Great move

Woah64

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Its not BS. You are just looking at the wrong side of the reduction.

Right now you need a ton of oils to reach True Tiger / Draon stage. After reduction those 2 stages will be much more easier to get for players. The new soul tiers dont make a difference in it especially since the long soul only gives a bit more crit damage and mystic, while the AP bonus remains the same.

Many players are stuck at a point they cant get to the true tiger / dragon , the reduction will basically boost their soul high up, regardless of new tier of upgrade or not, they dont expect to have the max new soul, they expect to get to the point where "whales" are now which will be much easier.

I think you've been playing this game for a few years. You can easily respond to this.

Why NCS do gear price reduction all the time?

When this reduced the difference between players?

Why you think this time is diferente?

The only thing that changes is now ppl go get stuck with a little more gear. and this is what NCS has been doing all these years. (establishes minimum gear and give almost for free)

But it does not really matter because everything goes up. (more upgrades more AP for new dungeons….) 

So What's your point? Why is this so good and different? 

It's cheaper yes. But in reality it does not change anything.

2 hours ago, LilyFU said:

I think you've been playing this game for a few years. You can easily respond to this.

Why NCS do gear price reduction all the time?

When this reduced the difference between players?

Why you think this time is diferente?

The only thing that changes is now ppl go get stuck with a little more gear. and this is what NCS has been doing all these years. (establishes minimum gear and give almost for free)

But it does not really matter because everything goes up. (more upgrades more AP for new dungeons….) 

So What's your point? Why is this so good and different? 

I mean ofc they do creductions, so that those lesser geared can boost a bit and do higher content. I am 100% sure this soul reduction will help a lot of raids who struggle with DPS. So yes it does make a huge difference.

There will always be a gap between players, like it is in most games, bns is not that different. The entire point is to make curent "meta" more achievable for players, while keeping the new tier upgrades expensive for the already geared ones. This way the gap "shortens" a bit at least in terms of soul.

Most players dont really care about the new tier soul, because they are being realistic and they know they wont be getting it anytime soon, so right now their goal is true tiger / dragon which came very close within their reach. that alone makes them happy,

dont get me wrong, i understand what you are trying to say, but i have a feeling you are not looking at this as objectively.

I think most of the people who are arguing negatively against this cost-reduction update are failing to see the huge picture.

Currently, upgrading Energy and Soul require [Sacred Vials], and keep in mind that this is a upgrade material that isn't accessible in-game via normal farming means (doing dungeons, dailies, weeklies, etc.) Yes, you can buy these on the market, but that's not "farming" them; that's buying them, and they usually go for ~200g/ vial, which is expensive.

The best, and probably only times when people are able to farm or purchase vials through microtransactions are through events, and those don't happen as often. They can also be bought through the Hongmoon Store, but they rarely show up, and unfortunately, they require real cash. Considering that most events are usually made in favor towards people who've played this game entirely through already (not referring only to end-game, high-geared players), new players are usually left out, and when they reach what's considered the "end-game farm" for Blade & Soul, the event might already be over.

This update was designed in favor of the new players who could struggle upgrading their Energy and Soul and farming for the required materials right out of the Level 60 gate, and right out of finishing the story all the way through. When the update goes live, a lot of new players will likely have an easier time upgrading their Soul and Energy, both of which are important due to providing not only AP, but Boss AP buffs and overall damage. The developers replaced these vials with materials we can farm by normal means, and that's a huge victory when it comes to upgrading because people would always leave Soul and Energy last to upgrade due to how expensive upgrading both were. But now, we can upgrade them up to Orange with non-expensive materials, which is beneficial nonetheless.

• Like 1

Someone on these forums mentioned how people are in a rush to get the highest-tiered gear, which results in them spending real money or being angry at small changes to gear upgrade costs that to them makes no difference. Myself and a few others agreed with this given that this is how many players are in Blade & Soul, and this angry is exemplified just from reading some of these comments. 

I would like to ask why people are in such a rush; there really isn't a need to rush it, which could explain why people are not satisfied by this cost-reduction update and only want more that they may never get. If people used a [Level 60 Voucher] and went straight to the "end-game farm," the dailies and weeklies they could do are doable right out of the level gate. Doing the Orange Quests to get the Orange accessories further improves this, and they aren't hard to do. I've spoken to a few people who could farm plenty with just 1100 AP, and that's proof that there's no rush to acquiring the highest-leveled gear, unless you're trying to be a carry.

No one has a real reason to rush to have maxed out gear unless you have a drive to be the best player in this game, or want to dominate a horribly-designed PvP system.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LilyFU said:

It makes a whole difference to players who are new to this game, or use a [Level 60 Voucher] to rush right out of the level gate. It also makes a huge difference when considering upgrade requirements being obtainable via normal, grind means, vs. obtainable by spending real money or doing limited events.

