Sign in to follow this  
PetPuggi

Jewels from previous event can't be used to upgrade 3rd spec accessories?

Recommended Posts

PetPuggi   

Jewels from previous event can't be used to upgrade 3rd spec BT ring/earring, VT necklace and NS bracelet (BM, KFM). I assume this is a bug since there's no reason why these accessories can't be upgraded?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/245482-3rd-spec-and-accessories/?tab=comments#comment-2063014

Baskerville responded to a similar question during the last event and confirmed that the Dragonflame jewels could not be used to upgrade 3rd spec gear even if it was BT.  And this was not a bug.

 

Quote

You will be able to still use Dragonflame Jewels on accessories — but not on those which will be added for the 3rd specs. So for example, you will be able to upgrade Skybreak Ring for Spec 1 and 2 but not the new Ring for Spec 3 with this event currency after the update.

 

Edited by Deadly Intent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PetPuggi   
Posted (edited)

This makes absolutely NO sense.

 

First of all, rarely anyone reads every single post on the forum. If it's not posted in patch notes, why are players expected to know what's gonna happen?

 

Second of all, why can't we use it to upgrade the exact same accessories?? How were we supposed to know this when grinding the last event EVEN if we scoured the forum when the post by that mod was written only a week ago? I wasted all that time for absolutely nothing? The whole point of even doing all that stuff was so I save like ~500g + countless mats on my BM's third spec. This is like saying it costs 5 tranquility emblems to go from fire bracelet to lightning bracelet, but 10 emblems to go from fire/lightning to 3rd spec. Wtf?

 

Can a mod clarify WHY they purposely made it so 3rd spec is "special" and don't deserve to have the same discounts as other specs on the EXACT SAME accessories?

 

It's frustrating and pure BS that I have to now discard the 100+ jewels I actually worked hard for in the last event for no reason. At least let us exchange them for regular jewels then? I don't care if it's at 2:1 rate even, better than nothing?

 

(Please don't tell me "oh just get all 4 accessories to stage 10 then swap". It costs an insane amount of mats and gold to get them to 10, what if I don't have enough resources to get BT ring + ear + VT neck + bracelet all to 10 right now? Not to mention bracelet costs 50 tranquility fragments to exchange which is a complete pain to grind. Also, event jewel expires in 3 weeks.)

Edited by PetPuggi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nivalias   
2 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Can a mod clarify WHY they purposely made it so 3rd spec is "special" and don't deserve to have the same discounts as other specs on the EXACT SAME accessories?

Don't have to think hard on this one. Last event was last event, and the new spec is new event. And given that you can't collect of the event materials now to upgrade any of them accessoires, what in blazes made you think you could use them on the new spec to begin with?

2 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Please don't tell me "oh just get all 4 accessories to stage 10 then swap". It costs an insane amount of mats and gold to get them to 10

Uh, getting the new spec to 10 costs just as much, I don't see your point there. 100 Jewels are about enough to get at least one piece of equipment to Stage 10.

2 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

At least let us exchange them for regular jewels then? I don't care if it's at 2:1 rate even, better than nothing?

Still waiting for that to happen to the demon spirit stones and black rose feathers. But that's only wishful thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
3 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

(Please don't tell me "oh just get all 4 accessories to stage 10 then swap". It costs an insane amount of mats and gold to get them to 10, what if I don't have enough resources to get BT ring + ear + VT neck + bracelet all to 10 right now

And whos to say you have to it NOW? If you didnt bother to upgrade your current accessories i doubt you would have done anything for the 3rd spec.

 

3 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Not to mention bracelet costs 50 tranquility fragments to exchange which is a complete pain to grind.

it requires 5 emblems, not 50, which isnt a pain to grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PetPuggi   
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

And whos to say you have to it NOW? If you didnt bother to upgrade your current accessories i doubt you would have done anything for the 3rd spec.

 

it requires 5 emblems, not 50, which isnt a pain to grind.

Do you actually think before you post?

 

If I don't upgrade my accessories to stage 10 within the next 3 weeks it means I'll never upgrade it? LOL. Did you read the part where I said the jewels expire in 3 weeks? Obviously not. What if they're alts? I'm half expecting some usual bullshit like "alts don't deserve to have accessories higher than stage 1".

 

Also it IS 50 fragments. You think CoS mobs drop the whole emblems? Or do they drop fragments? And yes it IS a pain to grind because it requires running the damn place at least 20 times. Or are you admitting to playing a private server where they drop whole emblems and only take you like 2 runs?

