bug in MSP: in party but no treasure

Astarae

Seems if you are in party, but don't get registered as doing damage to boss, you don't get the final treasure.

So...also seems to be your damage gets reset if longui tosses you out of the circle...which means if you get thrown out of circle right before he dies, you get zip, also if you get dropped and make it back in before boss is killed, but not soon enough to get damage on longui, you get zip -- nice result for stage 6.  Can this be fixed?   

People can't claim its to keep people from being afk, but leader can kick people, so that's not a good reason.

Thanks.

This has been an intended boss mechanic since the game launched.

You need to do above a certain % of the boss's hp to be eligible for loot.

If you die or get thrown out of range, you still get loot.

The only time you wouldn't get loot after you reached the dmg threshold is if you're in a loadscreen while the boss drops dead which isn't particularly hard to avoid i reckon ~

This loot mechanic's been applied in all open raids/ field bosses( blackwrym, ghs, bsh,beastbog, ssp, etc) it's not specific to msp .-.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:00 PM, MassiveEgo said:

You just have to deal 1% damage without leaving the boss' aggro radius. As long as your dps is still on the dps meter and doesn't go to 0/s, you'll get your box.

^^^ That's what I am saying, he throws you out of the center ring w/him into the 'weeds' and your DPS tally goes to 0, so no box.   Not to mention had a real moron lead (there seem to be a few) who though that my DPS was my after zeroed tally  -- was the same guy who told me I needed to learn my class (fire-FM) and how to burst.

I'm pretty sure fire-FM's don't have a burst.  I have FM+GS and my FM will out-damage on GS on a long fight, but on a shorter one, will come up way low.  Getting thrown out of longui's  circle (the big one under the tree), and having your DPS zeroed doesn't help any.  He's 1 example of someone who found out I had GC equip, after-the-fact and what used to be a max-soul and kicked me cuz he claimed I wasn't doing enough DPS (even though I res'd him and someone else in bosses 5+6 and frost-sheathed my group about 3 times in those 2 rounds).  T

On 6/22/2019 at 3:53 AM, Eimi said:

This has been an intended boss mechanic since the game launched.

You need to do above a certain % of the boss's hp to be eligible for loot.

If you die or get thrown out of range, you still get loot.

Not no more...that's the bug/change/feature.

It used to be the way you said, but hasn't been in MSP last 2 weekends or so.

Edited by Astarae

If the boss is on you, that means nobody is tanking. In you find yourself into tank role, just make sure to iframe those pesky munch grabs, or just hold your dps back, so someone else takes aggro. It sux tanking as non melee.

And in case the boss is almost dead and you see the munch incoming, ice yourself. Screw what people would say about it. If you don't get your box, you've effectively wasted your time.

Edited by MassiveEgo

I rarely know a much grab is coming before it happens, like the tank either got knocked back, or died and next I know I'm out of the circle.  I framing is not a skill I excel at, as it's either too early or too late if I can get it to take the key.