot of time to be in the forum.

NC announces PVP related stuff and you guys get to know pretty fast what the PVP base thinks about this well knowing it could worsen the PVP in this game even more. We told you not to release Awakening into PVP what did nc do ? they released it anyway and now they are like "Pikachu Face" and think its players fault. What do they do next ? restrict our playtime and then again "Pikachu Face". There are litterly only like 10 Players in PVP everyone else quited. why ? cause NC dosent listen to us.

Again: @Baskerville i ask you cause from nc staff you are the only one i actully belieave if you say you want this game to be succesful. You are the only one i actully think plays the game and should know atleast a bit about BNS.

Why is NC just silent about PVP and worsens the state of pvp with every pvp related patch ? Dont tell me KR makes the updates ! NC dosent have to take everything KR does they can just say no we dont want this update its probably not much programming to remove awakening from PVP.

We don't ignore PvP. The caveat to PvP is that it's always heavily opinionated, especially when it's about balance, which is why I choose to just monitor and not comment most of the time.

On 16/07/2019 at 4:44 AM, Baez said:

Hello,

I just wanted to start this topic by saying that I knowledge the developers attempt to please the 3v3 tag team players by limiting the days we can participate, I understand that was done to create traffic for that PvP mode and make sure that people wanting to participate in it could on those specific days, I just wish one of those days was Saturday or Sunday but that is beside the topic.

As for the Improvements, they are changes that in one way would greatly please some, while hindering others. What I propose is for the reduction of premade teams down from 3 to 2, or its elimination completely in this specific mode when attempting to rank up. The benefits of doing so would push more players towards the mode, randomizing teams fully. This would encourage not only more team compositions but less stress on the already stressed PvP community that have to fight premade teams at the top and would create a feeling of fairness.

Just take Leauge of Legends as an example, the Rank mode only allowed premade teams of 2 players while the other 3 members were fully randomized base on the individuals rank, the game never lost its identity or popularity for many years despite never allowing full premade teams on its ladder.

In short, I think 3v3 is a really enjoyable mode in the game, but it really lost steam when LFP became a thing of the past and American players started to recruit or create premade exclusively. I was there at the beginning when I could LFP to join a team, the joy of working together with strangers to win was great! or carrying a whole by yourself felt empowering.

#Make3v3tagGreatAgain

As for premade vs. random, you are basically saying that you rather would like to see teams being randomized or 2 premade + 1 random and to remove the option to queue as a full premade group completely? If the player base really wants to see this happen, sure, there is no way we would not escalate this to the developers, but four users agreeing and another user disagreeing is unfortunately not very reflective of the user base altogether. League also has two modes, Ranked Solo/Duo and Ranked Flex, where you can queue with a full team.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Baskerville:

Hi all,

Sometimes, I simply just won't respond to threads that require no immediate action right away. I see, I read, I only respond when it makes sense.

We don't ignore PvP. The caveat to PvP is that it's always heavily opinionated, especially when it's about balance, which is why I choose to just monitor and not comment most of the time.

I understand your point very well but i am not the only one who feels like you guys simply dont care. If you say you would implement stuff the community recommends what do you call reflective ? can we create something like a petition and if we get xxxx votes it is reflective ?

How much votes do we need ? i mean in forums there are litterly only like 4 - 6 people interested in PVP i wouldnt mind running throgh discords etc. to get some responds from the actual community for you guys. Or maybe you play the game yourself and watch some twitch streams ? Its not very hard that no one agrees with you on the time restrictions.

At one point, the ingame surveys were used to collect information. (not the leveling surveys, there was f10 shop costume vote survey at one point, for which costumes players wanted back in the f10.)

This would reach more players, but it would get surveys from each character probably, and the survey itself would need to be very specific/thought out to not bias results.

• Like 1

3 vs 3 was never popular, @Baskerville If you were to escalate anything to the devs, I would recommend this :
In arena (more in 1vs1 than 3vs3), before the fight starts there is a count down, then the screen goes black and you are transported to the battle area.
The Issue is that depending on your hardware specs (and even possibly server delay); that black screen can stay longer than it should, longer than it does for your opponent.
Basically this means that it's effectively possible for your opponent to inflict serious damage on you before you've even loaded it. Worse part is that fixing the issue could be as simple as making the screen go black and moving the players to the battle area first, then not letting them move till the countdown is over.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb RagingPhenix:

3 vs 3 was never popular.

Sorry to tell you but it was before awakening patch you could litterly solo que and find a match. Of course it tool sometime but you where actully able to find a group. After awakening people just quit PVP.

No one likes that BD can do an attack which you cannot evade which does like 43K damage in one hit or BM who can do 100 to 0 without even the need of stun just using his untargatable and teleport.

Nowdays the biggest problem is the restriction of playtime. What do you think you get as enemy if everyone only got like 9 hours a week of PVP time minus que times of course ? Its pretty much only top 5 or atleast top 30 Players (mostly top 5) with all their twinks. Players who struggle around 1600 in 1v1 or even players who want to test PVP just get destroyed they cant even learn. This way NC creates a hole where litterly no one can join the 3v3 Community cause they will never be able to beat top 5 player without alot of exp.

its said multiple times but the restriciton its to be lowered or completly removed ! Why cant we play everyday ? This way the top 5 players would be gold much faster and others can actully enjoy their matches.

@Baskerville i ask you again what do you want us to do so we can get some changes or atleast the chance of a change ? Do you want us to open surveys for the community ? Or something else ? I have another idea sometimes (very very rare) i stream on twitch since i am always the only one doing PVP some people watch it. I could open surveys or whatever for you guys.

On 7/22/2019 at 7:33 AM, Baskerville said:

Hi all,

As for premade vs. random, you are basically saying that you rather would like to see teams being randomized or 2 premade + 1 random and to remove the option to queue as a full premade group completely? If the player base really wants to see this happen, sure, there is no way we would not escalate this to the developers, but four users agreeing and another user disagreeing is unfortunately not very reflective of the user base altogether. League also has two modes, Ranked Solo/Duo and Ranked Flex, where you can queue with a full team.

Hello!,

Thanks for the reply Baskerville, I really appreciate it, like a lot. As for some users agreeing and others user disagreeing I understand your concern, I predicted that some users would disagree on this drastic change, but I am sure you understand that us Gamers... don't like change even if is for the better. 3v3 is in a spot I believe could not be worse reason I believe experimenting with my ideas would not make anything worse but cause an improvement on the mode, this past week even though I attempted to recruit people actively I had a hard time finding players, and 2 of the games I got to do I got destroyed by once again, fully premade teams just looking to farm because the number of players in Q is just too low.

I know those changes are drastic, and I know trying to experiment with those changes would cost the team in Korea to use more resources and time that could be invested in other things, and trust me the last thing I want to do is give more work to an already busy team working on remaking the game on a completely new engine, but as a user playing this game for 3 years, a game I very much love, I would love to see the new players that you and I know will come when UE4 comes out to see a fixed 3v3, one that players can actually q in and maybe after 3-4min of wait they can work with another team to kick ass. I just want a healthy 3v3 back.

Thanks again for your reply @Baskerville