Sign in to follow this  
DittzeWL

Obsidian gems (event+)

DittzeWL   

Can you add guys an event what include to get obsidian gems, because it's very hard to get (without alts).

One square obsidian gem is 10x solar energy, it's insane.

Dlacik   

@DittzeWL The solar energy is not the only source of obsidians.
Transcendence Engine can be exchanged for pentagonal obsidian. It can drop in Naryu Sanctum.

Awakened Transcendence Engine can be exchanged for hexagonal obsidian. I'm not sure if this drops in Irontech Forge, Ebondrake Lair or both of them.

Imperial Mark can be exchange for heptagonal obsidian. It can drop in Ransacked Treasury.

60 tokens from circle of sundering can be exchange for heptagonal obsidian.

Demon Fang can be exchanged for octagonal obsidian. It can drop in Dreamsong Theater.

Also in next update the exchange for solar energy is going to be changed. We will get a pentagonal obsidian for 10 solar energy instead of square one.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Dlacik:

Transcendence Engine can be exchanged for pentagonal obsidian. It can drop in Naryu Sanctum.

Awakened Transcendence Engine can be exchanged for hexagonal obsidian. I'm not sure if this drops in Irontech Forge, Ebondrake Lair or both of them.

Your kidding, arent you?
I have 500+ runs NS and never saw one, I saw one back when they droped in IF

I have 300+ runs in IF / EL (Awakened Transcendence Engine can drop in both dungeons) and i saw 1 of them in IF

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Dlacik:

Imperial Mark can be exchange for heptagonal obsidian. It can drop in Ransacked Treasury.

200+ runs, about half of them in HM, never saw one..

So you are much faster farming solar energy by doing dailys on a few alts then hoping for a drop of a (Awakened) Transcendence Engine

Nihilu   

With the next patch the cost for obsidian is going to be drastically decreased (as long as they don’t change transmutation costs).  With being able to buy pentas at 10 solar energy, the ability to get high end obsidians becomes amazingly easier.  This means when to get a gilded before equaled I believe 3kish solar energy, it is now I believe only going to be 800 some solar energy.

I believe they also mentioned increase drops to dungeons that drop pentas? That could end up helping to depending on how much of an increase it is.  An event to help with gems would be nice too, but I personally would like it to include garnets and maybe reduced upgrades for the regular gems too.  It wouldn’t probably end up being huge reductions tho.

Hanuku   

Eh... I'm really behind on the gems department for all my characters. I could use any boost I could get there.

2 hours ago, Hanuku said:

Eh... I'm really behind on the gems department for all my characters. I could use any boost I could get there.

Quick tip, combine all your gems together and upgrade as high as you can and keep the result.  Mail that set between your characters.

Arohk   

A gilded Triangular Obsidian only costs 3240 Solar energy, come on guys, that's only about 800 daily challenges, no problem *wink*

Hanuku   
59 minutes ago, Deadly Intent said:

Quick tip, combine all your gems together and upgrade as high as you can and keep the result.  Mail that set between your characters.

I did sort of like that. Didn't strip my characters of their basic gems, but all extras were sent to my main. I managed some heptas, but as i said, i'm like, REALLY behind in the whole gems thing... derp. I did get a penta obsidian for my main. I think it came from one of those free boxes you open many times and they give you stuff and a 10 hour cool down. If it wasn't from there, it came from some bundle I may have bought in a totally not 20 dollar whale fashion...

