Forums

[REQUEST] Korean client for our playerbase (optimized)

FinalLight

Hi there,

It has come to notice that our region is pretty much the only one with the horrible framerate drops, stutters, and below average fps.
While watching Korean players, streamers for example with worse systems run the game incredibly smooth on max settings.

We EU players mostly use Combat optimization,  lower settings, use bnsbuddy to squeeze out every bit of fps we can get, even CTRL+F.
Some players even disable animations which honestly takes away all the fun of the game seeing static models move around or simple stand there.

My suggestion is that NCSoft EU/NA requests the korean client from NCSoft KR.
So that we get their textures, shaders, configs whatever it is that they have which makes their game run better.
The translation UPK files or whatever it is that does the localization for us can be kept.

To our huge dissapointment UE4 will not be coming out again this year, it keeps getting delayed.

We know that the Unreal Engine 4 upgrade to Blade & Soul has been on everyone’s mind, and while we don’t anticipate the game upgrade to happen this year, rest assured that development is progressing and we hope to be able to share some more news about it in the coming months.

People have been asking ANY kind of fix to make it even a little bit better for years now.
I simply don't understand why we are being neglected as a community.
People are leaving the game, several clan members also left over the years cuz of the performance.
Not because they don't like the content, but cause they are fed up not being able to DPS properly cuz of these fps drops. (yes low fps impacts overall dps)

Please for the love of god JUST ONCE hear us & DO SOMETHING.
We are happy with all the new content, expansions, new classes etc.
But we rather have butter smooth gameplay than some new content, which i'm pretty sure everyone would prefer.

That was my rant & request.
Hope it will be heard as I think i'm voicing the opinions and thoughts of many players.

Kind Regards,

Legendary King

Edited by FinalLight
typo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, FinalLight said:

We EU players mostly use Combat optimization,  lower settings, use bnsbuddy to squeeze out every bit of fps we can get, even CTRL+F.
Some players even disable animations which honestly takes away all the fun of the game seeing static models move around or simple stand there.

My suggestion is that NCSoft EU/NA requests the korean client from NCSoft KR.
So that we get their textures, shaders, configs whatever it is that they have which makes their game run better.
The translation UPK files or whatever it is that does the localization for us can be kept.

Not sure if you saw it, but i tihnk it was on reddit where someone provided proof that exactly due to the localizations our client runs bad, because the KR client doesnt use translations, as its already coded that way and that is what makes the huge performance difference and why you feel the game getting worse with every new patch that adds new content.

I wanted to post a link but couldnt find it >.<

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Not sure if you saw it, but i tihnk it was on reddit where someone provided proof that exactly due to the localizations our client runs bad, because the KR client doesnt use translations, as its already coded that way and that is what makes the huge performance difference and why you feel the game getting worse with every new patch that adds new content.

( you aren't the first to mention it, a couple others also did )
If this is truly the case, then NCwest needs to change their localization methods and fix this.
I have 0 hopes for UE4 if they mess up something so simple.

I've been talking to people about this issue since i created this post & legit everyone lost faith in NCwest.
If they prioritized on fixing things like performance issues before trowing random content at us more people would have sticked around.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FinalLight said:

( you aren't the first to mention it, a couple others also did )
If this is truly the case, then NCwest needs to change their localization methods and fix this.
I have 0 hopes for UE4 if they mess up something so simple.

I've been talking to people about this issue since i created this post & legit everyone lost faith in NCwest.
If they prioritized on fixing things like performance issues before trowing random content at us more people would have sticked around.

Well i mean i do think UE4 will bring some improvements, but i wouldnt expect miracles.

But i agree if that is the case they really need to find a better way for it.