 

Might want to learn to read, or use your brain, before white knighting around as usual.

1 hour ago, Nivalias said:

Don't have to think hard on this one. Last event was last event, and the new spec is new event. And given that you can't collect of the event materials now to upgrade any of them accessoires, what in blazes made you think you could use them on the new spec to begin with?

Uh, getting the new spec to 10 costs just as much, I don't see your point there. 100 Jewels are about enough to get at least one piece of equipment to Stage 10.

Still waiting for that to happen to the demon spirit stones and black rose feathers. But that's only wishful thinking.

New spec is an event? Lolwut.

 

What made me think I can use them on accessories. How about because they're the SAME DAMN ACCESSORIES? Did it say ANYWHERE in the patch notes that dragon jewels "only work on old specs"? So according to your logic if we get a discount on the soul or a new tier is released, existing vials shouldn't work? Because according to you these would be considered "new events".

 

Did you read the part where I said I'm not in a hurry to get them to 10 and the only reason that's even an issue is because the dragon jewels expire in 3 weeks?

 

 

 

I swear this forum is like reddit at 2am where the only posts you'll see are shitposts or white knights who are lobbying to make this game 10x as grindy.

Edited by PetPuggi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
16 minutes ago, PetPuggi said:

If I don't upgrade my accessories to stage 10 within the next 3 weeks it means I'll never upgrade it? LOL. Did you read the part where I said the jewels expire in 3 weeks? Obviously not. What if they're alts? I'm half expecting some usual bullshit like "alts don't deserve to have accessories higher than stage 1".

thyen where is the issue? Upgrade them to stage 10 and swap, you are literally making an issue where there is none. What gear your alts have is up to you, but since the jewels arent account bount you can only use them on alts if you did the event on them. I upgraded 2 accessories to stage 10 during the event just for the red crux, if you didnt manage to upgrade a single one it just means you are bad.

 

18 minutes ago, PetPuggi said:

What made me think I can use them on accessories. How about because they're the SAME DAMN ACCESSORIES? Did it say ANYWHERE in the patch notes that dragon jewels "only work on old specs"? So according to your logic if we get a discount on the soul or a new tier is released, existing vials shouldn't work? Because according to you these would be considered "new events".

What he means event was for accessories available at the event duration.. 3rd spec are technically new accessories and it makes perfect sense they are excluded from it.

 

19 minutes ago, PetPuggi said:

Did you read the part where I said I'm not in a hurry to get them to 10 and the only reason that's even an issue is because the dragon jewels expire in 3 weeks?

then use them? i literally do not see the issue here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nivalias   
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Did you read the part where I said I'm not in a hurry to get them to 10 and the only reason that's even an issue is because the dragon jewels expire in 3 weeks?

So, you're basically saying you're struggling with breakthrough? Although it wasn't a far fetch to complete your daylies when you did the event dungeons, so if you bothered to go that extra mile, you should have enough materials at hand to get at least somewhere with those Jewels.

 

16 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Did it say ANYWHERE in the patch notes that dragon jewels "only work on old specs"?

Like my preposter put it, the 3rd spec is a new accessoire set that was unavailable during the event period, so it shouldn't be qualified for upgrading with the event materials.

And by the way, the patch notes did explicitly specify which accessoires the Jewels could be used on. Granted, it's pretty unfortunate, that most of the items have the same name, but fundamental logic + the knowledge that NCSoft is pretty cheap would easily tell you that what you're trying was definetly not gonna work.

For some instances, you should be glad it's not like this, because if you'd allow these Jewels to be used on the third spec, you'd also have to use the other event tokens for breakthrough, which can be transmuted now, but I'm pretty sure BT accessoires didn't require Premium Transformations Stones before the event came.

 

16 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

I swear this forum is like reddit at 2am where the only posts you'll see are shitposts or white knights who are lobbying to make this game 10x as grindy.

16 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Do you actually think before you post?

Also, pots don't get to call the kettle black. :p

Edited by Nivalias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe use them on "old spec" accessory and then swap to new spec one at lvl 10? Or invest them into non-spec one like gloves or necklace. Swapping bt accessories should be cheap - takes dragon express emblem. And 100 jewels might be just enough to raise 1 accessory to 10.

Edited by Dru Lockheart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakuzan   

Why dont you just upgrade your current accesories, and then swap to 3rd spec?

With the free jewels from the event, and a bit of gold, i managed to upgrade both BT accesories on my 4 characters, and on my BM, i just swapped when the event came out

Is it really that hard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this