Forums

New perf + hanging probs today

Astarae

Is something wrong w/the network or is there a DoS attack going on?  My pings which were hitting 99ms yesterday afternoon, are hitting over 300ms with some activities causing a connection drop & game crash.  Heard similar from others, including outright crashes from people who'd never had it crash before.  Ug.

That you have no problems might indicate something about your equipment and internet connection that might also explain why you don't have difficulty completing game challenges or doing timed mechs.  I find it interesting that I can go from under 100ms response time on several days to maybe 130-140 during busy times, to over 1800ms (according to the ingame display) with one showing over 9000ms!  I tried to take a screen shot, but my keyboard was locked out.  Instead, I've lost connection to the game completely about 5-6 times in the past day -- would likely have been more if I hadn't found it depressing enough to stay out for hours at a time when some events happened.

Perhaps if we compare your connection and your friends' connections to those having problems it might help find multiple problems.

Edited by Astarae

Well, the issue might be your ISP's connection route (no i am not saying your ISP is the problem, just the route they use to connect to the server) best way to test it is via a ping program like pingzapper or wtfast even, then you can see if your connection wil lstill have spikes, if it wont, the issue is the routing of your isp.

I normally have between 100-150 ping, never had it really spike up to 300+ unless my ps4 starts downloading something lol,

I can use traceroute to find the route to the server.  It isn't really dynamic.

I have seen variation in ping based on server load, which means the biggest variation is due to

server load + changes on the server.  The ping time on the route doesn't vary by more than about

4-5ms.