Tower of Memory lockout

Inqui

I hoped this would not happen again, but yet, here we are.

Like the last time this boring dungeon was available, it also included most features that are now also present.

Such as the completely unnecessary one day dungeon lockout. What are devs afraid of? That people would keep replaying this dungeon to farm Fortune Potions and few thousand exp?

I have forgot to take the quest (no wonder, there is no NPC for the quest at entrance, easy to forget it), and doing this with alts, its easy to forget.

Im not the first one, nor the last one, i bet this happened to lots of ppl doing this dungeon multiple times / day on their alts, and i say, this is a bad "feature" that should be removed/altered.

Proposal: make the dungeon replayable (no lockouts)

Tower of memory, lmao, that's the hidden sarcastic meaning of that you must remember to take the quest or suffer.

Edited by Inqui
  • Like 2

Your only reason for doing the Tower of Memory should be to do the daily event quest and that's it. There's no reason for the developers to remove the daily-dungeon lockout system because no one's going to farm this dungeon endlessly if the only items it rewards you are XP and [Fortune Potions]; that'd be a waste of time. There are better things for players to spend their time on in Blade & Soul, and this isn't one of those things.

28 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

... if the only items it rewards you are XP and [Fortune Potions]; that'd be a waste of time. There are better things for players to spend their time on in Blade & Soul, and this isn't one of those things.

You can run the event-dungeon with low-level alts and they get a lot of XP compared other quests. Yesterday I ran it with 5 low alts and each had an instant level up afterwards. Without lockout it would be a perfect place to save time for leveling up bots. No need to support **** gold sellers...

Edited by Cohen

9 hours ago, Cohen said:

You can run the event-dungeon with low-level alts and they get a lot of XP compared other quests. Yesterday I ran it with 5 low alts and each had an instant level up afterwards. Without lockout it would be a perfect place to save time for leveling up bots. No need to support **** gold sellers...

Um, you can just nerf the EXP rewards from dynamic quest, and add it to the daily quest?

10 hours ago, Cohen said:

I'm not supporting gold sellers. I'm saying what other reason could you have for doing Tower of Memory other than to get the daily rewards? Removing the lockout would be nice for people who forget, and we all make mistakes, so I support it in favor of that, but if we're removing it so people could level alts., I'd ask for an XP nerf from it.

Players can easily level through the Campaign now after the severe boost in XP rewarded from Campaign quests, so the only benefit I'd see from using Tower of Memory to level up low-level alts. would just be to breeze through all the quests easy without wasting any time.

22 hours ago, Cohen said:

First of all, what does this have to do with gold sellers?

Second: Gold sellers (?), never came to this term, i guess you mean ppl who sell gold on F9? And if yes, whats so wrong about it? How you expect me to get the time-limited outfits? To bet on RNG 0.01% chance on venture tokens to drop or what?

Third: It only gives 20k exp (Dynamic quest that is). This 20k could be simply added to the daily quest and this "problem" would be solved.

50 minutes ago, Inqui said:

First of all, what does this have to do with gold sellers?

Second: Gold sellers (?), never came to this term, i guess you mean ppl who sell gold on F9? And if yes, whats so wrong about it? How you expect me to get the time-limited outfits? To bet on RNG 0.01% chance on venture tokens to drop or what?

Third: It only gives 20k exp (Dynamic quest that is). This 20k could be simply added to the daily quest and this "problem" would be solved.

Definition: "A gold seller is someone who sells in-game gold for real currency (€, $, etc.). Sometimes extended to cover someone who sells accounts or virtual assets (items). Gold selling and gold sellers are also sometimes known by the acronym RMT for Real Money Trading/traders."

It has nothing to do with F9. To gather gold they use bots. A lot of them. If a dungeon or glitch in game mechs allows to automatically level up bots or to speed up the process they use this. Our current event dungeon without a lockout would be such a dungeon.

The problem would be solved if the event dungeon gives no EXP at all after the lockdown was removed.

Instead of removing the one day lockout, make it so there's a way for people to grab the quest at the dungeon entrance or something. Though until/IF that happens, the current workaround here is to heed brother Hajoon's advice and "READ THE LETTER!"