• Like 1

• NCSOFT

Hi @Grimoir,

53 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

We would like to verify if those claims hold true. If you can provice us with a link, we am happy to escalate and investigate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baskerville said:

Hi @Grimoir,

We would like to verify if those claims hold true. If you can provice us with a link, we am happy to escalate and investigate.

here is the video proof of the huge difference between KR client and our client using the same PC and the same class:

Specific attention to the quote:

"About the EU vs KR performance comparison, a lot of the lag comes from the way they handle translations. After seeing the translation files it's clear that KR uses hardcoded strings, while the EU client goes though a "filter" that maps the KR strings into EN strings. Even with a hashing function/table that will take a lot more CPU power than using simple english keys (KR symbols use up more bytes than simple english letters)."

• Like 3

• NCSOFT
51 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

here is the video proof of the huge difference between KR client and our client using the same PC and the same class:

Specific attention to the quote:

"About the EU vs KR performance comparison, a lot of the lag comes from the way they handle translations. After seeing the translation files it's clear that KR uses hardcoded strings, while the EU client goes though a "filter" that maps the KR strings into EN strings. Even with a hashing function/table that will take a lot more CPU power than using simple english keys (KR symbols use up more bytes than simple english letters)."

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will forward it. Obviously, I can't say if this claim has any validity at this point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baskerville said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will forward it. Obviously, I can't say if this claim has any validity at this point.

I suggest the dev team plays KR & EU/NA one side by side to see the differences with same specs.

NCWest rly need to do something wit this game optimisation 

with my pc spec with all settings at 1 only textures and character details on 5 cuz if i put those on 1 too game look's horible then a game released in 2000 ... 

my pc spec's 

Ryzen 7 2700x 3,8 

16gb ddr4 3000 mhz

rx570 4 gb at 256 bits 

and i run this game on a SSD m.2 

i also run the game with bns buddy and in dungeons ,raids(mostly when the burst starts),very populatede area's  and some portion's of some map's frame drop is horible its low down to like 10-15 fps for first 10 -15 sec ....

why this game must be such a  thing compared with most of the new released game's then BNS...

i just hope they will focus on they'r game on West to optimize cuz i dont see any other fun to play this anymore

On 7/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, Baskerville said:

Hi @Grimoir,

it's a comment from this thread.

"

wariatu 10 points 6 days ago 

From what someone posted on discord:

About the EU vs KR performance comparison, a lot of the lag comes from the way they handle translations. After seeing the translation files it's clear that KR uses hardcoded strings, while the EU client goes though a "filter" that maps the KR strings into EN strings. Even with a hashing function/table that will take a lot more CPU power than using simple english keys (KR symbols use up more bytes than simple english letters)."

NCWest should know if that's true or not, it should be a simple yes or no answer from you guys whether it's true or not. if you guys don't even know how the game client you provide to the players functions, then I don't even know what to say... and if it is true (which i'm pretty sure it is), then I really hope that UE4 won't be doing the same kind of translation/localization because we'd all be waiting for nothing if that is the case.

Edited by Smo

Just scrolling through the comments, people leaving the game.
Same in faction chat, they are all leaving one by one.
over 20 clan members left in the period of 2 months cuz of FPS issues..
I honestly don't want BnS to die, it's a great game but holy ... the fps issues are friggin horrible.

I even skip my dailies most of the times cuz I simply don't want to run F8 stutter fest with freezing/lowfps combat @ 10~20fps.
I even drop to 4~5fps in heavens mandate for some reason haha, I legit ALT F4'd one time cuz of that.

I quit this game mostly due to performance issues, after playing it for 3 years started when the servers opened until 1 month ago. I got tired of having 10 fps in raids when other games run perfect even with better graphics. Don't see myself coming back even if they ever release the new engine... i personally dont think it will happen why spend money on ancient game thats already dying. NCsoft has never been a company that spends money much on anything and are quick to sell games that dont give them enough or close them completely.

I'll just wait until something better comes along until that im happy with my single players or FF14 no stress about grinding and no lag issues. Lurking on the forums and reddit is still enjoyable to see how this game is going forward and will it end up being sold like Aion was.

Edited by Misaki
  • Like 1

I'm not trying to be funny or gimmicky or anything, I'm just speaking my mind here:

I'd rather learn the Korean language using their client and playing the game on better performance, than having this "localized" client, just because everything is in English on such a rudimentary performance.

