Use of [censored] scripts for AFK fishing in B&S

CrazyDude90

Hello,

I'm usually not so often using  forums in online games, but this topic annoys me a lot! 

And since I haven't found anything here so far, I'm writing about his now.

I've been asked so many times now why i don't use these things too, but I don't want to, because I know that's not allowed and leads to a ban if you get caught.

Many people are already using  [censored] scripts for AFK fishing in B&S every day since the release of this fishing feature which is not ok in my opinion. The instruction how it works goes around on discord and was on reddit too a day or two after the fishing feature release. Now its deleted from reddit.

Personally i prefer fair gameplay and that is the reason why i would really like to hear something about this topic from the ncwest staff and how long it takes until ncwest is doing something against this.

Now some people will maybe argue that you dont have any advantage of using this.. you have one thats a fact! And i dont see any reason why this should be allowed now or in the future.

I found and backed up the script if someone from ncwest needed it. And sure i will not post it here because i dont want to show other people how this kind of "botting" scripts work and how they can use it.

And yes some people will hate me now...but.. i dont care and i will say it again... this is not OK and goes too far in my opinion and i hope ncwest do something against this!

and @NCWEST @Cyan @Baskerville directly:

please dont punish fair players who are not using this kind of things by doing nothing against it!

Regards

Il y a 22 heures, CrazyDude90 a dit :

Hello,

I'm usually not so often using  forums in online games, but this topic annoys me a lot! 

And since I haven't found anything here so far, I'm writing about his now.

I've been asked so many times now why i don't use these things too, but I don't want to, because I know that's not allowed and leads to a ban if you get caught.

Many people are already using  [censored] scripts for AFK fishing in B&S every day since the release of this fishing feature which is not ok in my opinion. The instruction how it works goes around on discord and was on reddit too a day or two after the fishing feature release. Now its deleted from reddit.

Personally i prefer fair gameplay and that is the reason why i would really like to hear something about this topic from the ncwest staff and how long it takes until ncwest is doing something against this.

Now some people will maybe argue that you dont have any advantage of using this.. you have one thats a fact! And i dont see any reason why this should be allowed now or in the future.

I found and backed up the script if someone from ncwest needed it. And sure i will not post it here because i dont want to show other people how this kind of "botting" scripts work and how they can use it.

And yes some people will hate me now...but.. i dont care and i will say it again... this is not OK and goes too far in my opinion and i hope ncwest do something against this!

and @NCWEST directly:

please dont punish fair players who are not using this kind of things by doing nothing against it!

Regards

I refuse to use it as well so your not by yourself. I personally feel if you have to automate something because you find it boring then you shouldn't be doing the thing in question in the first place let alone gain items in this case. It is on the verge of a form of botting. I mean really guys it isn't hard to do fishing in this game, it could be much worst where u have to use the arrow keys to actually fight the fish in order to reel in it like some games I've played in the past. Oh and for the haters 0 shits given ^_^v

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

Now some people will maybe argue that you dont have any advantage of using this.. you have one thats a fact!

i just wanna know whatis the advantage considering you are limited by leisure points and you get around the same amount of points as someone not using it o.o

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

i just wanna know whatis the advantage considering you are limited by leisure points and you get around the same amount of points as someone not using it o.o

Because players who doesn't use scripts/programs has to invest an additional amount of time and effort while others who use the script go afk and do other things.

Small example: It's like someone doing my quests for me every day while i am sleeping or meeting up with friends.

I dont have to do something to profit from this system. That is an undeniable advantage against others and its forbidden for a good reason. :)

I dont know why people would deny that or dont see that as a clear advantage.

I mean... people wouldn't do that if it doesn't give them an advantage. Its not only lazyness.

Edited by CrazyDude90

33 minutes ago, CrazyDude90 said:

Because players who doesn't use scripts/programs has to invest an additional amount of time and effort while others who use the script go afk and do other things.

Small example: It's like someone doing my quests for me every day while i am sleeping or meeting up with friends.

I dont have to do something to profit from this system. That is an undeniable advantage against others and its forbidden for a good reason. :)

I dont know why people would deny that or dont see that as a clear advantage.

I mean... people wouldn't do that if it doesn't give them an advantage. Its not only lazyness.

