Unity

NekoNoKishi

Hi,

I use to be a person that was defending BNS against  people that were calling it "pay 2 win" because i was able to farm everything in the game through sheer time, effort and  choice. with my current wealth i can have max gem / soul / etc day ONE . I was considering trove and box as a way to catch up for new comers or a way for whale to flex their epen through they HM level which isnt game breaking.

I'm the kind of person that have a full account  and try to do 11*BT 11*VT 11*Weekly challenge 11*Daily challenge 11*event , do my daily Hard mode train, CM, try get ranked for HM, got 2-3 TT group, i even casually help on a second ET raid and when done with all that i will go farm MSP or lastest dungeon.... eck i even do some BT or event (i buy gems which i break for powder) on second account for extra gold ... 

With all that i make at the very least 5K gold every week which mean every 3 month cycle and i buy at least 1200 trove keys + 400 with hm coin ... if i still need something  from trove .. i basicaly at least buy max daily trove keys or boxes from F10... 

That said until unity came i was able to compete with every kind of whale .... 

But now, lets say it clearly. Unity refine splendor system is PAY TO WIN. NO LESS.
1/ It is not achieveable through sheer effort. You would need to spend 49 HM for a CS reset .. on average it cost about 100g for 1 blue box (not including merchant) .... probably about 1000g for a purple fuse and over 10K gold for a legendary .... you need 15 of them not including Ascension stone which you can only MAYBE obtain once a day (you need RNG to get a purple box and then even more RNG for a leg one!). basicaly even for a crazy farmer like myself it would take a year of gold to get it .... for a regular player i would say 5 year maybe 10 probably never ... 
2/ it is game breaking , with it you will do 100-200k more dps from the +AP% bonus on skill and even more from the PERMANENT 100 AP ... how fair is that !?
3/ it is RNG ! that mean you can spend 500K gold and still be stuck in purple ! 

4/ time gated => you can only buy 10 CS reset a day ! 

Even for myself which was defending the game i can no longer say this game is not pay to win. well done ncwest ! And probably good bye soon if nothing is done.

Edited by NekoNoKishi
  • Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, ShadowLane a dit :

You can get a stone chest daily by doing 5 dc tasks, though the purple stones drop rate seems to have been nerfed too with this change.

I only got purple chest once on 11 characters since they released it ! 

And i only got a purple from a blue chest twice since they introduced this system ! 

I know some people that didnt know u could get a purple from a blue chest.... 

Edited by NekoNoKishi
  • Like 1

il y a 1 minute, ShadowLane a dit :

Well, they clearly reserve purple chests for trove, so what can you do...

Nothing except quiting this game because it is now pay2win and i am tired to be insulted by people that put 5K€ per trove and pretend they are better then me... you can spend 20h/day in this game, have the best fps, ms, train hours in F12 to perfect your rotation and able to do it flawlessly in raid you'll still be ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ compared to someone that trove unity ... 

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, NekoNoKishi a dit :

Nothing except quiting this game because it is now pay2win and i am tired to be insulted by people that put 5K€ per trove and pretend they are better then me... you can spend 20h/day in this game, have the best fps, ms, train hours in F12 to perfect your rotation and able to do it flawlessly in raid you'll still be ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ compared to someone that trove unity ... 

I agree with you, however you don't need to prove anything to anyone, remember it's just a game (and a very hungry one).

People who spend £5k on every Trove, there is only two option: or they are fre@king rich IRL, or they are just pathetic, bank account in the red, or eat pasta most of the time... Trust me I've seen some goodies like that... Nothing to be proud of. I've also seen on Reddit a dude spent his last saving for the current Trove in order to get the Kimono Costume... Pathetic.

Concerning the Unity, I am a returning player since about 2 months so I have no idea of when they implanted this system, but one day they will add Legendary Stones anyway and you will have to spend much more for it. And if they don't plan on add them soon, you have more time to gather Heroic Stone...

il y a 27 minutes, Noukah a dit :

I agree with you, however you don't need to prove anything to anyone, remember it's just a game (and a very hungry one).