You guys do a good job I'm sure, but there needs to come a point where we have to be realistic and admit faults, inadequacies and lack-ofs. This is not something you can afford to sweep under the rug, and all theories, suspicions, finger-pointing and circle jerkings aside... this client is not playable! Every day... LITERALLY EVERY DAY, i play this game, and launch the client, I get a new fault/error/issue, and it's like a series papercut wounds, it doesn't hurt, it doesn't bleed, but I can't stop thinking about the thing, and it's always going to distract me

I'm fed up of playing on 5-10 fps during raids, especially on the gearing route this game demands of you and I'm sick of knowing that my performance is based on a dice roll without any ability to optimize or better my chances and performance by lowering settings. It doesn't have any impact

It's not something you can side-track or just shrug off and kid yourself because it's not enjoyable under these guises.

• Like 2

I stopped to log in too for about a week, it's just not enjoyable. Every time I think about the game I get goosebumps, so shitty it became. There is literally no activity left that is fun and doesn't lag. All raids, all new dungeons are lagging trash. And that attitude... to game and players from NSWest... You crossed line long time ago - were just squezzing a game and dropped the ball on perfomance, lost huge playerbase cause were adding more and more lagging trash to 1 core engine but now you on high speed left that line and flew far far away from it. That is not how you treat your customers, no-no-no. Honestly I am glad people are quitting. I love B&S, but your version of B&S compare to KR became a complete unplayable garbage. I tested it many times, in diferent locations, in different days, different time, B&S perfomance on EU is worse than on KR and I see only 2 reasons for that - either your client is trash or your server is trash. There is no point to prolong such pathetic project. Koreans either fix it here or all players will leave. That is fair. Those who will stay are 5GHz guys with liquid cooling will get bored of playing with each other. You... me... and that's it. Looks like you can't hold people by only adding shining swords, trove and other crap. Every patch it's worse and worse, every patch I ask who needs all that crap when the whole game became one big lagging trash and so-so lagging trash for only owners of 5GHz cores. Only you guys, only you, Players need perfomance.

Edited by Poporo

Don't get me wrong, the optimization for this game is REALLY BAD, but I'm curious to know what computers you guys are running to say you're running at 10 FPS. Granted, I run at low FPS myself, but if you don't have a computer or laptop that's designed for gaming and you have something else, maybe that's one of the issues that needs to be resolved first.

Well i have a GAMING laptop which is playing other better looking games with high settings just fine but BNS coughs blood. Ok now you can say oh boohoo laptop but i know people with really good gaming computers that are having issues with this game so this get new computers doesnt work anymore.

My main class warlock became a lagfest after the awakening which made the game even worse. I've never played any other mmorg where i have to install another program to get extra fps because the game cannot be played properly without it.

I would have preferred korean language anyways in the game...english dub is just horrid. I can understand the english subs being made but why didnt they give us the option to have original language at least... Anyways the game is crappily optimized even NASA computer would cough blood with this game.

Edited by Misaki

1 hour ago, Misaki said:

Well i have a GAMING laptop which is playing other better looking games with high settings just fine but BNS coughs blood. Ok now you can say oh boohoo laptop but i know people with really good gaming computers that are having issues with this game so this get new computers doesnt work anymore.

My main class warlock became a lagfest after the awakening which made the game even worse. I've never played any other mmorg where i have to install another program to get extra fps because the game cannot be played properly without it.

I would have preferred korean language anyways in the game...english dub is just horrid. I can understand the english subs being made but why didnt they give us the option to have original language at least... Anyways the game is crappily optimized even NASA computer would cough blood with this game.

Don't put words in my mouth. I play Blade & Soul on a gaming laptop as well; you don't think I know how bad the issues are? I just said the game still has REALLY BAD optimization; the reason I bought up the specs is because if people are running this game on potato PCs and laptops, it's not the game's fault right away as the first sign; it's their horrible PC/ laptop.

