Use of [censored] scripts for AFK fishing in B&S

CrazyDude90

Oh and before i forgot this @Fiana and @Grimoir :

I understand that people use B&S buddy because the game runs bad.

I understant that people use macros in raid and dungeons which is better then hurting his fingers on some classes that spam their skills like hell.

I undertand that people using simple mode because they dont want to learn rotations or are lazy.

Thats no problem for me... BUT... i am really against Bots/Scripts which do the work for you (while you are AFK).

And i really hope now you know what i meant and the post is clearer now. ;)

Edited by CrazyDude90

1 minute ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

@Fiana I'm sorry but your comment about you must use a macro in order to do the correct rotation..I play all classes just about and have yet to find one that I can't manual. Sure the timing might not be ideal but that is a whole another topic about damage per second and how after a certain point it just numbers to stroke one's ego.

yes as you said, i use macro for FM fire rotation, because if iam not,.. i can't play this class at all, i want to switch to another class but the cost to build from start is really expensive, so i just have to "deal" with it

well, if ncsoft suddenly said any kind of macro is forbiden, then i have no choice but leave the game because the FM class is unplayable for me
not only that i also use ping reducer, because if iam not my ping will be around 500ms, with ping reduce i can get around 300ms, barely playable for some class, and absolute nightmare for other class

i can't do rotation -> i can't dps -> i can't do any dungeon -> i can't do any raid -> i can't progress

i like the game, i really do, i've also have play since open beta but only for 2-3 hours each day after work, but if ncsoft want to enforce their rules.. i have not choice but to follow what @Grimoir said, to look to another game that less punishing

maybe i have to leave the mmorpg genre and go back to normal pc game, only time could tell

48 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

you should first educate yourself before you post things that are completely not true.......bns buddy does not remove load screens, all bns buddy does is change the load screen to a pure black screen without any image, and no there is literally no possible way you can cheat with bns buddy, and even IF there was a way, the bns buddy developer would literally block it by himself. The replacement of the load image with a black screen does not speed up the loading, its just preventing game crashes.

So do not speak on a topic if you do not understand how things work.

well you can follow your advice and start by learning to read. 

When did I say that bns buddy remove load screens?

Yes for sure like they did when ppl use bns buddy for XML editers. they instantly removed this functionality. right? 

• NCSOFT

Hello all,

We do not want to remove discussions about issues that affect your game experience, especially in a negative way, however, we chose to remove the name of the software due to concerns that this could lead to more usage, we don't want to encourage others to use software that is against the Terms of Service.

Please always remember :

You may not use any third-party program (such as a "bot") in order to automate gameplay functions, including playing, chatting, interacting or gathering items within Blade & Soul. You may not assist, relay or store items for other players who are using these processes.

We know that you are very vocal about this issue right now, and we've escalated your concerns. For the time being, if you suspect a player using third party software that automates gameplay to get an unfair advantage over others, please report this to our Customer Support Team

5 minutes ago, Baskerville said:

Hello all,

We do not want to remove discussions about issues that affect your game experience, especially in a negative way, however, we chose to remove the name of the software due to concerns that this could lead to more usage, we don't want to encourage others to use software that is against the Terms of Service.

You dont want to encourage others to use software that is against the Terms of Service. but you/NCS also do not want to stop this. and make ppl respect the Terms of Service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LilyFU said:

You dont want to encourage others to use software that is against the Terms of Service. but you/NCS also do not want to stop this. and make ppl respect the Terms of Service.

xD because 3752 players mean something to NC :)

41 minutes ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

I'm not one to complain and which you know that and I have posted previously that if they actually enforced their own ToS a lot of players would be gone, which is why they should of enforced it since day 1. You want better ping? Get better internet and play on a region close to you. If no region is available? Deal with it or find another game. If you need to use a script to auto fish or auto anything other then combat? Just don't do it. Lets face it, if you fish for 1 day fully you are done with fishing with regards to this current event (you'll have more then enough points). The game runs just fine on any computer. While you might not get max frames or able to have it set on high settings it is still playable. I'm used to playing this on my office computer desktop with bare min. specs in order to play it and do just fine. If you don't meet the min. specs required then really you should be upgrading your computer and not relying on some program to let you play. Specs will increase slightly when we get UE4.

All in all I stand by my earlier comment. If you have to bot / glitch something in order to do it/run it/obtain it then you probably shouldn't be doing the thing in the first place. Don't have time to fish? Then just don't bother doing it. @Fiana I'm sorry but your comment about you must use a macro in order to do the correct rotation..I play all classes just about and have yet to find one that I can't manual. Sure the timing might not be ideal but that is a whole another topic about damage per second and how after a certain point it just numbers to stroke one's ego.