On 5/16/2019 at 3:27 AM, Snowyamur said:

Your only reason for doing the Tower of Memory should be to do the daily event quest and that's it. There's no reason for the developers to remove the daily-dungeon lockout system because no one's going to farm this dungeon endlessly if the only items it rewards you are XP and [Fortune Potions]; that'd be a waste of time. There are better things for players to spend their time on in Blade & Soul, and this isn't one of those things.

If they only reason to do ToM is to do the daily event quest, then shouldn't you automatically get the daily quest credit if you do that dungeon -- since you can't repeat it -- then if it is locked, it seems it would be clear that you should have gotten the DQ credit.

You say there's no reason to remove the lockout because doing it only for the XP+Fortune Potions would be too inconsequential of an award for anyone to repeat it.  If that's they case, then why not let it be repeated?

Either dungeon lockouts shouldn't apply unless you've also gotten the associated quest (because the non-quest treasure isn't worth it), OR if someone does a dungeon with a lockout -- then automatically mark the daily/weekly quest associated with that dungeon done as well.  It would make sense that way.  As it is people would get some "semi-worthless" treasure (if that's true, don't know how much the non-quest treasure is worth), but be locked out of doing any daily (or weekly) quest associated with that dungeon.

So if they clear, just clear the associated quest along with adding a block for repeating it too soon, otherwise it seems fairly obvious that players that forget to take a quest when doing a lockable-dungeon or raid, are being deliberately prevented from 

completing the daily and/or weekly quest associated with such a run.  With several alternate choices for completing a run its not as bad now as it was when you had no alternate (weekly) quests, which would lock you out of being able to get weekly awards.

However, I don't see why the quest and doing of the 'run' aren't tied together for locking-runs.  It would just make sense.

4 minutes ago, Astarae said:

If they only reason to do ToM is to do the daily event quest, then shouldn't you automatically get the daily quest credit if you do that dungeon -- since you can't repeat it -- then if it is locked, it seems it would be clear that you should have gotten the DQ credit.

You say there's no reason to remove the lockout because doing it only for the XP+Fortune Potions would be too inconsequential of an award for anyone to repeat it.  If that's they case, then why not let it be repeated?

Either dungeon lockouts shouldn't apply unless you've also gotten the associated quest (because the non-quest treasure isn't worth it), OR if someone does a dungeon with a lockout -- then automatically mark the daily/weekly quest associated with that dungeon done as well.  It would make sense that way.  As it is people would get some "semi-worthless" treasure (if that's true, don't know how much the non-quest treasure is worth), but be locked out of doing any daily (or weekly) quest associated with that dungeon.

So if they clear, just clear the associated quest along with adding a block for repeating it too soon, otherwise it seems fairly obvious that players that forget to take a quest when doing a lockable-dungeon or raid, are being deliberately prevented from 

completing the daily and/or weekly quest associated with such a run.  With several alternate choices for completing a run its not as bad now as it was when you had no alternate (weekly) quests, which would lock you out of being able to get weekly awards.

However, I don't see why the quest and doing of the 'run' aren't tied together for locking-runs.  It would just make sense.

Or maybe move the actual rewards to the in-dungeon dynamic quest, which as far as I remember gives only a single pink HP pot. And give only some exp for the letter quest.

22 hours ago, Cohen said:

Definition: "A gold seller is someone who sells in-game gold for real currency (€, $, etc.). Sometimes extended to cover someone who sells accounts or virtual assets (items). Gold selling and gold sellers are also sometimes known by the acronym RMT for Real Money Trading/traders."

It has nothing to do with F9. To gather gold they use bots. A lot of them. If a dungeon or glitch in game mechs allows to automatically level up bots or to speed up the process they use this. Our current event dungeon without a lockout would be such a dungeon.

The problem would be solved if the event dungeon gives no EXP at all after the lockdown was removed.

Thanks for the explanation. Understanding it now, it is pretty bad come to think about it.

Back to my topic, even better idea: Remove the daily quest entirely, and add its rewards to the Dynamic quest. Problem solved.