Honestly....its like 30 min of fishing, so regardles if someone afk's or not, its not like you get anything special from it since you can still only catch the same amount fishes as everyone else, and 30min wont cause the world to end.

It being allowed is one thing but making a fuss over 30 min is just.... xD

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

Honestly....its like 30 min of fishing, so regardles if someone afk's or not, its not like you get anything special from it since you can still only catch the same amount fishes as everyone else, and 30min wont cause the world to end.

Thats your opinion but it is what it is. An advantage no matter how hard you try to play this down...

Its a time and effort advantage which ends in giving you rewards for doing nothing but scripting/botting!

Btw: 30mins on every character and every day. Its time you dont need to spend in front of the computer. Its time you dont put effort in it. And the more characters you have... the bigger the advantage.

Edited by CrazyDude90

I believe automating gameplay with third party software is against the terms of service and can result in your account being warned/suspended/terminated/banned.

Some of the arguments used:

• The rewards aren't very good, so its okay if I automate--  provide feedback that the rewards are lackluster. Suggest reasonable additions to the vendor/prizes.
  • Its not interesting/engaging, so its okay if I automate--  provide feedback that you are unhappy with the current system, ideally with ways the system could be made more fun to actively participate in.
  • its only 30minutes-- if its a monotonous and unpleasant 30min that not many are choosing to spend their play time properly participating, maybe the system should just be scrapped at the end of the day.

Please don't put your account at risk by automating fishing.

Edit: (enhancement suggestions)Maybe add ingame autofishing for premium subscribers?

(Maybe let us fish on LFP queues in xserver?)-- this could make fishing AND long queues less boring.

Edited by ElectricPotato

30 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Even based on the short amount of time, it is almost like you say sure bot because they gain nothing over you. Those that don't use the scripts need to be at their computer in order to gain it like @CrazyDude90 said. The players using the scripts can be sleeping while gaining it. See the issue? Also, for players like myself that do fishing on more then 1 character everyday those 30 mins adds up but at the same time I will truly be able to say I earned the title, achievements and points by my effort, not some program. Why don't we let people bot arena? Oh wait they eventually ban those players.

@ElectricPotato If players have to resort to basically botting / scripting in order to do something then maybe they shouldn't be doing it. Much like I tell players about still bugging skybreak spire. If you have to bug or glitch something to get it done, maybe you shouldn't be doing it or go learn the mechanics.

Edited by Kitsune Takahashi
  • Like 1

I will have to agree with Grimoir.

I find this topic a bit ridiculous, I mean, who care seriously ?

Somehow it is related to the use of the macro. I though of it because as you said:

il y a une heure, CrazyDude90 a dit :

Because players who doesn't use scripts/programs(OR MACRO) has to invest an additional amount of time and effort while others who use the script ....

This sound exactly like when someone use macro or not to me.

So the question is...

Someone not using macro will struggle more than someone playing fair. So yes the quote is right.

But someone using fish script to fish.... Do you really think people care ?

I would have prefered your topic based on all the scripts, bots, etc... And macro.

Edited by Noukah

vor 17 Minuten schrieb ElectricPotato:

provide feedback that the rewards are lackluster. Suggest reasonable additions to the vendor/prizes.

That would make fishing more interesting and rewardable for script/bot user.
No good idea in my opinion. :/

This is like bns buddy. NCS will not do anything.

Even when bns buddy was used to cheat for real NCS never did anything.

NCS rules third party software is not allowed. ppl admit and recommend on the forum/everywhere that use third party software and NCS just close the eyes and dont do anything.

They solved the macros problem introducing macros in the game. lol a game that wants to be competitive introduce macros WHAT A NICE JOKE NCS. (to be honest there was not much they can do to stop macros) but the solution they get is to die laughing.

Grimoir - nobody expected less from you. everyone in this forum already know what you are about.

Its "interesting" to see how people already try to defend scripts/bots in B&S.
Seems like there are already people here who use it regularly and are now trying to play it down.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Noukah:

I find this topic a bit ridiculous, I mean, who care seriously ?

More than enough people. For example, the people who play fair or wants to play fair and have no interest in getting their items through third-party programs and scripts.

On the other side: If ncwest would allow that to everyone i would close this thread instantly.
But it is what it is. Forbidden. And I hope ncwest enforces their rules here.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Noukah:

Someone not using macro will struggle more than someone playing fair. So yes the quote is right.