I agree with you, but the only reason a certain software is used is because it actually makes the game playable for a large amount of players as it provides optimizations which the client does not have, so before they actually takes steps towards that they should first eliminate the cause of it rather than focus on the software that helps mitigate the issues.

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb LilyFU:

Every time i write a ticket because of people used speedhacks... being afk in dungeons... or because players harassed other players.. .i was always asking myself if something will happen or if i waste my time writing tickets because of rules which ncwest dont care about. :/

@Baskerville First of all thanks for the answer.

BUT:

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Baskerville:

We know that you are very vocal about this issue right now, and we've escalated your concerns. For the time being, if you suspect a player using third party software that automates gameplay to get an unfair advantage over others, please report this to our Customer Support Team

If you're supposed to suspect something like that, it's nothing but guessing. So i would have to report min. 50% of the community. That cant be the solution here. :/

Don't you make this very easy for yourselves by making the players almost "guess" whether someone is playing by themselves or with scripts/3rd party programs?

Isn't that also your task to enforce your own rules?

Blade and Soul is the first MMORPG where I have to ask this kind of  question to a publisher because I feel that they don't take their own rules seriously.

1 hour ago, CrazyDude90 said:

@Baskerville First of all thanks for the answer.

BUT:

If you're supposed to suspect something like that, it's nothing but guessing. So i would have to report min. 50% of the community. That cant be the solution here. :/

Don't you make this very easy for yourselves by making the players almost "guess" whether someone is playing by themselves or with scripts/3rd party programs?

Isn't that also your task to enforce your own rules?

Blade and Soul is the first MMORPG where I have to ask this kind of  question to a publisher because I feel that they don't take their own rules seriously.

its not hard to understand. let me give you an example:

There is a tool used for Tera, that helps a lot players which have high ping, it doesnt really give an advantage but provides a lot of help and makes the game a lot more playable.

Now the publisher officially announced they would be banning people using it, and using mods, what happened? they lost more than 50% of their playerbase, so...just think a bit about it and you will understand.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

its not hard to understand. let me give you an example:

There is a tool used for Tera, that helps a lot players which have high ping, it doesnt really give an advantage but provides a lot of help and makes the game a lot more playable.

Now the publisher officially announced they would be banning people using it, and using mods, what happened? they lost more than 50% of their playerbase, so...just think a bit about it and you will understand.

how said:

i am not against mods which makes the game runs better..

not against macros in dungeon and raids which prevents hurting fingers^^...

not against VPNs which simply optimize your routing  to the game servers.... 

not against simple mode because of lazyness :P and so on...

But in my opinion they should do something against bots/scripts that do your work while you are afk.

NCWest could simply make an announcement that you shouldn't use these scripts anymore, and if people keep using it, they can start banning this people one by one until the rest stop using it.
I think the "loss" of people using such this scripts shouldn't be a problem here when they would do it like i said.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

so...just think a bit about it and you will understand.

I do but you could so easily tackle this problem individually without prohibiting the useful things like performance mods, simple mode, etc.

Edited by CrazyDude90

The community and the company screws the game everytime. If they would make same optimization options available in official launcher and ingame, they could shut down BnS Buddy easily. And seriously, the players of this game, if they dont wanna play the game that badly, they shouldnt. If players dont wanna put time into learning the combat and earning stuff or any time into the game at all, again, they shouldnt. NCW shouldve punished these people for using scripts, a long time ago, but they aint gonna do it, because about more half of their playerbase are using these scripts like macro, because they are mentally special and cant do anything themselves.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:41 PM, LilyFU said:

This is like bns buddy. NCS will not do anything.

Even when bns buddy was used to cheat for real NCS never did anything.

NCS rules third party software is not allowed. ppl admit and recommend on the forum/everywhere that use third party software and NCS just close the eyes and dont do anything.

They solved the macros problem introducing macros in the game. lol a game that wants to be competitive introduce macros WHAT A NICE JOKE NCS. (to be honest there was not much they can do to stop macros) but the solution they get is to die laughing.

