Question about the new event

pingal1ty

I just watch the update preview, You guys so bad at these update preview! they're not even organized to present the update, the subject matter was all over the place. The sound quality is so bad! The guys in the hoodie looks disinterested or he doesn't even knows what he's talking about or just maybe he doesn't even care to be there.

Edited by 894957_1452550607

2 hours ago, 894957_1452550607 said:

I just watch the update preview, You guys so bad at these update preview! they're not even organized to present the update, the subject matter was all over the place. The sound quality is so bad! The guys in the hoodie looks disinterested or he doesn't even knows what he's talking about or just maybe he doesn't even care to be there.

I have to agree with this guy.

You guys need to improve, the streaming is totally not fun, and your voices (all 3 people) are not fun ( I'm sorry, no offense) to be streaming caster (caster need to be more fun).

On 10/5/2019 at 2:12 AM, Cyan said:

What Soragami said is correct.

So basically the point of the event is to reduce the amount of materials you spend in upgrades via some tokens you obtain by playing the game. 

And in this event you can buy said token with a ton of materials that cost you even more than not doing the event? 

Its completely nonsense.

Thanks for the fast response tho. I know its probably not in your hand change the system but if it makes any difference would like to say the game is derailing and going down the hill because basically we understand skill > RNG and we don't find skillfull grinding 12 hours a day during years to catch up to top gear, we like challenges like TT, but more gear affordable, skill based and be able to gear up by playing the game, we believe money can be made via artists, like costumes and stuff like that, but yeah, a lazy model where you repeat the same thing 1000 times vs one where you need a dozen of artists working hard we all know the difference in cost/efficiency for the company, it makes me laugh hard when I read from NCSoft CEO saying "we fail to understand western market", because at this point we can say it louder but not any more clear.

Edited by pingal1ty

1 hour ago, pingal1ty said:

So basically the point of the event is to reduce the amount of materials you spend in upgrades via some tokens you obtain by playing the game. 

And in this event you can buy said token with a ton of materials that cost you even more than not doing the event? 

Its completely nonsense.

Thanks for the fast response tho. I know its probably not in your hand change the system but if it makes any difference would like to say the game is derailing and going down the hill because basically we understand skill > RNG and we don't find skillfull grinding 12 hours a day during years to catch up to top gear, we like challenges like TT, but more gear affordable, skill based and be able to gear up by playing the game, we believe money can be made via artists, like costumes and stuff like that, but yeah, a lazy model where you repeat the same thing 1000 times vs one where you need a dozen of artists working hard we all know the difference in cost/efficiency for the company, it makes me laugh hard when I read from NCSoft CEO saying "we fail to understand western market", because at this point we can say it louder but not any more clear.

you are missunderstanding something....

By doing dailies + event dungeon you get currency to buy those tokens. for those who are lazy and dont want to do dungeons, they can transmute the tokens but with a high cost. so basically lazy = you need pay, not lazy - you get all you need from just playing without spending any materials.

This is what you need to pay if you want to be lazy during the event :

Polished Scale

Dragon Token

x185 Soulstone Crystal

x260 Soulstone Crystal

x130 Sacred Crystal

x170 Sacred Crystal

x55 Moonstone Crystal

x60 Moonstone Crystal

x35 Elysian Crystal

x40 Elysian Crystal

x1 Premium Transformation Stone

Edited by Grimoir

22 hours ago, Grimoir said:

you are missunderstanding something....

By doing dailies + event dungeon you get currency to buy those tokens. for those who are lazy and dont want to do dungeons, they can transmute the tokens but with a high cost. so basically lazy = you need pay, not lazy - you get all you need from just playing without spending any materials.

This is what you need to pay if you want to be lazy during the event :

Polished Scale

Dragon Token

x185 Soulstone Crystal

x260 Soulstone Crystal

x130 Sacred Crystal

x170 Sacred Crystal

x55 Moonstone Crystal

x60 Moonstone Crystal

x35 Elysian Crystal

x40 Elysian Crystal

x1 Premium Transformation Stone

the Dragon token is the same amount of mats a Breakthrough cost right now. The only real problem (i cant find it) is the "significant" cost reduction, because the cost to transmute 1 token just to "reduce" will end up being more expensive.