Why is making something cheaper not something you suit well with? The developers are trying to make the game easier to play and less unfair for new players, which is what this game really needs right now. It isn't going to survive on old veterans. Without new players, this game goes down the drain.

• Like 1

I'd agree with OP if only it was just cost reduction. But it's not, it's also adding up new tiers of the soul. Which means what's going to happen is that the "acceptable line" will simply shift up. Basically, the same which happened with heart / other similar things (like 8 gems instead of 6): what it really meant that to be competitive / not kicked from pub groups you would need to upgrade your stuff several tiers more now.

And come to think of it - it's a valid business-plan for NCSOFT. They have now a ridiculously high prices for the soul. "No one / few ones are buying". "Let's inflate it!" - and so the choice is between "no sales" vs "bit cheaper prices for sales" and they correctly choose the second option. But for the regular player.. sigh, yeah.. you'll need those oils to go for a True Dragon tier or so.. as it will be now a new separation line between "plebs and lords" (also, the attitude in the community definitely not helps the case).

3 hours ago, Dellecross said:

I'd agree with OP if only it was just cost reduction. But it's not, it's also adding up new tiers of the soul. Which means what's going to happen is that the "acceptable line" will simply shift up. Basically, the same which happened with heart / other similar things (like 8 gems instead of 6): what it really meant that to be competitive / not kicked from pub groups you would need to upgrade your stuff several tiers more now.

And come to think of it - it's a valid business-plan for NCSOFT. They have now a ridiculously high prices for the soul. "No one / few ones are buying". "Let's inflate it!" - and so the choice is between "no sales" vs "bit cheaper prices for sales" and they correctly choose the second option. But for the regular player.. sigh, yeah.. you'll need those oils to go for a True Dragon tier or so.. as it will be now a new separation line between "plebs and lords" (also, the attitude in the community definitely not helps the case).

Actually, we should have gotten the new soul tier already  a few months back, but they decided to push it out and not release it with the heart together.

You need to consider this:

Right now even the current end soul is unreachable to some players, so whether new tiers come or not that situation wont change, they will still be unable to reach the end tier, but they will be able to get a significant upgrade at a cheaper cost.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Right now even the current end soul is unreachable to some players, so whether new tiers come or not that situation wont change, they will still be unable to reach the end tier, but they will be able to get a significant upgrade at a cheaper cost.

This is true, but the problem is that the "absolute" value means almost nothing to the community of BnS. But the "relative" does. 

To illustrate: before I left for a break (around March), we did MSP with parties of .. 1.1k AP. Not easy, but with a good tank it was an ok thing (and there were no webs back then, also I had around 50% less HP than I do now). Now it's practically impossible to get in 1-6 if you're 1.1k AP, only if you're in the clan and there are truly nice clanmates there. Pubs want 1.4k AP as the starters, for ok groups you need 1.5k and VT and for good parties you need 1.6k and TT. It's all because the "average level" was pushed up quite a lot.

So it doesn't much matter if current tiers will be more accessible to new players - the community will judge everyone according to the new standards and so what was "ok" now will be "what, you have that? pleb.." later.

Edited by Dellecross

1 hour ago, Dellecross said:

So it doesn't much matter if current tiers will be more accessible to new players - the community will judge everyone according to the new standards and so what was "ok" now will be "what, you have that? pleb.." later.

You need to look at it from a different perspective aswel, those discounts will allow many players to boost their soul, which in turn will boost their damage quite a bit, the more damage they will be able to pull out, the easier it will be for them to clear VT / TT content, which in turn will get them better geared. (I know a bit too optimistic view but that's how I expect this to go)

14 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

which in turn will get them better geared. (I know a bit too optimistic view but that's how I expect this to go)

Yeah, that much is right. I don't say it's a bad move that the reduction + power creep is happening - I just don't see it as a "great" one either. I also suspect that new content (dungeon, ET) will implicitly be balanced around new gear tiers, so it's again - the circle continues.

Edited by Dellecross

4 hours ago, Dellecross said:

To illustrate: before I left for a break (around March), we did MSP with parties of .. 1.1k AP. Not easy, but with a good tank it was an ok thing (and there were no webs back then, also I had around 50% less HP than I do now). Now it's practically impossible to get in 1-6 if you're 1.1k AP, only if you're in the clan and there are truly nice clanmates there. Pubs want 1.4k AP as the starters, for ok groups you need 1.5k and VT and for good parties you need 1.6k and TT. It's all because the "average level" was pushed up quite a lot.