People who spend £5k on every Trove, there is only two option: or they are fre@king rich IRL, or they are just pathetic, bank account in the red, or eat pasta most of the time... Trust me I've seen some goodies like that... Nothing to be proud of. I've also seen on Reddit a dude spent his last saving for the current Trove in order to get the Kimono Costume... Pathetic.

Concerning the Unity, I am a returning player since about 2 months so I have no idea of when they implanted this system, but one day they will add Legendary Stones anyway and you will have to spend much more for it. And if they don't plan on add them soon, you have more time to gather Heroic Stone...

You say it as if i have an ego problem. 

Some people like myself are competitive. And since they implement a pay2win item that give about 10-20% more dps to whale player i can no longer play this game competitively and it is driving me out of the game for another game where i can compete with other in a sane environnement and not be excluded from max gear because i dont pay to win. 

Edited by NekoNoKishi

37 minutes ago, Noukah said:

Legendary stones already exist they are just pretty much unobtainable by normal players.

il y a 16 minutes, Cor a dit :

Legendary stones already exist they are just pretty much unobtainable by normal players.

I know they do sweetheart.

I was talking adding them to Trove*

Edited by Noukah

1 minute ago, Noukah said:

Yes, you don't have to prove anything to anyone, but it's also a game where players compete and of course compare with others. It's one of the main reasons why people play MMOs or chess ;-) Many games do have P2W and usually its nothing bad at all. But there has to be some kind of balance between P2W and non-P2W. Such balance no longer exists in Blade&Soul. Today I met players doing up to 7.5 million damage on bosses during the weeklies.

• Like 1

I can agree with the point where it's pay 2 win, but I disagree with the severity of it. If you put in as much work as you say you do to keep up and stay maxed, I have a hard time believing you commonly get outperformed by someone with better unity rank.

You're trying to tell me that you have a maxed or near maxed character, you play well, you have a good computer and good ms, but you get outdps'd by someone equally geared and equally skilled with similar fps/ms, because they have a better unity rank and they belittle you because of that?

And you're also saying that you want to quit and throw away all that work because people can drop a few hundred or thousand dollars to quickly max their unity to do 200k more dps than you, and it would take you too long to achieve that?

Edited by wefhqweig

13 hours ago, Cor said:

Not completely true, i made 2 legendaries by fusing 2 purples and rest blue, another clan member made one aswel.  So i wouldnt say its not possible, but its hard, while i think the legendary ones shouldnt be too easily obtainable, the rates should definetely improve a bit, would be even better is there was a % indicator of the chance to get pruple / legendary.

12 hours ago, Cohen said:

Yes, you don't have to prove anything to anyone, but it's also a game where players compete and of course compare with others. It's one of the main reasons why people play MMOs or chess ;-) Many games do have P2W and usually its nothing bad at all. But there has to be some kind of balance between P2W and non-P2W. Such balance no longer exists in Blade&Soul. Today I met players doing up to 7.5 million damage on bosses during the weeklies.

You cant really play "competitive" in this game, especially since damage is mostly ductated by the class, so you can have the same gear, the same everything else as another player but the difference in DPS can still be 3-5 milion.

The only thing you can compete in is gear upgrades and thats about it.

As for trove: the only legendary stones you can get from trove are the 3 main speldor stones. the radiance sparkling chests only give you purples, they cant give legendaries, and they are very rare in trove aswel, so you still need to fuse them to make legendaries which has the same chance as for everyone else. So i wouldnt call it p2w, but more like p2improve / p2speedup.

Just switch to spirit BM and you wont care about dps anymore :D Can easily put 10mil dps without much gear :D What is 200k compared to 10mil? Not much I guess.

About the Unity system, they said even in KR its a long-term system that provides bonuses. Eventually (since you play 20h a day) you will catch up to the people who troved their way to legendary (yes, I saw someone with all legendary unity). Its not p2w game or anything, its pay-to-progress-faster way. I highly doubt its 200k from purple to legendary, more like 50-80k on that rank already. Give some solid proof of the 200k dps increase for the same class, gear and unity difference and we will believe you.

Il y a 10 heures, wefhqweig a dit :

I can agree with the point where it's pay 2 win, but I disagree with the severity of it. If you put in as much work as you say you do to keep up and stay maxed, I have a hard time believing you commonly get outperformed by someone with better unity rank.