Grimoir   
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Hanuku said:

I did sort of like that. Didn't strip my characters of their basic gems, but all extras were sent to my main. I managed some heptas, but as i said, i'm like, REALLY behind in the whole gems thing... derp. I did get a penta obsidian for my main. I think it came from one of those free boxes you open many times and they give you stuff and a 10 hour cool down. If it wasn't from there, it came from some bundle I may have bought in a totally not 20 dollar whale fashion...

you can run Heavens Mandate / Col Storage for gem tickets for heptagonals, you can complete the Temple of succession quest line on multiple characters which will give you several hexagonal gems you can later combine (this is a kinda time consuming solution, but it works), you can also farm moon refuge and at least get a set of octagonal gems (they arent upgradable or mailable, but at least they will be better if your gems are under octa stage)

Edited by Grimoir

Hanuku   
8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

you can run Heavens Mandate / Col Storage for gem tickets for heptagonals, you can complete the Temple of succession quest line on multiple characters which will give you several hexagonal gems you can later combine (this is a kinda time consuming solution, but it works), you can also farm moon refuge and at least get a set of octagonal gems (they arent upgradable or mailable, but at least they will be better if your gems are under octa stage)

Done all but the moon octas. But I don't worry. I can't complain. I'll get there eventually. I'm also wondering where to find powders other than from random daily dash luck, F10 or events. Fusing a for a hepta requires 2 of those already.

Nihilu   

With the next update you can buy them for 25 solar energy.  Also Cyan mentioned that the merchant of wonder will be selling stacks of 5 for 25 gold... although didn’t mention if it was the Hard mode merchant, or the CS or HM merchant... 

Hanuku   
2 hours ago, Nihilu said:

With the next update you can buy them for 25 solar energy.  Also Cyan mentioned that the merchant of wonder will be selling stacks of 5 for 25 gold... although didn’t mention if it was the Hard mode merchant, or the CS or HM merchant... 

Hopefully is the regular merchant. I have a long ways to go in terms of player skill and character development to even try a hard mode dungeon yet... I may get there one day, with a lot of training and an ample supply of Ibuprofen to calm the resulting headaches...

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Hanuku:

Hopefully is the regular merchant. I have a long ways to go in terms of player skill and character development to even try a hard mode dungeon yet... I may get there one day, with a lot of training and an ample supply of Ibuprofen to calm the resulting headaches...

thats the problem since NC-Soft decided to remove the good old 4 men dungeons and replace them ba 6men Hardmode, which was a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing jocke back in that time. Suddenly our normalmode was the new hardmode. Stupidly NC-Soft continues with making things more and more easy. When Shadowmoore was released you had to do mech and could learn the basics for hardmode. But then, for whatever reason nc-soft decided to make this dungeon ridicoulous easy. There is still mech, but hey you can completly ignore it and stupidly burst down the boss, so why bother with the mech anyway? 

Anyway, when you have decent gear and about 1500A,  you can join at least hardmodes in starstone mine up to drowning deeps. there are still a little bit of mech, but most partys manage to skip even these. Sad but true ...

Hanuku   
3 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

thats the problem since NC-Soft decided to remove the good old 4 men dungeons and replace them ba 6men Hardmode, which was a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing jocke back in that time. Suddenly our normalmode was the new hardmode. Stupidly NC-Soft continues with making things more and more easy. When Shadowmoore was released you had to do mech and could learn the basics for hardmode. But then, for whatever reason nc-soft decided to make this dungeon ridicoulous easy. There is still mech, but hey you can completly ignore it and stupidly burst down the boss, so why bother with the mech anyway? 

Anyway, when you have decent gear and about 1500A,  you can join at least hardmodes in starstone mine up to drowning deeps. there are still a little bit of mech, but most partys manage to skip even these. Sad but true ...

I'm not against mechs, but I'm also in favor of accomodating people of different skill levels in the game. I'm also in favor of an effort=reward setup, where you get the shiny things only if you "git gud" instead of just having ridiculously OP gear. But at least on that last part, whales would disagree, and the company listens more to those who pay than those who don't.

As for me, I'm currently on 1329 AP. I'll try to use this current event to see if I can upgrade an accessory or two. And while I haven't tried it yet, I just got me an old but rather nice soul badge to replace the starter one I was using. I think I'll see some improvement on my DPS.... Now all I'd need is slightly better ping and less headaches when doing things that require more than half of my brain's cpu power..... It's hard to game after the 40s, after all. :p