Sign in to follow this  
qqqq1

neglecting Arena load screen, arena, pvp players even with new team

Recommended Posts

qqqq1   

when i saw that some changes were made to staff i was excited to see the new direction of the game but turns out , this team only care about pve content in general ........ since the new team came arena yet again dropped by another 50 percent of active people doing arena .... the last 2 tag match daily of the week were so horrible i doubt that at least 2 tag match went on ... looking in spectate area this week mutliple time i've seen were only 1 match was going on and yea ppl might be far rank apart but lets be real nobody in general was doing it i was literally on an alt at 1400 ...it was in the evening ive seen this happen mid day even night point is .... arena is so dead  and you guys just acted as if u dont care a bit ....releasing so much content and yet nothing  to spice it up ????? not even to update the rewards to current content .....now that only lvl 45 can do it ...how is this game gonna survive in a pvp dominated market .....

 

you guys give dungeon event pouches and couldnt add at least 1 to an arena daily at least 1  time out of the week ... ive seen alot of my pvp friends left this game within a 1 month time span since recently  ....ppl will leave game yes but who are the ppl leaving have you guys sit and disccus and analyze the problem. what can make this game better pvers give u most gold but if your not giving pvpers a reason to spend or stay what business are u running .... who know may be they will love pve content in time but turning out ppl becuase of lack of management is sad..

 

a new event is here..... its all about legendary jewels wow nice yet cant upgrade pvp gear ??? really ----_____---- not even to give another token that do so really why would i bat an eye lash at this event ???

 

arena load screen ppl been complaining since forever yet you guys dont fix even if korea hasnt fixed it .... do some coding thingies and fix it so ppl can enjoy the game ....

 

fm can grab u before u load in and throw u on wall ...gunner can air u so much can go wrong in a 3 second 1 second window ...and the game isnt even optimized ....

 

so i ask what is the purpose of this game >>>>> the bns that i know died a long time ago ..i think its time to try something else 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the contrary, maybe they realized the top PvPer's have no reason to spend money on this game as they can do it with any gear. Then for Battlegrounds and 6s, whales will spend to dominate no matter what really, so again no reason to put effort into changing it. They've probably paid someone to do the math and decided it's worth aiming at the people who spend hundreds or thousands(The people doing 500+ keys/RNG boxes on day 1 and still spending more later) rather than trying to cater to majority of players spending $10-50 a month, because many will still do at least that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanuku   

I'd say something, but I'm not a pvp person. I do admit I see more people wanting pvp than those going for pve in these regions of the World... So maybe it's time MMO publishers start catering to the majority. I mean, there are many pvp whales as well, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, Hanuku said:

I'd say something, but I'm not a pvp person. I do admit I see more people wanting pvp than those going for pve in these regions of the World... So maybe it's time MMO publishers start catering to the majority. I mean, there are many pvp whales as well, right?

bnS is a bit different in terms of PVP...

Arena / BR - Gear plays no role so why should you upgrade anything if you want to do those 2?

Battlegrounds - require PVP gear, and 90% of the players complain because they cant hold up in there with players who are more dedicated to PVP / spend money, so adding anything there would basically exclude a big portion of players.

 

Adding pouches to some dailies was the best option, they are not hard, you dont need maxed out gear to do them, so both PVe and PVP players can partake in it. Plus the PVP players can always upgrade the PVE path of the accessories and then just swap over at stage 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i did PVP, both arena and 6vs6. I stopped playing 6vs6 when 6vs6 became a one shot slaughter festival which doesnt have anithing to do with pvp anymore and its pure p2w. Creditcard anicancel pro player have always max gear and you have less to no chance to kill them.

I stopped Arena when nc-Soft decided it would be a good idea to nerf the season rewards, so only top 100 will get hm-coins.

So why should i play arena, when 10 chars of same class, owned by one player, are in the top 20-50 ranking?

So yeah, instead of saying you can do pvp with 10 chars of same class but only the highest ranked will get the reward nc-soft decided to nerf rewards above top100 ranking.

So let these dudes play with eachother, but i dont want to help them making gold.

Split the game, use items obtained from pvp to upgrade pvp stuff and items obtained from pve to upgrade pve stuff but stop forcing pve players to pvp and the other way around.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qqqq1   

i mean any body into pvp , will love battleground..and they will whale if thats what they want but ...thIS game treat pvp like a THIRD WHEEL ...pvp made this game popular from misty days and ssp but now idk

i thinkn they given up and just focus on money money ..and no focusing on content ppl will love..its just a thirst for power and dps now...and farming your life away.