You're trying to tell me that you have a maxed or near maxed character, you play well, you have a good computer and good ms, but you get outdps'd by someone equally geared and equally skilled with similar fps/ms, because they have a better unity rank and they belittle you because of that?

And you're also saying that you want to quit and throw away all that work because people can drop a few hundred or thousand dollars to quickly max their unity to do 200k more dps than you, and it would take you too long to achieve that?

You probably undestimate max unity, its not just 200K. First its tons of bonus stats. Secondly its got a permantent belt like effect (+200% AP on skill) and third it got permanent 100 AP bonus. All that is enough to be outparsed easily. Its not just pay2win its overwhelming bonuses that are game breaking. To make you understand, imagine if i tell you that VIP have a second belt slot and 2 more gem ? wouldn't you be angry  ?  They removed the pay2win aspect of premium that RU have, they removed the ability to max HM easily that we had atr once ... so i still don't understand why they keep something that is timed gated available to power through. Its much more powerfull then both RU premium bonus and instant hm30 together ! 

Il y a 2 heures, Grimoir a dit :

Not completely true, i made 2 legendaries by fusing 2 purples and rest blue, another clan member made one aswel.  So i wouldnt say its not possible, but its hard, while i think the legendary ones shouldnt be too easily obtainable, the rates should definetely improve a bit, would be even better is there was a % indicator of the chance to get pruple / legendary.

You cant really play "competitive" in this game, especially since damage is mostly ductated by the class, so you can have the same gear, the same everything else as another player but the difference in DPS can still be 3-5 milion.

The only thing you can compete in is gear upgrades and thats about it.

As for trove: the only legendary stones you can get from trove are the 3 main speldor stones. the radiance sparkling chests only give you purples, they cant give legendaries, and they are very rare in trove aswel, so you still need to fuse them to make legendaries which has the same chance as for everyone else. So i wouldnt call it p2w, but more like p2improve / p2speedup.

I have an uncle that found a 10K€ worth treasure in his garden... does not mean everybody will find one ... You were lucky, i have a spreadsheet is over 2K fuse result and trust me fusing 2 at once is under 10% chance and 8 fuse is slightly under 50% and i start to believe legendary fuse are worse then purple ones .... 

There is no 3-5M dps difference in this game except for opening. 
F11 is ranked by CLASS, im totaly destroyed by people of my class with same gear but max unity, how fair is that? wont you call it pay to win ? Everything else can be bought already if you are not a newcomer. 

You are mistaken about p2fast because contrary to everything else in this game this one is TIME GATED and RNG : 
1/ buying trove key/boxes for HM coin is limited to 20 per day
2/ cs & hm are once a day
3/ RNG, you can blow up 50 box and get NOTHING in the end while you will progress for every inch of effort toward any other piece of gear (providing you dont try your luck at PTS).

Yes you can trove your way but its on a whole different level then other stuff. As i could max gems/soul with just gold, its impossible for this one. It cost over 250K gold with AVERAGE luck to max it through spamming CS that mean even at my level of farming 250K / 5K  weeks = 50 weeks ! i know that people that maxed unity bought well over 10K troves keys ! 
This is at least 5500 € ! Are you sane saying its not pay2win? do you live in another planet ? 

Even soul is cheaper, its only about 200 

Il y a 2 heures, NightFer a dit :

Just switch to spirit BM and you wont care about dps anymore :D Can easily put 10mil dps without much gear :D What is 200k compared to 10mil? Not much I guess.

About the Unity system, they said even in KR its a long-term system that provides bonuses. Eventually (since you play 20h a day) you will catch up to the people who troved their way to legendary (yes, I saw someone with all legendary unity). Its not p2w game or anything, its pay-to-progress-faster way. I highly doubt its 200k from purple to legendary, more like 50-80k on that rank already. Give some solid proof of the 200k dps increase for the same class, gear and unity difference and we will believe you.

I suppose you are just trolling. 10M is only on burst with sb (or sustained with KR gear). there are so many bm now that you just end without raid and my class outparse bm on long fights. 