Some people read into how bad the optimization is and don't think, "Hmm, what if my PC/ laptop just can't run the game because the hardware is too weak to run it?" They immediately conclude that the game is trash and quit, when they don't realize that maybe their PC/laptop is bad. It's a matter of analyzing the problem more in-depth than taking everything people say at surface-level as 100% "correct."

Also, no, I don't recommend people immediately going into buying a new PC/ laptop because that would be rushing it. The best thing to do would be to find out what the minimum specs are to run this game FIRST, then make a choice. But given that people still lag, then it's clear this game is poorly optimized, which I know as well as you that that's the issue already.

It's already been made clear countless times how bad the optimization for this game is; we're going in circles at this point.

53 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

Don't put words in my mouth. I play Blade & Soul on a gaming laptop as well; you don't think I know how bad the issues are? I just said the game still has REALLY BAD optimization; the reason I bought up the specs is because if people are running this game on potato PCs and laptops, it's not the game's fault right away as the first sign; it's their horrible PC/ laptop.

Some people read into how bad the optimization is and don't think, "Hmm, what if my PC/ laptop just can't run the game because the hardware is too weak to run it?" They immediately conclude that the game is trash and quit, when they don't realize that maybe their PC/laptop is bad. It's a matter of analyzing the problem more in-depth than taking everything people say at surface-level as 100% "correct."

Also, no, I don't recommend people immediately going into buying a new PC/ laptop because that would be rushing it. The best thing to do would be to find out what the minimum specs are to run this game FIRST, then make a choice. But given that people still lag, then it's clear this game is poorly optimized, which I know as well as you that that's the issue already.

It's already been made clear countless times how bad the optimization for this game is; we're going in circles at this point.

Sorry but you talk cr4p like most people do acting like everyone with fps issues have a bad system.
A couple clan members run a OC'd 9700k,  a friend even uses a 9900k  with pretty damn good GPU's.
And even they have this stutter fest, can't hit 60fps properly in a raid without ctrl F & lowered settings etc.

Now if you really think you have some kinda special client that runs smooth for you, feel free to record it with your FPS showing to show "us potato pc players" we are wrong.

Edited by FinalLight
filter issues

My PC client is no more special than others. If you can't make a point and act civil in this conversation without cursing, claiming that I act like "most people do" when you lack evidence to support your claim, you don't have a point at all @FinalLight.

Sorry, I just won't afford to spend time trying to reason with people like you, who curse like that when I approached calmly about this topic.

2 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

My PC client is no more special than others. If you can't make a point and act civil in this conversation without cursing, claiming that I act like "most people do" when you lack evidence to support your claim, you don't have a point at all @FinalLight.

Sorry, I just won't afford to spend time trying to reason with people like you, who curse like that when I approached calmly about this topic.

I wasn't even cursing at you or being uncivilized but sure, if you can't backup your claims you aren't even worth commenting to. (nice filter ncsoft)
And yes offcourse I do have a point.
You claim that our bad performance stems from our lack of computing power.

it's not the game's fault right away as the first sign; it's their horrible PC/ laptop.

Now kindly stop replying here if you are going to stoop as low as bashing on people their experiences or calling people uncivilized cuz you can't proof your point.

Well, the game's poorly optimized, but if people are running it on low-tier PCs/ laptops, but whine about the game not running well first-hand without acknowledging this, I'd consider what the first problem is here.

Of course, trying to prove my point would be fruitless considering you're just bashing at me immaturely, so I'll stop now.

Define low-tier ?
I can understand that certain rigs are simply not enough for bns.

But in all fairness if this game was ACTUALLY optimized.
A simple system with a mediocore 3th 4th gen i5 cpu at stock with a GTX 970 would run this perfect above 100fp in combat.

But that is simply not the case unfortunately.
The only thing i'm bashing you on is that you immediately presume that people with FPS issues have bad rigs.
But at least you admit that the game is poorly optimized so at least we have some common ground there. 

a) just because a shop slaps a "gaming" sticker on something doesn't mean it will run games properly and b) they said in there first post, bold and underlined, that it was really badly optimized but apparently reading is difficult for you...