 

arena quest are the same since bns started nothing has changed same silver .... its not rewarding and they try so hard to make arena a back seat in every patch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qqqq1   
Posted (edited)

the game is like this ....

aniversary patch march/april -skill changes 

 

trove evey 3 months , rng box after then some fashion box rotate all over

 

sept a new class ....its broken and ruin the game play for anyone for the next 3 months, nerf that class to nothing just to boost another new class.

 

 

december a new place , and level increase

 

aniversary patch decorate jadestone ... recycle an old event dungeon 

 

summer recyle the frog guy in glasses event 

 

 

all the same thing .... 

 

in all of this they haven't once look into making pvp better ..i see posting about some arena ranking bug .

i made gold  and i didnt get a thing come season reset .....on top of getting cc the moment i enter the field i manage to go that far even on my other class went 1670 ....

 

if they continue down this path idk whats gonna happen .... i thought thats what new team would try to restore but this team more focus on power more than ever ..literally throwing everything out there ....

 

isnt it better to have more ppl playing the game and talking about it rather than chasing away everyone leaving the the whales ???? 

 

i mean korea is pvp central and they have ping and pc and unreal what ever ......but at least implement some changes that makes everyone life easier ...all i see happening is copy and paste korea content .... imagine big skill changes and nobody pvping like come on.  i see ppl trying to get 3 arena tag and they saying game is dead lol 

 

you want a tag match u have to beg ppl to join for 15 minutes then beg someone to make a party ....\

 

its a simple fix add 1 of the event pouches u guys throwing in dungeon in tag match daily  when its a daily ...... SIMPLE BUT WILL U GUYS NO? idk if its difficult but only reason when new class drops the populations gets high is becuase old pvpers come back to pvp with the class ..... when they bored they leave 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by qqqq1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qqqq1   

this game has so much potential but in wrong hands ....i heard tournaments are over even another reason y pvpers will leave and tbh most of the ranking are like eu players swarming ranking boards close to season reset ..

 

if i have a soul now .... why would i spend thousands of gold trying to upgrade it when it will be free or for low low .....  rushing getting to aransu then soon 2 weapons be over u ..... its just the same thing so my point is when ppl get bored of this upgrade nerf ...refarm tatic what is left to do nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qqqq1   

u force pvp people to do pve content for gear ...force pve to do  pvp content ...just the same ......

 

i can bet the next patch is 100 percent pve content and if they bat an eye lash at pvp content ill make a toast until then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanuku   
On 5/18/2019 at 5:26 PM, Grimoir said:

bnS is a bit different in terms of PVP...

Arena / BR - Gear plays no role so why should you upgrade anything if you want to do those 2?

Battlegrounds - require PVP gear, and 90% of the players complain because they cant hold up in there with players who are more dedicated to PVP / spend money, so adding anything there would basically exclude a big portion of players.

 

Adding pouches to some dailies was the best option, they are not hard, you dont need maxed out gear to do them, so both PVe and PVP players can partake in it. Plus the PVP players can always upgrade the PVE path of the accessories and then just swap over at stage 10.

Why is the game like this and why is it in this state? My opinion is it's become like this because it's missing the two golden rules a pvp game should have. Balance and Equality. Check all the more famous and successful games like Fortnite and Apex legends. Their better modes are all run in an equalized state where gear has no meaning, and the dev team works tirelessly to keep the classes and characters balanced, so people win mostly by their own skill. That's what the Western audiences want to consume as proven by the numbers, and it's why pvp in MMOs is not so well viewed around here.

 

To fix bns, spread the equalization to all modes and make it so people can play in both equalized and full gear versions of those modes. Keep the juicy rewards like HM coins inside the equalized modes to reward player skill instead of money spent and toss exclusively cosmetic rewards into the "all goes" modes so whales can have something to aim for with their money. Remove pvp gear and merge stats with pve gear so one set fits all to help people save on mats and have meaningful pve gear even if all they do is pvp. And last and most important, balance the classes. We will never get a true 1:1 balance. No game has achieved this. But there's a marked difference between a dev that at least tries to balance things and one that either doesn't know how to do it or doesn't care about it.

