Game is worse because have a lot of freezes and fps drops

Namikagejoel

Good Afternoon ncsoft,

Seriously you have to fix the performances issues because the game has never, performed this badly for any of us before.It have a lot of freezes on the dungeons and Many people play with 10FPS at mushin tower and other peoples crash the game .We players tried to do everything to improve the performance such as remove effects , disable skills for other players use hongmoon outfit during SoulBurn ,Minimum settings, Tinkering with NVIDIA profiles and now this dont help anymore because We all are freezing on Dungeons and raids.Please instead if putting new content ,try to fix the game issues like improve the ping and correct other issues such as freezes and fps drops.One of the reasons that people are quiting the game is because the bad optimization, and if this persist I have to quit as well , I love playing this game but with this optimization I can´t play anymoore. Here are one example that I found:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/442227367?t=01h06m09s

and please listen this guy he can explain better than me:

thanks for the attention

Edited by Namikagejoel
to add more information

• NCSOFT

Hi all,

We have heard you. Please never think for a second that we would ignore your feedback. Sometimes we are actively discussing issues in the background while we are waiting for feedback from the development team. In these cases, it is sometimes difficult to comment until there is something more tangible and substantial to talk about. The performance issues are not only the biggest concern within the community since the latest update arrived, rest assured these issues are also on top of our priority list right now.

We are sorry that many of you cannot experience Blade & Soul as we would like you to. We are actively discussing with the developers how to resolve this for you and since there is not only a single issue that needs to be addressed, but the game performance in general, at this point in time, we can't go into the nitty-gritty. Please be assured, there will be adjustments coming to address the most severe performance related issues, and we are working hard to bring them into the game as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we can't give you a date yet, but we are working on having those adjustments being introduced in the next update, which we have not yet announced. We acknowledge what you are currently struggling with in-game, and we would like to thank you for your patience and your commitment to the game. Please bear with us, we are planning to make an announcement relatively soon.

• Like 3

On 2019-07-11 at 12:18 PM, Baskerville said:

Hi all,

We have heard you. Please never think for a second that we would ignore your feedback. Sometimes we are actively discussing issues in the background while we are waiting for feedback from the development team. In these cases, it is sometimes difficult to comment until there is something more tangible and substantial to talk about. The performance issues are not only the biggest concern within the community since the latest update arrived, rest assured these issues are also on top of our priority list right now.

We are sorry that many of you cannot experience Blade & Soul as we would like you to. We are actively discussing with the developers how to resolve this for you and since there is not only a single issue that needs to be addressed, but the game performance in general, at this point in time, we can't go into the nitty-gritty. Please be assured, there will be adjustments coming to address the most severe performance related issues, and we are working hard to bring them into the game as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we can't give you a date yet, but we are working on having those adjustments being introduced in the next update, which we have not yet announced. We acknowledge what you are currently struggling with in-game, and we would like to thank you for your patience and your commitment to the game. Please bear with us, we are planning to make an announcement relatively soon.

Even if you wouldn’t bring as good news as you did, just having someone from your team mention the issues we’ve been facing means incredibly much. Thanks!

Am 11.7.2019 um 12:18 schrieb Baskerville:

We have heard you. Please never think for a second that we would ignore your feedback.

Sorry to say @Baskerville but who you try to fool and who should take you serious?
Over 10 Month and not only my friendslist still doenstn work, i cant see my friends, neither they can see me, and all you hear is "We know about your problem and working on it"
Either your "Dev-Team" is incapable or they simply dont care. At least NC-Soft doesnt care about the players who are affected, cause they dont even bother to offer the tiniest compensation while not fixing the problem after 10+ month. Lets say it clear, they simply dont care, as long as enough ppl keep cashing.

Same thing you could say for any preformance issues. Since the first problems came up, about 3 Years ago, you keep telling us you are working on a solution, but with every new content added, we got more and more preformance issues so who should still belive your statement?

Clean up your code, get rid of transfering items one by one, instead transfer the selectet amount as one stack, would reduce a lot of database updates and serverload, they are just annoying time-sinks anyway

Stop adding high preformance using particle effects or at least give an option to disable them (for example visual effects of the Unity point system) 

Just to mention some easy to do fixes
There are many hints here in the forum but no on listen, at least in the last 3 years...

20 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

Sorry to say @Baskerville but who you try to fool and who should take you serious?
Over 10 Month and not only my friendslist still doenstn work, i cant see my friends, neither they can see me, and all you hear is "We know about your problem and working on it"
Either your "Dev-Team" is incapable or they simply dont care. At least NC-Soft doesnt care about the players who are affected, cause they dont even bother to offer the tiniest compensation while not fixing the problem after 10+ month. Lets say it clear, they simply dont care, as long as enough ppl keep cashing.