If you play 20H/day you will only get it in 2year while putting 5k euro in the game will get it instantly. meanwhile we'll have awakened legendary stone and much more stuff and game will probably be dead in 2years anyway .... tell me how it is not p2w  are you blind?  

Bonus that you can only get with paying = pay 2 win. You are blind by thinking it is remotely achievable for anybody but people that trove hard. 

Edited by NekoNoKishi

2 minutes ago, NekoNoKishi said:

F11 is ranked by CLASS, im totaly destroyed by people of my class with same gear but max unity, how fair is that? wont you call it pay to win ? Everything else can be bought already if you are not a newcomer. 

Unity is not the only thing that makes a difference....

Ping, rotation, even FPS all that matters when it comes to dps.

you cna have max unity and the same gear as someone other with your class but if his ping / rotation is better he will still destroy you.

Pay2win is when you can get something only by spending money and thats not the case, literally EVERYTINHis obtainable in game (sure its a grind, but its obtainable and that is the difference between p2win or not.)

Also they stated already unity is a long term thing and they do not foresee any changes to it in the near future.

il y a 48 minutes, Grimoir a dit :

Unity is not the only thing that makes a difference....

Ping, rotation, even FPS all that matters when it comes to dps.

you cna have max unity and the same gear as someone other with your class but if his ping / rotation is better he will still destroy you.

Pay2win is when you can get something only by spending money and thats not the case, literally EVERYTINHis obtainable in game (sure its a grind, but its obtainable and that is the difference between p2win or not.)

Also they stated already unity is a long term thing and they do not foresee any changes to it in the near future.

(i already talked about ping, fps , dps you did not read...)

I agree with you definition of Pay2Win : something you can only obtain by spending money.

But what you do not understand is that you can NOT grind max unity legendary jewels. You again did not read.

It cost 10K key at the very least thats 500.000 gold converted into trove key or 250K gold worth of CS reset + orb (if average luck). 
Oh forgot to mention you can only buy 10 reset a day !!!! 
That amount doesn't exist unless on less then 10 person in both NA+EU and they are people that got it through extreme pouring of $$$$ into the game so that exclude them from "free players". 

Since its timed gated it take at the very least 2 year to farm itand  by this time there will be awakened legendary or even worse stuff or game will be dead. 

This mean it is IMPOSSIBLE for free players to achieve through farming/grind.  

If you dont understand that something that require an amount of gold or time that free players dont have is IMPOSSIBLE there is a huge flaw in your logic.

Edited by NekoNoKishi

51 minutes ago, NekoNoKishi said:

It cost 10K key at the very least thats 500.000 gold converted into trove key or 250K gold worth of CS reset + orb (if average luck). 
Oh forgot to mention you can only buy 10 reset a day !!!! 
That amount doesn't exist unless on less then 10 person in both NA+EU and they are people that got it through extreme pouring of $$$$ into the game so that exclude them from "free players". 

Since its timed gated it take at the very least 2 year to farm itand  by this time there will be awakened legendary or even worse stuff or game will be dead. 

This mean it is IMPOSSIBLE for free players to achieve through farming/grind.  

If you dont understand that something that require an amount of gold or time that free players dont have is IMPOSSIBLE there is a huge flaw in your logic.

You are too fixed on the term "now". This is a long term upgrade, meaning over time you can get legendary unity stones you are not supposed to get them NOW because you want them NOW.

Thats why the rest costs are completely irrelevant because if you do it daily you accumulate feathers that you can buy the stones with, no need for resets.

Given it could award a bit more feathers than it currently does, it does not cost any money to get legendary items, especially since i know quite a few players who dont spend money and got at least 1 legendary unity stone in their collection.

il y a 3 minutes, Grimoir a dit :

You are too fixed on the term "now". This is a long term upgrade, meaning over time you can get legendary unity stones you are not supposed to get them NOW because you want them NOW.

Thats why the rest costs are completely irrelevant because if you do it daily you accumulate feathers that you can buy the stones with, no need for resets.

Given it could award a bit more feathers than it currently does, it does not cost any money to get legendary items, especially since i know quite a few players who dont spend money and got at least 1 legendary unity stone in their collection.