1- They even use BnS buddy on their own STREAMS, you can tell when they show loading screens and such

2- WoW has had competitive PVP for years, and WoW has macros in game, you dont even need addons, so, dunno about that part

27 minutes ago, avendurree23 said:

If players dont wanna put time into learning the combat and earning stuff or any time into the game at all, again, they shouldnt. NCW shouldve punished these people for using scripts, a long time ago, but they aint gonna do it, because about more half of their playerbase are using these scripts like macro, because they are mentally special and cant do anything themselves.

dude.. which part of word "unplayable" you fail to understand, it's easy to learn the class but its hard to execute it
there are only so many button a human can press =.=

simple mode in game is good, but not good enough, it's only work in sequence order, and not utilize the global cooldown to ani cancel it

can i play the class without macro? yes i can, but i will never reach the req dps for any raid
so half blame go to dev who invent this "enrage" timer

without any enrage timer, no one will ever need extra dps

Edited by Fiana

5 minutes ago, Fiana said:

can i play the class without macro? yes i can, but i will never reach the req dps for any raid

Im absolutely NOT against people using macros, i give 0 ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s honestly, play however you wish ~ but as someone that used to play Ragnarok Online on Battlemode with 36 hotkeys, and also WoW with a similar number of keys depending on the class: no, there's no real limit to how many keys a human can press

In BnS, i see macros more like a "support" thing, because of the horrible ping and performance limitations, but if performance was excelent and ping wasnt an issue at all for anyone, and they still need macros because they can't press buttons (let alone in PVE!!), they are just bad as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and should uninstall

Edited by Bakuzan

1 hour ago, Fiana said:

dude.. which part of word "unplayable" you fail to understand, it's easy to learn the class but its hard to execute it

simple mode in game is good, but not good enough, it's only work in sequence order, and not utilize the global cooldown to ani cancel it

so half blame go to dev who invent this "enrage" timer

without any enrage timer, no one will ever need extra dps

Not entirely true that you wouldn't reach the required dps for a raid. For example while my ping is probably better then yours I can do with just a Raven 3 around 300k steady with just using simple mode. Might not be ideal rotation but it is more then enough (this is on my fire forcemaster by the way). Oh and to further help you understand that is with in combat fps of about 15-20 and normally 150 ping. More gear just increases the dps / better accessories would as well. Only raid that would require higher then 1 million dps would be the newest one which if you went in geared enough to not be considered a carry, you'd pull that without breaking a sweat using simple mode.

Anyways, why don't we stick to the topic at hand which is about scripting fishing which is borderline botting regardless how people may want to try to defend it.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Kitsune Takahashi:

Anyways, why don't we stick to the topic at hand which is about scripting fishing which is borderline botting regardless how people may want to try to defend it.

Thanks.^^ I thought exactly the same. Back to topic please :)

I didn't read all the posts on this topic, but I want to say my opinion on the fishing system.

The fishing in this game is extremely boring and unrewarding. Ncsoft should have simply released this feature as afk-fishing in the first place like in many other MMORPGs. The way it is now is as exciting as watching a loading screen. One can't even watch a video on the side because the time frame for pulling the fishing rod when the symbol changes is so short. So even though I would never risk to attempt using any script for fishing, I can see why some people would do it. And I blame this on the bad design of the fishing system. My feedback is that they should implement in-game afk-fishing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miayu said:

I didn't read all the posts on this topic, but I want to say my opinion on the fishing system.

The fishing in this game is extremely boring and unrewarding. Ncsoft should have simply released this feature as afk-fishing in the first place like in many other MMORPGs. The way it is now is as exciting as watching a loading screen. One can't even watch a video on the side because the time frame for pulling the fishing rod when the symbol changes is so short. So even though I would never risk to attempt using any script for fishing, I can see why some people would do it. And I blame this on the bad design of the fishing system. My feedback is that they should implement in-game afk-fishing. 

Ok, what if you could actually turn a profit depending on rewards they might offer in the future but still if they don't offer a afk feature then this whole argument about use of 3rd party programs to fish for you would be extremely valid due to the 'botting' nature of said script. I personally wish the system had were you couldn't afk it at all and actually had to 'fight' the fish in order to reel it in but that is just me.

In my opinion: Give us an AFK ingame fishing feature for everyone and until then dont put any materials or other worth things in the vendor for pearls.

That would be fair for everyone not only for people who use scripts/bots.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:47 PM, CrazyDude90 said:

Every time i write a ticket because of people used speedhacks... being afk in dungeons... or because players harassed other players.. .i was always asking myself if something will happen or if i waste my time writing tickets because of rules which ncwest dont care about. :/

I ask myself the same thing. Today I report, I often still see the same player within a week at least in F8.

That means either the punishment is NOT EVEN AS SERIOUS AS unable to play for 1 week, OR they were not even punished.

I reported many players who are AFK THE WHOLE DURATION OF FINAL BOSS when we cleared dungeons (NOTE: THE WHOLE DURATION)

it is like wasting my time reporting it, and have to put screenshot and have to note down the time, etc.

On 7/5/2019 at 12:22 PM, CrazyDude90 said:

Thanks.^^ I thought exactly the same. Back to topic please :)

What was censored? I just started reading this thread now.

Is it the program that people use to replace load screen with black image/apply patches, that one?