6 hours ago, Kroshak said:

he Dragon token is the same amount of mats a Breakthrough cost right now. The only real problem (i cant find it) is the "significant" cost reduction, because the cost to transmute 1 token just to "reduce" will end up being more expensive.

You are NOT SUPPOSED TO TRANSMUTE THEM. You do the event dungeons you get currency, you buy the dragon token for that currency....no transmutation needed at all.

The transmutation is only there for the rich people who dont want to do the dungeons.

14 hours ago, Grimoir said:

You are NOT SUPPOSED TO TRANSMUTE THEM. You do the event dungeons you get currency, you buy the dragon token for that currency....no transmutation needed at all.

The transmutation is only there for the rich people who dont want to do the dungeons.

Grimoir, dude, we know NCsoft pays you to be 12 hours a day replying to all kind of threats and trying to discredit them, but please, don't be so obvious....

You are trying to defend with cape and sword what is undefendable.

The event has a point, give tokens to use them to upgrade your gear, said tokens reduce your gearing upgrade cost. The moment you can pay for this tokenwith your materials making the upgrade more expensive than if you wouldn't use the token itself.... makes it an scam, and one of the worse events ever btw. 

Who in his sane mind is going to craft one of these ?

Let's see price for a polished scale as an example;

185 ss x 0.4s = 74g

130 sc = 120g

55 msc = 330g

35 ec = 140g

Total 664 gold in materials, plus add to it the transmutation gold fee if there's any.

And let's not talk about the Dragon token because its even more materials and top it up with a PTS which is gonna make the cost go over 1k gold.

It is absurd no matter how you look at it, even if you are giving the players the option to do this, no one normal person would do it, only someone who throw 2000€ to the screen per month and is ultra lazy to farm anything would just buy the materials and transmute the tokens, and no this is not a positive thing, because said players do take away the materials from the marketplace -at any cost because they don't have any issues with getting gold- and the ones who really struggle to get it have to see marketplace prices increased and suffer the consequences of their unlimited greed and lazyness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Grimoir, dude, we know NCsoft pays you to be 12 hours a day replying to all kind of threats and trying to discredit them, but please, don't be so obvious....

The event has a point, give tokens to use them to upgrade your gear, said tokens reduce your gearing upgrade cost. The moment you can pay for this tokenwith your materials making the upgrade more expensive than if you wouldn't use the token itself.... makes it an scam, and one of the worse events ever btw. 

185 ss x 0.4s = 74g

130 sc = 120g

55 msc = 330g

35 ec = 140g

Total 664 gold in materials, plus add to it the transmutation gold fee if there's any.

And let's not talk about the Dragon token because its even more materials and top it up with a PTS which is gonna make the cost go over 1k gold.

It is absurd no matter how you look at it, even if you are giving the players the option to do this, no one normal person would do it, only someone who throw 2000€ to the screen per month and is ultra lazy to farm anything would just buy the materials and transmute the tokens, and no this is not a positive thing, because said players do take away the materials from the marketplace -at any cost because they don't have any issues with getting gold- and the ones who really struggle to get it have to see marketplace prices increased and suffer the consequences of their unlimited greed and lazyness.

......ok need to say this, the cost for the scales, except for bracelet, is the exact same bound mats as if you were trying to break through normally.  So depending on if it reduces all the bound mats to 0, the the cost to create these scales is actually 0 as you won’t be saving bound mats, or spending more to get the break through.  It all depends on how much “greatly reduce” is. Say they just require the black stones / feathers along side these scales and the lucent accessory, and they reduce the gold cost to 0 then you would actually save 70/100 gold per break through transmuting these scales.  Till we know what the cost with these scales are tho we can’t say how much better it is or isn’t then the normal route.

One of the biggest parts of the events is really the Jewels, if they = our jewels then the cost for upgrading them if you get every jewel you can from daily dungeons would be 1,575 gold savings for players (figuring the 15 gold cost as everyone values bound mats differently).  If you do have info on what the cost to do breakthrough using the scales that I didn’t notice I will retract my statement, but if we don’t have that info then we can’t even begin to call it absurd.