Same thing you could say for any preformance issues. Since the first problems came up, about 3 Years ago, you keep telling us you are working on a solution, but with every new content added, we got more and more preformance issues so who should still belive your statement?

Clean up your code, get rid of transfering items one by one, instead transfer the selectet amount as one stack, would reduce a lot of database updates and serverload, they are just annoying time-sinks anyway

Stop adding high preformance using particle effects or at least give an option to disable them (for example visual effects of the Unity point system) 

There are many hints here in the forum but no on listen, at least in the last 3 years...

We don't know 100% as to why content keeps being added and the optimization problems aren't being resolved, and continuing to lean off of the "not care" reason for everything is starting to get a bit old.

You don't work for NCSOFT, and neither do I. While all of our assumptions are easily-based off of what's being brought before us (poor optimization issues, poorly-designed events, terrible Trove, etc.), it would probably be best to take a step back and think of all these problems rising from the developers, programmers, and designers not fulfilling the expectations off their jobs. 

If they didn't care, there wouldn't be content coming out at all. I'm pretty sure they care, but they're failing at their respective jobs, which shows from everyone yelling at NCSOFT after an update is announced, then released, on top of optimization issues still not being resolved, and bugs still lingering about. Whether all these issues stem from greed, we don't really know, and we continue using that as the reason because everyone else does.

No thankfully i do not work for NC-Soft, and honestly i would be ashamed. Im not a professional payed coder but was involved into some adons / mods for PHPBB2 and 3 Forum-software. I learned how to code clean and gentle on preformance espacialy when it comes to database access.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Snowyamur:

If they didn't care, there wouldn't be content coming out at all. I'm pretty sure they care, but they're failing at their respective jobs

Honestly?

Thats not care, cause the only thing they care is cashflow. They have to release new contentend, to get the most possible cash out of the playerbase.
Check the forums for people who have problems with their friends list not working. Most of us are affected by a not working friendslist for more than 10 month. Do they care? NO they dont, cause it simply dont bring money to fix it, while new content does. If F10 would have any problem, they would fix it in a few minutes.
As a coder i know its hard to debug code and find / fix an error, but come on, we are talking about professional studied and hired coders not about some unpaid selfeducated hobbycoders (who would have for sure found and fixed the problem already) and they are not able to locate the problem since 10+ month?

There are only 2 options, either they are totaly incapable or they just dont care

And you realy think they care, just because they add new contend?
2.5 years from formaly 12 EU servers to just 1 server left, players still leaving and they still dont care. Well ok they care as far as keep promising to hear us and try to fix the problems, but thats what they already did the last 3 years. In the end not much have changed. 

Some day the same will happend to BnS like it did to MxM, they simply announce they will shut down the server on date X

Adding something is better than the company adding nothing at all to the game. If the game was not updated for months, or nothing new was added for months, just being bug fixes and maintenance, people would get bored of the game and leave. It's not just optimization issues that'll cause players to leave; it's the lack of content as well.

Not everyone has the optimization issues being mentioned constantly across the forums. Because of this, while said issues would definitely be a huge good in the right direction for this game, NCSOFT central needs to also focus on keeping their player base attracted to the game. If people find this game lackluster, they decide not to play it; unfortunately, given how poorly-optimized this game is, adding more content will actually work as a trap to lure players into a game they won't enjoy because they can't even play it. But that's not my point.

The point is that there needs to be a balance between content vs. optimization fixes, and while everyone wants optimization fixes, NCSOFT central needs to care about having a fair-paced flow of content as well. I know people want to just play the game, which is what I want as well, but this point needs to be understood so as to make sense of why content is still being added amidst the UE4 argument.

7 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

Im not a professional payed coder but was involved into some adons / mods for PHPBB2 and 3 Forum-software. I learned how to code clean and gentle on preformance espacialy when it comes to database access.

Okay, and that's fine. Good for you that you worked modifying other games through PHPBB2 and 3-Forum software, but that means you're a freelance programmer, not an employed one. Being a freelance programmer vs. an employed one is different when it comes to what you can and can't do, but the job is nonetheless the same when it comes to what role you play. Both roles still code, so there's nothing different there.

When you're freelance, you can do whatever you want because you aren't under the watch or direction of company executives and producers. When you're employed, you're restricted only to what the company asks of you. I've done modding myself, and I can say that while not being an employed programmer, I have much more freedom, time, and pace with what I want to program and how I want to code. If I was employed as a programmer by a company, I'm limited in what I can do because I have to follow what the company wants, not what I want.

Edited by Snowyamur
Removed some info. to add in another post; made this one too long to read

Given you've done database coding in PHP yourself, why are you rambling about NCSOFT central being greedy and not coming up with solutions for them to use? That's what I don't get. It sounds like you genuinely care about this game, and yelling at them for how greedy they are won't change anything because they chose to ignore that after the past year and a half of people doing this. They will, however, listen to solutions if you have them that doesn't come across as "fix your code" because problems are not simply resolved like that. You can't just "fix your code" and make things all better; there's more to that. 