But someone using fish script to fish.... Do you really think people care ?

They will. At the latest when the first players got punished for using this. 

@LilyFU

In my opinion, macros in combat are different than scripts and bots that do your stuff when you're not on the computer.

Macro while fighting = You are present, doing mechanics and playing together with others.

Scripts/Bots = You are NOT present and let the work be done without even the slightest effort and investment of time.

I mean, clearly both are automatic processes, both are not allowed, but there are serious differences. Don't you think so?

Edited by CrazyDude90

18 minutes ago, CrazyDude90 said:

@LilyFU

In my opinion, macros in combat are different than scripts and bots that do your stuff when you're not on the computer.

Macro while fighting = You are present, doing mechanics and playing together with others.

Scripts/Bots = You are NOT present and let the work be done without even the slightest effort and investment of time.

I mean, clearly both are automatic processes, both are not allowed, but there are serious differences. Don't you think so?

Yes they are quite diferente and yes I agree with you.

I just think it's hilarious how NCS has handled people crying for years on macros.

• Like 1

Macros for non-competitive use is ok, but both should be a reason to ban people, because you cannot differentiate between either.
Simple mode was implemented for a reason, regardless if it´s not perfect. If people still continue then there was no point to it.
Just a waste of bytes. Like the dead content below lvl 60.

Here's something to consider.  Fishing has been out in KR for several months and it's very likely that fish botting is happening there.  Now, has anyone heard about anyone being banned, warned or even received the stink eye in KR?  If so it would've definitely been all over reddit and other social media sites.  Honestly, if NC wanted to do something they'd likely just change the coding instead of dropping the ban hammer.  Of course that code would be circumvented just as quickly as it would be implemented.  Like it or not third party programs are too ingrained in the game for them to take any draconian measures.  Not just bnsbuddy but any mmo mouse program like Razor's Synapse, Logitech's Gaming Software or Corsair's ICUE would have to be considered third party programs.  I don't know about you but I couldn't use my mouse if this software was not allowed to run on BnS. 

"couldn´t use" is exaggerated, you just don´t have that many options aka dpi, etc. not saying they will do it, but maybe also something to consider for you.
In KR you can buy mats with pearls, even if OP didn´t bring it up, we don´t know if we get that. So it´s a valid worry, as most here claim fishing with script not being a problem or prodiving any valuable items. These people can just farm them now, while going afk and creating multiple accounts to send all mats to their main.
One of NCSofts problems and especially NCwest which is even slower, cuz they can code nothing and have to wait for big brother in korea for patches, is that they are very slow on the uptake and unable to draw conclusions before something happens.
I mean if this already happens in korea, who in their right mind would implement or let this go? If a ncsoft moderator would be so kind to write "Me" as response, i would consider you my eternal wingman.

7 minutes ago, Ren36 said:

"couldn´t use" is exaggerated, you just don´t have that many options aka dpi, etc. not saying they will do it, but maybe also something to consider for you.
In KR you can buy mats with pearls, even if OP didn´t bring it up, we don´t know if we get that. So it´s a valid worry, as most here claim fishing with script not being a problem or prodiving any valuable items. These people can just farm them now, while going afk and creating multiple accounts to send all mats to their main.
One of NCSofts problems and especially NCwest which is even slower, cuz they can code nothing and have to wait for big brother in korea for patches, is that they are very slow on the uptake and unable to draw conclusions before something happens.
I mean if this already happens in korea, who in their right mind would implement or let this go? If a ncsoft moderator would be so kind to write "Me" as response, i would consider you my eternal wingman.

No, I couldn't play the game without my mouse, no exaggeration or hyperbole.  Plain and simple, if those programs were banned I'd be forced to uninstall. 

We probably will get the pearl/mat patch and then this discussion changes.  This game will always have some form of bot and NC has handled it by changing the way the game works go that that kind of botting isn't profitable anymore.  If this becomes an issue where it effects the game economy then they will probably take action but as you pointed out if won't be fast and it will only be temporary.

8 hours ago, ElectricPotato said:

Edit: (enhancement suggestions)Maybe add ingame autofishing for premium subscribers?

(Maybe let us fish on LFP queues in xserver?)-- this could make fishing AND long queues less boring.

