Discussion about fixing pvp (and the rest of the game)

To all those people complaining about the pvp changes... yes they are annoying and may make the modes dead.... but really the modes are already dead or dying, this is due to ncsoft not optimizing the game nor fixing the server so people dont spike every where (look at mushins tower... thats an area that becomes a lag storm almost due to it almost being cross server)  so only a select few who are graced with great ping and a computer that isnt fried when playing the game can do pvp... and even fewer of those can deal huge damage in BGs.

A lot of the issue  comes from the lack of optimization, no wants to play the modes if they are gonna be 3 seconds behind suddenly (hyperbole ik but you get the idea) or be one shot by a parry piercing ability. Fix the game and servers and people will start playing again because the game is smoother (which also applies to raids and other content but shhh)

(Side note even if ping was stable and the game ran well i wouldnt do pvp because thats not something i enjoy, ive only done pvp out of need)

2 hours ago, qqqq1 said:

pvp is not rewarding they never had a pvp event to give interest to the modes .....  they just lazy and dont wanna fix anything

a PVP event will not fix anything, if someone does not like pvp , even a event wont make them take part. Also pvp is rewarding for those that actually do pvp...the amounts of materials you get is crazy,.

Well what made people quit?
Last patch awakened skills... lots quit..
When they announced they stopped pvp tournaments in EU/NA.. also lots quit..
Constant broken classes that everyone rerolls to for free rating..
Nonsense like 1 hitting at 6v6, untabable air combo's, wallbang, 1hitting from air combos, running circles.
Server issue, many people have issues with these amazon cloud servers ;/ old servers I had a stable 60ms ping now its all over the place.. from 80 to 120/150, during peak times spikes up to 500...
Bad optimization lags.
Ncsoft not listening to it's players..
No pvp event's, grimoir might think it doesn't help getting people to like it and that might be true in many cases... but it doesn't mean it cant get anyone interested in it, or at least help keep a mode more alive.
Being farmed by high rank people on their alts (ye I know i'm guilty of that aswell) (wouldn't mind if they limit it to 1 class reward per acc if they would give us tickets/class change tho -.-)

And ofc other reasons like pve for pvp gear, rng boxes..

Edited by SkFy

27 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

a PVP event will not fix anything, if someone does not like pvp , even a event wont make them take part. Also pvp is rewarding for those that actually do pvp...the amounts of materials you get is crazy,.

thats the same as saying if someone one does not like pve an event wont let them take part .

last pvp event like 2 years ago people were interacting with the modes yea u have afk teams but who cares at least people can enjoy and get a chance to rank to get season rewards right now ... like 10 people gold in tags from each class all those ranking spaces going to waste. as if u not gold u get rank even if u 50th hightest rank  with 1500 plus ...it has reash that point now .

blade and soul force people who doesnt pve to do pve content to get acc needed top pvp with ......  which is just sad

i dont see why it shoudlnt be the same way around .....

this game is not a pve game only ..... the way the game as been running for a while is sad to say compared to when we just came and open world pvp was popular arena had people qing on tags days ...

now they cutting out all of that 1 by 1 

and what they dont realise the people leaving is people who cant afford this games price tag....... pvpers who got bored ,new comers who get to lvl 60 or 55 and leave after getting kick few times to know nthey gonna have to get 3 jobs and dish out dough to survive among the wolves only to see max dps now is around 2 mil lol

Edited by qqqq1

2 minutes ago, SkFy said:

Well what made people quit?
Last patch awakened skills... lots quit..
When they announced they stopped pvp tournaments in EU/NA.. also lots quit..
Constant broken classes that everyone rerolls to for free rating..
Nonsense like 1 hitting at 6v6, untabable air combo's, wallbang, 1hitting from air combos, running circles.
Server issue, many people have issues with these amazon cloud servers ;/ old servers I had a stable 60ms ping now its all over the place.. from 80 to 120/150, during peak times spikes up to 500...
Bad optimization lags.
Ncsoft not listening to it's players..
No pvp event's, grimoir might think it doesn't help getting people to like it and that might be true in many cases... but it doesn't mean it cant get anyone interested in it, or at least help keep a mode more alive.
Being farmed by high rank people on their alts (ye I know i'm guilty of that aswell) (wouldn't mind if they limit it to 1 class reward per acc if they would give us tickets/class change tho -.-)

all this is true 

baSICALLY 

if a new player comes in the game ....tries out pvp ......goes to tag match ...he will clikc solo queue stay in q for 1hr then never queues again.....

they dont come up with something to make getting a 3v3 party easier .......... remove ready button to link button to advertise for a pty then link button becomes ready button ...

its so easier ..i find it very evil to watch people solo q for 1 hr  or 30 minutes and not do something about it ....theres a diosconnect between nc and the people who actually play the game .

they need to do some surveys and get in some feed back from ppl....

