3rd Spec Release order?

Demonical

Why do people believe every single rumor they hear on the internet..?

Just because someone posts "3rd spec release order" on reddit does not mean it should be taken as facts :D

and considering the guy who posted it got downvoted a lot.. it should probably be seen as false then.

Another guy also said that this was just a poster for the awakening patch that KR got back in september.

Edited by Draknalor

+1 to what Draknalor said.

The image you've posted displays each class's current two specialization paths. For example, the Blade Master icon shows Spirit Sword and Singing Blade - not Spectral Blade.

From what I've seen from a Korean article which may or not be presented in chronological order, next up will be the Summoner and the Force Master. As with the Empyrean Shadows update, NCWEST might continue releasing two third class specializations at the same time.

The newly released producer letter confirms that Destroyer and Sin are next to get 3rd spec... still want to say its wrong? So basicly if your a Warlock you get to enjoy NCsoft further abusing your class by making last with Warden to get a 3rd spec.

LOL they just edited the Producer letter to change it from being Destroyer and Sin next, too "Additional classes" can you imagine why they would do that?

And they edited it back in.

Edited by Demonical

On 6/25/2019 at 8:29 AM, Demonical said:

Is this realy the release schedual for classes 3rd spec?? Because if Gunner is ahead of other classes like WL its super infuriating.

Why is it more infuriating than any other order?

Why isn't the 3rd spec released at the same time for all classes?  I've never seen a game publisher give special privileges to 2-3 groups out of a dozen, months before other groups.  

Rationally, do them all at the same time, throw them up on a test server, separate from the main server.  Put a copy of everyone's character on the test server or use the same DB for both servers, but set the DB access on the test server for 'copy/update on write'.  If you want to see early access and want to help NCSoft test, then play on the test server, but note -- any changes made on the test server won't be propagated back to the main server.  The only benefit to players would be ability to see and learn new system (which may change if something is broken). 

Have a fantasy "vendor" who can give you any type of currency and/or any level of item to your test character at no cost (*free*).  The character and any items on the test server will disappear at the end of the test period.  Once issues are worked out, release new binary to regular server and disable the test server.  Once verified, archive or destroy test server & test world.  There could be usefulness in rewarding an account-bound  title associated with being a tester for the 3rd-spec release. 

The test word would:

• increase engagement of players
  • perhaps, attract new players.
    • Note,  I'd only support character creation on the released/normal server. This would have the side effect of ensuring new players are registered and have a character created on the normal server, removing either of those being a "dissuader" of trying the new game after the test period.
    •  If there is a need to test character creation, accounts would still be created/registered, first, in the 'current' game.
  • increase testing coverage beyond what is currently done.
  • Allow for simultaneous release of all classes

If "to-be-released" game info is to be dissuaded, then:

Ask testers not to leak, post or publish data about the new version, while, at the same time, realizing that such bans are all but guaranteed to not stop people talking about it. 

In that light, I'd only take actions against those posting pre-release info.  Even then, only action would be disabling their test account and disabling getting any accomplishment associated this event. 

To make consequences "scale", I'd toss a ban on future participation for a time period of
6-months × Number_of_violations.  One would hope people wouldn't get more than 1 violation. It's not perfect, no system is, but it's also meant to be low-maintenance/cost to implement/achieve.

Anyway, have said too much, so....end it here, except to add, sadly, that the current ordering may simply reflect its internal classID number based on the age of the class and the order in which the classes were released. ?

first 4 classes in the game was BM, KFM, Destroyer and FM, in the korean beta, so no, they are most likely going off most played classes and placing warden last as the newest class, and since the last year they seem to have made it their mission of wreckign the WL class and making people quit, ( by removing abilities and basicly making the class worse to play in many regards with awakening when compared to a new class that literaly does evry single thing better then WL ) So WL is last.

Edited by Demonical

Oh well...

I'm playing Soul Fighter since 2016.

At the old time this class was invisible for the devs before. It got a little bit better now, but still.

I've already reconcilied myself that I'm gonna have a 3rd Spec for Christmas anyway.

Yeah, I hear ya, my 3 rd char down the line -- definitely an Alt, is an SF.  Can't ever do enough damage  cuz at range, DPS sucks and near up, not quite good enough to not have hits plummet or keep aggro.  SF should be a class that excels at melee and range, but instead they took melee class abilities, divided by 2 and gave that to SF, and then took FM-abilities/2 and gave those too.  Playing at 50% in both areas just doesn't cut it.  She was actually my first, but prospects were too low.  Now I play GS+FM both as mains.

Edited by Astarae

• 4 months later...