I was Just wondering some of you also dislike the idle animation ?

Izuna Kazumi

I might be just picky but I found the idle stance rather distracting sometimes a I will have less issues with it if it did not happen so quick

Like you wanna check something calm on the map the idle stance example blade dancer Lyn

Will take your attention surely as it darker the screen for a short second at the end of the move

T can just be me being picky as there are some good ones but I found it more a hindrances some times a option to maybe turn them on or off will be nice to have 

What are your guys opinion ?im kinda curious 

Edited by LCtails
Title was written wrong

I don't really have any issues with character idle animations. I'm happy that characters even have idle animations to begin with because that's extra work on the animators.

I'd really like it if we could choose our own idle animations though for the four races, similar to how we could do it in the character creation screen.

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, there was another topic about this, with some users disliking it so much that they unequip their weapons when going idle. Being able to toggle this on and off (and the same goes for premium windwalk effects) could be a nice detail to have.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

I don't really have any issues with character idle animations. I'm happy that characters even have idle animations to begin with because that's extra work on the animators.

I'd really like it if we could choose our own idle animations though for the four races, similar to how we could do it in the character creation screen.

True sound interesting to have i don't really dis dislike it per say but it is just annoying when you just calm managing your quest or items 

Thanks for your opinion on it i do am interested to see what more comes i just hope there be a way to toggle it 

I did read you can just remove your weapon for it so i be doing that for now

Edited by LCtails

My main problem with those is that they're not really idle animations but more emotes. They're far too active and flashy. I dont mind having them on command but if im just checking out something or worse, crowds of afking people it gets distracting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Granger said:

My main problem with those is that they're not really idle animations but more emotes. They're far too active and flashy. I dont mind having them on command but if im just checking out something or worse, crowds of afking people it gets distracting.

Yeah true that moment it really start to stand out a distracting me

I hate my Guardian Warden's idle with a passion.

The air-guitar playing idle is completely out of place. The class has nothing to deal with music.

Guardian is like a Paladin: tough and can heal with certain talents. I would much prefer if my Warden does a sword salute instead.

9 hours ago, Granger said:

Even the flashiness isn't so much troublesome, if it was just kept in moderation. But seeing the same animation 2 out of 3 times really gets boring fast.

On 24/05/2019 at 11:26 PM, Snowyamur said:

the animations are not new, they are recycled.

On 25/05/2019 at 8:13 PM, Kozuki said:

I hate my Guardian Warden's idle with a passion.

The air-guitar playing idle is completely out of place. The class has nothing to deal with music.

Guardian is like a Paladin: tough and can heal with certain talents. I would much prefer if my Warden does a sword salute instead.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/3f/d4/4f3fd4095c0c6bb1bdc3a6ed4cc704b3.jpg

something like this?

Edited by RavTH
  • Like 1

On 28.5.2019 at 7:56 PM, RavTH said:

the animations are not new, they are recycled.

Nobody said they were new.

Although I can't say I remember seeing them before in the game, unless they got phased out within the first 3 months after release.

If so then why? Were people complaining back then as well? Are they including them back in now to see whether opions haven't changed?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i dont see how people can dislike the idle animation.....its not distracting at all ...... if unequiping weapon disable the effect well thats a fix but going out of way to give option to disable it, is a waste. 

the only reason i would say idle animation is annoying , is it can give u away depending on your class in br when you make sounds  . but tbh ..its needed to find those cowards who hide.

other wise its just being picky .

also warden doesnt have anything to do with guitar but its the same thing as using a brush as mic ........ 

On 22/07/2019 at 12:57 AM, Miggy Miggs said:

i dont see how people can dislike the idle animation.....its not distracting at all ...... if unequiping weapon disable the effect well thats a fix but going out of way to give option to disable it, is a waste. 

the only reason i would say idle animation is annoying , is it can give u away depending on your class in br when you make sounds  . but tbh ..its needed to find those cowards who hide.

other wise its just being picky .

also warden doesnt have anything to do with guitar but its the same thing as using a brush as mic ........ 

What do you do?

CTRL+F all the time or you hang out in some isolated area away from the crowds?

I noticed myself over the past couple of weeks that more and more players are removing their weapons when they are not in combat.

Why do you suppose this is?

There is an option to select visuals (If you have them) or is the default - OFF would also be a welcome Option!

This so much. Gets pretty annoying having my summoner constantly, constantly, constantly flapping their arms and cooing like a moron. Or having my BD scream like it's on fire every 10 seconds. On the other hand, some of them are actually somewhat tolerable such as Spectral BM or even FMs. Even if the animations basically repeat nonstop. I'd even be fine with keeping the animations as long as we get the option to shut the characters up.

...Without resorting to muting all voices via the sound menu, of course.