1 hour ago, qqqq1 said:

thats the same as saying if someone one does not like pve an event wont let them take part .

last pvp event like 2 years ago people were interacting with the modes yea u have afk teams but who cares at least people can enjoy and get a chance to rank to get season rewards right now ... like 10 people gold in tags from each class all those ranking spaces going to waste. as if u not gold u get rank even if u 50th hightest rank  with 1500 plus ...it has reash that point now .

blade and soul force people who doesnt pve to do pve content to get acc needed top pvp with ......  which is just sad

i dont see why it shoudlnt be the same way around .....

this game is not a pve game only ..... the way the game as been running for a while is sad to say compared to when we just came and open world pvp was popular arena had people qing on tags days ...

now they cutting out all of that 1 by 1 

and what they dont realise the people leaving is people who cant afford this games price tag....... pvpers who got bored ,new comers who get to lvl 60 or 55 and leave after getting kick few times to know nthey gonna have to get 3 jobs and dish out dough to survive among the wolves only to see max dps now is around 2 mil lol

No it is not, more people  play the game for the pve aspect than pvp. 

also i dont know what game you play but it is exactly the same way around between PVP and PVE.

PVP players need to do PVE for accessories, which can be sold on the market if its the boxed versions

PVE players need to do PVP for soulstones and moonstones, which can be sold on the market.

So both even eachother out.

And the point is, players are more willing to do PVE than PVP. Doesnt matter what PVP event you put it on people that dont like pvp will not do it., you had a perfect example in the blade and soulmate event where you had to spin the wheel for the heart.

spreading out the Seasonal rewards would make people play more once they hit gold, 

I reached 1700 rating in Beluga in the first week of this season and am i am still ranked top 15 right now.

I am really afraid to play a game and lose 70+ rating,  would lose all the HM coins when the season ends, if the HM coins were balanced around a weekly reward instead of seasonal , people world join more often.

The PvP Soulshield are way too expensive to get, add a random Soulshield box to the weekly reward of the current soulshield that contains a random 1-8 piece.

It wills till take a very long time to get the right value on it even with a free one each week.

PvP acc locked behind 100 dungeon runs is pretty bad too.

1 minute ago, Arohk said:

spreading out the Seasonal rewards would make people play more once they hit gold, 

I reached 1700 rating in Beluga in the first week of this season and am i am still ranked top 15 right now.

I am really afraid to play a game and lose 70+ rating,  would lose all the HM coins when the season ends, if the HM coins were balanced around a weekly reward instead of seasonal , people world join more often.

The PvP Soulshield are way too expensive to get, add a random Soulshield box to the weekly reward of the current soulshield that contains a random 1-8 piece.

It wills till take a very long time to get the right value on it even with a free one each week.

PvP acc locked behind 100 dungeon runs is pretty bad too.

dont get me started on the pvp soul shields the nova core ones ...... i had a struggle i tell u ,lol

to get ss for bg ..... use it on weapon or use it on acc upgrade .blood stone wise 

also the wwv ss are so expensive i cant even sponor my alt 1 cause cost so much bloodstone and las titme i check i need tag participation to get know thine enemy pvp quest ...wwv ss and we all know what happen to tag.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

No it is not, more people  play the game for the pve aspect than pvp. 

also i dont know what game you play but it is exactly the same way around between PVP and PVE.

PVP players need to do PVE for accessories, which can be sold on the market if its the boxed versions

PVE players need to do PVP for soulstones and moonstones, which can be sold on the market.

So both even eachother out.

And the point is, players are more willing to do PVE than PVP. Doesnt matter what PVP event you put it on people that dont like pvp will not do it., you had a perfect example in the blade and soulmate event where you had to spin the wheel for the heart.

you or nobody will know that , cause when u have a max gear pver... he have pvp gear also ...... most of the time .

also u are wrong again ...being force to do something , and doing something cause u want gold is two different things.

a pver doesnt need to do arena or bg to get mats he can upgrade and get mats just by pveing ...

its not possible to be decent in pvp without pvp gear which comes stirctly from pve u cant pvp for it .....

now they added the low tier ones to refuge but look at gloves and  bracelet .,...

in got mine by thowing in dollars but

point is the balance of treatment is always pve ....

if they force people to pvp for stuff thats needed to upgrade people will pvp ...

so u can say ppl enjoy that more  pve more cause pve is active ......

not everyone pve cause they love it people out there too who do it because they need the breakthrough material ..i had to spam hh just to upgrade my pvp bracelet look into that whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????

the people who leave the game are the pvpers and it shows very much in arena those who might be interested in pvp comes see its dead and just forget it