 

So really, I just tossed some opinions. They may be flawed to some, but the intention is the same and I think many would agree, pvpers want a fair and balanced game where they can pvp without having to worry about whales and money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, Hanuku said:

Why is the game like this and why is it in this state? My opinion is it's become like this because it's missing the two golden rules a pvp game should have. Balance and Equality. Check all the more famous and successful games like Fortnite and Apex legends. Their better modes are all run in an equalized state where gear has no meaning, and the dev team works tirelessly to keep the classes and characters balanced, so people win mostly by their own skill. That's what the Western audiences want to consume as proven by the numbers, and it's why pvp in MMOs is not so well viewed around here.

 

To fix bns, spread the equalization to all modes and make it so people can play in both equalized and full gear versions of those modes. Keep the juicy rewards like HM coins inside the equalized modes to reward player skill instead of money spent and toss exclusively cosmetic rewards into the "all goes" modes so whales can have something to aim for with their money. Remove pvp gear and merge stats with pve gear so one set fits all to help people save on mats and have meaningful pve gear even if all they do is pvp. And last and most important, balance the classes. We will never get a true 1:1 balance. No game has achieved this. But there's a marked difference between a dev that at least tries to balance things and one that either doesn't know how to do it or doesn't care about it.

 

So really, I just tossed some opinions. They may be flawed to some, but the intention is the same and I think many would agree, pvpers want a fair and balanced game where they can pvp without having to worry about whales and money.

the game is like this because that is the way it is intended to be played. you cannot compare fortnite or apex legends to bns because bns is not a battle royale game like the other two and thus works completely different. Not to mention Apex/ fortnite as you say, are PVP only, hence all balance evolves around PVP, BNS, any change to skills / items affects PVP and PVE so they have to balance it between those two.

 

Battlegrounds are somewaht equalized once you have proper pvp gear, which everyone else had to obtain aswel, through PVE.  Arena might have some slight "imbalance" but it is still skill dependant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanuku   
3 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

the game is like this because that is the way it is intended to be played. you cannot compare fortnite or apex legends to bns because bns is not a battle royale game like the other two and thus works completely different. Not to mention Apex/ fortnite as you say, are PVP only, hence all balance evolves around PVP, BNS, any change to skills / items affects PVP and PVE so they have to balance it between those two.

 

Battlegrounds are somewaht equalized once you have proper pvp gear, which everyone else had to obtain aswel, through PVE.  Arena might have some slight "imbalance" but it is still skill dependant.

"Intended"... Then they picked the wrong audience to sell this game to. By now, everyone knows what the West consumes, and it's balanced pvp all the way. I have met a LOT of people in gaming since I started in the early 80s, and I can say about 80% of the Westerners I've met are pvp minded, even when meeting them in full pve games. They treat pve as casual, unimportant stuff just to pass the time, or stuff to do solely on single player games. Hence why I'm comparing it with full pvp games. And yes, I feel I can compare because if a game has some sort of pvp on it, Westerners will expect it to be balanced and based solely on player skill and not on class chosen, gear or money spent. So when you know that even with equalized gear some classes can so easily overpower others, you can't really call it a "skill based win", unless both players are using the exact same class, or the few that MAY be balanced properly against each other.

 

So in short, I then strongly believe that "The way it's intended to be played" surely doesn't match "The way the West wants to play it." Seeing it like that, explains why the game is bleeding players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
5 minutes ago, Hanuku said:

"Intended"... Then they picked the wrong audience to sell this game to. By now, everyone knows what the West consumes, and it's balanced pvp all the way. I have met a LOT of people in gaming since I started in the early 80s, and I can say about 80% of the Westerners I've met are pvp minded, even when meeting them in full pve games. They treat pve as casual, unimportant stuff just to pass the time, or stuff to do solely on single player games. Hence why I'm comparing it with full pvp games. And yes, I feel I can compare because if a game has some sort of pvp on it, Westerners will expect it to be balanced and based solely on player skill and not on class chosen, gear or money spent. So when you know that even with equalized gear some classes can so easily overpower others, you can't really call it a "skill based win", unless both players are using the exact same class, or the few that MAY be balanced properly against each other.

 

So in short, I then strongly believe that "The way it's intended to be played" surely doesn't match "The way the West wants to play it." Seeing it like that, explains why the game is bleeding players.

This is not a western game, this is a korean game, hence thats how its mean to be played and thats the reason why players play it. dont you think if they wanted what you state they would be out playing fortnite and apex instead of this game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanuku   
8 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

This is not a western game, this is a korean game, hence thats how its mean to be played and thats the reason why players play it. dont you think if they wanted what you state they would be out playing fortnite and apex instead of this game?

