New Cosmetic Vouchers

wefhqweig

Taking from a few suggestions I've seen others pose, I'd like to suggest adding Cosmetic Vouchers, Idle Pose Vouchers and even new Emote Vouchers. Then further being able to have more control over the poses and stances we use. Looking at the at the login screen, I'd love to have my Warden's login animation as a default standing or idle pose where he's leaning on his sword with it resting on the ground. Then as for Emote Vouchers, I've seen the Charm Pellet go for 500g+ it would be a great selling item. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement different poses, many are already in-game, but only during character creation.
Many MMO's have appearance changes as a paid service, but then minor things such as facial hair, eye colors, and hair styles/colors are normally free to change or cost a small fee. But, I know this is Blade & Soul, so I won't get ahead of myself. Could we get an appearance change ticket or even an in-game NPC stylist(that costs HM or NC Coin) that let's us change Facial Marks, Hairdo, and Ears and Tail? There are many players constantly changing outfits, the more accessible the price is then more frequently people would pay for change, even just to match different costumes on different days.
Changeable features would include:
   Hairdo

• Hair Type
  • Hair Color

Ears and Tail (Lyn Only)

Facial Marks

• Eye
  • Brow Type
  • Facial Hair (Male only)
  • Eyelashes (Female only)
  • Eyebrow and Facial Hair Color
  • Cosmetics
  • Lips
  • Facial Decorations
Edited by wefhqweig
  • Like 1

Finals week, tired

Make vouchers cost less and people will buy them more and be happier that they get to change more freely. Happy customers, more sales, will never happen though enjoy the new patch

At least from the games I've played, 10 dollars is usually the base price for vouchers. As for hair/cosmetics-only vouchers, I like the idea. I doubt that if such a thing comes they will include lyn specific changes, but I can see the rest of it not being much of a problem if enough people ask for it with money up front.

I'm on board with this, not because what you've provided was a very basic concept, but because this feature is free in other games, and why isn't it free here? Why should I spend my money on a system like this that should be free to begin with. That's cheating me out of my wallet by making cosmetic changes individual by component, and charging a price for each component.

5 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

I'm on board with this, not because what you've provided was a very basic concept, but because this feature is free in other games, and why isn't it free here? Why should I spend my money on a system like this that should be free to begin with. That's cheating me out of my wallet by making cosmetic changes individual by component, and charging a price for each component.

Just cause its fr5ee in other games doesnt mean it should be free here.....its a publisher decision. if they decide to have it free in some games you shouldnt expect it to be the same here. People are trying too much to make this game like every other game which takes away its uniqueness.

Given i wouldnt mind the voucher, but my opinion is that anything that just conveniance its a good way to make money. But if they would add something like this into the game via a npc it would most likely be like the cat groomer where the change will cost 10-20g per detail changed.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Just cause its fr5ee in other games doesnt mean it should be free here.....its a publisher decision. if they decide to have it free in some games you shouldnt expect it to be the same here. People are trying too much to make this game like every other game which takes away its uniqueness.

Given i wouldnt mind the voucher, but my opinion is that anything that just conveniance its a good way to make money. But if they would add something like this into the game via a npc it would most likely be like the cat groomer where the change will cost 10-20g per detail changed.

If anything, they could at least add a voucher that allows a player to change their race, appearance, and name. All three of these benefits could be given through one voucher priced the same as a [Race Change Voucher], that way players would respect the company's leaning towards convenience and "more bang for your buck" approach over individual components costing a lot already.

But I agree; a lot of players, myself included, are trying to turn this F2P game into another game, which is us begging for the game losing its uniqueness. However, I'd say that this game is unique already for what it is, and adding player-convenient systems and mechanics to the game won't really change what Blade & Soul is from a general standpoint. It still has the cool, martial arts combat, the Chinese culture and practices, and its own story separate from other games; incorporating an appearance change system that costs gold would simply make the game more fun and not change any of the three mentioned, let alone others.

Unfortunately, NCSOFT may never let this happen given this system would make them lose out on potential profits, and they still don't see that by making their player base happy, and actually respect them, people would be happy to pay to support their games. But given that many eastern players continue buying so much, ending up as whales and continuing to spend thousands, that's all NCSOFT will pay attention to.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:51 AM, Grimoir said:

I agree with Grimoir here, as a "free to play" game, cosmetics, services and conveniences should be the primary source of income. While NCSoft hasn't been fair in following their own principles of free to play, it's still not something we should expect or feel entitled to be free.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:01 AM, Snowyamur said:

If anything, they could at least add a voucher that allows a player to change their race, appearance, and name. All three of these benefits could be given through one voucher priced the same as a [Race Change Voucher], that way players would respect the company's leaning towards convenience and "more bang for your buck" approach over individual components costing a lot already.

But I agree; a lot of players, myself included, are trying to turn this F2P game into another game, which is us begging for the game losing its uniqueness. However, I'd say that this game is unique already for what it is, and adding player-convenient systems and mechanics to the game won't really change what Blade & Soul is from a general standpoint. It still has the cool, martial arts combat, the Chinese culture and practices, and its own story separate from other games; incorporating an appearance change system that costs gold would simply make the game more fun and not change any of the three mentioned, let alone others.

Unfortunately, NCSOFT may never let this happen given this system would make them lose out on potential profits, and they still don't see that by making their player base happy, and actually respect them, people would be happy to pay to support their games. But given that many eastern players continue buying so much, ending up as whales and continuing to spend thousands, that's all NCSOFT will pay attention to.

The race change already let's you change appearance as well, that's probably why race changing is more expensive. As for the name change, that's a separate service entirely, I don't see any issue with the 3 being as they are now. I agree to an extent with the players trying to make Blade & Soul into something it's not with certain things they ask for, but if you're referring to the Pay for Convenience aspect that puts a massive gap between the F2P and Paying players, then I disagree there.

8 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

I agree with Grimoir here, as a "free to play" game, cosmetics, services and conveniences should be the primary source of income. While NCSoft hasn't been fair in following their own principles of free to play, it's still not something we should expect or feel entitled to be free.

Given how you worded it, I would also agree because this removes the Pay-to-Win aspect of the game. I have no issues spending money to change my characters' appearances because the character customization in Blade & Soul is astounding and filled with many options for players to pick from. On top of that, changing a character's appearance has virtually no affect on the gameplay other than where your camera is pointing (due to height change), but that's not detrimental to other players.

8 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

The race change already let's you change appearance as well, that's probably why race changing is more expensive. As for the name change, that's a separate service entirely, I don't see any issue with the 3 being as they are now.

If the [Race Change Voucher] was already like that, allowing you to change both race and appearance, I have nothing more to argue about as that's fine by me.

there should be a stylist in game an npc that lets you change it for coup of gold, no need for any voucher system, also the idles animations could be for achivement points or something like getting a poharan/junsang/mushin/junghado animations after beating them or something?