All they really need to do is make the fishing not to be "static" so for it to take different amounts of time before the fish catches the bait, but then that would extend the total time you need to fish, which means people like the OP complaining here would need to invest more time per character and then he would complain again.

I am all against scripting and macroing that clearly provides someone a huge advantage or in competitive gameplay, but over fishing its just really ridiculous, BUT, on the other hand they did say on stream that fishing as it is now is only like this for the ongoing event and once its over things will be changed and modified. So lets see what happens.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

All they really need to do is make the fishing not to be "static" so for it to take different amounts of time before the fish catches the bait, but then that would extend the total time you need to fish, which means people like the OP complaining here would need to invest more time per character and then he would complain again.

That wouldn't stop the program & script from working. Even if you delay it differently on every try the script uses X and Y positions as well as colour codes on the position of your "F" to "see" if the right "F" is ready to press or not.

And no i will not tell people more about that.^^ If the nc staff want to know it i can mail them the infos how it works but i will not say more than this in this forum (just to explain why your suggestion wouldn't work!).

So your suggestion wouldn't work and as you said it would be even more time needed for fair playing players.

so i've heard all of you said "advantage", "unfair", "cheating" over other player
you can only these word if you lose something when you in competitive match, for example in pvp

but in pve, or in fishing in this context, using macro is not problem at all.. please tell me what you lose if someone in your party using macro? the only thing that can happen if the boss dead faster
and in fish, you lose nothing when a player next to you using macro to fishing... i just don't understand with this mentality that refuse anything that make your life easier

there ppl in this forum that hate this :

using simple mode - its not fair
using macro - its not fair
using bns buddy - it's not fair
using vpn ping reducer - it's not fair

i don't understand, what you hate from something that make other people live easier when you lose absolutly nothing from it

well, GM or Support, please make auto mode ingame for fishing to solve this problem
thank you

Edited by Fiana

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Fiana:

and in fish, you lose nothing when a player next to you using macro to fishing..

Sure. TIME. The time i need in addition to the guy next to me who do other things while getting the same items with 0 time effort. Thats a clear advantage compared to me just because i play fair and he not. And if ncwest decide to bring materials to the fishing merchant the advantage gets larger.

i just don't understand with this mentality that refuse anything that make your life easier

If it would be officially allowed i would use it too and wouldn't have a problem with it.... but it isn't. so if you use this scripts you risk your account. Thats the reason why fair players have a disadvantage against players who dont care about rules.

i don't understand, what you hate from something that make -> OTHER PEOPLE LIVE EASIER.....

Right. The live from OTHER people while I follow the rules and have disadvantages. Good job!

well, GM or Support, please make auto mode ingame for fishing to solve this problem

On the other side this would make the whole fishing feature senseless if you just use a bot who fish for you.

Edited by CrazyDude90

28 minutes ago, Fiana said:

so i've heard all of you said "advantage", "unfair", "cheating" over other player
you can only these word if you lose something when you in competitive match, for example in pvp

but in pve, or in fishing in this context, using macro is not problem at all.. please tell me what you lose if someone in your party using macro? the only thing that can happen if the boss dead faster
and in fish, you lose nothing when a player next to you using macro to fishing... i just don't understand with this mentality that refuse anything that make your life easier

there ppl in this forum that hate this :

using simple mode - its not fair
using macro - its not fair
using bns buddy - it's not fair
using vpn ping reducer - it's not fair

i don't understand, what you hate from something that make other people live easier when you lose absolutly nothing from it

thank you

using simple mode - its not fair (in pvp is not but I do not really care. I just do not understand why people hate so much playing a game but they continue to play)

using macro - its not fair (the same from above. simple mode is just a fancy name NCS give to macros because they think macros sound bad

using bns buddy - it's not fair (this is the worst of all yes you can cheat with him. ex make you loading fast now go to arena hit ppl stuck on loading because they do not use buddy)

using vpn ping reducer - it's not fair (nop . is just sad that ppl have to pay to another company to play a F2P game)

Is not hate on other people.  I just do not understand why NCS allows some things.

How you can see the only one that really bothers me is bns buddy. but I think NCS knows very well that a lot of people need to use because the game is so badly optimized so they allow this  third party software that helps a lot of people but that also lets a lot of people cheat.