What fallacy is that, where did i say i want it now ?  Yes i said i could buy max soul and such day 1. But i never said the word now to describe Unity. all i said is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve in a reasonable timeframe. you put word in my mouth i never pronouced. 2 year is the minimum to achieve it. Do you call it possible? 

It takes 0 days for paid people and a MINIMUM of 2 year for free player to get... how can you call it pay to progress?  

If you compare soul and unity :
Soul =>  you can spam MSP which will give you materials, money, evolved stones or any other money generating stuff (WC, BT, VT, weeklies, event, dailies, etc)
Unity => you can do 1 HM + 11 CS + 1 daily chest + 21 trove key => THE END - GOOD BYE - SAYONARA 

You still call that pay2progress about something that is impossible to grind hence impossible to obtain regardless of effort you put on it?  

Are you a troll? next time you are going to call something that takes 10 years to get pay2progress...not wasting more time to answer your trolling. 

4 hours ago, NekoNoKishi said:

You still call that pay2progress about something that is impossible to grind hence impossible to obtain regardless of effort you put on it?  

Its not impossible, it just takes time. Whenther it takes a year doesn't matter that's the entire point of it being a LONG TERM UPGRADE and not something you should be able to do in a day. If people have that high amounts of money to throw at the game, let them, I can guarantee you that as much as you want to be"competitive" you aren't cause there are tons of players who out damage and outdps you even without any unity.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:02 PM, Grimoir said:

Its not impossible, it just takes time. Whenther it takes a year doesn't matter that's the entire point of it being a LONG TERM UPGRADE and not something you should be able to do in a day. If people have that high amounts of money to throw at the game, let them, I can guarantee you that as much as you want to be"competitive" you aren't cause there are tons of players who out damage and outdps you even without any unity.

Sir, with all due respect, you are either a devout or an idiot. 

I myself spent 1210 KEY in hope to improve my unity to at least 960 stage. That was 60.000 gold hard earned ...  I got 0 increase, 0 legendary, nothing, nada. Instead i could have bought 150 oil from F5 and max my soul ... 

Not only this is pay2win but it is also RNG that all the western community hate in a game and the reason many people leave the game. If the dev dont want to listen to the fact western players hate pay2win stuff they will close the game before a free2play player get max Unity set effect ! 

The reason player like myself came to the game was the fact there is less RNG then other game. Every dungeon give you at least some crystal to upgrade gear. There is a feeling of progression. They even added a 100 sucess to obtain accesories. Raid now drop classless item. They removed most RNG from the game except PTS. So why the *** they introduce unity stone that is the totaly opposite. it is time gated, limited, pay2win and you need luck to progress in it even if you pay. that s*x hard ! 

At the very least there should be a progression bar (like for upgrading accesories exp) so you consume stone to progress by +1 to +5 toward the creation of a new stone. That would be the right spirit at the very least.

And fyki, the simple purchase of gold with $$$ is considered pay2win by 99% of peoples and if you read all pay2win definition around the web they agree. You sound really fishy when i read your comment i wonder if you are not ncsoft employee. What you saying about pay2progress is utter bullsh*t you should know it. 

46 minutes ago, Pinkcloud said:

I myself spent 1210 KEY in hope to improve my unity to at least 960 stage. That was 60.000 gold hard earned ...  I got 0 increase, 0 legendary, nothing, nada. Instead i could have bought 150 oil from F5 and max my soul ... 

If you really spent this much just to try improve your unity from trove....then with all due respect you are the "idiot".

Trove, given that it has sparkling boxes in the reward pool, they were always a reare sight to get, was the same last trove, so purely doing trove for that, you were wayyyyyyyy better off just maxing the soul.

Rng in the game is one thing but this game in no way is p2w as everything can be obtained via regular gameplay, sure it may take a lot of time and grinding, but its all able to be obtained within the game.

49 minutes ago, Pinkcloud said:

At the very least there should be a progression bar (like for upgrading accesories exp) so you consume stone to progress by +1 to +5 toward the creation of a new stone. That would be the right spirit at the very least.