People on these forums continue mentioning how they're coders, game programmers, and game designers, but they aren't coming up with solutions that could potentially fix these issues. All I see is nothing but verbal aggression and less problem-solving. Sounds a bit strange to me, and it raises my own suspicion that those who say they're programmers are actually lying when they aren't helping to provide solutions to the issues still present in this game.

These are just my thoughts. I'm not attacking people who claim to be programmers, but I'm questioning why, as programmers, they aren't working to provide solutions and are instead coming on to be verbally aggressive against this game and the company. I know people hate NCSOFT for failing to see the bigger picture, and that's understandable, but maybe constructive, and not "fix your code," feedback is needed, not just hate mail.

On 7/11/2019 at 6:18 AM, Baskerville said:

Hi all,

Appreciate the fact that our feedback is at the very least being voiced to the devs, just hope they do their part.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:08 AM, Merlin DE said:

Not sure why you're ignorantly bashing a "community coordinator" Seems somewhere in that mumbo you have a vague idea that game changes aren't made by them, they just communicate what we're asking for then it's up to the dev team and higher ups on what actually gets done and given to us. Baskerville is sstill doing their part to help the sorry whiners who don't take them serious.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Snowyamur:

People on these forums continue mentioning how they're coders, game programmers, and game designers, but they aren't coming up with solutions that could potentially fix these issues.

One massive waste of serverload for example is the function of taking parts from your chest (where the daily dash Stuff is stored) to your inventory. Every item is transfered one by one.

So when you take the max of 30 Items ot of the chest it will take a minimum of 60 Database updates, 30 for the chest and 30 for your inventory. this maybe was meant as a time sink, we have a lot of them in the game, but it still causes  massive database access. So do we need this timesink, do we need to transfer items one by one instead of transfering a complete stack of 30 items at once and only need 2 database updates?
100 People are transfering items, wow 600 database updates, thats what i call a massive waste of ressources. But i already explained this in another thread.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb wefhqweig:

Not sure why you're ignorantly bashing a "community coordinator" Seems somewhere in that mumbo you have a vague idea that game changes aren't made by them, they just communicate what we're asking for then it's up to the dev team and higher ups on what actually gets done and given to us. Baskerville is sstill doing their part to help the sorry whiners who don't take them serious.

I know that the Communty mamager cant do any changes and only can forward problems to the Devs.
Anyway. Im playing BnS over 3 years, so many bugs, problems, suggestions have been reportet / made and jet you never heard somthing about it again.
As a community manager its your work to keep up the communication between the Devs and the community. Here we have a one way communication  community -> forum and most time no feedback.

When there is a feedback its almost just hollow phrases like "We hear you" or "We are working on it" but nothing happens. Problems are hushed up untill they fall into oblivion.

See my text about the friendlist bug. More and more people are affected by a not working friendslist (i am affected since 10+ month, a friend even some times longer)
You realy think 10 Month++ is not enough to locate and fix a problem? When F10 doesnt work they imediatly initiate an emergency maintenanc, every thing else? who cares? as long as the shop works.  Putting of people until they give up and stay silence or just leave the game nothing more, nothing less.

@Merlin DE

Let's look at this from a different point of view. If I was a game developer and have a game that has some bugs. Now if I know I am working on a new better version, in this case it would be old UE3 version into new UE4 version, I would NOT bother fixing any bugs in the old version unless it is very urgent and game breaking. Why? Because it would a complete waste of time. Yes, players would have to endure the bugs until new version comes out but I would rather do that than fix the old version, then convert old version into new version which most likely WILL break 90% of the code and forces me to redo entire game code all over again anyways because stuff has changed in the engine.

That's just my opinion about it. Assuming that's what the BnS devs are doing of course. It's a different matter if that is not the case.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Amarathiel:

Now if I know I am working on a new better version, in this case it would be old UE3 version into new UE4 version, I would NOT bother fixing any bugs in the old version.

Well look at the playerbase. They even had to make one server for everyone which tells us there are not enough players for 2 servers. (I dont belive them that it was due to better technologie and upgrading)

You cannot LFP most current Dungeons and PVP is played by like 5 - 10 Players. It even takes minutes to get a party up if you search manually. Do you really think this game is gonna survive till UE4 ? Which will come like December 2020 probably if it ever comes. They announced a PS4 version in 2017 aswell btw. have you ever heared anything about this after 2017 ?

It`s not only them not fixing bugs they dont listen to the community aswell in terms of game improvements or if they announce stuff which like 99% of the community dosent want.

Would have loved to play it on Console thou if it would run like Tera does.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

On 11/07/2019 at 11:18 AM, Baskerville said:

Hi all,

I hope you can correct that on future! You really need because this game have a good potential and you should not waste it.

thanks

Namikage