Why aren't souls being scaled like HM levels+exp?

Astarae

So people spend X amount of money, say 1000 to raise soul to max before this event.  Now to raise to

same level, it's only maybe 600, with 1000 being a few levels into the new soul type.  So why aren't

soul owners being offered an exchange to the equivalent upgrade level or some part of that upgrade amount as progress in the next soul.  This is even more needed if souls lower than max have their stats reduced.  

I know some people can come up with an excuse for anything, but that doesn't make it seem fair for those

who invested in in leveling up those items before and now have that amount discarded.

I know, how about issuing it in outfit vouchers we can use for any outfits/accessories in the 'wardrobe'?  

Only partly serious, but better than nothing -- and it would have to apply to all outfits, not just the same 

group that gets partly rotated through in F10.

I get what you mean, and i would love some sort of "compensation" but lets be realistic here, no one forced anyone to max out their soul , those who wanted it, did it and enjoyed a maxed out soul. the new soul tier is new gear, you arent supposed to get free stages with it.

not to mention they are offering reverts since may 1st.....so if you upgraded after may 1st you can ask a revert and they wil lgive you all the mats back. thats more than enough . anyone who upgraded before that well...you had fun with a max soul thats your reward.

They could have done the same with experience and HM levels. No one forced you to get all that EXP to get to any level, they could have just left people at the same HM level which used to be considered 'higher' than how the same number is considered after the rescale.
While you are stating a logical point of view -- an equally logical point of view can be stated to support the opposite. What it comes down to is a choice of supporting players who worked harder to get higher with a scaled replacement or not.

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I get what you mean, and i would love some sort of "compensation" but lets be realistic here, no one forced anyone to max out their soul , those who wanted it, did it and enjoyed a maxed out soul.

Note -- I didn't say they should sub in a maxed out soul -- just one that better reflects the amount of materials put in -- i.e. not even 100%, but say maxsoul = level5-nxtgen, then even boosting maxsoul (or maxsoul-1 or -10) to level2.5-nxtgen would help those who worked to build up their char to feel better,
rather than feel like their efforts are 100% wasted by being thrown away. With max value at +65 AP, it wasn't a major factor in AP scores ranging at 1500-over 2000. I don't see the enjoyment factor of having a maxed out soul -- didn't get you anything -- it could help offset deficits in other areas, but that's about it.

I've had a fair share of posterior orifices complain about my DPS because I had a GC weap of any level, that and having a high AP caused by soul (et al.) had one idiot kick me from party for not knowing how to burst on an FM like a gunner does. Was news to me that FM's were supposed to have a burst.
How does that work?
Quote5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

the new soul tier is new gear, you arent supposed to get free stages with it.

The new HM levels are NEW, no one should have been boosted, by that logic. There is no supposed to, only what is.

I've said this before about myself -- it's not about the name of the specific equipment, but how well you do in battle. Doesn't matter that it's a new name or old. Like the guy above, having the new equipment was a reason to kick you (he only had A9). So it's a 2-edged sword, or like with the soul -- some have said that the scaled benefits of new souls fall into the same range as old souls, AND MANY claim that GC3-5 will give you a damage loss compared to A9, so better to save for gc6 and upgrade all at once. That wasn't my experience, but I've seen that before in accessories -- where the newname at lower levels does less damage than the oldname at top level.

That's related to people asking what AP +equip to have for the ancient-solo dungeons at the monastery.  I still haven't made it past dogboy last I tried.  AP+equip names are irrelevant.

Same with contest for bloodlust outfit.  If you can't enter, then AP+equip are irrelevant.

Quote5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

not to mention they are offering reverts since may 1st.....so if you upgraded after may 1st you can ask a revert and they wil lgive you all the mats back. thats more than enough . anyone who upgraded before that well...you had fun with a max soul thats your reward.
You are presuming there was some fun associated with that.  Sorry, doesn't apply.  However, I did mention coupons or such allowing me to get the BloodLust ensemble.  Now that might be a momentary compensation that was fun.

you are mixing things up, they didnt chan ge HM levels, they changes the EXP curve for them. They didnt give you anything for free, you character kepts the same amount of EXP it accumulated, the fact the curves changed made it jump a few levels as result thats it. Essentially everything remained the same.

The HM levels changed.  Calling someone who was HM13 an HM18-20 is new.  Same for HM18's that became HM-mid 20's.

The materials (Exp points) you put in for a given HM-level are immaterial, they could just as easily have justified keeping the name the same because the elevated HM levels were new per/char -- and it really is the case that just like adding various bits of steel & crystals, you get an item entitled [gun,ring,ear..etc]-mat-class[raven,aransu,celestial...]-level 1-9+awakened-state] that are the level of the item or accessory.  Similarly instead of HM1-30, they could have had HM1-5=tourist-1-5,HM6-10=adventurer 1-5, etc.  They just didn't name the different levels with different expclasses.  

I'm NOT saying I would have like a re-rating based solely on HM-levels, BUT neither do I like re-rating your applied costs by title either.