New class idea: Stand user

You know how people complain about fps when fighting bosses? I find that ranged classes aren't as affected by these dips as much. What if you could tank/melee the boss from far away? Concept is pretty much the same as Jojo anime. User stands from from away, while a summon engages the boss in melee. All of the skills control the summon, unlike cat or thrall who mostly just does stuff on their own. The biggest difference is, you can only see from where the user is standing. Meaning you have to guess/know what the boss is doing from 50 meters away. So it will require a different skillset. You can just summon back the stand and move yourself for mechanics.

For pvp, you can either hide your user or have the stand become a suit of armor. Obviously the user itself will have very low stats to begin with, it's all about the stands. And just like Jojo, if the stand gets defeated, so does the user. So you can't just afk from far away.

BnS is about reaction and movement.  If you are 50m away only a complete floor aoe would effect such a class.  And there are many bosses that jump to the furthest player or punish them in other ways.  Plus many dngs require precise team locations.  If you are stuck in one place it would make doing those mech rather difficult.  Maybe if you could instantly teleport to a different location it might be possible.  Keep thinking about it.

• Like 1

Well, BnS doesn't seem to be about a balance of reality being mixed in -- since unless you are doing domestic violence, in battles, a long distance player's main benefit is about being out of immediate attack range.  The idea that almost any player is only a leap or jump away from someone attacking them defeats the main purpose of being a range class.  Maybe lower the effectiveness of auto-targeting going from 16m to 22m (perhaps based-on or enhanced-by your accuracy score), but reverting to hits being based on those painted by your target indicator.

On top of outrageous jump distances it seems that there should be a real chance of  meleé classes  getting in the way of them jumping away.  How many times have I heard a close character stop someone from running away with the line "I'll be your opponent."

za warudo, star platinum, golden experience... all of those stands are 2 meter range. So in your ridiculous post you forget to realize you would have to stand 2 meters away from boss.. not 50 

but yes I endorse this message and want a stand melee class ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA