LoxyDare

Select Region on Log in

Recommended Posts

LoxyDare   

While I was logging in I saw the option that has select region on it does this mean I can play on Oceania server because this is the nearest server in my country or is it still NA and EU

 

P.S Im from Philippines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 5 Minuten schrieb LoxyDare:

While I was logging in I saw the option that has select region on it does this mean I can play on Oceania server because this is the nearest server in my country or is it still NA and EU

 

P.S Im from Philippines

You can play on the phillippine server. I am not sure if it was vietnam or philippines thou anyway there are some Asian servers you probably will have a better ping.

 

1. China

2. Korea

3. Japan

4. Vietnam or Philippines (like i said not sure which one it was its the newest server)

5. Russia (shouldnt have much of an impact for you i get nearly the same ms on RU as i get on EU)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 11 Minuten schrieb JimmyBNS:

Does this happen on next patch?

There will be no such thing. He probably saw NA/EU since you can switch between thoose two in the launcher and thought oh maybe i can do this. Since there is no Oceania Server existing he wont be able to. I listed all servers above but thoose are entirely different regions from ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyBNS   
10 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

There will be no such thing. He probably saw NA/EU since you can switch between thoose two in the launcher and thought oh maybe i can do this. Since there is no Oceania Server existing he wont be able to. I listed all servers above but thoose are entirely different regions from ours.

Well I logon from Oceania it still said "Yura" chars that was nothing happen at the moment. So was it already made Oceania server or we need to reinstall BnS? I used BnS Buddy it was nothing showing up with Oceania server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gerade eben schrieb JimmyBNS:

Well I logon from Oceania it still said "Yura" chars that was nothing happen at the moment. So was it already made Oceania server or we need to reinstall BnS? I used BnS Buddy it was nothing showing up with Oceania server

BNS Buddy is launching from your NA Client i guess which cannot log into anything else than North America and EU. North American Servers are somewhere in dallas and EU Server are somewhere in Frankfurt. Even if it says Oceania in BNS Buddy you are still connecting to America/Dallas. If you want to play on an Asian server you are forced to play in another region just like China or Japan. It dosent matter what you do you cant log in to asia to get a connection to america this is physically not possible atleast not with the technologie we have as a species yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyBNS   
4 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

BNS Buddy is launching from your NA Client i guess which cannot log into anything else than North America and EU. North American Servers are somewhere in dallas and EU Server are somewhere in Frankfurt. Even if it says Oceania in BNS Buddy you are still connecting to America/Dallas. If you want to play on an Asian server you are forced to play in another region just like China or Japan. It dosent matter what you do you cant log in to asia to get a connection to america this is physically not possible atleast not with the technologie we have as a species yet.

Oh okay thanks I'd really want to play low ping on Oceania server than NA. People have own Diablo III chars on NA they can still connect to Oceania server with same chars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 9 Minuten schrieb JimmyBNS:

Oh okay thanks I'd really want to play low ping on Oceania server than NA. People have own Diablo III chars on NA they can still connect to Oceania server with same chars.

Well what is your current ping ? have you ever considered playing on asian servers ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Minuten schrieb LaraKelly:

unknown.png
It's actually a weird new option on the launcher

@Baskerville Can you explain this ? as far as i know there is only one existing server which is located in dallas (Frankfurt for EU). I dont think NC is gonna invest into more server locations so why does this option exist ? It shouldnt make any difference what i am picking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

@Baskerville Can you explain this ? as far as i know there is only one existing server which is located in dallas (Frankfurt for EU). I dont think NC is gonna invest into more server locations so why does this option exist ? It shouldnt make any difference what i am picking.

Maybe those are placebo servers.  Put there to make you think you will get better ping than you really will.  All joking aside, I must admit I'm just as confused as you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

27 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

@Baskerville Can you explain this ? as far as i know there is only one existing server which is located in dallas (Frankfurt for EU). I dont think NC is gonna invest into more server locations so why does this option exist ? It shouldnt make any difference what i am picking.

We are looking into this at the moment, but to my knowledge, this is not connected to any server selection for Blade & Soul. This might have been an intended or unintended change due to the implementation of the North American Lineage II version into the NC Launcher 2.0. At this moment this is all the info I can currently provide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

We can now confirm that this is intended behaviour. Since the NC Launcher 2.0 is used as a global launcher you will be prompted with a region selection upon the first login. This setting will remain as the default until changed manually and has no impact on server or language selection, which is done within the launcher after you have logged in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ketsura   
14 hours ago, Baskerville said:

Hi all,

We can now confirm that this is intended behaviour. Since the NC Launcher 2.0 is used as a global launcher you will be prompted with a region selection upon the first login. This setting will remain as the default until changed manually and has no impact on server or language selection, which is done within the launcher after you have logged in.

That means if we login in South America, u are gonna be still on NA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ketsura said:

That means if we login in South America, u are gonna be still on NA?

Yes, this setting has no reality altering properties I am afraid. Jokes aside, there were no changes made to servers and their location. Before logging into the launcher, you will have to choose the region and on that basis, we will display the games that NCSOFT is publishing in this region. After you have logged in, you'll choose the game you want to play. In the case of Blade & Soul, before you can start the game, you will have to choose the server location — North America or Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyBNS   
16 hours ago, Baskerville said:

Yes, this setting has no reality altering properties I am afraid. Jokes aside, there were no changes made to servers and their location. Before logging into the launcher, you will have to choose the region and on that basis, we will display the games that NCSOFT is publishing in this region. After you have logged in, you'll choose the game you want to play. In the case of Blade & Soul, before you can start the game, you will have to choose the server location — North America or Europe.

Thanks so much for more clarifying. Hopefully Oceania server will be added soon in the future :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimmyBNS said:

Hopefully Oceania server will be added soon in the future :(

There's a famous scatological saying about having hope in one hand that applies in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now