Pay2win event round 2, time for another break

PetPuggi

Unless NCW decides to actually properly modify the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ enrage timer to NA/EU gear levels this time, which I very very very highly doubt, the upcoming "hae mujin" event is just going to be a clone of the infamously bad turtle/DT boss event we had recently where it's just a blatant wallet check and nothing else, except with even HIGHER dps requirements. You're looking at AT LEAST 2mil/sec considering this boss doesn't stand there and let you whack it like a training dummy and it has over three times more HP than the turtle.

I can already feel the excitement of 99% of the player base finding another opportunity to take a break from this game for 5 weeks.

[Insert X number of "oh but it's not pay2win since you don't need to participate in this event" or "players who can't do 2mil dps don't deserve to get GC steels/wings or a cool costume as prizes" type of white-knighting comments below ↓↓↓]

Edited by PetPuggi
  • Like 1

Well i can say that turtle event was poorly done....idea for high gear ppl to have chalenge was good, but not executed right!
As for this event that is on its way, i wanted to suggest some things:

1......If u want high ppl to have chalenge just add timer...like in mushin traning room,
u get 3 star if u clear it with best time, 2 star if mid time and 1 star if rly low time,

thus u get rewards depend of time u clear it...
and there u have all players high, mid and low happy

2......Dont put engage timers,just put some mech insted....cuz its more fun to do mech,
than to just stand, bit move and dps....we are not mindless robots....its not fun!

3......Maybe if boss is hard, and have lots of health.....maybe try to make it party event dungeon, so all will be happy,
and again all of players can do this event

I myself am 1.6k ap ice wl, with a9, max bt acc, and hong bracelet.....i would say my gear is mid thier.....

and i do around 900k sustain dmg......

and it was pain for me last event dungeon.....

i wanted to do it, but it was just dps test.....

i hope some staff from nc soft will read this, and possibly answer to me, what do they think about mine opinion :)

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Grimoir:

Hmm...funny...last i remember for Hae Mujin you actually need around 1,7m dps not 2m+...

Uhh well that will make things much better. 1.7M instead of 2M since 99,9% of the NC-west community can hold up to this DPS [/zynism]

i'll guess another event like the Turtle and we will loose some more player im still very (lets say it friendly) angry i couldnt get the wings and one thing will be for sure.
If this event will be indeed like the turtle event and most players cant paricipate i will definetly keep my premium cancled and will quit the game.

Last time around only stage 4 was "locked" for those without enough dps. What did stage 4 reward though? Nothing really. Currency for fire wings which look bad and are anyway just a recolor. If you didn't care about those wings, you didn't need to do stage 4. Personally I believe anyone who can't reach stage4 dps threshold has bigger concerns when it comes to getting rewards with event currency than some cosmetic items..... like upgrade materials that would increase their dps for example?

last event,  u say : "Personally I believe anyone who can't reach stage4 dps threshold has bigger concerns when it comes to getting rewards with event currency than some cosmetic items..... like upgrade materials that would increase their dps for example?"

okay, not all players play game to be top dps

or to have high dmg

some ppl play game just becaouse it fun.....

also some class have higer dmg with same gear, from other classes....

as far as i know, this is bns mmo, u play with other ppl, do dungeons and raids, and have fun.....

not mmo u must have top gear and dmg to participate in event, if u want cosmetic or other items?!

12 minutes ago, Woah64 said:

as far as i know, this is bns mmo, u play with other ppl, do dungeons and raids, and have fun.....

not mmo u must have top gear and dmg to participate in event, if u want cosmetic or other items?!

There are events for players to catch up and there are events for players who are already geared. Turtle was for those who already are geared.

There are events for players to catch up and there are events for players who are already geared. Turtle was for those who already are geared.

Okay then tell me how much of player base could do turtle stage4?

lets say 15% or even 20% of total 100%

so rest 80% who are not enough geared do not deserve rewards?

u want to tell me that this is good buisnes model?

it is okay to make event like this?

I am pretty confident i can take part this time but still i dont agree with NC that endgame players need events too. 

Last time there was no reason for endgame people to do turtle expect for the skin cause who needs GC steel if you are already at stage 9 ? Who needs feathers if you already have full TT SS ? If they add some ET stuff sure but i dont think so. 

Either remove the event completly or nerve it so everyone can take part. Since i know nc they wont care so whats the point in creating a thread like this ? 

• NCSOFT

Hi all,

53 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Either remove the event completly or nerve it so everyone can take part. Since i know nc they wont care so whats the point in creating a thread like this ? 

