Forums

How is this even possible?

SkFy

On the bnsbuddy forum there is a mod that changes flash freeze from ice bar to fire bar..
"fm-ice-normal-simp-mode-changes.1059"
How is this even possible? you really gonna tell me this game has no checks to see if you are actually on the proper bar before you use a skill?:S
Even for blade and soul this is  next level fail coding...
Really hope people are getting banned if they use this, cause it's straightup cheating...
This way you have all skills you need for wallbang on the same bar and you wont have to go trough the ebola of changing back and forward between bars..

• NCSOFT

Greetings SkFy,

If you suspect a player may be cheating, feel free to submit a report to our Support team for a closer look. Please include as much information, such as screenshots and video material, as possible.

You can submit your ticket via the Support tab above.  

1 minute ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings SkFy,

If you suspect a player may be cheating, feel free to submit a report to our Support team for a closer look. Please include as much information, such as screenshots and video material, as possible.

You can submit your ticket via the Support tab above.  

I get that, but its pretty hard to notice during a normal fight unless you are recording and you can watch it back..
But how is this even possible, any other game would have a check in its code to prevent this from happening..

1 hour ago, SkFy said:

I get that, but its pretty hard to notice during a normal fight unless you are recording and you can watch it back..
But how is this even possible, any other game would have a check in its code to prevent this from happening..

It happens because they allow a 3rd party program used / overlook users even though their own Terms of Service state not to use a 3rd party program let alone mod game files, client side some may argue but regardless.

1 hour ago, SkFy said:

they have anti-cheat software in place. This however is not a cheat, its a QoL improvement. the program used for it is used by players in KR, CN, TW, NA, EU...for some this program is the only thing making the game even remotely playable, because it provides improvements and optimizations which the clinet itself does not have, never had and never will have, as its beeing brought up since 3 years.

If they would actually ban for it, they would loose a very very huge amount of players, and i am talking in thousands. So you can either: use it yourself and have the same QoL improvement, or dont use it and stop ruining it for many others.

This is literally the same way players ruined a similar program for Tera, because someone had to ruin it for everyone else and the game lost more than half its player base due to the game becoming barely playable for them.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

they have anti-cheat software in place. This however is not a cheat, its a QoL improvement. the program used for it is used by players in KR, CN, TW, NA, EU...for some this program is the only thing making the game even remotely playable, because it provides improvements and optimizations which the clinet itself does not have, never had and never will have, as its beeing brought up since 3 years.

If they would actually ban for it, they would loose a very very huge amount of players, and i am talking in thousands. So you can either: use it yourself and have the same QoL improvement, or dont use it and stop ruining it for many others.

This is literally the same way players ruined a similar program for Tera, because someone had to ruin it for everyone else and the game lost more than half its player base due to the game becoming barely playable for them.

Barely playable? I don't use it, I play using a desktop computer that is more of a office computer (i3 / 8gb ram / 4gb vid / win 10) then for gaming and play just fine. Don't give me that bs about people can't play without it unless of course they are playing on even older worthless computer that doesn't or barely meets the game requirements.

1 minute ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Barely playable? I don't use it, I play using a desktop computer that is more of a office computer (i3 / 8gb ram / 4gb vid / win 10) then for gaming and play just fine. Don't give me that bs about people can't play without it unless of course they are playing on even older worthless computer that doesn't or barely meets the game requirements.

Even if your PC meets the requirements, the game plays like utter garbage, if people didnt use it, they wouldnt even be able to do raids properly. If you can afford a good amazing PC, good for you, but the fact others cant, even tho they meet the requirements, and the game runs like garbage its not a PC issue. to give an example, i know plenty players who if they dont use it, they crash like every 5 min. the moment they start the game with buddy, barely any crashes, not to mention FPS increase and overal much smoother gameplay.

but hey, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you should consider looking at the bigger picture not just yourself :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

Even if your PC meets the requirements, the game plays like utter garbage, if people didnt use it, they wouldnt even be able to do raids properly. If you can afford a good amazing PC, good for you, but the fact others cant, even tho they meet the requirements, and the game runs like garbage its not a PC issue. to give an example, i know plenty players who if they dont use it, they crash like every 5 min. the moment they start the game with buddy, barely any crashes, not to mention FPS increase and overal much smoother gameplay.

but hey, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you should consider looking at the bigger picture not just yourself :)

I do look at the bigger picture, while the game is poorly coded people still play it. However at the same time you also need to look at the bigger picture as well considering the amount of harm that can be done using the same programs. What about ExitLag, should it be allowed or ban worthy? Plenty of other things can be mentioned. I guess you guys just need to be glad they overlook it.

