Merchant of Wonders - Unreasonable Prices

Soragami

In the last patch notes, there was this "promising" sentence:

s6XrnBl.png

Today I encountered this Merchant of Wonders in Sandstorm Temple:

xQACRt4.png

Dear NCSoft

Do you guys have any idea, how much these are actually worth? Because it sure doesn't seem that way.

Buying these Soulshields from a Sellraid would cost max. 50g per piece. Nobody would ever pay 280g for a Soulshield that isn't even BiS anymore.

While this is one of the more extreme examples, there are dozens of items from that merchant, which are way too expensive.

Please try to adjust these prices to make them at least remotely reasonable.

Because AFAIK the Merchant of Wonders was supposed to offer items at a discounted price. And that is definitely not what he's doing right now.

Thanks

The prices were actually twice expensive before.

Though I agree that it is still startling expensive. Sure, TT SS has become much more easier to access, but SS box is a bunch of RNG. You may spend over 500g for a SS box 5-8 without a single desired stat, which you will have to replace, thus wasting 500g for nothing but a piece of SS that only servers as a placeholder at best.

I think they should added gold+GC wings instead. Base prices should be 50g for SS 1-4, and 100g for SS5-8, and require GC wings that is only about one-third of premium dragon express.

Western version of merchant of wonders sells bunch of ripoff items, best you stay away from it.

It's only there for aesthetics. Only sells crap nobody wants most of the time it appear. When stuff that we want appear, it became a joke, just like that tt soulshields.

Edited by Ishtar

13 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Western version of merchant of wonders sells bunch of ripoff items, best you stay away from it.

It's only there for aesthetics. Only sells crap nobody wants most of the time it appear. When stuff that we want appear, it became a joke, just like that tt soulshields.

So what does the eastern, or European version, of the Merchant of Wonders sell, then @Ishtar?

There's no European version here, only NCWEST, unless you're referring to Russian version.

As for eastern version, pretty sure the price a lot cheaper than west, in west everything overprice.

Edited by Ishtar

1 hour ago, Ishtar said:

There's no European version here, only NCWEST, unless you're referring to Russian version.

As for eastern version, pretty sure the price a lot cheaper than west, in west everything overprice.

Okay, then I'll ask what the eastern version of the Merchant of Wonders sells? I'm not asking for how cheaper the prices are over there; I'm asking what they sell.

1 hour ago, Snowyamur said:

Okay, then I'll ask what the eastern version of the Merchant of Wonders sells? I'm not asking for how cheaper the prices are over there; I'm asking what they sell.

I don't play it anymore, so i wouldn't know, however before ncwest i used to play cnbns, iirc they offer better stuff, e.g gems, various costumes, stuff you wouldn't normally get easily. Merchant of wonders should normally offer rare stuff, but here we get useless item most of the times, (low quantity) and overprice at that.. and when good stuff appear, it's overprice...(and the rare stuff i see so far are not so rare f10 costume that we often get and tt soul shield, the rest are just stuff you can get from f5) 

Edited by Ishtar