We can't go into exact numbers but the event difficulty was nerfed due to your feedback. While the enrage timer still sits at 3 minutes, the overall HP of the last boss was reduced by more than 1/5 and thus you will require less DPS to finish good ol' Hae Mujin. Given those changes and the fact that most players should at least be slightly better geared than in Legends Reborn, we expect a smoother experience overall. Please keep in mind that we are currently still testing some aspects of the Roots of Malice patch and until all testing has been concluded, changes are not final, so take this with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

I had heard that the enrage for Hae Mujin. was 6 minutes.

If the enrage is half the original time, how does the boss only having  ~20% less HP square up with half the time to kill him?

Was I mistaken on the original enrage time? Shouldn't the hp be at LEAST 50% less if you only give us half as much time to kill him to retain the original difficulty? Info as written sounds like its even HARDER than KR version( more weapon stages, more soul/heart/talisman stages, generally superior ping, no translation matrix slowing down their client).

Edited by ElectricPotato

1 hour ago, Baskerville said:

Hi all,

We can't go into exact numbers but the event difficulty was nerfed due to your feedback. While the enrage timer still sits at 3 minutes, the overall HP of the last boss was reduced by more than 1/5 and thus you will require less DPS to finish good ol' Hae Mujin. Given those changes and the fact that most players should at least be slightly better geared than in Legends Reborn, we expect a smoother experience overall. Please keep in mind that we are currently still testing some aspects of the Roots of Malice patch and until all testing has been concluded, changes are not final, so take this with a grain of salt.

Well Baskerville, then let me try to give some exact numbers. In korea Hae Mujin had 630,000,000 HP. 1/5 means 20% so that would make him have like 504,000,000. "By more than" could mean he still has 500 million HP left after our reduction. If the enrage timer is really 3 minutes like you said that would mean that you need 2.778 mio dps to beat him! I heard that the actuall enrage timer for him is 6 minutes. This would mean that you still need 1.389 mio dps. I'm just going to leave this here, just for a little reference.

Basically the same as with the Longgui event. Most players wont be able to beat the event.

For me this means I can skip this event as well. I dont have TT stuff as I couldn't find a group that was fun playing with. Though I am not sure wether this would really help that much. I can only deal like 800,000 dps solo with my serpent sin on max VT gear and 5 TT soul shields. One of the biggest complains about the Longgui event was that you need to be able to beat stage 4 or the tomb boss to get the wings. Now you just make the same again. You need to beat Mujin stage 4 to get a title which allows you to buy exclusive cosmetics...

If some shoots himself for the first time in the foot one can call this an accident. But if someone shoots himself twice in the foot I'd call that stu...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baskerville said:

Hi all,

It's nice to see someone relaying our feedback so often, the effort is appreciated. In this case, I don't think a nerf slightly higher than 20% of his HP is enough to appease many players. Since you said slightly more than 1/5, it sounds like the requirement should be similar to Stage 4 Longgui. But, this time the boss isn't standing there like a piñata, so the required dps will still be higher. If the hope was that many people progressed and would now be able to clear turtle, I don't think pushing the requirement any higher is a good idea.

To be 100% honest this post is what is wrong with NA/EU. in KR they get special titles for being top 10. we get a title for just killing it in the allowed time.

Everyone should have had enough time to do upgrades with the Nerfs to cost of gear and Nerfs to Raids to get gear. not only that but w/ Trove being out and over all making TT wep mats and Soul cost cut. If you missed your chance to upgrade then. why are you here now crying that you cant do the DPS needed?

I really wish NCWest would just give us what KR got, and only top 10 players got a title. because what is the point of being end game player and having the same stuff as everyone eles? there is only 1 thing in BNS that truly locks you out of titles and that is CM. because if you are bad at CM. you will never get a title.

but that is not the point.  the point is you need to take advantage of the reductions that NCwest works hard to get for you and upgrade. Stop sitting on gold, stop coming on to forums and crying about this or that., go play the game. go farm mats, GO UPGRADE, go do more dps

4 hours ago, Noobis said:

To be 100% honest this post is what is wrong with NA/EU. in KR they get special titles for being top 10. we get a title for just killing it in the allowed time.

Everyone should have had enough time to do upgrades with the Nerfs to cost of gear and Nerfs to Raids to get gear. not only that but w/ Trove being out and over all making TT wep mats and Soul cost cut. If you missed your chance to upgrade then. why are you here now crying that you cant do the DPS needed?

I really wish NCWest would just give us what KR got, and only top 10 players got a title. because what is the point of being end game player and having the same stuff as everyone eles? there is only 1 thing in BNS that truly locks you out of titles and that is CM. because if you are bad at CM. you will never get a title.

but that is not the point.  the point is you need to take advantage of the reductions that NCwest works hard to get for you and upgrade. Stop sitting on gold, stop coming on to forums and crying about this or that., go play the game. go farm mats, GO UPGRADE, go do more dps

Bad idea, If they gave us the same thing KR got then endgame players in NA/EU may not be able to beat this LOL. You are forgetting that we still don't have all of the gear KR has. NA/EU players are still behind KR in terms of DPS. Why give NA/EU whales something that they can't beat yet?

