Jump to content
Forums

What does recovery do?


Recommended Posts

Says there is a rate (a rate of what? per how long?) and a "chance%"???  with base as 100%?  What does that mean?

Even with similar recovery rates, my FM, for example, will bounce up/back from KB/KD much more often/faster than my GS.  Why is that or what stat is that supposed to be related to?

 

Thanks.

A*a

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you purely talk about recovering from kd / stun / daze, then thats influenced by the source, so if something that kd's you has "knockdown for 3 seconds" you will be down for 3 seconds, nothing changes that. There may be cases where something overrides it like aoe's but....haven't seen it so far.

 

would help if you would post screenshots of what you exactly mean, cause as far as i know there is no stat that helps you recover faster from CC's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

as far as i know there is no stat that helps you recover faster from CC's.

Theoretically, if you have a skill that gives you Willpower (example Typhoon - Execute from DES) that will decrease the duration of the CC, as it's said in the description of Willpower; I said 'in theory' because even if I used Willpower, I didn't see much a difference.

About the Recovery I don't know what it should do, and I myself am curious about what is this buff and how it could be useful (description in your tab doesn't help at all).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VincentBari said:

Theoretically, if you have a skill that gives you Willpower (example Typhoon - Execute from DES) that will decrease the duration of the CC, as it's said in the description of Willpower; I said 'in theory' because even if I used Willpower, I didn't see much a difference.

About the Recovery I don't know what it should do, and I myself am curious about what is this buff and how it could be useful (description in your tab doesn't help at all).

If you are talking about "Recovery" when you press "P", thats simply related to HP recovery. The game has 2 different HP mechanics: Recovery and Regen, both are different.

Now in terms of "willpower" there is no stat you can build up there, there may be skills that reduce CC's or some purple accessories that have "Debuff duration +20%" but thats about it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

If you are talking about "Recovery" when you press "P", thats simply related to HP recovery. The game has 2 different HP mechanics: Recovery and Regen, both are different.

Now in terms of "willpower" there is no stat you can build up there, there may be skills that reduce CC's or some purple accessories that have "Debuff duration +20%" but thats about it.

Under Recovery it says it "Increases the amount of HP recovered by 0".  Not very helpful for HP.  So if I add 20 points to regen in on the HM page, I get 4 'units', for each unit I get 2000 HP / 2s, *only* in battle, and get 2% extra recovery.   Why would HP regen add 2% to recovery if it only helps HP?  Why not just add another X-points to the HP-regen?    You may be right, but it being for HP, but why have an extra HP-only stat?  Recovery bonuses seem like they should help you recover from bad effects -- poison, stun, kd, etc...  As it stands it is worthless.   For that matter, why is it only combat regen?  Why does regen only work in battle which is a minority of time in the game?  As for speed boosts, why doesn't speed increase your agility and/or chance to evade?  As for wisdom, why do my characters have 0, as well as concentration and mastery?  Since they are all 0, it may not matter much what they do, but why have over 1000 pts in recovery that does nothing for me?  

 

Saying it's for HP, when 1000 pts gives me 0 extra HP,  is a bit ludicrous.  I.e. it can't just be for HP when I get 0 for having over 1000 pts in it AND when there is already an HP-regen score.  So why have a separate one that does nothing?

 

It's be nice if willpower, concentration and mastery had any value, but that's another dead feature to me.  Some respond that they can use willpower.  Um...How?  Of course to use it I might need to have some, but what difference does that make?

 

More important to this question though, is why my over-1000 pts of recovery do nothing. (?)  Was there ever a help system for what any of these stats mean at some time?  I did notice a help page key one could press on the customizing keys page under options, but that does nothing, of course.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Astarae said:

Under Recovery it says it "Increases the amount of HP recovered by 0".  Not very helpful for HP.  So if I add 20 points to regen in on the HM page, I get 4 'units', for each unit I get 2000 HP / 2s, *only* in battle, and get 2% extra recovery.   Why would HP regen add 2% to recovery if it only helps HP?  Why not just add another X-points to the HP-regen?    You may be right, but it being for HP, but why have an extra HP-only stat?  Recovery bonuses seem like they should help you recover from bad effects -- poison, stun, kd, etc...  As it stands it is worthless.   For that matter, why is it only combat regen?  Why does regen only work in battle which is a minority of time in the game?  As for speed boosts, why doesn't speed increase your agility and/or chance to evade?  As for wisdom, why do my characters have 0, as well as concentration and mastery?  Since they are all 0, it may not matter much what they do, but why have over 1000 pts in recovery that does nothing for me?  

 

Saying it's for HP, when 1000 pts gives me 0 extra HP,  is a bit ludicrous.  I.e. it can't just be for HP when I get 0 for having over 1000 pts in it AND when there is already an HP-regen score.  So why have a separate one that does nothing?

 

It's be nice if willpower, concentration and mastery had any value, but that's another dead feature to me.  Some respond that they can use willpower.  Um...How?  Of course to use it I might need to have some, but what difference does that make?

 

More important to this question though, is why my over-1000 pts of recovery do nothing. (?)  Was there ever a help system for what any of these stats mean at some time?  I did notice a help page key one could press on the customizing keys page under options, but that does nothing, of course.

 

I mean, its kinda like this at least from what i see it:

 

HP Regen - Amount of HP you get per second

HP Recovery - Amount of HP you get back instantly for example 2000 recovery means you get 2000 HP back

 

So those stats are different. Move speed is move speed, that has and should not have anything to do with evasion or agility, since its just meant to make your character move faster, not avoid skills or hits. Also adding something that would decrease the time you are cc'ed would be way too broken.

 

Much of the stats you see under "P" have no purpose and function in the game, some were changed / removed when new things were introduced, but most of them were sort of "place holders" for future things which never came and are being changed, so dont reply on what you see there for them as there is a big chance they might be removed later down the road or changed to something else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as i'm aware recovery also boosts the healing you get from skills (that's where recovery rate comes in) and since different skills heal different amounts there is no flat stat since it's percentage based. That's why it says 0.

 

As for concentration, Willpower and Mastery level those are there to make certain skills work. Everything is linked to a stat. So concentration for example, there is no way to boost the stat on the F2, but if you read it then it tells you that it negates the enemies block / counter counter damage reduction rate. That is simply there so that they can add pierce-defence skills. I don't know if there is a way they could simply hide them from the F2 page (would make more sense) but that's the purpose of those.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...