Stand still to use this skill - Why not use this skill makes you stand still?

Kozuki

You know a good number of skills in this game require blocking/entering block stance first, before they can be available for use? Warlock's 1-F, 1-Z, 1-V, for example. There are also some skills that require you stand very still to use, like Warlock's 3.

Let say you are moving, and then you need to block/use skills that require standing stills, you will have to stop moving first, and press the skill. Sound simple, right? The thing is that there is a small delay before the server recognizes that your character has stood still, so that the server can accept the following stand-still-to-use skills. It can prove clunky sometimes.

I think, so why don't we have a combat option that allows players to do the opposite? By checking that option, when you are moving and use a skill that requires you stand still, your character will stop by themselves and use the skills, instead of you doing that manually. When this happen, they stop moving completely even if you hold WASD. The only way for them to resume moving is let go of WASD key that you are holding, and press again.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cor said:

Yeah lets make this game even more braindead stopping moving on your own is way too hard.

TC already addressed that issue, man. It's more of a server recognition thing. Nothing wrong with a bit of QoL. I'm all for it.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:58 PM, Cor said:

Yeah lets make this game even more braindead stopping moving on your own is way too hard.

Stopping on my own is never hard. The hard part is the delay where the server recognizes your character standing still, especially when you don't have optimal ping (let face this, even native NA players have all kind of pings). You may used to hear about people complaining in Twin Asura when mech was still matter, that the orb just went through them, even if they was already in the blocking animation. The reason was the server-side recognition being delayed, and raid always gives you extra ms to make it even worse. So to you, you already did your part of blocking, but to the server, "Hey, you are 0.11111s late for blocking cuz I didn't see that you stood still in time, thus I will let the orb going through for lulz."

Or, a more recent example is high-floor ToI bots who seems to be able to block on move, while players cannot. Actually, they have the same restriction as players. Instead, since they are 100% server-side (absolutely zero-ping), they can do stand still and block AT THE SAME TIME.