There's a reason the MSP AP requirement is at 1400+ AP. It isn't an easy raid that you can just run in, do it, then run out in a heartbeat. It's essentially a raid, and there's a reason why it requires a 12-player raiding party to be established before initiating the instance.

If you feel this requirement is too high, then why do MSP? When I realized people kept asking for Aransu 6+ for only MSP, that's when I stopped and no longer bothered dealing with it. Ever since I stopped, I was able to farm Dailies across all my alt. characters every day, on top of getting a decent gold and material farm, all of which surpasses doing one MSP run, even more. Given how long it takes to find a decent MSP party that doesn't demand you have Aransu 6+, it's not worth it.

4 hours ago, Dellecross said:

Throughout my entire time playing Blade & Soul, I've rarely seen people openly criticize me for not having Aransu at my current level, nor have I criticized others about their gear. Where are you getting this from?

Also, why are people still angry at these cost reductions? Would people prefer upgrading through expending an expensive resource that isn't even obtainable by farming? I can't grasp this logic, and I won't bother.

If this is how players are responding to these severe cost reductions, there's not much left for me to say but that I'm worried for how people respond to just about any update pushed to this game.

Edited by Snowyamur

2 hours ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

I have no words, 5 oils for True Cosmic and people still complain. But it's alright, 0 cents spend on this game + 2-3h of play /day, yet I'll have Awakened Tiger 1 at patch day.

I guess the original costs suited well with people. Nothing beats hurting yourself more than trying to upgrade your Soul and Energy with an inaccessible and unfarmable resource like [Sacred Oil], and then when these costs change to requiring actual, farmable materials, people hate the change.

Its very nice the cost reduction will help to gear a lot of alts making the game more alt friendly , but this also means the upcoming events are gonna be nerf prob , this event that is happening u can get 5 oils prob for each character with the cost reduction they prob decrease the amount of oils u can get per character , also if now we using materials i have no doubt they will ninja nerf the drops on materials the non- process ones and the process ones (crystals) the addition on fishing its like no point at this time since we only get outfits wich some people ( lke me ) already have them by crafting them in korea they have material pouches wich is nice if u spending ur time fishing 

On 6/7/2019 at 2:14 PM, qqqq1 said:

ikr .. i dont mind the moonstone crystals and ss crystals  cause those are farmeable easy ...but the elysians man  the elysians ..... every single upgrade ....... 

i cant even upgrade my earring cause i wont have any elsyains left for soul ....

they should balance out certain mats so it doesnt conflict with other upgrades. weapon and accs uses moonstone 

other items uses that .

and the amount of elysians are crazy 

u need like over 120 elysian to buy jewel just to max an accs......not counting  break.though elysians.

so if ur gonna upgrade soul u literally cant upgrade a thing cause soul uses ever mat in game ............

i dont know about a next guy

coughs:

i dont have infinite mats where i can throw 200 elysian on an upgrade and feels like nothing 

its impossible ingame to get more than 50 elysian in a day and to get 50 requires u to be at pc all day .....not counting weekly mats ......or what raids give u ..am talkiong on a daily basis.

you will have to buy them , thats nc trick in all of this ..... making something hard to get on demand .........eventually u will have to buy them .... and hopefully when patch drops u market place will have other wise its gonna be scares ...prices will increase yet again .....once demand goes up and supply goes down . so where u get elsyain crystals trove ......

thats the game play here ...so saying they are farmable is just a preety way of saying ... u gonna have to buy them cuase it not possible to farm that many elsyian 

you can actually farm Elysians easy going to MSP... farm Elysian Orb and convert... you get lots of them every run...

I think it would be an overall better soul "reduction" if we actually got the reduction KR got instead of this cost redistribution. Everything now has to cost farm-able mats to upgrade, so now you have to choose between upgrading accessories or weapon vs upgrading your soul, which at higher stages still costs oils, plus a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ton of mats. Just like with what happened to the BT/TT accessory cost "reduction" to not cost as much, but then adding a metric ton of soulstones to the cost for no reason.  

Those who farmed event oils on multiple alts to fund their souls can't just do that.
It was already a pain to farm oils with evo stone drop rates for those who crafted oils, and now you spend more time farming materials than actually running other content (I'm talking to you people who insist MSP spam is the way to go, enjoy your burnout).  
It may cost less in terms of gold, but it's still not easy to farm or upgrade with the amount of mats that are required. GG. 

Soulstone Crystal 2250, Moonstone Crystal 563, Sacred Crystal 2250, Elysian Crystal 563 Sacred Oils 66 - Is only a cost reduction in total of 38 oils instead of the 66 oil reduction that shows. From True Cosmic to True Tiger. 
This is just my opinion, and I'm a bit skewed that we didn't get the flat price reduction like KR did.