2 hours ago, Noobis said:

This is exactly whats currently wrong with arena rankings for example where a single account has 5 characters in the top 5.....the same would happen if only top 10 would get the title so i am glad its not that way.

Competing in something and being in the top percentile earns you those things. In my, and many others' opinions, it shouldn't start off gated to the top percentile, especially for an event.

3 hours ago, Noobis said:

Your post is what's wrong with NA/EU.

Use your common sense. Do you think every single player here played since the start? You think everyone can get GC9/max soul just because they spend a lot of effort? You think the little nerfs here and there NCW showers on us in these events is enough to get people to do frickin 2mil dps? LOL.

Want to beat this event but you didn't start playing since 2 years ago? You open up your wallet, period.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

This is exactly whats currently wrong with arena rankings for example where a single account has 5 characters in the top 5.....the same would happen if only top 10 would get the title so i am glad its not that way.

arena and doing dmg in PVE are 1000000% different ends of the game my dude. takes no gear to hold elo in arena. and if you looked up top players in Arena and tried to see if the same people are top in 6v6 then you would see my point.

2 minutes ago, PetPuggi said:

Your post is what's wrong with NA/EU.

Use your common sense. Do you think every single player here played since the start? You think everyone can get GC9/max soul just because they spend a lot of effort? You think the little nerfs here and there NCW showers on us in these events is enough to get people to do frickin 2mil dps? LOL.

Want to beat this event but you didn't start playing since 2 years ago? You open up your wallet, period.

beat this event for a purple title you aint going to wear anyways. Grats! thanks for proving my point that you would rather cry on the forums than go farm to upgrade

arena and doing dmg in PVE are 1000000% different ends of the game my dude. takes no gear to hold elo in arena. and if you looked up top players in Arena and tried to see if the same people are top in 6v6 then you would see my point.

Arena was an example i gave. there are multiple players with alts geared jsut as their mains with full end game gear.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Noobis:

To Be 100% honest thats exactly whats wrong with NA/EU

1. we are still way behind Korean Gear

2. not everyone can play BnS as a full time Job nor they can spend hundreds or thousands of bucks for a trove giving 3 star crits that are way beyond scam

3. it not only depends on you gear it also depends on your Class. A 3rd spec BM for example would need way less gear than most other classes.

Also in KR. Hae Mujin had 630 Mio HP and 6 Min Enrage Timer what means you need at least a minimum of 1,75Mio DPS
@Baskerville said:

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Baskerville:

We can't go into exact numbers but the event difficulty was nerfed due to your feedback. While the enrage timer still sits at 3 minutes, the overall HP of the last boss was reduced by more than 1/5 and thus you will require less DPS to finish good ol' Hae Mujin

That would mean 630M - 20% = 504M but since he said more than 1/5th  lets calculate with 25 % what still would be 472.5M HP
BUT !!!!
He also stated that the Enrage timer would be 3 Minutes instead of 6 Min in Korea -> 472.5M / 180sec = 2.625M DPS

Just for fun lets pretend they not only cut the Enragetimer but also the HP in half (I hope they did otherwise they totaly screwed up xD)  and reduced it by 20% that would result in 252M HP

630M / 2 = 315M
315M - 20% = 252M

315M - 25% = 236.25M (since Baskerville wrote "More than 1/5")

252M / 180 Sec.  = 1.4M DPS
236.25M  / 180 Sec = ~1.32M DPS

So you would still need 1.32 -1.4 Mio constant dps without doing any mech. As you see, it doesnt even mak any big difference wether they reduced the HP by 20% or even 25 %
The majority of players are somewhere between 800k and 1M, at least from what i have observed runing random F8 parties.

• Like 1

I like to think that most events released are for high-geared, end-game players, not mid-geared ones. The Sacred Longgui event was end-game, so it's likely NCSOFT central will do the same for the next event. This is, unfortunately, the only consistency the company has, and it isn't a good one for new- to mid-geared players. More events like these continue to close off opportunities for new players, which is disheartening, but what could we do? Community engagement between the player base and the staff isn't doing so hot right now, so if this is how the next event's going to be, then yeah, taking a long break from this game would be best.

This isn't even the worst of the problems. Blade & Soul still has optimization issues that have worsened with the recent patch, and now we're having another upcoming event for high-geared players, on top of World Championship Qualifications?

Where is the direction of this game going exactly?