Can we get some answers to the performance issues?

Saekko

5 hours ago, Baskerville said:

Hi all,

There will be some adjustments with Roots of Malice to

• Mushin’s Tower
  • Some dungeon and raid environments
  • Spectral Blade Spec

But there is a caveat to this. Performance on PC it difficult to test due to the infinite amount of software and hardware component variants. We expect an overall performance increase and hope to get it to a level where it was before Empyrean Shadows' release, but we will be reliant on your feedback when the patch hits live servers.

What kind of adjustments to spectral blade spec ? It would be a real shame to lose some of spectral BM's spec just cause some people can't figure out how to press CTRL + F, lower their graphic settings or simply not bloat their PC's.

On 6/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, Saekko said:

Back in the day (like on launch) BnS ran great. I don't recall everyone having issues with getting 2 fps in a fight and 180-400+ ms until MSP was released. Ever since that day it's been hell. Why don't we see any mention of this in patch notes or announcements or anything? 

Here's a funny story. A few months ago while in a clan 6v6 my PC LITERALLY caught on fire. RMA'd the EVGA 970 that was the cause and waited 6 weeks to get a new one. Four whole days later it died. Before the fire the game ran terribly and after replacing the GPU with a 2070 ... surprise! still runs like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. I expected that though because it's an MMO so the CPU is doing most of the work. So I just built a whole new PC with a i7 9700k at 5.4GHz, STRIX 2070, 32gb of ram, and the game and OS are on a Samsung m.2. Game STILL runs like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. (Still expected that though)

Then I had an interesting conversation with an Intel engineer. This guy tells me the reason BnS has these FPS and ms problems is because they're using poor servers, and nothing we can do is going to help. 

Then I hear that new A;iR game ran like crap just like BnS BUT the new TW version runs FAR better and it's because of the servers. Maybe Intel guy was on to something...

Can we get some information on this? Is the reason this game runs so bad that it's almost unplayable really because somebody is too cheap to give us proper servers? And were they downgraded at some point with no mention of it in patch notes?

Game runs perfect for me so I think your "poor servers" statement is incorrect. 

On 7/30/2019 at 6:45 AM, campclan2 said:

Game runs perfect for me so I think your "poor servers" statement is incorrect. 

I dunno... if the server refresh rate slows or don't have enough bandwidth your fps will lower cause the server can't keep up with all the information it is handling. I seen this in many online game servers.

1 hour ago, Garlend said:

I dunno... if the server refresh rate slows or don't have enough bandwidth your fps will lower cause the server can't keep up with all the information it is handling. I seen this in many online game servers.

Not the case here. Only some elements of the game will stutter when there's lack of data. If you cut out the dps meter and the random stuff which is worthless to you during a fight and you're left with just the gameplay, all you'll see if the server is being a dolt, are rubberbands. The fps will not be impacted as that's not how UE sandboxes function.

• 1 year later...

I have only to represent a post answer about ping and fps because some ppl have no idea and they speak.

I give u the link to read : https://www.online-tech-tips.com/gaming/online-gaming-ping-vs-frames-per-second-fps/

and the specific answer:

To further complicate the notion that lag is computer performance-based, low FPS and lag can sometimes show up at the same time. This can occur when your game is experiencing both a network response time problem and an image generating issue.

An example would be in an online mmorpg, when entering a large city filled with other players running around, it’s very possible to experience both low frames and high ping simultaneously. The lag occurs because the server is struggling to keep up with all that’s going on at once, while your computer is struggling to generate all the visuals on screen resulting in the low FPS.

This may lead to confusion amongst gamers as in this particular case, both low FPS and lag have the same cause – more people than the game can handle in one place at the same time. This does not mean that they are now the same thing, just that the large number of players is what is causing both the dip in computer performance and network issues.

That is because some ppl don t understand and underestimate  other s knowledge.

Thank you