5 minutes ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

I do look at the bigger picture, while the game is poorly coded people still play it. However at the same time you also need to look at the bigger picture as well considering the amount of harm that can be done using the same programs. What about ExitLag, should it be allowed or ban worthy? Plenty of other things can be mentioned. I guess you guys just need to be glad they overlook it.

Actually, Jonathan clearly stated using ping programs is not bannable, the only thing is that if due to a paing program your game has technical issues, support may choose not to assist you, but usage of it was allowed by ncsoft.

Now, in the veryyyy beginning i didnt like buddy aswel, but then i actually checked it out and read on what it can do and what it cant, there is nothing it can do that would constitute as cheating,k all it does is give QoL improvenets, like in such example changing of the default key for skills, to make them more responsive, because if you dont know, bns has a huge issue when it comes to skills on the F button, to the extent that they dont even go off after several presses when you are in combat.

One could argue about the simple mode in game...its a macro, macros are also considered cheats.   Currently there are 4359 users using buddy logged in. Imagine loosing more than half of that playerbase.

• Like 1

Actually, Jonathan clearly stated using ping programs is not bannable, the only thing is that if due to a paing program your game has technical issues, support may choose not to assist you, but usage of it was allowed by ncsoft.

Now, in the veryyyy beginning i didnt like buddy aswel, but then i actually checked it out and read on what it can do and what it cant, there is nothing it can do that would constitute as cheating,k all it does is give QoL improvenets, like in such example changing of the default key for skills, to make them more responsive, because if you dont know, bns has a huge issue when it comes to skills on the F button, to the extent that they dont even go off after several presses when you are in combat.

One could argue about the simple mode in game...its a macro, macros are also considered cheats.   Currently there are 4359 users using buddy logged in. Imagine loosing more than half of that playerbase.

However simple mode is provided by the game company while BNS buddy isn't, see the conflict. Also, Jonathan is no longer connected to Blade and Soul as far as I know, so what he says doesn't hold as much weight right now.  As long as BNS Buddy doesn't start allowing you to mod your client for a unfair advantage over those who don't want to use it, whether it is allowed. When that changes however.. For players like myself I stick to what the ToS says.

1 minute ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

However simple mode is provided by the game company while BNS buddy isn't, see the conflict. Also, Jonathan is no longer connected to Blade and Soul as far as I know, so what he says doesn't hold as much weight right now.  As long as BNS Buddy doesn't start allowing you to mod your client for a unfair advantage over those who don't want to use it, whether it is allowed. When that changes however.. For players like myself I stick to what the ToS says.

It doesnt allow you any unfair advantage, just makes things more smooth, and enjoyable, literally people gain 20+ FPS gains itself just from it. And whether use it or not, it all up to the players themselves but some should think before they start complaining or at least educate themselves on what it is and what it does, because one player complaint can ruin the game for 4k+ players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

It doesnt allow you any unfair advantage, just makes things more smooth, and enjoyable, literally people gain 20+ FPS gains itself just from it. And whether use it or not, it all up to the players themselves but some should think before they start complaining or at least educate themselves on what it is and what it does, because one player complaint can ruin the game for 4k+ players.

I've been to the website, checked it out and some of the edits while it might cut out the use of macros, might offer 20+ fps increase and such like I said, as long as it doesn't offer a unfair advantage they will overlook it, however it doesn't mean that like the OP should be silenced just because he doesn't want to use it and is reporting behavior he has seen in a fight.

If the game loses 4k players it will close down shortly afterwards.  Hyperbole?  Perhaps, but the reason for the recent server mergers given means there were not enough players at a high enough level to even consider doing ET so they had to be moved to the same server.  How many of them use buddy?  Probably a very high percentage.  How many of them spend a health amount of rlm on the game?  Likely a great deal.  Now  let's ban them all.  Houston, we have a problem.  For this reason alone you can bet the farm that there are not going to be any banning going on for using this program.  

