Tower of infinity: new scores won't save.

Miayu

I had this bug already last week, and it seems to still be here this week as well. On some of my alts, I cleared tower of infinity for the first times this season. Yet no matter which floor I will clear, for some the score will be stuck at floor 41. On my gunner I cleared floor 83 I believe, and the score that is saved is floor 67 and cannot be improved. For my BD, i cleared floor 67, yet the score saved for the rankings claims floor 25 with the time of 6000 minutes... Could this be fixed asap, as the season end is near?

Server is Jinsoyun btw.

Edited by Miayu

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Not sure if its actually a bug but i do know sometimes for whatever reason the ranging takes a while to be refreshed. you will not see it immediately after you rank up.

That's not the case here, as last week I tried to improve my kfm ranking that was already false, showing lower than the floor I just cleared. It stayed at floor 47 no matter what, even when I finish the ToI runs at much higher floors and get the stage 6 rewards (floor 66+). I didn't get any weekly reward, cos after the maintenance the floor saved was still at floor 47 which isn't even top 1500. And this week the floor saved still always remains at 47 even if I clear much higher floors.

Actually battle record seems to be always saved. F11 -> My Ranking shows my best time. But it is not transfered into the rating.

-> wrong

My ranking just got overwritten with a time I never did(?). At least it is not my old record I achieved before today and not my new record.

The correct time appears at "End Challenge" -> Challenge Result -> Battle time -> Best record

TOI season will end tomorrow.

1) Would you run a script that refreshes rankings based on "Best record" before season reward calculation?

2) If this is not achievable in time, pls inform support members so we get an easy way to get our rewards.

Edited by CooleSau

4 hours ago, CooleSau said:

Actually battle record seems to be always saved. F11 -> My Ranking shows my best time. But it is not transfered into the rating.

-> wrong

My ranking just got overwritten with a time I never did(?). At least it is not my old record I achieved before today and not my new record.

The correct time appears at "End Challenge" -> Challenge Result -> Battle time -> Best record

TOI season will end tomorrow.

1) Would you run a script that refreshes rankings based on "Best record" before season reward calculation?

2) If this is not achievable in time, pls inform support members so we get an easy way to get our rewards.

I cropped a screenshot of my BD having cleared ToI floor 63, it shows floor 67 as best record in the ToI reward window, yet ranking is wrong for me even in the f11 my ranking, showing floor 25 with clear time of 6000 minutes (lol). Starting floor in ToI was 44 btw so somehow the best ranking is saved yea but not transferred into the rating like you said.

My BD false ranking

• NCSOFT

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience while we were investigating this issue. We can now confirm that the scores are properly saved in the backend of the game and that this seems to be just a display problem. The scores you see in the game are not updated properly, but you will be rewarded based on your actual score for Tower of Infinity after the maintenance has been completed today. We are currently working with the developers to fix this display issue, therefore, we can not give you an estimate of when this will be resolved yet.

Well that didn't happen...

My WL got NO season rewards and NO weekly rewards, so it surely wasn't based on his improved and not saved score.

My KFM actually did get season rewards, but not the weekly ones.

My other chars don't have any problem with TOI.

• NCSOFT

Greetings everybody,

Please be so kind and contact our Support team if you are affected by this, so we have a chance to take a closer look, yet again. If you have already submitted a ticket, we ask for your patience while we are working on this.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • NCSOFT

Hi all,

We are still investigating his issue. The tickets you have sent us in regard to this topic (e.g. for compensation) are currently put on hold as we are having a look at the data. Unfortunately this is taking longer as expected due to the complexity of the issue but rest assured we will update you as soon as we have new information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • NCSOFT

Hi all,

We were able to identify this problem affecting scores, which means that we are now able to work on a solution. Yet there is no date when this will be resolved, so please stay tuned. We will let you know as soon as we can provide you with more information.

• NCSOFT

Hi all,

It seems that we have resolved the issue with incorrectly updating scores on the live servers. Everything should now be back to normal. We will continue observing the situation but if any inconsistencies with your scores continue to occur on your end, please let us know, so we can have a look.

@Baskerville Well, looks like you guys didn't fix it in time for season rewards. Look at the good side, at least now since the ratings reset you don't have to bother anymore. Guess the people who were negatively impacted by this bug and had their F11 rating 71 points lower than it should have been are just meh. Nope, not mad at all.... Can you explain how you overlooked this? How it legitimately didn't cross your mind that if the updating was broken for a week, the current values may be corrupted? Who initially fixed this? A 9 year old script kiddie? 

Oh yeah, let's not even start talking about the people who abused this bug and got very high ratings, thus unjustly earned season rewards. This game breaking bug was there for A MONTH and you somehow didn't have enough time to fix it. Alright then.

• NCSOFT

Hi all,

With today's maintenance we have applied a fix to address the rating issue. We expect this to be working now, however as always with these things, this needs to be tested and monitored on the live environment. If the current ranking still does not work, please let us know.

Regarding the season affected by this issue, which has ended as of today — we are aware that this is affecting a lot of you and we understand the frustration this has caused you. We want you to know that this issue will be addressed — unfortunately not immediately, but we are currently working with the Developers to see if and how we can identify what rewards you were supposed to get. Due to the amount of complexity of this data this might prove challenging but in any case, we will address it.

For the time being, we would like to ask for your patience and want to to say that we are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.