Now there  are some players who don’t do the break through for their equipment, and leave it at stage three (some being alts) now if players are planning to try and advance to say TT accesories, the break through without a blue crux is 4 pts, and quite a it of moonstone crystals and Elysian crystals and 350 gold.... so with not having to pay gold for jewels, and players able to use event currency to get basically a PTS, this could be a prime event for players to work on their raid accesories so they can continue into TT ones cheaper (depending on what the reduced cost of break through).

8 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

185 ss x 0.4s = 74g

130 sc = 120g

55 msc = 330g

35 ec = 140g

Why are you calculating the transmute in gold cost if you get the Polished scale and Dragon tokens for FREE just by doing tower of memory and the daily challenge?

18 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Why are you calculating the transmute in gold cost if you get the Polished scale and Dragon tokens for FREE just by doing tower of memory and the daily challenge?

Because point is if you transmute it, that's the cost, and you're trying to defend the aberration of an idea "you have the chance to do it" ????? 

Would you transmute in your efford to being the laziest player ever knowing it costs you more than just upgrading via the usual way without even doing the event? Come on, try to put some sense to it.

On 13/5/2019 at 3:53 AM, Nihilu said:

......ok need to say this, the cost for the scales, except for bracelet, is the exact same bound mats as if you were trying to break through normally.  So depending on if it reduces all the bound mats to 0, the the cost to create these scales is actually 0 as you won’t be saving bound mats, or spending more to get the break through.  It all depends on how much “greatly reduce” is. Say they just require the black stones / feathers along side these scales and the lucent accessory, and they reduce the gold cost to 0 then you would actually save 70/100 gold per break through transmuting these scales.  Till we know what the cost with these scales are tho we can’t say how much better it is or isn’t then the normal route.

One of the biggest parts of the events is really the Jewels, if they = our jewels then the cost for upgrading them if you get every jewel you can from daily dungeons would be 1,575 gold savings for players (figuring the 15 gold cost as everyone values bound mats differently).  If you do have info on what the cost to do breakthrough using the scales that I didn’t notice I will retract my statement, but if we don’t have that info then we can’t even begin to call it absurd.

Now there  are some players who don’t do the break through for their equipment, and leave it at stage three (some being alts) now if players are planning to try and advance to say TT accesories, the break through without a blue crux is 4 pts, and quite a it of moonstone crystals and Elysian crystals and 350 gold.... so with not having to pay gold for jewels, and players able to use event currency to get basically a PTS, this could be a prime event for players to work on their raid accesories so they can continue into TT ones cheaper (depending on what the reduced cost of break through).

I see your point, however, if you read carefully at the event, there is no event for TT accessories, it is for Skybreak accs and dunno what else but basically low gear, and if I recall correctly this gear doesn't even ask for a single PTS when you breakthrough.

2 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Because point is if you transmute it, that's the cost, and you're trying to defend the aberration of an idea "you have the chance to do it" ????? 

Would you transmute in your efford to being the laziest player ever knowing it costs you more than just upgrading via the usual way without even doing the event? Come on, try to put some sense to it.

i never said you have "a chance to do it"....i said for those that are lazy and dont want to put in effort to run the event, they can transmute them at a high cost.

10 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

I see your point, however, if you read carefully at the event, there is no event for TT accessories, it is for Skybreak accs and dunno what else but basically low gear, and if I recall correctly this gear doesn't even ask for a single PTS when you breakthrough.

The event is targeting hellion grade/BT accessories, but there are some benefits these can give to players who will be looking into going into TT/imperial accessories.  As we get jewels for basically free we can upgrade these accessories to stage 10 a lot cheaper, and then break down the accessory to get the crux to make the first break through cheaper for the next tier accessory.  It wasn’t always worth it before just due to how expensive jewels were if you weren’t planning on leveling it anyways.  

The BT accesories each take a pts per breakthrough (exact break through cost is the dragon scale mats + 20 raven feathers + 70/100g+ an accessory) and to go from stage 9->10 also takes a pristine oil (not sure if this will be reduced with the upgrade).  

I would of liked to to see it include higher tier accessories, but depending on the reduction to mats, this could be a prime time to get alts bracelets to stage 10.