Forums

I seem to have "focus problems" on my WL in arena. Any tips/suggestions?

Kakujima

Yeah, I get that WL has a reputation of being trash tier post-awakening. I get it, I really do. And I could sorta see why that is the case.

But at the same time, I honestly feel like WL's skillset has some potential to it as well... if done properly, of course. For example on the distortion build: You get a ton of i-frames, mobility, TD, SB, and best of all a blue block that heals you when your opponent hits through it. The best part is when you cast that blue block while standing in your green sanctum, it would literally recover almost half of your HP!). Well, assuming the opponent is dumb enough to keep spamming their attacks on you. Therefore, I can vouch to say that WL has decent - above average survivalbility. I've already made several people pissed by doing that.

The only MAJOR downfall is the focus problems. I find that when I cast a few dragon calls, almost all of my focus gets drained. Using lmb/rmb to recover my focus does help a bit, but for some reason it just feels... idk the words to explain it, but yeah. WL also seems to be lacking in its offensive moves. It's difficult for WL to hit hard compared to the other classes. And plus, dragoncall has a ridiculously slow animation cast that it's easy for most people to block/i-frame it.

Any tips/suggestions on how to play WL better in arena? I don't care if people say WL is trash. It at least has an interesting skillset that I'm willing to experiment more with it to see what other strategies I could possibly find.