I actually like this idea.....you basically feed a stone "exp" and once full evolve it to the next tier. Ofc if the exp needed is fairly reasonable, not that you need 500 stones for it.

50 minutes ago, Pinkcloud said:

And fyki, the simple purchase of gold with $$$ is considered pay2win by 99% of peoples and if you read all pay2win definition around the web they agree. You sound really fishy when i read your comment i wonder if you are not ncsoft employee. What you saying about pay2progress is utter bullsh*t you should know it. 

Its not really pay2win, because its basically a trade off gold for coins, buying gold will not spare you the time running dungeons for drops. learning mechanics, it may speed things up but its not pay2win because the people selling the gold get coins in return they can use to purchase Hongmoon store items.

Given personally, i dont like the F9 feature itself.

I did Daily on 5 chars every day including HM/CS since Unity was introduced. I got one violet from the daily chest you can obtain, every transformation i tried failed even the system told me i have a highes obtainable chance (using 8 gleaming/shimmering)... Just LoL dont want to know what a low chance would be then...

So yeah, some people maybe wont even obtain a legendary stone even in 10 years with an rng bad as it is

oh and btw @NekoNoKishi its worthless trying to diskuss with Grimoir he even defend NC-Soft for not fixing any bugs and for him everything you say against BnS is plain stupid cause everything is fine as it is, there are no problems [zynism end]

Edited by Merlin DE

If only whenever i got the stone and i transmute... it will yield what i wish it would...but the RNG were simply work against me :JinsoyunPale:

I see no real point maxing Unity stones unless yes, whale or being super lucky.  There is near zero effort involved in getting the result.

On 7/7/2019 at 4:07 AM, NekoNoKishi said:

But now, lets say it clearly. Unity refine splendor system is PAY TO WIN. NO LESS.
1/ It is not achieveable through sheer effort. You would need to spend 49 HM for a CS reset .. on average it cost about 100g for 1 blue box (not including merchant) .... probably about 1000g for a purple fuse and over 10K gold for a legendary .... you need 25 of them not including Ascension stone which you can only MAYBE obtain once a day (you need RNG to get a purple box and then even more RNG for a leg one!). basicaly even for a crazy farmer like myself it would take a year of gold to get it .... for a regular player i would say 5 year maybe 10 probably never ... 

No one said you had to use the Refine Splendor System. Like every other system in the game, it relies on percent (%) chances to earn a higher-grade item from refining, but if it's that bad as you say, why do it?

The Unity Splendor system itself isn't P2W because the stones can be bought for 5 [Frozen Feathers], which are easily obtainable by doing CS and HM. So, the actual refining system is by chance, but working to get the stones needed to refine IS obtainable by effort. Since you're a player who farms for Purple and Legendary Splendor Stones, then I can see where you're coming from, as I tried going for Purple myself, and the percent chances aren't fair. However, I don't agree with it taking a regular player 5 years to get a Legendary stone, so that's a bit exaggerated and out-of-place.

2/ it is game breaking , with it you will do 100-200k more dps from the +AP% bonus on skill and even more from the PERMANENT 100 AP ... how fair is that !?

If it's against PvE monsters, when does it matter whether it's fair or not? You're fighting AI, not players with emotion who react to things considered "overpowered" or "broken." If I can kill high-leveled dungeon bosses very quickly, what's wrong with that? It makes farming for mats. much easier and less time-consuming.

If the Unity system applied for PvP, which I'm sure it doesn't, then it would be game-breaking because higher-leveled Unity players would outmatch the lower-leveled ones. The boost in stats would just be a nightmare to deal with for players who aren't even high-leveled in Unity, and it wouldn't make sense as to why it would apply to PvP to begin with. The point of the Unity system is to create a form of progress, w/ the reward being boosted stats, and Unity can only be leveled at Level 60, so it isn't easily accessible until a character hits that level.

3/ it is RNG ! that mean you can spend 500K gold and still be stuck in purple ! 

What else is new? This entire game is a gambling simulator for how it's 80% RNG, 20% gameplay.

4/ time gated => you can only buy 10 CS reset a day ! 

And that's bad... why?? For someone who farms as much as you do, I wouldn't think this would be relevant, but somehow it is??