My guess is that many who play bns for the pvp also play other pvp games. So yes. They may play a bout of bns pvp, get squashed by a whale wearing infinite immortality one shot gear (because that's how it's intended to be played), then they try the equalized thing only to lose to an infinite blocking kfm or an infinite spinning destro (because that's also intended), and then log off and go play Fortnite and never touch bns pvp ever again.

 

As for where the game comes from, if you intend to publish a game in a place you know expects something different than what you offer, either you adapt or you just expect low numbers. In these cases, corporate heads found it cheaper while still somewhat profitable to just release it more or less as is with some basic translation efforts, than create a full game that caters to this audience. So I'm pretty sure they expect lower numbers from the current game than if they made a full Westernized pvp entry. Is it bad for the pve population that still exists here? Nope. There's quite a lot of pve happening right now. Is it bad for those seeking balanced pvp? Sadly yes, and again, comparing who's playing pve and who's doing pvp (and their satisfaction scores), the numbers are telling the whole tale.

 

Anyway. Before we continue, if we do, note that this isn't going into flame wars. I'm just debating my opinions in a fair way and will never go into disrespecting. I'm saying this because this tone can be mistaken as me trying to be rude when I'm not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
3 minutes ago, Hanuku said:

My guess is that many who play bns for the pvp also play other pvp games. So yes. They may play a bout of bns pvp, get squashed by a whale wearing infinite immortality one shot gear (because that's how it's intended to be played), then they try the equalized thing only to lose to an infinite blocking kfm or an infinite spinning destro (because that's also intended), and then log off and go play Fortnite and never touch bns pvp ever again.

You need to keep in mind that one-shot gear had to be dropped from dungeons, upgraded, and made to what it is today by playing. you shouldnt expect a new player to be on the same level as someone who played the game since the beta.

 

4 minutes ago, Hanuku said:

Anyway. Before we continue, if we do, note that this isn't going into flame wars. I'm just debating my opinions in a fair way and will never go into disrespecting. I'm saying this because this tone can be mistaken as me trying to be rude when I'm not.

Hehe, dont worry, i like discussions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanuku   
1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

You need to keep in mind that one-shot gear had to be dropped from dungeons, upgraded, and made to what it is today by playing. you shouldnt expect a new player to be on the same level as someone who played the game since the beta.

Isn't one of the long standing issues people complain about is because people who pay a lot get a lot? So maybe a 3 day old player won't be getting one shot gear just yet. But in a month or two, someone paying up can catch up or maybe completely surpass players diligently farming through f2p and even those using F5 in smart ways. Some of these new paying players go to pvp to show off the gear they bought, to the dismay of those now under them. Equalized may bring a bit more solace to f2ps, but the current class imbalance keeps creeping up from below and killing otherwise fair matches. And that's what people have been utterly crying about for a long time.

6 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Hehe, dont worry, i like discussions :)

I'm not really one to throw too many of these, but I woke up a bit cranky today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, Hanuku said:

Isn't one of the long standing issues people complain about is because people who pay a lot get a lot? So maybe a 3 day old player won't be getting one shot gear just yet. But in a month or two, someone paying up can catch up or maybe completely surpass players diligently farming through f2p and even those using F5 in smart ways. Some of these new paying players go to pvp to show off the gear they bought, to the dismay of those now under them. Equalized may bring a bit more solace to f2ps, but the current class imbalance keeps creeping up from below and killing otherwise fair matches. And that's what people have been utterly crying about for a long time.

believe me gear isnt everything. i know players who literally outright bought all maxed gear and they are complete trash in pvp and dungeons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanuku   
6 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

believe me gear isnt everything. i know players who literally outright bought all maxed gear and they are complete trash in pvp and dungeons.

In cases where gear is similar, yes, this is totally true. In cases where the whale has max gear and the f2p has a few steps below, this also applies true, but how many cases do we see in pvp of that? From what I gathered by asking around and looking at past conversations here and other places, the whale usually has so much more gear that any player skill problems are literally removed from the equation. it also seems that a large lot of the player base is sitting on what many consider "mid tier" gear. But I'd need to confirm that part better. And that is what I see most complains about. Then there's the cases about OP classes even when equalized. Are these enough for the devs to take notice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never seen a single mmo game that has balanced pvp classes. There's always that 1 class that can be abused in some ways to basically guarantee a win even after supposed class balances. 1 reason i absolutely hate mmo type pvp as it never can really be fully balanced, especially if game companies keep doing what they are currently doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this