Tower of Memory Quest!!!!

Monsterrupf

I think it'd would simply be best to have an NPC quest giver stand outside so people don't forget. It's unnecessary to add unlimited entry passes because this is a separate instance dungeon that can be done in groups.

• NCSOFT

Hi all,

12 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

I think it'd would simply be best to have an NPC quest giver stand outside so people don't forget. It's unnecessary to add unlimited entry passes because this is a separate instance dungeon that can be done in groups.

This is a fair point, we've forwarded your feedback as suggestion to the Development Team :)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

And why is it necessary or useful to lock the event dungeon in the 1st place?

Just now, Snowyamur said:

Don't you get a reward for completing it? If so, that would be why.

What dungeon does not have a dynamic quest? The only time a reward entitles a lock is if it's something that needs a moderated supply. I.e. event currency, which the dungeon itself does not provide.

38 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

Don't you get a reward for completing it? If so, that would be why.

The event reward is given by the daily. Not by the dynamic. I'd need to run the thing again tomorrow and check where the exp is given, because that would be the only thing (and a pink HP pot) that you get from this dungeon other than access to the daily.

I can barely get through doing it once a day per toon.  Cant imagine why anyone would want to farm that just for the pots. Not worth the time imo when that time can be spent doing purple trains for more valueble materials.  So its kinda pointless to lock it to 1 run per day. Still a quest giver would be nice to remind myself to grab the quest. 

Only reason it's locked to once per day is to prevent people who are still level 20 or so from getting levels too fast too easily (not like it isn't already but still). Both daily quest and dynamic quest gives you xp. Dynamic quest would be farmable since it gets reset when you re-enter the dungeon. That's the reason it being locked, so low level characters wouldn't be able to farm it for level ups.

To fix it you would just need to remove the xp gain from dynamic quest and maybe add it to daily quest and it doesn't need to be locked then now does it.

6 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

Only reason it's locked to once per day is to prevent people who are still level 20 or so from getting levels too fast too easily (not like it isn't already but still). Both daily quest and dynamic quest gives you xp. Dynamic quest would be farmable since it gets reset when you re-enter the dungeon. That's the reason it being locked, so low level characters wouldn't be able to farm it for level ups.

To fix it you would just need to remove the xp gain from dynamic quest and maybe add it to daily quest and it doesn't need to be locked then now does it.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. 99% of the game is at a point where any exp you gained by farming that dungeon at a low level is irrelevant. But, even so, let's say you're Lv20 where the xp makes a temporary difference, everything except your skills is gated behind quest lines. The inconvenience of not having a 2nd chance to complete a limited time, event daily quest far outweighs some petty Lv20 reaching Lv22 too fast and having 0.2% more xp toward HM17 a month from now.

Edited by wefhqweig

8 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. 99% of the game is at a point where any exp you gained by farming that dungeon at a low level is irrelevant. But, even so, let's say you're Lv20 where the xp makes a temporary difference, everything except your skills is gated behind quest lines. The inconvenience of not having a 2nd chance to complete a limited time, event daily quest far outweighs some petty Lv20 reaching Lv22 too fast and having 0.2% more xp toward HM17 a month from now.

As dumb as it sounds, it is the only logical reason as to why they would lock the dungeon to once per day. It's locked because otherwise Korean players might farm the crap out of it, idk if they are that nuts to farm something like that but you never know, and they don't have time to change the settings just to suit us. That's the only logical reasoning to it, end of story.

Even if 20k xp was a legitimate reason to make it once per day dungeon, then why not take the 20k xp out of the dynamic quest and just add it to whatever xp comes from daily, and nerf the dynamic to simply 100 xp (there are dungeons that do that already). That way there's no reason to lock people out of their daily event run if they forget to read 10th letter on the 10th char they do it with. Besides, same issue can happen to people who do read the letter, but get the unfortunate combination of a very long loading screen and very high dps party.

ToM is an old event back when we had no Letter section in Quest Journal. The quest literally rubbed into players' face in daily basis and was always on top of your Quest Tracking window, unless you hid that. Think of daily Hajoon letters. While it was annoying, it actually did a good job in reminding players to take the quest.

Nowadays, the quest are only available in the Letter section. If you are new players, a good chance that you won't know that and miss the quest. Even for veteran players, they may make mistakes after their brain get numbed for alting and forgot to take the quests.

Nevertheless, I think it is okay to ToM dungeon without daily lock. To prevent juicy exp farming, just shift exp from dynamic quest to daily quest. Done. This game has some non-daily-lock dungeon event and they work just fine, such as the sunglassed frog one during summer which is pretty easy to miss the quest credit (you accept quest outside, and have to do that again for an inside NPC. I don't see any good excuse to keep daily-locked even dungeons, outside of laziness to change.