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

guess you never played fm..
it basically makes it so you don't have to switch between fire and ice bar cause all ur wallbang skills will then be on the same bar..

How is that not cheating? using an ice stance skill in fire stance..

And what I meant with why isn't there any check in the code to prevent this..
The skill clearly says requirement "frost stance" and yet if you change it to the fire bar... you can use it in fire stance..
Why isn't there a check on this skill to see if the requirements to use it actually met?

Edited by SkFy

3 minutes ago, Deadly Intent said:

If the game loses 4k players it will close down shortly afterwards.  Hyperbole?  Perhaps, but the reason for the recent server mergers given means there were not enough players at a high enough level to even consider doing ET so they had to be moved to the same server.  How many of them use buddy?  Probably a very high percentage.  How many of them spend a health amount of rlm on the game?  Likely a great deal.  Now  let's ban them all.  Houston, we have a problem.  For this reason alone you can bet the farm that there are not going to be any banning going on for using this program.  

I understand that, and I don't expect them to ban anyone using bnsbuddy in general...
but things like this should be easy to trace down, it means you are using skills in an impossible order..
The rest is no different from keybinds :s

1 minute ago, CoDyvok said:

there is a check and in game and it should not be possible
Did you actually tried that its working like that?

Well I wouldn't wanna risk a ban myself, but that's exactly what it does..
wouldn't be a point in changing it to fire bar if u cant use it

13 minutes ago, SkFy said:

guess you never played fm..
it basically makes it so you don't have to switch between fire and ice bar cause all ur wallbang skills will then be on the same bar..

How is that not cheating? using an ice stance skill in fire stance..

And what I meant with why isn't there any check in the code to prevent this..
The skill clearly says requirement "frost stance" and yet if you change it to the fire bar... you can use it in fire stance..
Why isn't there a check on this skill to see if the requirements to use it actually met?

To touch base on your specific FM example:

All it does is make it easier to play, because the two stances are dumb to begin with, and most players already complained about that aswel.  I do not see any harm in this if all it does is make it easier for you, not to mention, the swapping stances is affected by ping, and those who dont have such a great in game ping, can be in the same league as people with better connection.

not to mention ice fm is a dead spec.

Edited by Grimoir

where is the proof then?xD

if there is no proof then its like talking about nothing

Also i dont think its possible since if its possible, i could use awakened skills always without soulburn :D

3 minutes ago, CoDyvok said:

Also i dont think its possible since if its possible, i could use awakened skills always without soulburn :D

What he is referring to is changing of keybinds, thats all it is.

instead of going RMB->V for example for sheath, its changed so you dont need rmb, but you can use V directly, but in exchange the skill that was previously on V is not usable anymore.

Edited by Grimoir

To touch base on your specific FM example:

All it does is make it easier to play, because the two stances are dumb to begin with, and most players already complained about that aswel.  I do not see any harm in this if all it does is make it easier for you, not to mention, the swapping stances is affected by ping, and those who dont have such a great in game ping, can be in the same league as people with better connection.

good joke, that's what makes wallbang hard the having to switch bars while timing your cc's..
having them all on the same bar makes it way too easy and is unfair...
I don't like having to change either, but if they make the class that way I gotta accept it and not change the game the way I want it to be.

7 minutes ago, CoDyvok said:

try it

Just now, CoDyvok said:

Did you mean that you have all the "usefull" skills on one bar? if so i dont think you can use it without a stance change

i only have an lvl 45 fm and i dont think its working with it

Check bnsbuddy forum, what I mean is moving fire stance X (tornado/snowball) with ice stance X flash freeze..
Then you got all skills you need to do a 100-0 wallbang on your fire bar and don't have to switch to ice inbetween combos... 

You cannot do this ingame… only by editing files.

"fm-ice-normal-simp-mode-changes.1059"
That's the name of the topic in the "buddy addon XML" section

IF there is a cheat and a cheater, you should report it through Support. Not through a forum thread. I don't use BNS buddy and I dn't think I will. The whole having to log in through their front end instead of trough the official launcher gives me the shivers... But that's topic for another conversation.